Little Things You Probably Didn't Notice About The Game. Any I Missed?
- The Dredge is mostly made out of hands. And looks like Cucumber the Conquerer.
- It's raining in Midwich.
- You can hear the ticking of the mechanism in the RPD 'emblem' lion.
- A certain car in the Autohaven maps will play the sound of someone pounding on the trunk from the inside.
- The RE 'safe room' music plays in RPD, near the typewriter on the second floor.
Comments
It took me over a year of playing to notice that the red ring around score events signified how much progress you'd made towards the full 8000 cap.
Killers can walk on top of gens that are next to hills.
XD Yup. I love to do this as Demo, using his launch or plopping Victor on top of one if I want to recall him (switching back to Charlotte here instantly explodes him).
Pig has an idle first person animation were she stretches her hand out.
I just realized Blast Mine has a visual indicator on gens when it resets (Not the aura). A little spark comes out the top of it
if this counts
There is a vault in the one exit gate entrance on the game
A lot of players genuinely may not know this it took me literally 2000 hours to find out
...Huh. I did not know that.
I've got tons of these, I don't know why I have a keen eye on small random details
Some of these are really great, thanks!
For the legion one I'm pretty sure it's been a reported bug since the oni and yui came out and has never been fixed
Yeah I think because Legion's vault is considered a different action to the pallet break action it doesn't cancel it
Normally the kick action overrides the reset but not for Legion's vault. Def weird
I didn't need to know the 4th one...
- You can hear someone crying when you're in the bathroom on Midwich.
- Ghostie does jazz hands when he finds a survivor in a locker.
- There are audio files of Bubba sobbing. I'll see if I can find a link to the video where I saw this, I believe it's the sound he makes while tantruming but you can't hear it over the chainsaw
- Each time she enters phase walk, Spirit breaks her fingers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDxhAdMiYgEDIT: Here's the Bubba video, what I'm talking about starts at 0:20
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Back the train up.
Dredge looks a Glo Worm. His aura is the most adorable little plushy toy in the game.
Most of thing on the ground (rock, stone, stair, pillows in Yamaoka, mud in Crotus, snow in Ormond, sand in Crow, door step in Badham & Haddon...) have hitbox, I know because those thing used to hide BearTrap inside them, now BearTrap is always on top of them
I have played on the Autohaven maps countless times and I can say I have never once heard the sound from the car you mentioned. Its those little things that can go unnoticed forever if you never know they exist. I'll keep an ear out for it the next time I go there.
The fairground machine looks like the same one from the movie Big.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6RK4479XD8Pyramid Head occasionally lets out a very human exhale as part of its idle gurgling - it's easy to hear if you use insidious for weirdo ambush play like I do.
Most structures in the game are to some extent haunted, and feature phantom footsteps or other brief sounds associated with how it was used back when it was populated. Also something you'd hear if you use insidious for weirdo ambush plays like I do.
Male survivors can start crawling 1 second after being downed while female survivors take 2. (the down animation for female survivors is longer)
I recently found out you can control the height of Victor’s pounce to an extent. Looking up while pouncing will allow you to go through windows…I probably put in a few hundred hours on the Twins before I realized this…before I just assumed Victor couldn’t jump through windows.
There are vaults on the second floor of the grim pantry.
You can tell when a survivor is starting a vault if they’re carrying an item because it’ll briefly disappear during the animation.
If you drop a pallet and the Wraith is still cloaked, instead of running away just keep vaulting it and he’ll be forced to uncloak in order to break it.
I've literally only ever found it once. Called the missus over to make sure I wasn't crazy.
99% sure it was in the car 'walls' on Gas Heaven.
You can destroy Nemesis zombies with Head On.
WAIT, FR? omg, 2k hours in this game and didn't think of such basic thing to check
Wait people didn't know this??? I remember playing in a duo with my bf when Nemesis released using Any Means/Head On and flashlights, calling ourselves the Zombie Hunters, and we'd just ######### around killing zombies. I thought it was common knowledge
It doesnt even appear on the wiki so I think very few people know it.
You can lightburn a Nurse by shining a flashlight / throwing a flashbang at her hand while she is charging up a blink.
However, lightburning her actually takes longer than her charging and releasing a blink, so it is exceedingly rare to see this happen in a normal trial.
The Golden Toolbox
I’m sure most of you know this, but why not:
When you’re at the main menu screen (where you choose to play killer or survivor), you’ll see 4 survivors sitting at the campfire. They change up between matches. Though I haven’t figured out the exact logic behind it, they seem to be survivors you’ve recently interacted with - cosmetics and all.
The mural Jeff made for the Legion can be seen in the upper floors of the Ormond ski resort
There is a vault on the gallows in Dead Dawg Saloon.
One I learned yesterday: If a Tombstone Myers moris someone fresh off the hook it still counts as a Safe Unhook.
The survivor closest to the killer is always the survivor you have selected
The other 3 are purely random from my observation of it