Killers go for hooks instead of kills

With this event if you play killer and grab the invitation all you have to do is finish the match to get your reward. Survivors have to get the exit gates opened to get their reward. So if you tunnel them out of the match = zero reward

Have fun and use flans. Don't try to be a sweatlord during this event please.

Comments

  • If I'm playing killer during the event, I'm still playing the game to win.

    It's literally day 1 of the event. It's not a big deal if you can't get all the cosmetics today.

  • I I go for fun and cool hatchet shots

  • Unless a survivor is a jerkface to me (and at least one of them gives me a tasty treat), I try to just 8 hook the team and let them go.

    Although I don't always remember who I hooked so I apologize in advance if I oopsy and death hook someone ๐Ÿ˜…

  • I'm down, it's my general playstyle anyway.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Unless a survivor is a jerkface to me (and at least one of them gives me a tasty treat), I try to just 8 hook the team and let them go.

    Although I don't always remember who I hooked so I apologize in advance if I oopsy and death hook someone ๐Ÿ˜…

    Literally, I'll sit there for a solid 30 seconds asking myself "is this their death hook? I don't wanna be a jerk" lol

  • Im a 8 hook legion gamer anyway. Fun for all!

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002030#Comment_3002030

    Literally, I'll sit there for a solid 30 seconds asking myself "is this their death hook? I don't wanna be a jerk" lol

    I've let teams go when I've had six hooks before because my goldfish memory has already forgotten who is on a death hook and who is fine to hook and I'm so worried I'll death hook someone that I just let my own points burn to make sure I don't accidentally kill someone ๐Ÿ˜…

    It's kind of stupid but I feel awful when I accidentally kill someone when there are 5 BPS Type offerings in play

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002039#Comment_3002039

    I've let teams go when I've had six hooks before because my goldfish memory has already forgotten who is on a death hook and who is fine to hook and I'm so worried I'll death hook someone that I just let my own points burn to make sure I don't accidentally kill someone ๐Ÿ˜…

    Trueeee, life of a 2 hook only killer, lol

  • The only way to ensure that the survivors truly cherish their cosmetics for years to come is to make 'em work for it. ๐Ÿ˜„

  • Survivors suicided on hook in past events like these that didn't require them to escape

  • Well some people don't care about the event and want to win. Cant change that about people.

  • @graveyard_7777 said:

    With this event if you play killer and grab the invitation all you have to do is finish the match to get your reward. Survivors have to get the exit gates opened to get their reward. So if you tunnel them out of the match = zero reward

    Have fun and use flans. Don't try to be a sweatlord during this event please.

    I'm getting sufficient kills to pip and calling it there, rest of you can get away.

    But be aware - any teabagging or tomfoolery, and this privilege will be suspended XD

    Similarly, survivors - be nice, give me a few hooks (as that's where a lot of my BP comes from during the event) and I'll let you squeak out.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Unless a survivor is a jerkface to me (and at least one of them gives me a tasty treat), I try to just 8 hook the team and let them go.

    Although I don't always remember who I hooked so I apologize in advance if I oopsy and death hook someone ๐Ÿ˜…

    Killers who tunnel know exactly who they have hooked.

    Showing the killer the hook count will do nothing for them, but would help nice killers tremendously. Shame

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002030#Comment_3002030

    Killers who tunnel know exactly who they have hooked.

    Showing the killer the hook count will do nothing for them, but would help nice killers tremendously. Shame

    That was my exact argument when people didn't want killers to have the hook counter but evidently BHVR feels differently :(

  • You know I wish this post wasn't even necessary, with tunneling and camping being not viable, and fair and skillful play being a bit more viable. But sadly, they are.

    However, I still think everybody should just play the way they want to play.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002039#Comment_3002039

    I've let teams go when I've had six hooks before because my goldfish memory has already forgotten who is on a death hook and who is fine to hook and I'm so worried I'll death hook someone that I just let my own points burn to make sure I don't accidentally kill someone ๐Ÿ˜…

    Ironic how killers have a different hook counter to "prevent tunneling" when tunneling killers actually remember who they hooked. Thus creating a situation where 2 hook killers accidentally kill.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002048#Comment_3002048

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002060#Comment_3002060

    Ironic how killers have a different hook counter to "prevent tunneling" when tunneling killers actually remember who they hooked. Thus creating a situation where 2 hook killers accidentally kill.

    Well I mean, I feel like if you're tunneling, you only need to focus on 1 survivors hook states, where as in 2 hook case, you gotta keep track of all 4

  • Considering that my favorite thing to do in DBD is have Survivors die to the Reverse Bear Trap, that's a no from me dawg.

  • @TAG said:

    Considering that my favorite thing to do in DBD is have Survivors die to the Reverse Bear Trap, that's a no from me dawg.

    Curious to know, on the topic of going for kills instead of hooks, how've you been feeling about the pig changes now that it's been a bit? We've had some back-and-forth evaluating the box changes leading up to the implementation of it.

  • @Mozic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002197#Comment_3002197

    Curious to know, on the topic of going for kills instead of hooks, how've you been feeling about the pig changes now that it's been a bit? We've had some back-and-forth evaluating the box changes leading up to the implementation of it.

    I won't make that into a whole discussion here to avoid derailment, but I've gotten five RBT kills in about eleven or so Pig games the last two days I played, plus a sixth person who suicided on 2nd hook because they had no chance of getting the trap off with the remaining time they had left. Make of that what you will.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002171#Comment_3002171

    Well I mean, I feel like if you're tunneling, you only need to focus on 1 survivors hook states, where as in 2 hook case, you gotta keep track of all 4

    Which is kinda hard. Especially with survivors that have the same outfit.

  • Considering that I tried to be nice like suggested and Survivors went out of their way to be toxic so...yea...no. I'm not playing nice at all this event. I have been getting back to back groups that are way better than me and make it a tremendous to get a single hook, let alone 8.

  • You don't need the killer to give you an escape. There's nearly 2 weeks of the event, you can escape via normal play plenty enough in that time to get all the masks, or you can play some killer and make it a bit easier yourself.

    Please play killer, matchmaking is currently oversaturated with survivors and it's screwing with matchmaking.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002030#Comment_3002030

    Killers who tunnel know exactly who they have hooked.

    Showing the killer the hook count will do nothing for them, but would help nice killers tremendously. Shame

    Yeah, this. I'll always try to 2 hook, but when there are 3 bills in the game, it's hard to keep track.

  • Yeah I think it's actually harder to get 8 hooks without killing anyone then it is to get a 4k because all 4 players are always active/doing generators and you cannot reduce this in anyway. Especially if one poor survivor constantly leads you to them via scratch marks. It's like 'oh you again... god damn it *leaves'.

    Was going to make a thread so there is a bone thrown for us killers who don't like to tell other players 'You don't get to play/learn'

  • Wait wait wait! So you really think that hurt-by-life killer players, that camp, tunnel, slap you on a hook and write "ez noob", will somehow get their "stuff" together and suddenly stop being scumbag for the event? I hate to break it to you, but it is EXACTLY what they won't be doing. Quite the opposite, they will try their best to spoil your session.

    There are many of decent killers, but, sadly, they are minority (at least on some MMR ranks)

  • I usually play as hard as the other side, adjusting as necessary.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3002069#Comment_3002069

    Then don't go intentionally out of your way to 2 hook everyone.

    Just play casually.

    All that is being asked of killers is to not camp and tunnel survivors out before a gen even gets done lol. Why is that so controversial?

    your team has to be pretty bad for a gen to not be finished before someone is out of the game.

  • Honestly, I just go for Tome objectives. XD Unless it's an objective I need, I usually let the killer get me, or let the fourth person go. Unless it was really sweaty, then it's kinda nice to rub it in that I won. XD

  • Survivors during the event: "Let's all have fun and be chill and farm BP :)"

    Survivors the rest of the year: "GGEZ BB KILLER JUST UNINSTALL ALREADY *tbags at the gate and dead hards out*"

    Yeah okay.

  • Why tho? Never in all my playtime has a survivor showed me any empathy/mercy, Im gonna play normally in the event and thats it, I have no reason to change my playstyle for better or worse, aside from looking out for invitations.