Dear Survivors that switch to a Flashlight im the last second

Why u are doing it ? Are u so scared of Lightborn a Meme Perk? Or do u want to be toxic because alot Players who Pick flashlights want to Troll the Killer?


Everytime i See a Survivor Switching to a flashlight in the final Second i dc before the Match Start because im pretty Sure the Survivor want to be toxic and do clicky clicky .... i mean if u dont want to be toxic or ur are Scared of Lightborn Why do u Switch in the final Second?

Comments

  • @Chadku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010212#Comment_3010212

    I got such a preset loadout, too.

    Mine includes Agitation, Starstruck, MadGrit and Lightborn.

    I call it the Clicker Whipper

    Lolol I totally love that you have a name for it. I have one with the boon that caused exposed and stuff like that, I call it the "######### around and find out" set.

  • @xEmoGirlxAlexisx said:

    Why u are doing it ? Are u so scared of Lightborn a Meme Perk? Or do u want to be toxic because alot Players who Pick flashlights want to Troll the Killer?

    Everytime i See a Survivor Switching to a flashlight in the final Second i dc before the Match Start because im pretty Sure the Survivor want to be toxic and do clicky clicky .... i mean if u dont want to be toxic or ur are Scared of Lightborn Why do u Switch in the final Second?

    Jokes on those people that do it, I never take lightborn off, lol

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Don’t let it bother you. If you choose to play through the match, ignore the flashlight user and tunnel out the weakest link. Just make sure to pay attention to your surroundings before you pick up, use knock out so you can bleed them out or play Pyramid Head and use cages.

    I mean, the flashlighters are sometimes the weakest link, cause they want nothing more than to get a blind on you, and if you have lightborn, it's hilarious being followed around all match, lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Here's one reason why some do it. Now I'll be honest and say I do it from time to time (not much recently though because I prefer to run flashbangs). It basically is Lightborn.

    I'll use myself for the example.

    If I see more than 2 flashlights in the lobby I'm worried about the killer bringing Lightborn so I might swap last minute instead. It's not because I don't want to click the killer and be toxic, it's just that I want to go for flashlight saves. If I wanted to win I would've brought a med-kit.

    Bringing Lightborn overall is a bad choice for killer. I know that if I see Lightborn I just go "right time to sit on gens" since the thing keeping me off them is gone. I probably would've killed myself staying near the killer going for silly saves but now I can't.

    The TL;DR is people don't want to sit on gens the whole game. Lightborn sort of forces them to do it since they have no reason to follow people being chased.

    You'd be actually surprised by how many times I stare at the flashlight while walking towards the survivor, and how many hints the survivor doesn't get that I have lightborn, it's like they are waiting for the blind confirmation and nothing else, lol

  • @versacefeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009194#Comment_3009194

    Your power isn’t robbed. You don’t risk the chance of losing it after a match ends. And if anything, survivors are the ones being robbed whenever you bring in lightborn or franklins but you can’t see through your entitlement so. 🤷

    Your whole post is entitlement lmao Iron Will completely negated Stridor since last summer, but survivors celebrated and said that's how it should be, despite the fact that IW wasn't supposed to silence regular breathing as well and Stridor enhances regular breathing. Then they changed Stridor's effect instead of just fixing the breathing on IW. But I'm sure you'll see no correlation there.

    You think that in a 4v1, the team is entitled to tools that have no counter. That's laughable. Not every place where someone gets downed has a wall to stare at, just like not every part of the map has jungle gyms, pallets, and t walls. But survivors have perks that can help them get out of those dead zones, right? But sure, let's take away perks that help the killer out and counter to the equivalent of dead zones. Poor guy, can't get his chain blinds off and may even have to lose his pwecious fwashwight even though he brought in a white ward. You poor thing.

  • I mean they are literally outplaying themselves. If they all swap together they are advertising they are coordinated and you can usually get free hits whenever you get a down by just taking a second to look behind the nearest object for a rat.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3009183#Comment_3009183

    You'd be actually surprised by how many times I stare at the flashlight while walking towards the survivor, and how many hints the survivor doesn't get that I have lightborn, it's like they are waiting for the blind confirmation and nothing else, lol

    I don't know what to say lol it all depends on the survivors you face.

    I know that I can tell when someone is using Lightborn and pretty much all my mates on dbd. At the very least I am able to say "guys don't risk anything because I think they have Lightborn".

    The only time Lightborn actually gets value vs me is when I go for Flashbang saves. After they removed the Lightborn notification in the bottom right, I find it hard to tell if I was a millisecond too late or not.

  • you gotta ignore these things. They really don't matter. Its only a flashlight. and If you see lobbies with flashlight, do you use lightborn? Is that what makes you angry? you didn't get a chance to equip it? Just ignore these things and enjoy the game, instead of taking the time to post a thread about it, that the "last minute clicky flashlight switcher" that broke the camel's back and caused you to post this, won't even see. But when people straight up admit to DC'ing over petty garbage, I know they're the type that will always be frustrated over something in DBD.

  • 1 I do it to be funny

    2 I do it when I have to do flashlight challenges because I go against lightborn and it makes the challenge impossible to do

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I personally love when a survivor last second switches to a Flashlight. You can guarantee they will follow you around like a lost puppy when in chases and practically throw themselves onto the hook for you.

    This is true. I had this happen just last week. First SWF advertised their flashlights in the lobby, so I countered with Lightborne and pretended I didn't have it. Hilariousness ensues. The first person hooked just ended themselves immediately and the followups DC when they realize they aren't accomplishing anything. The second group swapped to flashlights in the last possible second, but the best part about SWF flashlight squads......they are incredibly predictable.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRbeYvTYK3w


  • @Chadku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3010212#Comment_3010212

    I got such a preset loadout, too.

    Mine includes Agitation, Starstruck, MadGrit and Lightborn.

    I call it the Clicker Whipper

    That seems like a good way to plan out load-outs based on the lobby or map you are about to play.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Lightborn is not a “meme perk”. It completely negates an entire item from having any use at all (outside of a few killer powers). The most expensive flashlight possible costs a survivor 19,000 BP to put together. A meme perk is something like Diversion and Deception.

    Also, players like you are the reason BHVR needs to extend DC penalties to anytime a player DCs past the lobby, and should switch lobbies to work like they do in DbD Mobile. Survivors are allowed to want to bring an item without a killer being able to fully deny it by simply equipping a perk. Let killers equip Lightborn before they see a lobby if they want to shutdown flashlights so badly.

    I say we make Franklin's demise a bannable offense,, 2 days ban for Franklin's, perma ban if you run both 🤡🤡🤡

  • Stop being sensitive about it,, people with beamer don't sit on gens,, I'll take 4 purple beamer guys over medkits or toolboxes,, also there's no greater joy than 4 man bleed outing a bully squad 😂😂

  • I make sure to have Lightborn. And I smack the smugness off their face once they realize I can still see them.

  • I almost never run Lightborne as flashlights are most often very easily counterable. But there are rare matches I wish I would have.

    The other night I went against a last second flashlight switching swf with some kind of nuclear odd bulb loadout and I was getting blinded from impossible angles. Like they were totally outside my FOV and I had my face buried in a wall and I'm still instantly blinded. It was incredible.

    I got 7 or 8 hooks, but they were barely trying to do gens, tried to always go down in open areas, and it was an insufferable slog.

    Pretty rare to run into that, though.

    Now as to the issue, since the game allows you to see the surv's items in the lobby, I assume that it is so the killer can arrange counterplay of some sort, so I think they should give the killer an additional 10 seconds beyond what the survs get to edit their loadout, or you may as well just not allow the killer to see their items at all.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014466#Comment_3014466

    Why are last second switches not acceptable? Survivors shouldn't be able to have an actual chance to use items they paid for, and want to utilize? It's real scummy that four other people have had their time wasted queuing for a match, to now have to wait back in queue for X number of minutes. BHVR should really take notice and be consistent with the DC penalty in these situations, if they're going to have a DC penalty at all.

    Or maybe just play the game that you were dealt? Killers have to do it all the time. The game is already stacked heavily against the killer, and thats without god loopers, pallet oversaturation and hindering the killer getting hooks. A single flashlight save or full team bodyblocking can utterly destroy a killers run. Unless the survivors totally mess up and suddenly two land on a hook there is no catching up that missed time.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014499#Comment_3014499

    Or maybe just play the game that you were dealt? Killers have to do it all the time. The game is already stacked heavily against the killer, and thats without god loopers, pallet oversaturation and hindering the killer getting hooks. A single flashlight save or full team bodyblocking can utterly destroy a killers run. Unless the survivors totally mess up and suddenly two land on a hook there is no catching up that missed time.

    Huh? This is a case of killers not playing the game they were dealt; not the other way around.

1 2 ›