Can we talk about how over powered the clown is?
I would just like to know why it is that a killer is made with a massive easy to aim large radius gas that greatly slows and disorients players while giving him the fastest killer speed in the game? It makes it crazy easy to catch survivors in chase and gives him such massive control over the match that it's literally not even remotely fair to play against him.
I'm a rank 1 killer and I use a level 1 clown and still get at least 3 every match. That's ridiculous.
What are you guy's thoughts?
Comments
The clown is not op. It is so easy to dodge his bottles. He can still get looped.
With that being said, I love playing the clown and consider myself quite good by now. And I do face a few clowns that is shutting loops down like a boss. But I would not say he is op in any way. He is like the rest, if you master him, he can really do good, but like most, it takes skill when you face the really seasoned survivors.
I'm on PC, but from what I've gathered from PS4 friends, Clown is nearly as rare as Nurse (and comes with nearly as much graphic lag with fumes). Besides that, Clown is mid-tier to lower mid-tier, at best, and quite a few of his bottles are bugged to where they disappear into nowhere right now, wasted and lost in the ether somewhere.
Clown is OP?
Said no one ever.
Clown is an anti-looping machine.
I can't tell if this is a joke thread or not. Well played OP.
If you played more as a killer you would know that the clown is not as bad as you think.
I just stated and made it clear isn't even slightly op, he's mid tier in my tier list but nothing special
Your mind reads are pretty weak, try again
Wait what??
Please tell me what you smoke, it must be really good. I have no idea what are you talking about
The clown is mid tier due to your skills.
I'm not saying i'm good with the clown, but i've seen clowns keeping the map pressure as good as a billy.
@Blueberry has over 2K hours and despite the fact that we usually disagree he will tell you that the clown is a good killer as well.
The clown isn't really overpowered. If you know what you're doing against him, he's not that great. I usually see people try to play no differently against him than they would another killer, and then they end up dropping like flies.
While hindered, you move at 85% speed. He basically closes the gap twice as fast. The effect lasts two seconds, but for the sake of math, let's just assume you're intoxicated for three seconds because it takes a second to leave the gas. He basically gains 3.6m on you, compared to the 1.8m a 115% killer would normally gain.
This does not take into consideration the distance that the clown loses while throwing a bottle.
The flipside of this is the distance you gain while he reloads. I don't have the exact number on me, but it's real slow. Let's just say it's 1.5m/s for argument's sake. A reload normally takes ~5 seconds. 5 x 1.5 = 7.5m. While you move at 4m/s, you cover 5 x 4 = 20m. You gain a whole 12.5m whenever they have to reload. They'd basically have to nail you with four bottles to get the same distance.
Now obviously they aren't necessarily going to reload in the middle of a chase if they can help it, but if they don't, they're just an average 115% killer. Compare that to a hillbilly that can move around 9.2m/s after a very short wind up, or the spirit who can move at 7.04m/s while phase walking. He's not gaining nearly as much distance compared to some killers.
The thing that really makes him powerful is: Not many people play him.
May sound strange, so hear me out. People not many people play the clown, most people don't know how to play against the clown. We can all learn how to dodge a chainsaw or how to trick a nurse when they pop up every other game, but clowns are like an endangered species. It's hard to git gud against something that rarely pops up.
As long as you're not greedy about it, he's pretty weak. Most of his hits come from a survivor misjudging how much distance they have, thinking they can get one more loop. He's deceptively fast if you're intoxicated, it's like he's closing in on you twice as fast. If you gotta' throw a pallet down early, do it. It'll burn through pallets a little faster, but that's about it.
Dude now I seriously doubt your sanity. Mid tier is the new trash tier? And now what's this Clown as equal as billy, are you okay?
That statement alone is so dumb, okay whatever dude. I really don't know what to tell you if you think one char that have a power nurse like with instadown that can make pressure over the entire map in seconds at the same level as a M1 killer with bottles to slow survivors I don't know what to tell you
I actually won't even talk to you honestly after seeing dozen of posts from you with this kind of flawed logic. You might be rank 20 or just played for less than 2weeks, that might be it, still we cannot agree in anything. When you start thinking then maybe we can have a discussion
Keep it that way mate, i like it when someone is that hostile. Makes me be right.
Edit: yeah, rank 20 mate, whatever makes you feel better
The clown is anything but OP, like others have mentioned he has no map control and even in a chase he's not that much better because his bottles are easily avoidable. I have the clown and he is easily one of my least favorite killers to play because of how often survivors outplay me.
@Vietfox :
Dude, I feel so bad that I gave you that +1 view for no reason. Its a bad montage where you (obviously) play survivors only. What should it prove? That you played against a Clown? so what?
You stated that the Clown have the same map pressure of Billy which is insanely dumb. Now I state it more clear, don't tag me again, your opinion doesn't meet the requirements to get my interest since ain't intelligent or smart but bias and dumb in my humble opinion.
Clown is good? I put it on mid tier, nothing special but can do his job but you are too stubborn to accept that and think he's op in a way or another which is a lie. Especially when you play almost survivor only so your opinion can't be taken that seriously either by me.
Still, if you are gonna try to get some views spamming these empty videos trying to proving a point by.. not proving a point with it, at least try to choose wisely and make people see more things about the topic. Good Luck with your nonsense and have fun with those videos
Are you kidding? @Vietfox can show you how he has the same map pressure as billy as he stated. Right?
PS: I'm still waiting for that but I just received a bad montage of him playing survivor so, idk
I've seen really good players running the clown, not my fault u don't know how to use him. Maybe not as good as billy but certainly better at loops.
Have a nice day.
Okay its "mostly". Still proves nothing if your thoughts speak louder and took just one sentence out of that post. Seriously now, I won't bother you again. You cannot say anything useful and your points has been proven wrong even by a mod saying the same thing I said. Clown is nothing special and isn't even near as Billy as you say so hf
U said i only play survivor and i proved i don't.
Please stop embarrassing yourself.
Clown is a really good killer, not as good as billy but certainly better than a mid tier killer. Again, not my fault u don't know how to use him.
whatever dude I don't care what you say so you do you
you embarassed yourself way too many times just to get some views on your vid. Seriously, stop tagging me, would be great, you disproved yourself many times, you already convinced yourself and its fine just don't bother me and I won't bother you ok? good
PS: if you check my YT channel you'll see i created it 1 week ago because i didnt want people to know which one is my main account, but nice try anyway, i'll give you a B.
Good to know I'm "endangered species"
I havn't really read most these arguments people are having here but I would indeed say the clown is quite strong and highly underestimated by most people. However, no where near "OP" as the OP of the thread seems to think. He has some glaring weaknesses.
LOL
He's so OP that freddy is more commonly played than him
Since its release I met one single clown
ONE
he can be juked just down let him herd you to a corner
that is true for ps4 it is quite laggy but its not unplayyable
He's really not OP.
I think truetalent describes it well. Clown is the best 1 vs 1 in the game. However he isn't 1 vs X like say the Nurse.
Clown is really good in chases. People don't loop him much at all, he forces early pallet drops and with the right add-ons can slow survivors down and make it hard for them to escape.
However he has zero map pressure.
When the Clown starts chasing you you're going down, it's only a matter of time. (As long as it's a good clown, most people don't play him well so they camp) however while this does nothing for the survivor in question, the team as a whole needs to take advantage of this chase time offered to get the gens done.
Solo against the clown you're very weak but as a team you're strong if you understand what I mean. Even Clown mains will tell you he's weak to gen rush.
on ps4 clown is completely broken and by that i mean he sucks in every situation because the bottles are bugged to hell
ok bro, fastest killer of the game
obviously the legion.....right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvP0gluTew
checks patch notes
sees 110% movement speed
Console yikes
A part from fps and stuff*
yeah what is wrong with console?
Except these things not much, but just these things makes the nurse, a God tier killer, almost unplayable as well as my adorable hag with her solid 15 to 5 fps when lounging or in corn maps and some other ones
oh yeah ive learned a while ago when you play ps4 make sure you have the jig saw offering for every game you play the game is the best killer map and the highest fps one as well
I'd say a killer being mid-tier is pretty bad. To me, mid-tier means you can perform well but you require the survivors to make a lot of mistakes and I don't think that's a very strong place to be in where your success is dependent on survivors rather than your own skill.