omg the perk changes

Off the record and overcharge might be the two strongest perks in the game now lmao

The killer buffs too, especially against holding W <3

Loving this update already

Comments

  • Woah... this will be interesting....

  • I'm still digesting the post, but honestly? I like...most of what was shown. Sad to see the bp gain from bbq and wglf go, but that's honestly probably my biggest knee jerk "dislike" from the update. This is...this is big. And I think it's going to make for a healthier game once the dust settles, I really do.

  • I like all of these changes, actually- some I don't think were necessarily the best they could be, but I also don't think any are actually, purely bad. The only one I'm even wary of is Off The Record since I imagine it'll mostly be used to bodyblock, but even then, it can only do that twice in a trial, so that's probably fine.

    And the basekit changes, my god, I'm speechless. It all looks incredible.

  • 718F06FA-CE7B-4311-AA10-9361F522E99A.jpeg

    I will now be having this in my loadout

  • @jesterkind said:

    I like all of these changes, actually- some I don't think were necessarily the best they could be, but I also don't think any are actually, purely bad. The only one I'm even wary of is Off The Record since I imagine it'll mostly be used to bodyblock, but even then, it can only do that twice in a trial, so that's probably fine.

    And the basekit changes, my god, I'm speechless. It all looks incredible.

    Like I thought there'd be at least one change I'd hate but I really don't. I thought a lot of changes would be kinda meh and a couple are, like coulrophobia. But only a couple. Kinda speechless as well tbh

    Edit: Actually the knockout buff I'm not too sure about

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014398#Comment_3014398

    Like I thought there'd be at least one change I'd hate but I really don't. I thought a lot of changes would be kinda meh and a couple are, like coulrophobia. But only a couple. Kinda speechless as well tbh

    Agreed. I was fully expecting at least one monster, or one perk that's just made completely useless, and I really don't think that's here- maybe Self-Care, but even then, that's one of the most run survivor perks of all time, if that gets knocked into uselessness that's still mostly healthy for the game.

    This looks so good, I cannot wait to test it all!

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014398#Comment_3014398

    Like I thought there'd be at least one change I'd hate but I really don't. I thought a lot of changes would be kinda meh and a couple are, like coulrophobia. But only a couple. Kinda speechless as well tbh

    The only one I don't like is Iron Will. You're either silent or you're not. The exhaustion change I actually really like tho.

  • Ruin is pointless now right? Apart from that I’d say good stuff mostly.

  • MS.png

    The prophecy is fulfilled (first part anyway)

  • 03DE6D68-9855-40A3-8BCE-35AD817356AC.jpeg

    Will people use it now? ehhhh it'll make 1v1 situations more bearable

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5JIUUOE20RVW/03de6d68-9855-40a3-8bce-35ad817356ac.jpeg

    Will people use it now? ehhhh it'll make 1v1 situations more bearable

    Purely for that left for dead achievement yes

  • DH, IW, Self-Care all completely gutted into the trash... NOED basically the exact same. Hooray. They didn't even update Botany to account for the additive vs. multiplicative change they made last year. sigh In the grand scheme of things, these perk changes are completely forgettable given the glaring oversights in the base kit adjustments.

    At least I now have a reason to dump points into Haddie and Zarina.

  • Crutch Hard in the mud. You love to see it.

  • Overcharge meta incoming.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    Crutch Hard in the mud. You love to see it.

    I think new version could be decent against nurse, blight, killers who only have a small window to hit you with their power etc

    and probably mostly useless against m1 killers which I'm also fine with

  • Looks like a lot of really good changes. I only have three immediate concerns:

    I hope Dead Hard shows that they used it. Like the survivor gets highlighted white or something.

    Not happy about the removal of BBQ blood points and stacks. It was a very healthy perk because it incentivized you to go after multiple different people. Removing this kind of incentivizes tunneling and/or just ignoring a survivor to try and one hook them at the end imo.

    The changes to unhooking help with tunneling but not really with camping. There's still nothing preventing just face camping someone as Bubba (or just in general) which is really boring gameplay and I was hoping they would address.

  • Wow that was a lot to digest. What a huge shake up to the meta. I like the majority of what I saw.

    Still a bit iffy on DS deactivating once the exit gates are powered. But I guess getting 5 seconds of BT and a 7% haste boost at least gives you some sort of chance. And if your rescuer is running BT that's 15 seconds total.

    Overcharge sounds insane. I agree this could be new meta. Especially if paired with Pop.

    I'm still baffled and amused and how they gutted Self Care even more than it already was. Talk about dancing on its grave.

  • 4F9180FF-18A7-44F8-B54E-644C45F67970.jpeg

    This will be nice to use now

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014441#Comment_3014441

    I think new version could be decent against nurse, blight, killers who only have a small window to hit you with their power etc

    and probably mostly useless against m1 killers which I'm also fine with

    Its perfect. It works against the killers it needs to work against.

  • It seems like survivors are being given quite a few options to acquire haste. This is going to make end game quite rough and I foresee a lot of sweating once there’s only one Gen left.

  • spinechill.jpg

    As a Mikey main I really like this one. It was one of the biggest enemies of the stealth killer, especially when doing jump scare Mikey.

    Also RIP to all you spine chill/resilience loopers. Your days are numbered *evil smile*.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Dead Hard is dead and buried. I'm happy.

    Sad to see NOED didn't get the same treatment though...

    Ditto. But being able to see the aura of the Noed totem in end game is a very nice change.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It seems like survivors are being given quite a few options to acquire haste. This is going to make end game quite rough and I foresee a lot of sweating once there’s only one Gen left.

    End game is exactly when there SHOULD be sweating, if there is any at all - not tunneling someone out or 4k slugging at 5 gens, or genrushing from the get-go to cut matches short.

  • I do like that there are quite a lot of changes and there definitely will be a small shift in the meta, but I feel like the meta is still gonna be slowdown for killers. Also some of the changes for some perks don't make sense to me.

    What's the point in BBQ and WGLF? Most people said that they used it for the BP part and they are removing it which is understandable given that there won't be a point in it anymore but I don't think a lot of people would still use for the aura reading and the increased pickup speed.

    There are more perk changes that I don't understand but that would be a really long comment so I won't talk about them.

  • I take it Jolt now activates from non m1's now?

    Guess i can replace Pain resonance and Agitation on my Artist now, for Thrilling Tremors and Overcharge XD

  • @CrowVortex said:

    I take it Jolt now activates from non m1's now?

    Guess i can replace Pain resonance and Agitation on my Artist now, for Thrilling Tremors and Overcharge XD

    No it just removed the cooldown if I remember correctly their was a bit where the m1 was removed or it might have been the one that blocked pallets after a hit and trickster made it almost God awful to play

  • @RYANGUNSLINGER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014760#Comment_3014760

    No it just removed the cooldown if I remember correctly their was a bit where the m1 was removed or it might have been the one that blocked pallets after a hit and trickster made it almost God awful to play

    Blood favour, yeah at first a single trickster knife blocked pallets, now I think you have to lose a health state

  • @LordRegal said:

    I'm still digesting the post, but honestly? I like...most of what was shown. Sad to see the bp gain from bbq and wglf go, but that's honestly probably my biggest knee jerk "dislike" from the update. This is...this is big. And I think it's going to make for a healthier game once the dust settles, I really do.

    I'm actually a bit happy... since now I dont have to use up a perk slot from those perks, for me I always felt like I could only use 3 perks. Great changes.