Killers don't get enough compensation for what they have to endure.

I consistely score less than survivors do in my games, this is simply messed up. Whenever I try to bring an anniversary offering I immediately get sweat squads who will loop me throughout the entire game while the rest of the team keeps splitting gens to finish them as quickly as possible. The result might be a meager bp reward for everyone but I'm the one who especially suffers from this since survivors still get 5000 bloodpoints for free after escaping.

Even if we disregard events and their nature as a whole we still have to consider the hardships casual style killerplayers like me have to endure. I don't bring meta perks into my games nor do I play the best possible killers, I am simply playing the killers I genuinely like and choose perks which highlight their playstyle. Sadly survivors don't do anything like this at all, they rather bring the same 3-4 perks into every single match and deny me the ability to enjoy the game at all by playing as dirty as possible. There's literally no room for players like me.

There should be a serious discussion about compensation here. Right now playing as a m1 killer feels like an extremely ungrateful job with meager income and no paid vacation days. There should be an union to combat this type of exploitation.

Comments

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005288#Comment_3005288

    Whats the alternative? I mean...at the rate survivors whine you could just not play against a human opponent and just play a gen repair sim with no opponent. Cause I mean...it seems like that from all these forum posts a lot of survivors have this weird greed complex where if it isn't a complete stomp by them then its not fun playing. And before you say "well killer players" You outnumber us 1000 to 1....and the ratio of us online to survivors online short of a new chapter release is abysmal. You're complaining about the equivalent of 1 guy while the rest of us "Fair" players have largely packed up and left.

    The alternative is to not bring an ebony mori and to bring a flan to participate. Didn't think that was too hard to grasp.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328717/killers-dont-get-enough-compensation-for-what-they-have-to-endure

    One thing that I learned pretty quickly: many teams have something that I call the "designated harasser", ie a survivor always with a flashlight, 90% with a flashy outfit and 100% with DH and possible Window of Opportunity and Self Heal. This survivor ain't afraid of you and perfected their loop game a long time ago. While all other survivors quickly jump on a gen, the designated harasser will bumble around and in their perfect game plan you will see them from accross the map, try to catch and waste an extraordinary amount of time to down them, if at all.

    The best way to deal with them? Ignore them, patrol gens and just harass some other survivors. Bonus points if they try to get your attention by running in front of you, fast vaulting random windows and clickety clicking their flashlight as fast as their macro allows. They will often hover you in order to swoop in for a flashlight save on another survivor, and all this is actually to your advantage, as it means one less survivor on gens, and sometimes you can sneak in a free hit here and there.

    Not every team has such a bravado, but its highly advisable to identify this looping gods and NOT waste time with them until they are the last one standing. They usually greed pallets like mad and get away with it, due to hundreds hours of looping under their belt, but if you played your cards correctly, some less apt survivor will happiliy predrop all god pallets in panic and allows you to get rid of them.

    Good harasser will just join the gen squad once they notice that you ain`t interested in them, but the closer they are to the age of 12, the more easy they are tilted by this and try to get your attention badly.

    Of course don't take everything in this tract at face value, but I have met a lot of harassers in my time and foiled their dirty little game.

    lmao this is too real

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3005247#Comment_3005247

    You don't understand that this game's matchmaking is strictly built upon that concept. If I don't play the game, the MMR cannot adapt. Naturally it'll take MANY games to give it enough input about the performance of each respective killer. However this process is apparently taking too long and it's especially frustrating during an event where survivors seem to sweat like there's no tomorrow. You're simply devoid of empathy.

    No no, I have plenty of empathy. What I find myself sorely lacking for you in this scenario is patience.

    You don't endure anything. This game isn't inflicted on you, you choose to play it. And unlike any other scenario, I'd hope, you refuse to stop doing something you don't seem to enjoy that you're under no obligation to do, and demand that things be changed because that's what you deserve. For wrongs inflicted.

    You don't deserve anything from this game. I don't. None of us do. If I don't like it, I'll drop it, and move on, as I do with any other entertainment. As you should if you don't. That is honest advice, before you ask how I dare say such a thing to you.

    Whether it's a bed of nails or feathers, you still made the bed. Choose what you want to lie in.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    If you're scoring less as the killer it's means you're a pretty bad killer. You'll have the odd match where it happens, but it should never be consistent.

    @Canas said:

    I consistely score less than survivors do in my games, this is simply messed up. Whenever I try to bring an anniversary offering I immediately get sweat squads who will loop me throughout the entire game while the rest of the team keeps splitting gens to finish them as quickly as possible. The result might be a meager bp reward for everyone but I'm the one who especially suffers from this since survivors still get 5000 bloodpoints for free after escaping.

    Even if we disregard events and their nature as a whole we still have to consider the hardships casual style killerplayers like me have to endure. I don't bring meta perks into my games nor do I play the best possible killers, I am simply playing the killers I genuinely like and choose perks which highlight their playstyle. Sadly survivors don't do anything like this at all, they rather bring the same 3-4 perks into every single match and deny me the ability to enjoy the game at all by playing as dirty as possible. There's literally no room for players like me.

    There should be a serious discussion about compensation here. Right now playing as a m1 killer feels like an extremely ungrateful job with meager income and no paid vacation days. There should be an union to combat this type of exploitation.

    yeah, typically killers score more than survivors, wayy easier. The killer can end the game in 2 minutes with survivors attempting on hook and purposefully dying on hook, and the killer just downed everybody once because the survivors threw themselves at the killer and the killer still will get 26k for basically doing nothing. It’s one of the things I complain about once in a while. “How did that killer get so much bloodpoints?! What did he even do?? He was so bad he couldn’t even down us in a chase, my teammates just threw themselves at him and he gets double our bloodpoints but if we were to do gens quickly in leave within 2 minutes we wouldn’t even get 18k!”

  • Have you considered camping, and tunneling? As bad as survivors complain knowing when to get someone out of the match is essential to winning. Ultimately more BP. You’re already playing in a non-meta way. So I assume when you hook someone you leave that person alone to chase someone else. Allowing the hooked to be rescued. Healed. Etc. With that method you probably hooked everyone once. They all tbag at the exit.

    Nope. Nope. Nope. Say you hook someone a minute before Corrupt Intervention ends in between the 3 gens blocked by The Entity… You can plant your big butt in the middle until second phase, and patrol to down the one going for the save. That’s 1 injured person on phase 2, 1 person on a hook, and 3 gens in very close proximity. Capitalize on the players blunders the same way a survivor will do to you. If you’re playing for BP you have to be even cheaper/toxic. Even WGLF encourages flashlight saves, pallet stuns, etc.

  • Playing killer without BBQ is actually not worth it. I am not sure why you are not running it but that should be a priority.

  • Since the event started ive had the best of the best survivors lately. Gens go so fast and everyone knows the best loops. Doesnt matter what killer i play i get the same damn survivors.

    I played my first game as dredge and got the 4 DH DS wombo combo and again super good loopers and gens were flying.

    I'm not a killer who chases too long after a good survivor since i know that will cost me the game but when 2-3 people from the group are good runners i know im in trouble.

    I'm guessing the event got all the quitters coming back. I'm not really enjoying playing killer right now when i get 1-3 hooks per game no matter how hard i try.

  • What. I score more than the survivors do 90% of my games. Killer tend to earn much more than survivors do. And survivors also have to endure camping and tunneling which is the most unfun playstyle in a game. There are unfun things on both sides

  • sounds like you just might be bad at killer lol

  • Yeah I reckon we could all use more BP’s and game state is sometimes a crap shoot and the player base can be a steaming pile of manure but seriously.

    This is in jest right you’re really comparing playing killer in dbd to exploitative employment tactics?

    Won’t somebody please think of the poor killers! Top marks for melodrama.

    Seriously though take a step back it’s only a game and it doesn’t matter.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    No. Killers "always" gets much more than survivors and can prevent others from getting points.

    Inked20220617203013_1.jpg

    @Seraphor yep, definetly always.

1 2 ›