More lockers added?!

Screenshot_20220607-192845_Gallery.jpg

(Not my photo got it from reddit)


Super stoked for this but was it intentional for it be non-exclusive to Dredge? That might be worrying. Having a significant new number of lockers will certainly shake things up a little.

Comments

  • Quite a buff for Huntress and Trickster

  • There are definitely more lockers added (saw two on the bottom floor of The Game that are brand new)

    Presumably this is for The Dredge to teleport himself around a bit more and having smaller Teleporting Dead Zones

  • So far I've seen extra lockers in:

    Macmillan

    Coldwind

    Ormond

    Autohaven

    Eyrie of Crows

    There may be more in Swamp maps or in the other notoriously locker empty maps like Mother's Dwelling or something


    @Satelit said:

    Quite a buff for Huntress and Trickster

    Such a good QOL for those two as well yep.

  • Lots of cursed locker spawns but I like the change. Good for huntress, trickster, head on plays, better spots to hide from BBQAC. It's nice all around.

  • Yeah, saw some new ones in MacMillian maps too, by the big logs. More lockers are an advantage to both sides, as 3 killers now extensively use them, and figuring out a survivor hiding on a locker with any killer is always a good thing, and more lockers mean more opportunities for it. But on the new map, I only played it once, but I got this feeling they kind of forgot to add them in some parts of the map? I remember seeing at least 3 different gens on whole areas without a single locker, with most of them concentrated in the middle.

  • Cool more head on plays and it'll be much more quicker to use built to last

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Cool more head on plays and it'll be much more quicker to use built to last

    And that reminds me, flashbangs will be easier to collect now!

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987918#Comment_2987918

    And that reminds me, flashbangs will be easier to collect now!

    Won't have to search the seven seas on maps like swamp and the game with barely any lockers

  • How much of a boost is this to Darkness Revealed?

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    There are definitely more lockers added (saw two on the bottom floor of The Game that are brand new)

    Presumably this is for The Dredge to teleport himself around a bit more and having smaller Teleporting Dead Zones

    The thing though is that this was a universal addition. Meaning if you play Pig/Nurse-whomever those extra lockers are added.


    Its a big upgrade for ranged killers and locker-related perks. I'm just wondering if this was intentional or a bug.

  • @AnchorTea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987847#Comment_2987847

    The thing though is that this was a universal addition. Meaning if you play Pig/Nurse-whomever those extra lockers are added.

    Its a big upgrade for ranged killers and locker-related perks. I'm just wondering if this was intentional or a bug.

    I have to assume it was intentional (like how you see Tricksters knives in the lockers regardless of who you are playing as) but I suppose only BHVR knows for sure and will act accordingly if it's an oopsy

    But if I were a gambling man, I'd wager this was on purpose in anticipation for their shiny new abomination

  • Oof. I hope they didn't add any next to vaults or pallet spawns. There's a few like that in Lery's that are downright evil.

  • They added some new lockers to a few tiles, but there are still some maps that have deadzone areas with no lockers. Really noticeable when you can't teleport to half the gens on some maps.

  • @Satelit said:

    Quite a buff for Huntress and Trickster

    And Dwight ;)

  • Not really complaining because on tiles like cow tree that little wall next to the pallet has inconsistent collision so its nice to basically get a guaranteed bounce as blight on 3/4 sides.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2987964#Comment_2987964

    I have to assume it was intentional (like how you see Tricksters knives in the lockers regardless of who you are playing as) but I suppose only BHVR knows for sure and will act accordingly if it's an oopsy

    But if I were a gambling man, I'd wager this was on purpose in anticipation for their shiny new abomination

    Trickster's knives are purely cosmetic. Locker's are interactable, have collision, and special qualities depending who or what you play as. I'm just saying that this could be a bit of a game-changer.

  • Great change and all but why are they willing to do this for dredge while the ringu killer still has to rely on add-ons? Makes me wonder if she's being looked at right now.

  • Yep, I've noticed that new lockers have been added to Coldwind, MacMillian, Ormond, and Dead Dawg. Probably because of the Dredge, but it also indirectly buffs Huntress and Trickster.