Please Let this Patch kill NOED for Killer's Sake

Picture this, you have just installed DBD and have decided to play killer (horrible choice, I know).

You don't have any killer unlocked besides the free ones and have even less perks available when you see it.

No One Escapes Death

As a new killer, you might choose this perk for a couple of reasons.

It gives you power after you fail to defend the gens.

It lets you secure a kill.

It sounds really, really cool.

But if you have chosen this perk, you have doomed yourself to failure. You have made a deal with the devil for temporary power at the cost of internal growth.

As any one who plays survivor can tell you, one of the easiest signs that NOED is going to be in play is if the killer you are facing is bad. But does this happen?

The answer is simple, NOED may get you a kill, but it was not you, it was NOED. You did not make the survivors have to leave their teamate behind, it was NOED.

NOED is a perk that no good killer uses because the survivors should not be finishing gens in the first place. However, it still screws them over because it messes with BHVR's statistics, making it harder for killers that need buffs to actually get them.

So for the sake of Killer Mains, I hope the perk rework destroys NOED.

Comments

  • @Sowbug said:

    No one escapes death, unless you do bones, of course. /s

    The basis of the perk as it is, is already pretty garbage because it almost always results in negating a save because killers will camp the hook. This problem is exacerbated by hooking next to the totem, making a save completely and utterly pointless. I don't know what a good change would be, because I don't care enough about the issue to think of one. If I'm on the receiving of noed, it's whatever. If my teammate is, sorry, but I will probably leave if I cannot find the totem quickly enough. I tend to cleanse totems during the match and usually don't run into heavy snowball potential as a result.

    camping the hook, while it may be in the survivor rulebook, its not in the dbd rulebook.

  • You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996971#Comment_2996971

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996976#Comment_2996976

    Every time I hear the whole "just do bones" argument, I just have to ask you all: Have you ever played solo Q before?

    Sure, let me just get my three random teammates, who I can't communicate with in any way, to realize that the killer is only running three perks and that therefore NOED is in play so someone needs to to all 5 bones. Also, you don't know how many bones are left in the match so a teammate might go searching for a totem already done. Now, if said killer turns out to be running pentimento, I guess you are just screwed.

    "Just Do Bones" is the most Killer-Biased Statement the same way that "Just Wait for DH" is the most Survivor-Biased Statement.

    In just one statement you clearly show case a complete and utter lack of understanding of what the other side has to do in order to win.

    If you unironically think that "Do Bones" is a legitimate strategy against NOED, I can say without a doubt that you do not understand the balancing of the game. For example, Why survivors even think NOED is in play before the endgame in the first place? There is no warning before it activates!

    It does not shock me that the people who support NOED have no understanding of the games mechanics because only bad killers use NOED. If you are good at the game, other perks can be far more effective. You use NOED if you are either using an End Game Build, or you can't keep gens up and secure a kill.

    Full Disclosure, the main reason why I hate NOED has everything to do with how BHVR balances their game and Wraith. They love their statistics, especially their kill rates. Guess which perk heavily screws with that data? NOED. Guess which M1 killer got nerfed after being just decent because a bunch of people played him with NOED? Wraith.

    I am sorry for being so rude, but "Just Do Bones" and "Just Wait for DH" are my two personal most hated arguements that I keep seeing pop up again and again.

    I play exclusively solo and run small game.

    I'll look for bones before i do gens, i also leave when the gates are open rather than standing around being a flog unlike 95% of the survivor base.

  • @Technature said:

    You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

    Lol you know that one guy in your gaming group who takes it too seriously and is no fun to game with. That’s this guy.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

    I wish i did not grow and not improving is now my intentional way of life.


    Victory has always and always will be a victory... no matter how it was achieved. Just like those that lose will always be losers :)


    As long as SWF exists... it deserves the dirtiest gameplay possible... and NOED is not even close to dirty.

  • I hope they completely rework the perk. NOED single handedly inflates BHVR's kill rate statistics.

  • @Technature said:

    You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

    Dudum, only second place, @tippy2k2 posted that as the second comment in this thread.

    (Another easy sign that people don't read a thread before posting in it which leads to opinions and memes getting triple or quadruple posted)

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997676#Comment_2997676

    Lol you know that one guy in your gaming group who takes it too seriously and is no fun to game with. That’s this guy.

    Its a meme copypasta that tippy did on the first comment page and explained for someone else here:

    @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997316#Comment_2997316

    It's a copypasta (someone said that to mock a game journalist who had used a Mod to put an "Easy" mode in one of the Souls game and this Twitter user evidently took very poorly when they responded with what I wrote earlier in the thread). If anything, I am mildly mocking the OP for their stance (in jest of course! Everyone is allowed to think what they want about perks).

    Personally I only use NOED when using a basic M1 killer. Just kind of an insurance policy if the survivors blow through gens as fast as possible because the M1 killer can have such a hard time competing in today's DBD.


  • My interpretation still stands never said tippy was the target.

    The unaimed arrow never misses.

  • @pseudechis said:

    Ugh the ole "NOED will stunt your growth as a player" trope.

    Every strong perk in this game will stunt your growth as a player with that mentality.

    "You'll never learn to properly pressure gens if you are relying on slow down perks"

    "You can never improve at looping if you only play killers that have anti loop."

    "Learn to escape the killer stop relying on dead hard to carry you"

    As a new player I ran NOED a lot, I then got better at chasing and found the game was ending before NOED even proc'd so I eventually stopped running it as much.

    I still do run it when I feel like it because its a strong perk, it acts as a lil ace up your sleeve if you want it and there is nothing wrong with that.

    Change NOED because its stunting the internal growth of killers by getting kills for them rather than them getting kills themselves, oh please, the melodrama. "Won't somebody please think of the children!" That's how that comes off.

    DBD isn't that serious that we have to focus on the internal growth of players so they can be the best they can be. When did this become a seminar in self fulfillment rather than a fun video game.

    Is it a North American thing? I've lived here a while now and can say there is a real culture of taking ######### to seriously in the name of constant self improvement.

    Sometimes things are just fun and that's enough, we don't need to ruin fun in the name of self improvement. Like everything else in this GAME and it is a meaningless game, I run NOED because its fun and that's enough.

    Plus, noed doesn't prevent self improvement at all. I played with and without this perk for thousands of hours. With noed, you play with only 3 perks until endgame so you need to perform well. Also your totem is not always going to be in a good spot, and will be destroyed faster and faster the higher MMR you get. Even with noed you still need to improve. Noed only truly carry low MMR games. At high MMR, it helps finishing the last 2 survivors, if they are at least 3 they can still make it easely.


    Noed is a fun perk because you can still snowball in end game. Without it, it's pretty much gg most of the time.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997676#Comment_2997676

    Lol you know that one guy in your gaming group who takes it too seriously and is no fun to game with. That’s this guy.

    I'm literally quoting a guy who spouted a meme with his insane "Hacking Sekiro to be easier is cheating" bullshit.

    This is what OP sounds like to me.

  • @Technature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997799#Comment_2997799

    I'm literally quoting a guy who spouted a meme with his insane "Hacking Sekiro to be easier is cheating" bullshit.

    This is what OP sounds like to me.

    The issue has been addressed have a pleasant evening.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    Picture this, you have just installed DBD and have decided to play killer (horrible choice, I know).

    You don't have any killer unlocked besides the free ones and have even less perks available when you see it.

    No One Escapes Death

    As a new killer, you might choose this perk for a couple of reasons.

    It gives you power after you fail to defend the gens.

    It lets you secure a kill.

    It sounds really, really cool.

    But if you have chosen this perk, you have doomed yourself to failure. You have made a deal with the devil for temporary power at the cost of internal growth.

    As any one who plays survivor can tell you, one of the easiest signs that NOED is going to be in play is if the killer you are facing is bad. But does this happen?

    The answer is simple, NOED may get you a kill, but it was not you, it was NOED. You did not make the survivors have to leave their teamate behind, it was NOED.

    NOED is a perk that no good killer uses because the survivors should not be finishing gens in the first place. However, it still screws them over because it messes with BHVR's statistics, making it harder for killers that need buffs to actually get them.

    So for the sake of Killer Mains, I hope the perk rework destroys NOED.

    Well with the mmr problems we got i feel fair that a player that just bought the game facing cocky surv that tries to make killer feel bad get a kill by NOED.As you said if killer is new start searching the totems.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996971#Comment_2996971

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996976#Comment_2996976

    Every time I hear the whole "just do bones" argument, I just have to ask you all: Have you ever played solo Q before?

    Sure, let me just get my three random teammates, who I can't communicate with in any way, to realize that the killer is only running three perks and that therefore NOED is in play so someone needs to to all 5 bones. Also, you don't know how many bones are left in the match so a teammate might go searching for a totem already done. Now, if said killer turns out to be running pentimento, I guess you are just screwed.

    "Just Do Bones" is the most Killer-Biased Statement the same way that "Just Wait for DH" is the most Survivor-Biased Statement.

    In just one statement you clearly show case a complete and utter lack of understanding of what the other side has to do in order to win.

    If you unironically think that "Do Bones" is a legitimate strategy against NOED, I can say without a doubt that you do not understand the balancing of the game. For example, Why survivors even think NOED is in play before the endgame in the first place? There is no warning before it activates!

    It does not shock me that the people who support NOED have no understanding of the games mechanics because only bad killers use NOED. If you are good at the game, other perks can be far more effective. You use NOED if you are either using an End Game Build, or you can't keep gens up and secure a kill.

    Full Disclosure, the main reason why I hate NOED has everything to do with how BHVR balances their game and Wraith. They love their statistics, especially their kill rates. Guess which perk heavily screws with that data? NOED. Guess which M1 killer got nerfed after being just decent because a bunch of people played him with NOED? Wraith.

    I am sorry for being so rude, but "Just Do Bones" and "Just Wait for DH" are my two personal most hated arguements that I keep seeing pop up again and again.

    I run small game and do bones at the begining of the match do you?

  • I mostly run Detective's Hunch and I love cleansing as many totems as possible since they contribute to the Boldness categorie - I'm usually bad at chases - so NOED is not a subject in most of my matches

  • @KerJuice said:

    NOED, Dead Hard, and Nurse are fine. It’s SWF’s that need to get deleted.

    Nurse is not fine and needs to be deleted. If sfw is deleted the game would die but removing nurse would make the game much more healthy and not every perk would have to be planned around her. Dh can be removed once nurse is gone.

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    Picture this, you have just installed DBD and have decided to play killer (horrible choice, I know).

    You don't have any killer unlocked besides the free ones and have even less perks available when you see it.

    No One Escapes Death

    As a new killer, you might choose this perk for a couple of reasons.

    It gives you power after you fail to defend the gens.

    It lets you secure a kill.

    It sounds really, really cool.

    But if you have chosen this perk, you have doomed yourself to failure. You have made a deal with the devil for temporary power at the cost of internal growth.

    As any one who plays survivor can tell you, one of the easiest signs that NOED is going to be in play is if the killer you are facing is bad. But does this happen?

    The answer is simple, NOED may get you a kill, but it was not you, it was NOED. You did not make the survivors have to leave their teamate behind, it was NOED.

    NOED is a perk that no good killer uses because the survivors should not be finishing gens in the first place. However, it still screws them over because it messes with BHVR's statistics, making it harder for killers that need buffs to actually get them.

    So for the sake of Killer Mains, I hope the perk rework destroys NOED.

    Lets kill off Dh first and foremost...

    Then i would trade Noed, But until then,

    Do totems =3

  • Low MMR: the post


    noed users are like a bell curve:


    I can’t get kills without it —-> Nooooo you can’t use noed it makes you bad! ——> I keep noed on because it lets me clutch against god swf teams

  • @AnnoyingNarrator said:

    Picture this, you have just installed DBD and have decided to play killer (horrible choice, I know).

    You don't have any killer unlocked besides the free ones and have even less perks available when you see it.

    No One Escapes Death

    As a new killer, you might choose this perk for a couple of reasons.

    It gives you power after you fail to defend the gens.

    It lets you secure a kill.

    It sounds really, really cool.

    But if you have chosen this perk, you have doomed yourself to failure. You have made a deal with the devil for temporary power at the cost of internal growth.

    As any one who plays survivor can tell you, one of the easiest signs that NOED is going to be in play is if the killer you are facing is bad. But does this happen?

    The answer is simple, NOED may get you a kill, but it was not you, it was NOED. You did not make the survivors have to leave their teamate behind, it was NOED.

    NOED is a perk that no good killer uses because the survivors should not be finishing gens in the first place. However, it still screws them over because it messes with BHVR's statistics, making it harder for killers that need buffs to actually get them.

    So for the sake of Killer Mains, I hope the perk rework destroys NOED.

    Such nonsense. NOED is an awesome perk.

    By the same logic (albeit that's overestimating your post) Survivors never escape themselves but DS, BT and Dead Hard did.

    Or Booms and the other plethora of crutches and second chance perks (Deliverance or Unbreakable anyone?).

    Please guys, if you want to bait that's ok but don't be pathetic.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997014#Comment_2997014

    Plus, noed doesn't prevent self improvement at all. I played with and without this perk for thousands of hours. With noed, you play with only 3 perks until endgame so you need to perform well. Also your totem is not always going to be in a good spot, and will be destroyed faster and faster the higher MMR you get. Even with noed you still need to improve. Noed only truly carry low MMR games. At high MMR, it helps finishing the last 2 survivors, if they are at least 3 they can still make it easely.

    Noed is a fun perk because you can still snowball in end game. Without it, it's pretty much gg most of the time.

    You don't improve playing 4 SWF and Discord either. And it's still there.

  • @InvadeGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997204#Comment_2997204

    camping the hook, while it may be in the survivor rulebook, its not in the dbd rulebook.

    I was merely pointing out that attempting an unhook against a camping killer doesn't really work with noed in play. If you want to run it, you can.

  • Lol baby killer that needs NOED to help him get a kill. Loser, why don't you just get better, you don't improve at all playing like that!!!

    ::equips dead hard, DS, unbreakable, BT and gets on comms with 3 other friends and burns fractured cowshed offerings::

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2996913#Comment_2996913

    Nurse is not fine and needs to be deleted. If sfw is deleted the game would die but removing nurse would make the game much more healthy and not every perk would have to be planned around her. Dh can be removed once nurse is gone.

    Just keep deleting content till there are only survivors and gens left that should fix everything.

    Are people that afraid of variation that they'd actively seek a generic game experience over a varied and interesting one?

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2998035#Comment_2998035

    Just keep deleting content till there are only survivors and gens left that should fix everything.

    Are people that afraid of variation that they'd actively seek a generic game experience over a varied and interesting one?

    If this game is not a walking sim while the observer reads all of the tome contents by 2024, what's the point

  • @Sowbug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2997670#Comment_2997670

    I was merely pointing out that attempting an unhook against a camping killer doesn't really work with noed in play. If you want to run it, you can.

    I didnt mean my comment as contending what you were saying, i was just making a bit of a sarcastic joke. I apologise if it came off that way.

  • @InvadeGames said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2999026#Comment_2999026

    I didnt mean my comment as contending what you were saying, i was just making a bit of a sarcastic joke. I apologise if it came off that way.

    No worries, I have a bit of trouble picking up on stuff like that sometimes lol

  • I'm honestly curious if anything will be changed with NOED or not. Despite all the survivors who constantly gripe about this perk, I have yet to see actual data indicating it's overpowered. It's a popular perk, but that could simply be in part because it's a universal perk that literally every killer has potential access to in their bloodwebs so a lot of newer players end up running it solely because it's one of the few perks they actually have early on. Combine that with it probably being at least a good perk and it's no surprise it sees use.

    But in reality it's always struck me as probably being only somewhat better than Haunted Grounds. Its effect is very similar to Haunted Grounds in that it gives Exposed status for a reasonable chunk of time before going away (either by being destroyed or the match simply ending). And both perks typically get you one or two instant downs per match. The main difference is Haunted Grounds gets its downs early in the match, where you might be able to use them to build early momentum toward a 3-4k win, while NOED downs are more likely to hedge against a 0-1k loss. So it's not immediately obvious to me that NOED's statistical impact is going to be all that different from Haunted Grounds in terms of increasing average kill rates among close opponents.

    All that said this perk is undoubtedly in the crosshairs of review if only because it's so popular and contentious. I could easily see the devs deciding to revamp the perk somehow, not so much to nerf it per se, but rather to make it into something that is less controversial but still a solid pick. Personally I don't use the perk much myself, I'd rather focus more on the early and midgame portions of the match, but I don't have any problem with the perk existing or being used.

  • I dont find NOED to be much of a problem, its not used all that much ime, maybe it is at lower ranks, i did start out using it when i started killer, but fropped it once i got better perks and saw on tutorial videos to be careful using it as it hampers gaining skill.


    I think its a perk that has its place and is perfectly fair.

    In a way its a second chance perk and survivors have a handful of those. That being said, when i used it or go against it, I find it only truly is a comeback perk when a team is being greedy altruistic team and then you can punish them.

    If BHVR didnt decide to have totem spawns right out in the open and right next to gens id be fine with it spwning before end game.

    However I do feel the totem stuff is BS because as someone who has started to use totems in builds its so utterly easy to find the hexes and snuff them(which would be fine if you could relight them like boons) I Think we either need double the potential totem spawns so people dont know immediately where to look or greatly diversify where totems can spawn and that means not right in the open or right on the main pathways.


    Survivors should have to look for totems not it being handed next to them.

    Most games my hexes get taken out in the first minute. I understand this for SOME games, the majority tho hexes should have a solid chance of lasting till at least mid game. thats not the case currently.

  • So, in general

    1- NOED makes you have 3 perks the entire game

    2- You have a lot of time to find NOED and destroy it by looking for it at the end of the game, then BTing the survivor out

    3- It's high risk, high reward, meaning maybe you don't find it, or you get unlucky and he hooks you at it.

    4- If NOED was such a common perk then maybe you should use a perk slot to counter it, since it's apparently in every match giving every bad killer 1 free kill on an otherwise 4 survivor escape according to a lot of people on the forums.

    So, yes, technically speaking more could go wrong and it has a bigger downside than it has benefits. But there are actually endgame builds that can take advantage of it, which are rare these days, and most people don't play for the endgame. If you wanted a cheap kill then you'd play a camping killer and camp early for a kill, not late with NOED.

    Fact is, you're gonna find NOED on a lot of newer killer players because they, quite frankly, won't have access to any real gen regression perks without DLC, which is also why people who use NOED often play poorly, or you feel they "don't deserve" that kill for that poor play.

1 2 ›