BHVR, I'm afraid of the new prestige mechanic... I don't want to farm again

I'm afraid of the new prestige mechanic, I've leveled several killers to level 40 or 50, at least 75% or 80% of them just missing a few killers to level up at 50 or 40, but I didn't prestige any other than the pyramid head , which is prestige 1, because it was at the beginning, when I met DBD, after a while I saw that it wasn't worth it and I only upgraded my killers to lv 40, the ones I use most at 50, and so on , I leveled several killers to lv 40, I farmed with the ones I like, my pyramid has 6 pages of perks... and I have a slight feeling that I'm going to lose everything and I'm going to have to get all the perks again with all my killers.

Please BHVR don't tell me I'm going to have to farm it all over again

Comments

  • They did say that we are able to prestige over level 3 now, but my only concern is... what will be the benefit in doing so? All of my survivors are maxed out already so what will I get in return by spending more BP on them?

    I hope they make the new prestige mechanic meaningful.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    They did say that we are able to prestige over level 3 now, but my only concern is... what will be the benefit in doing so? All of my survivors are maxed out already so what will I get in return by spending more BP on them?

    I hope they make the new prestige mechanic meaningful.

    you won't have to farm on new survivors / killers, because they will gain perks from your prestige characters, which is not bad imo. I will definetly do it on my mains and core killers for perks like Bubba etc. that will most likely change with mass reworks tho

    It's not like there will be reason not to do it, when you don't lose anything.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    They did say that we are able to prestige over level 3 now, but my only concern is... what will be the benefit in doing so? All of my survivors are maxed out already so what will I get in return by spending more BP on them?

    I hope they make the new prestige mechanic meaningful.

    To show you're dedicated to a character ig. Or just to use your bloodpoints.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011139#Comment_3011139

    To show you're dedicated to a character ig. Or just to use your bloodpoints.

    mmm I'd rather have them focus on more impactful aspects of the game if that was the case.

  • The new prestige/perk progression system is exactly to prevent the grind. Once you've prestiged someone, their perk is unlocked at that level for everyone else. P1 Claudette unlocks all of her perks at level 1 on everyone else. P3, at level 3. So once you've gotten someone to p3, their perks won't show up on anyone else's web anymore. So yes, it's grindy to get everyone to p3, but once you've done it, no more grinding for 200+ webs to max out anyone.

    Oh and prestiging with the new system will let you keep your items/offerings too.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    The new prestige/perk progression system is exactly to prevent the grind. Once you've prestiged someone, their perk is unlocked at that level for everyone else. P1 Claudette unlocks all of her perks at level 1 on everyone else. P3, at level 3. So once you've gotten someone to p3, their perks won't show up on anyone else's web anymore. So yes, it's grindy to get everyone to p3, but once you've done it, no more grinding for 200+ webs to max out anyone.

    Oh and prestiging with the new system will let you keep your items/offerings too.

    my question is if I'm going to lose the perks I already have, or if I'm going to have to get them again, it will be faster... it will be faster... but I don't know, get these perks again... a little disappointing

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011193#Comment_3011193

    my question is if I'm going to lose the perks I already have, or if I'm going to have to get them again, it will be faster... it will be faster... but I don't know, get these perks again... a little disappointing

    From what I understood, you lose your perks, except the ones from prestiged characters, at their prestiged level. I might be wrong but that's what I gathered from the very little information we got.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011388#Comment_3011388

    From what I understood, you lose your perks, except the ones from prestiged characters, at their prestiged level. I might be wrong but that's what I gathered from the very little information we got.

    I really hope not but if true that would be a huge increase to grind. Hopefully they are not planning on doing bait-and-switch with this whole progression rework.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011388#Comment_3011388

    From what I understood, you lose your perks, except the ones from prestiged characters, at their prestiged level. I might be wrong but that's what I gathered from the very little information we got.

    Do you know where that was implied? That's very different from the impression I got.

    https://deadbydaylight.com/news/prestige-progression

    It’s not entirely uncommon for a player to have withheld from engaging with the prestige system altogether. Some may have already collected every tier of every perk for every character without ever having levelled their prestige. Rest assured that this new progression system will ensure that these players are compensated for their time investments.

    “When we roll this out, we’re planning on doing a prestige catch-up mechanic that will look at the perk tier you have on your characters,” explains Matt. “If you’ve been collecting perks on your character and levelling them up, you’ll gain a number of prestige levels based on how many perks and perk tiers you've acquired.”

    It sounds like players' characters will gain prestige levels to match how many perks that character has. It doesn't sound like anyone will lose anything.

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    I'm afraid of the new prestige mechanic, I've leveled several killers to level 40 or 50, at least 75% or 80% of them just missing a few killers to level up at 50 or 40, but I didn't prestige any other than the pyramid head , which is prestige 1, because it was at the beginning, when I met DBD, after a while I saw that it wasn't worth it and I only upgraded my killers to lv 40, the ones I use most at 50, and so on , I leveled several killers to lv 40, I farmed with the ones I like, my pyramid has 6 pages of perks... and I have a slight feeling that I'm going to lose everything and I'm going to have to get all the perks again with all my killers.

    Please BHVR don't tell me I'm going to have to farm it all over again

    You aren't going to lose anything you have right now.

    Prestiging after the change won't lose anything you've unlocked, and you will still have everything after the game auto-prestiges based on how much you've unlocked for a given character.

    If you've only levelled each character to 50 and stopped, the grind essentially won't change for you, it will keep going as it did pre-patch, however for each character you do prestige the grind is lowered by never having to unlock their perks again.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    They did say that we are able to prestige over level 3 now, but my only concern is... what will be the benefit in doing so? All of my survivors are maxed out already so what will I get in return by spending more BP on them?

    I hope they make the new prestige mechanic meaningful.

    With the new system you won't lose your items & offerings & perks when prestiging, prestiging past lvl 3 basically means you're spending BPs on them for items or whatever. It just shows how much you play them, you don't get anything from it but it's free. You're not expected to grind prestige past level 3, it's supposed to happen naturally depending on how much you play the characters (or you can go crazy and decide everyone to prestige 100 if you want lol but yea there's no point in doing so)

  • @darksouls3600 said:

    I'm afraid of the new prestige mechanic, I've leveled several killers to level 40 or 50, at least 75% or 80% of them just missing a few killers to level up at 50 or 40, but I didn't prestige any other than the pyramid head , which is prestige 1, because it was at the beginning, when I met DBD, after a while I saw that it wasn't worth it and I only upgraded my killers to lv 40, the ones I use most at 50, and so on , I leveled several killers to lv 40, I farmed with the ones I like, my pyramid has 6 pages of perks... and I have a slight feeling that I'm going to lose everything and I'm going to have to get all the perks again with all my killers.

    Please BHVR don't tell me I'm going to have to farm it all over again

    I'm the opposite, im psyched to be able to keep progressing

    Hopefully they provide a reasonable reward for doing so tho

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011416#Comment_3011416

    Do you know where that was implied? That's very different from the impression I got.

    https://deadbydaylight.com/news/prestige-progression

    It’s not entirely uncommon for a player to have withheld from engaging with the prestige system altogether. Some may have already collected every tier of every perk for every character without ever having levelled their prestige. Rest assured that this new progression system will ensure that these players are compensated for their time investments.

    “When we roll this out, we’re planning on doing a prestige catch-up mechanic that will look at the perk tier you have on your characters,” explains Matt. “If you’ve been collecting perks on your character and levelling them up, you’ll gain a number of prestige levels based on how many perks and perk tiers you've acquired.”

    It sounds like players' characters will gain prestige levels to match how many perks that character has. It doesn't sound like anyone will lose anything.

    The perk progression and prestige are two different things that are linked, you can see the details in the pinned anniversary thread

  • @Omputin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011416#Comment_3011416

    I really hope not but if true that would be a huge increase to grind. Hopefully they are not planning on doing bait-and-switch with this whole progression rework.

    How is not having to grind through 200 webs to max out a single survivor an increase to the grind? As someone who's been getting every killer at p3 with every perk, and working on survivor, I can tell you that I won't need to put any more points into anyone anymore to unlock new perks once I get the new characters to p3, and then those characters will have everything unlocked within another 40 webs. That's way less grinding.

  • Damn, I love me some Ace, but I only spend enough money to get every perk on him and that's it.

    I'm not an Item-Every-Match gamer. I want to level killers too because I play both sides

    Now I'm gonna have to always have that monkey on my back of how low my Ace prestige is or how low my Prestige is on a certain killer I enjoy when I'm just trying to spread the bloodpoints around.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    Damn, I love me some Ace, but I only spend enough money to get every perk on him and that's it.

    I'm not an Item-Every-Match gamer. I want to level killers too because I play both sides

    Now I'm gonna have to always have that monkey on my back of how low my Ace prestige is or how low my Prestige is on a certain killer I enjoy when I'm just trying to spread the bloodpoints around.

    Prestige doesn't matter though, all it gives you is a bloody cosmetic and a reset to your stuff (though that'll change)

    After the changes, prestiging will definitely be worth it, both because you'll keep your stuff (except for the perks, but you'll unlock the teachables permanently on everyone else, so it's a good trade-off)

  • You also won't be losing any perks in addition to hte catch up mechanic.

    The devs have stated that once you have the 1st level of a given perk unlocked, it will still appear in the bloodwebs to max that perk out, it just wont be givent o everyone for free at max until the source character is p3d

  • @Mazoobi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011152#Comment_3011152

    mmm I'd rather have them focus on more impactful aspects of the game if that was the case.

    The new prestige system isn't optional I think. You are automatically prestiged when you hit level 50, but you don't lose anything anymore. All it does is show your dedication to a character.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/329401/bhvr-im-afraid-of-the-new-prestige-mechanic-i-dont-want-to-farm-again

    You aren't going to lose anything you have right now.

    Prestiging after the change won't lose anything you've unlocked, and you will still have everything after the game auto-prestiges based on how much you've unlocked for a given character.

    If you've only levelled each character to 50 and stopped, the grind essentially won't change for you, it will keep going as it did pre-patch, however for each character you do prestige the grind is lowered by never having to unlock their perks again.

    I see, so maybe I ok, but I still a little afraid