Is it really the appropriate time to nerf Freddy?
Freddy has precisely one strength: He can read the aura of survivors after he inevitably loses them in a chase, because he is a M1 killer with no power to help him in a chase and no way to speed up the pallet looping process.
Instead of completely abandoning Freddy and allowing him to fall even further into a state of garbage while we wait for the rework, maybe, just MAYBE, they could hold off on the "lockers hide aura" change until said rework? We did pay money for this "killer" after all.
Comments
it is a travesty isnt it the lockers hide auras is one of the worst changes ive ever seen couple that with return of slow pick up super buffed borrow time new meta breakdown and as if sfw qasnt overpowered already aftercare and top it off with a broken stealth perk able to give you a free escape and a new killer not worth the dirt on the ground truly the devs no longer give a ######### about kilers
and now freddy cant find anyone in his dream world because they can duck in a locker then use distortion to cover themselves up until they wake up bcause distortion hads no time limit per token which is bull #########
oh my god I actually forgot about that, Welcome to rainbow six siege freddy you want to be blackbeard I see
i think thats precisely the problem the devs keep forgetting small details like i dont know the fact freddys only advantage is aura reading but nope thats out the window have disortion? then good for you you can be put in the dream world 3 times before he will finally see you
see the problem their devs
Will be a real laugh seeing an aura dissapear and i can just walk over there and jank them out of a locker
Also Iron maiden
welcome to overwatch freddy you want to be a mercy i see
I'm amazed they didn't buff Freddy with this patch, I genuinely thought they would. He's one of my favorite killers and he deserves better.
If you're worried about lockers use Iron Maiden.
i think its more but you also cant forget the fact that waking up already is too easy if you have a 10 second blindspot your good as awake
We know that they are working on a revamp for Nightmare, and I believe that it's fair to assume that this locker change is likely taking whatever those changes are into account. Nerfing Freddy in his current state feels incredibly bad and unnecessary, though, for sure. Personally, my biggest issue with this locker change is that it just doesn't feel very intuitive from a design standpoint. There is really no reason for a player to naturally think that a locker would hide your aura, so it's something you would only known if you read it in a loading screen tooltip or had someone tell you, which I think is not ideal from a game design standpoint.
He got nerfed twice.
First of all, the aura thign you mentioned.
Second, the new graphic style makes it even harder to see in dreamworld.
I guess I will play him exclusively to derank now
I don't think Distortion or Lockers will hide Freddys aura reading if they do I will actually have to hang myself because my Freddocini shouldn't suffer like that. We are in a pretty rough spot with this patch tho and I will have a feeling that highranks become even more painful which means for me to play my way back up from 9-1 and then quit for the rest of the month
Use Iron Maiden perk. Boom! Problem solved. You're welcome!
Perks aren't the answer for huge design flaws for a basic killer mechanic. Especially if it's perk which requires you to own and level the newest killer to even unlock it for Freddy...
Also, noticed the new pic! You a freddy main now? Just ooc, no sarcasm lol.
Lol, i already dislike waiting 7 seconds to then start doing #########, i didn't need this for him.
Has anyone actually tested this yet?
DS too!
DON'T WORRY I'M SURE IT WILL COME SOON HAHA