So Devs say to us...
We make a fun killer to play but no a killer to kill even tho that the whole point of the killer, but I will like to hear your opinion on that.
We make a fun killer to play but no a killer to kill even tho that the whole point of the killer, but I will like to hear your opinion on that.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Correct.
There's also no Horror aspect to this killer.
They literally talked about how if you want to win, play hillbilly or nurse or some other killer. They are perfectly aware of this and they are probably going to tweak him a bit before release.
That the problem he/she can bring the horror back with that power but devs keep him/her back for no other reason that bomb review.
If you want my money. Give me a better killer.
A competent killer. I'm not asking for a Billy or Nurse.
So legion is exactly what the devs envisioned for killers .
Btw, he's the second clown killer...
And no one asks ( at least with a brain) but give us something to work with you can say we make a week killer only to have fun at low ranks (20-10).
You realize he can still down Survivors, right? His power only works while active. He can still attack normally. You don't have to activate the power every time you see someone, indeed it works on a meter so you won't always have it. You can just attack.
Legion is quite the opposite.
Freddy: "I'm the worst killer in DBD!!!"
Legion: "Thats cute..."
I think the intention of The Legion was to give killers a taste of how it feels to be a survivor with the running animation and vaulting and not so much of making a horror killer because I mean lets face it we have two horrifying killers in The Spirit and The Clown so why not change it up a bit and make a killer that is more human.
And I agree not everyone plays this game to just win all the time. I personally don’t care if I win or lose. The game itself is fun.
Can anyone translate this for me? I don't speak nonsense.
Even lore-wise, it's bad. The backstory sounds like it was written by youth camp kids trying to be edgy, and it just throws names at you and expects you to know who they are. A gang? Cool. But this is not a gang that's scary. They have badges for God's sake.
The rest of the chapter has been great so far. But the Legion is a haphazard mess that has no idea what it's trying to be.
Maybe they tried to go for that kind of horror, that you would feel as if this could happen in real life. I dunno, but it gets under my skin, because I know a nurse wont come flying towards me at night unless I really took a wrong turn somewhere, haha.
You know, I was actually talking to someone about that earlier. Because the Clown is very much a sort of John Wayne Gacy. I mean, even the cosmetics are super similar to his Pogo the Clown persona.
The clown is scary because he very much is realistic. There's nothing supernatural about him--he's the guy you would probably see true crime specials about. The Legion could very much have gone that same way. But it feels like they stopped short of actually achieving that skincrawling realism that they needed. For a gang, they don't seem very impressive or intimidating. They'd have gotten eaten alive in juvie.
The one murder they commited wasn't a frenzy. One of them cried, iirc. I didn't feel bad for them or even disturbed. It wasn't cult like or gang like. The worst these kids did was shoplift from Walmart and call Debbie from math class a #########.
I think they should have looked into actual murders done by teenagers. If it was one murder that drove them over the edge, have it be heinous. Kids are capable of scary things. If you have a strong stomach, look up the Sylvia Likens case. That one involved teenagers even younger than 19.
With the frenzy ability and having the Legion described to me as a cult like group, I was immediately reminded of a documentary I had seem about the Charles Manson murders. One of the girls that had help commit the Sharon Tate murder was in the car afterwards, and she was complaining about how her wrist hurt because the knife kept striking the ribcage.
I'm 100% behind bringing this sort of horror into the game. But the Legion isn't that kind of horror.
A lot of killers are trash, I wouldnt depend on the devs fixing their game after inventing a bad killer.
it's really sad, he has a lot of potential
yeah, you can, at 110% speed, lol
Hag, Spirit, Huntress, Nurse
All these killers have 1 thing in common
You never chase without your power
You might say it's only 5% slower but if you work out the numbers
Survivor: 4 m/s
115%: 4.6 m/s
110%: 4.4 m/s
Wich means standert killers gain ground at 0.6 m/s and slow killers at 0.4 m/s
That's 33% slower
And that's in a straight line
The difference in hitboxes loopers use amplifies this even more
For slow killers chasing without your power is not an option
The new killer is good against toxic loopers, but his not OP. They want to slow the game down and thats what the new killer do with his power because they need to Mend and then heal.
Taking away any pressure Legion could put on survivors
Its poorly edited youtube videos of 4 survivors ganging up and bully a dumb looking defenceless killer. Lobby switching at the last second to characters with flashlight and decisive, blinding the killer repeatedly and looping inexperienced players for 5 gens.
That's what new players think looks cool. They want to try it out. So the devs are catering to their new base.
Hence why DS will never be nerfed. Hence why they're making it easier to be hit with flashlights again.
The game belongs to the Ochiidoites now.
I feel like there was a movie that was well received in the horror genre that had multiple people as a singular killer...or am I mistaken?
Not every killer has to be top tier as others have said fun mechanics can be more important, I do think they could do with some tweaking but due to what they can do in M2 its going to be a very fine line.
Personally it looks like a killer designed to advertise Death Garden, the look and movement seem very similar.
But at the same time, not every killer needs to e C tier too. We already got
Clown
Hag
Spirit
Doctor
To fill up the mid-tier. And
Trapper
Freddy
Wraith
Pig
To fill up the low tier.
We're all just saying that the top tier
Nurse
Billy
Myers
Could have used another killer before one of those lists got yet another mediocre killer.
Yeah like why not just make this game a 4 person COOP game? I mean with their thought process it's what they want rather than a 4v1.
They don't know how to balance the game
Mend should be a healing action. You can't mend without SC, or someone else assisting.
Done.
The killer has potential.
They don't have a huge choice though. SWF, and third party chat systems already make the game a 4 person coop.
And since the game isn't balanced for it, well, it makes things harder on the killer.
@Rebel_Raven so back to the point why don't change the game either give an AI and say we have to mode ( AI and PVP) or make the game to give the same ( as much possible ) info to the player and the swf.
To give solo survivors as much information as SWFs have a lot of perks would be part of the base kit.
They would know how many totems are left, where the gens are, where the killer is at almost all times, and more.
How do you balance that?
@Rebel_Raven my idea is if they don't play with swf give randoms info about the game within 1 min or so
And wraith > doctor
devs: we will rework freddy its at the top of our prioritys
killer mains: sounds fair
next day
devs: we have Nerfed freddy added a new killer with nothing much to offer and gave survivors everything they wanted
killermains:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvP0gluTew