I'd rather character icons than showing prestige levels... anyone else?
Title.
I prefer seeing the survivors and honestly I miss this feature from years ago, it also helped you link who was who.
I feel prestige is pointless being shown, doesnt do anything but say "I play this character" which we see as you're playing that character...
If it was total prestige across all characters then I'd be more interested but id still rather character icons
Comments
As someone pointed out in another thread, my biggest concern is that people will confuse prestiging for ranks, and complain about how they've been paired with a player whose prestige is much higher than theirs. I'd honestly much rather players not see each others' prestige, as there's no point to it.
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me either tbh 😂 tbf the MMR isnt really based of skill so not like itd matter lol.
But yeah I'd rather character icons, I'm curious why youd prestige people beyond 3 other than a silly number to be shown.
I'm kinda hoping we get item colours at X prestige levels or colour killer powers at X prestige. Devs have spoke about it before and its give players something to aim towards (for example I'd love a green medkit skin or a different coloured chainsaw for my hillbilly)
As much as I would love unique cosmetics for every tier after 3, I get the feeling that won't be the case, but I don't want to set up expectations until we get news on what will be happening.
Well it wouldn't need to be every level, could be every 5 for example. I know its asking alot but I dont see the point in going up in prestige if it doesnt do anything.
Currently I dont prestige because I dont wanna lose all my perks and items for a bloody cosmetic. After the update I'll p3 everyone but I dont see the point in going back to a lvl 1 Bloodweb where I have less choice of items.
Just feel we need something for it
People already confuse ranks with grades so... We will see more complains about how someone was against a high prestige Survivor/Killer. Like it means skills...
Yup completely agree, they should just leave the spots of icons of the characters they played against, which I also suggested in my thread about this.
I think you are very much right about this, I believe its best we do not goat our fellow players on the end game screen.
Or suggest them an assumption of bad matchmaking based on indication of time investment.
+1000000
+1
I agree bHVR should compensate us for all these systems they make up go up in, however dont let the obvious deserved of a reward obscure you from suggesting ways making this game better. I dont think the game is made better with an Icon you level up and show off to your friends.
doesnt do anything but say "I play this character"
It doesn't actually say that, either. It says someone dumped Bloodpoints into that character. I've dumped BP into a lot of killers I don't play. I don't want their prestige levels shown, because a lot of people will think that translates into play time when it really, really doesn't. You don't have to ever play a character to prestige them.
I'm curious why youd prestige people beyond 3 other than a silly number to be shown.
It doesn't sound like prestiging is going to be a choice:
It’s not entirely uncommon for a player to have withheld from engaging with the prestige system altogether. Some may have already collected every tier of every perk for every character without ever having levelled their prestige. Rest assured that this new progression system will ensure that these players are compensated for their time investments.
“When we roll this out, we’re planning on doing a prestige catch-up mechanic that will look at the perk tier you have on your characters,” explains Matt. “If you’ve been collecting perks on your character and levelling them up, you’ll gain a number of prestige levels based on how many perks and perk tiers you've acquired.”
from https://deadbydaylight.com/news/prestige-progression
The automatic catch-up mechanic makes it sound forced. I'm under the impression that once we hit level 50 on the Bloodweb, we have to prestige to continue putting BP into that character. Like player levels and Devotion. I could be wrong, but that's how it comes across with that screen shot from Twitter and the news article.