Why Do People Bully You When You're Clearly New?

I am recently trying to do those Twins challenges. I don't know how to play Twins, i did not play them before. Except adept, i did not touch them for years. 


I'm so bad with them. And when survivors realize this, they're bullying me. I am not saying that: "Hey bro, i am new. Please chill and give me free hooks.". But teabagging and clicking new player does not makes you good at this game, it makes you bully.


After about 6-7 bad games, I switched to Nurse. 4 slow-down and strongest add-ons. Game did not pass even 3 gens. Guess what? They did not bully my Nurse, maybe Nurse was so cute to them.

Comments

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I am recently trying to do those Twins challenges. I don't know how to play Twins, i did not play them before. Except adept, i did not touch them for years. 

    I'm so bad with them. And when survivors realize this, they're bullying me. I am not saying that: "Hey bro, i am new. Please chill and give me free hooks.". But teabagging and clicking new player does not makes you good at this game, it makes you bully.

    After about 6-7 bad games, I switched to Nurse. 4 slow-down and strongest add-ons. Game did not pass even 3 gens. Guess what? They did not bully my Nurse, maybe Nurse was so cute to them.

    I was getting destroyed yesterday as demogorgon. 3 hooks with 1 gen. I managed to turn it around

  • Well you being new, when the survivors probably played against Twins before don't matter,

    survivor will try to play their best,

    they will use tactics that are good against Twins,


    I don't see you stopping dodging Chainsaws or Nurse blinks when they are new either probably.


    Unless you do do that.

  • @JohnWick1654 said:

    Well you being new, when the survivors probably played against Twins before don't matter,

    survivor will try to play their best,

    they will use tactics that are good against Twins,

    I don't see you stopping dodging Chainsaws or Nurse blinks when they are new either probably.

    Unless you do do that.

    I did not ask for free hits and hooks. They don't have to give me anything for free. But you have not reason to bully someone when they are clearly new.

    @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326578/why-do-people-bully-you-when-youre-clearly-new

    I was getting destroyed yesterday as demogorgon. 3 hooks with 1 gen. I managed to turn it around

    I would come back with Nemmy or Nurse but i was new with Twins.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Because some people are just arseholes.

    I think so

  • Honestly I just throw games to get those challenges done. They try to force to us to play killers noone likes so might as well take the easiest road to be done with it.

    And ignore people like that, for all we know they bully M1 or inexperienced killers but the moment good blight or nurse player deletes them from the game, they come here to call for nerfs because its not fun for them anymore.

    One of the reasons I dont play weak killers anymore. Even tho Twins arent weak, just very horrible to play

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984015#Comment_2984015

    I did not ask for free hits and hooks. They don't have to give me anything for free. But you have not reason to bully someone when they are clearly new.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984014#Comment_2984014

    I would come back with Nemmy or Nurse but i was new with Twins.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2984013#Comment_2984013

    I think so

    It's called, being toxic

    And I don't know what you expect from toxic players?

    Not click, not teabag? Yeah right..

  • I think survivors mains are far less likely to play killer than killers are to play survivor, so they have no idea that it's unfun to play against. From their point of view they're having fun, so who gives a ######### what the other guy feels?

    I always leave immediately when I play surv. Doesn't even matter if I get smacked tunneled and facecamped. I'm out, don't have time for nonsense.

    Another thing is BHVR genuinely do not care if their game is made frustrating by unsportsmanlike behavior, as shown by how they've never tried to combat it. I just head to basement once gates are open, even if I opened them myself and tab out. Would be nice with a tray notification on your taskbar once the game was over since it's random whether survs stay for 1 minute 59.99 seconds or only 1 minute.

  • I had the Twins bug where I could no longer use the spacebar to break pallets and pickup. Happened mid-match and the survivors had no idea so kept playing normally. I do not blame them.

    They cannot know what your intentions are and have to assume the worst. Do not expect mercy and you will never be disappointed.

  • Because is what survivors do, for them this game is bully simulator.

    Just like in school, they like to bully weak or new ones. Is the way they have to drive the atenttion out of their misery.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326578/why-do-people-bully-you-when-youre-clearly-new

    I was getting destroyed yesterday as demogorgon. 3 hooks with 1 gen. I managed to turn it around

    I'd love to be able to play Demogorgon, but the servers decided I'm too good for Shred and should play Demogorgon with M1's only

  • The same reason people bully the people they bully irl; because they can. By definition, they cannot bully me. They absolutely try, make no mistake. It just gets them nowhere, and they get nothing. They lose the game before long as well as lose the will to try and bully well before the game actually ends once they realize it does not work.


    The issue is, in real life, all you need to do is stand up to a bully. In-game, a new player does not have the ability to stand up for themselves yet. That makes them a prime target for these antics.


    The better question is why YouTubers are allowed to make money off deranking and harassing new players in-game for a wide audience while being supported for it. And sadly that answer seems to be, "because it is funny."


    In this community, it is just some sort of hazing ritual. Everyone goes through it, on both sides. The main difference is the nature of it. Survivors are a more time wasting type, they get off on that. Killers are the opposite. They will not even let you play the game for a collective minute before a new/bad player is tunneled out.

  • They're just trolls.

    Trying to assign any more meaning to it is at best a waste of time, at worst some kinda completely mindbroken "psychoanalysis" assigning people mental illnesses and childhood traumas because they act annoying in a video game. Not worth it either way.