Removing Dead Hard and Circle of Healing is the right choice to make

Killers will return to the game once these perks are removed from the game. There is no rework that will make them any less obnoxious. Get rid of them ASAP!

Comments

  • You mean, Killers will move to the next Perks to complain?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You mean, Killers will move to the next Perks to complain?

    They are already doing lol. You can see some complains about DS, BT and UB.

  • Dead hard is already getting a rework though. As for COH yeah I’d say just completely change it to a different perk. It goes against boon design and is just hinders fun gameplay styles on the killers end

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Dead hard is already getting a rework though. As for COH yeah I’d say just completely change it to a different perk. It goes against boon design and is just hinders fun gameplay styles on the killers end

    Its getting a change, but not a good one.

    Remove the distance and keep the I frames? Awful for ranged killers and will still E to pallet in many situations

    Remove the I frames and keep the distance? Awful for m1 killers and still possible to use against ranged killers, just E at an angle.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978787#Comment_2978787

    Its getting a change, but not a good one.

    Remove the distance and keep the I frames? Awful for ranged killers and will still E to pallet in many situations

    Remove the I frames and keep the distance? Awful for m1 killers and still possible to use against ranged killers, just E at an angle.

    How do we know either of them are coming? The devs tend to change ideas around a lot so it could be completely different now.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978787#Comment_2978787

    Its getting a change, but not a good one.

    Remove the distance and keep the I frames? Awful for ranged killers and will still E to pallet in many situations

    Remove the I frames and keep the distance? Awful for m1 killers and still possible to use against ranged killers, just E at an angle.

    How can you possibly feel confident saying that when we have no idea what the change is going to look like?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978796#Comment_2978796

    How do we know either of them are coming? The devs tend to change ideas around a lot so it could be completely different now.

    They said so on stream and pinpointed the distance part.

  • Yeah CoH is still broken af

    People will say it got nerfed and is not used that oftent, to that i respond : it is used at least once per game (and thats enough since multiple coh are useless)

    Every. Single. Game.

    It takes 14 seconds to put up a boon

    If the killer wants to snuff it and goes out of his way to do so :

    3 secs detour to go to the boon, 2 secs to snuff it, 3 secs to go back on track. It makes a total of 8 seconds, meaning survivors won 32 seconds. For a perk that is set in 14 secs you can see the probleme there


    Its busted af, unfun and basically gives a free pzrk to everyone

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Arguably No. Average kill rate for killers ranges between 50%-60%. So the game is balanced this way.

    If you don't like Dead Hard, use meta back, stack gen slowdown, devs have admitted that other builds are not viable.

    did they really admitted that ?

  • @ResidentEvilSafeRoom said:

    Killers will return to the game once these perks are removed from the game. There is no rework that will make them any less obnoxious. Get rid of them ASAP!

    Well if yall want to remove 2 survivors perks, then survivors get to remove 2 killer perks. I vote noed and pain resonance. Noed because it rewards killers not being able to pressure gens and when a survivor is hooked next to the totem, it's impossible to do anything about it cuz they'll just camp it. Pain resonance because solo queue is painful when killers use it as no one learns just to let go of the gen before the hook animation is complete thus blowing up the gen, losing progress, and the killer is on their way.

    Fair is fair, killers get coh and dh deleted, and survivors get pain res and noed deleted. Ta da

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978854#Comment_2978854

    if NOED rewards a killer for not being able to pressure the game, how should be the survivor rewarded for not doing totems at all? at the end of the day, you'd blame the survivor team for not doing totems and congratulate the killer for picking up NOED as a good strategy against the current meta. Right?

    Well cleansing totems aren't really the main objective for survivors, they're just tryna survivor and get gens done to escape. A lot of the time there really isn't anytime to be going around and cleansing totems, that just gives the killer more time to potentially kill a survivor, gens are the focus to escape.

    A killer can just stand there and do nothing the whole game and then all gens are completed and the killer goes and downs and slugs all of the survivors and suddenly thats a win for him with minimal effort and participation.

  • Many have said that the Self Care part of CoH should be removed, and I agree. At least if only the person who placed the CoH gets Self Care I'd be okay with it. Then when DH gets reworked I'd be happy. But what has to happen then is Blight and Nurse needs nerfs so other killers can get buffs. Killer variety is very important to keep the game from being stale. It doesn't matter if they make 10 new killers if only 2 are viable for serious gameplay.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978862#Comment_2978862

    Totems are the secondary objective and knowing there are totems around it, you take the risk by solely doing the gens and escaping, you accept the risk.

    If the killer stand and waits for NOED to be ready, then I'd only blame the survivor for misplay... if they do nothing then you have no reason to complain about "giving killer more time" because you can do gens and also destroy totems, have a free game in your own hands.

    Yeah. It's just a thought, if they were to remove coh and dh, I would remove noed and pain res too.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978776#Comment_2978776

    They are already doing lol. You can see some complains about DS, BT and UB.

    Those were complained about long before circle was ever a conceived thought

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326095/removing-dead-hard-and-circle-of-healing-is-the-right-choice-to-make

    Well if yall want to remove 2 survivors perks, then survivors get to remove 2 killer perks. I vote noed and pain resonance. Noed because it rewards killers not being able to pressure gens and when a survivor is hooked next to the totem, it's impossible to do anything about it cuz they'll just camp it. Pain resonance because solo queue is painful when killers use it as no one learns just to let go of the gen before the hook animation is complete thus blowing up the gen, losing progress, and the killer is on their way.

    Fair is fair, killers get coh and dh deleted, and survivors get pain res and noed deleted. Ta da

    If the killer is as bad as you make out then you have time to do bones

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978854#Comment_2978854

    If the killer is as bad as you make out then you have time to do bones

    I didn't say the killer would be bad in this scenario, they just weren't able to pressure gens, and noed would give a massive helping hand especially when paired with remember me or no way out.

  • @SimplyPixelated06 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978894#Comment_2978894

    I didn't say the killer would be bad in this scenario, they just weren't able to pressure gens, and noed would give a massive helping hand especially when paired with remember me or no way out.

    At high MMR, NOED is mandatory on some weak Killers. What you are describing is an End Game build, often completed by Blood Warden. This is exactly what I use with my Trapper. Explain to me OBJECTIVELY how I can win a game with such a weak and slow killer without NOED to make it easier to apply my End Game build against a high MMR SWF ?

    Don't answer, it's not possible.

  • Nope, then people will start complaining about DS. Again.

  • @Rokjer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978898#Comment_2978898

    At high MMR, NOED is mandatory on some weak Killers. What you are describing is an End Game build, often completed by Blood Warden. This is exactly what I use with my Trapper. Explain to me OBJECTIVELY how I can win a game with such a weak and slow killer without NOED to make it easier to apply my End Game build against a high MMR SWF ?

    Don't answer, it's not possible.

    You pressure gens, duh

  • Ok let’s remove a few killer add ons too while we’re at it.

  • Where’s the compensation then?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2978854#Comment_2978854

    if NOED rewards a killer for not being able to pressure the game, how should be the survivor rewarded for not doing totems at all? at the end of the day, you'd blame the survivor team for not doing totems and congratulate the killer for picking up NOED as a good strategy against the current meta. Right?

    I think the problem with the "do totems" argument with countering NOED is that if it's a semi-decent or good killer, you don't have time to cleanse all the totems around the map. Especially if they have some type of gen regression/slow down perk that allows them to pressure gens after getting hooks. I agree that if the killer is really inexperienced and the gens are flying, then you should expect NOED and stop to do totems. If the killer is so bad that they only have 2-3 hooks by the time 4 gens are done (or 1 hook at 3 gens complete) then it's time to cleanse all totems.

    It's definitely not easy to cleanse all totems for an average player though. Not every survivor knows the spawn location/patterns, and if you cleanse 4/5 totems, you kind of just screwed yourself because the one totem you don't know is the NOED. When it's certain matches that are close, you kind of just have to take your chances and hope that a totem you passed (and didn't cleanse) becomes the NOED instead of cleansing the locations you know and leaving the mystery areas for end game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979029#Comment_2979029

    YOU don't have time to cleanse all the totems, but YOU have other 3 team mates on an MMR based system that provides equal skill players (or at least tries). Try to communicate with them starting from the lobby screen (helps also on solo squads)

    YOU have several perks that locate totems on the map and the boon meta. YOUR team mates also share the same amount of perks

    YOU with YOUR team mates can have full coordination on the map, or YOU can play soloq with perks that can help with tracking the totems/killer and your survivor team. And not last, you can also take the hatch if you fail everything.

    At the end of the day you doing totems is the optimal play to counter a perk that can be de-activated in the end game collapse and complaining about it but saying "I need to do gens" invalidates you saying NOED is a bad perk and goes more "I played unoptimally only doing the gens".

    Learning the spawn location can be achieved with experience, but hey... you can also break up your meta build for Small Game (one example).

    Ahh yes, just communicate with your teammates in the pre lobby screen. Just learn Morse code and hope your teammates know it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979029#Comment_2979029

    YOU don't have time to cleanse all the totems, but YOU have other 3 team mates on an MMR based system that provides equal skill players (or at least tries). Try to communicate with them starting from the lobby screen (helps also on solo squads)

    YOU have several perks that locate totems on the map and the boon meta. YOUR team mates also share the same amount of perks

    YOU with YOUR team mates can have full coordination on the map, or YOU can play soloq with perks that can help with tracking the totems/killer and your survivor team. And not last, you can also take the hatch if you fail everything.

    At the end of the day you doing totems is the optimal play to counter a perk that can be de-activated in the end game collapse and complaining about it but saying "I need to do gens" invalidates you saying NOED is a bad perk and goes more "I played unoptimally only doing the gens".

    Learning the spawn location can be achieved with experience, but hey... you can also break up your meta build for Small Game (one example).

    If I’m on PlayStation, how am I supposed to communicate with them? And some maps totems are impossible to find (the game, swamp, RPD, midwich).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2979029#Comment_2979029

    YOU don't have time to cleanse all the totems, but YOU have other 3 team mates on an MMR based system that provides equal skill players (or at least tries). Try to communicate with them starting from the lobby screen (helps also on solo squads)

    YOU have several perks that locate totems on the map and the boon meta. YOUR team mates also share the same amount of perks

    YOU with YOUR team mates can have full coordination on the map, or YOU can play soloq with perks that can help with tracking the totems/killer and your survivor team. And not last, you can also take the hatch if you fail everything.

    At the end of the day you doing totems is the optimal play to counter a perk that can be de-activated in the end game collapse and complaining about it but saying "I need to do gens" invalidates you saying NOED is a bad perk and goes more "I played unoptimally only doing the gens".

    Learning the spawn location can be achieved with experience, but hey... you can also break up your meta build for Small Game (one example).

    I never said that NOED is a bad perk. At best, I just call it annoying because sometimes when it procts, it seems like overkill because the killer was already pretty good (still fair because it solidifies the 4k, just feels bad man when you worked so hard to try and get a 1 man out).

    Also for reference, I use you as in the general use of you, meaning you as the survivor. Not you personally (2nd person). This can come off as confusing, just wanted to clarify that.

    In a SWF situation, or even just duos, there really isn't an excuse to not take care of the totems tbh. I agree with you in that manner that you have complete (or almost complete) control over the pace of the game and if you don't take care of NOED risks, then that was your fault.

    I play in soloq 90% of the time when I'm playing. It is incredibly difficult to be able to gauge when I need to start cleansing totems/if I need to cleanse the totems. Also, when it comes to soloq, it can be difficult to locate the totems when people are breaking them at random around the map. Even if you run small game and know there's only 1 totem left, you still have to run around the map trying to find it because you might not have cleansed them all. I personally can find all 5 totems pretty easily (usually) if I'm the only one running around the map looking for them. I just usually do a big circle and cleansing is easy, it's much harder to try and find a solo totem without having references to the ones already broken.

    Cleansing totems is optimal play when you think that NOED might be in play. It's not completely optimal when you don't think it's in play/know it can't be in play. I get the sentiment though of "assume NOED is in play always" like how killers "assume everyone has BT." That's understandable to use as an argument, it's just a little harder to coordinate the preventative measures against NOED compared to BT.

    Dedicating a perk slot to ensuring all the totems are complete is a way to counter NOED if you see it a lot. That's a fair counterplay to a perk that is free for anyone to use (on both ends). Although, you can't just blame survivors for not always having a totem seeking perk to prevent NOED because in my experience, most killers don't run NOED and the ones that do you can usually predict it. You would basically be asking a survivor to bring a dead perk always, which in SWF is fair, but soloq it's much harder to give up certain perks.

    Trust me when I say that I try to prevent NOED whenever I can. Even as soloq I will stop doing any gen until I get the totems complete, but sometimes my other survivors don't know that's why I'm 99 gens or running around the map looking for totems. I have had plenty of games where I'm running around the map and have 3/5 totems done but then gen pops and the killer has NOED. Sometimes I can find the last 2, sometimes the killer hooked right next to the totem. Soloq is incredibly difficult to coordinate, even in high MMR, most survivors just want to leave without thinking about the potential danger.

    After playing the game for 2 years and having experienced both sides, I don't think NOED is as problematic as people say. It definitely poses problems because it's a noob stomper perk and teachers beginner killers bad habits sometimes, but it's definitely counterable and isn't the strongest in higher MMR tbh. I've been able to prevent NOED proct many times when playing in Duos.

  • You survivors who bemoan the idea that just cleansing totems is what you should do to stop NOED do see the hypocrisy going on when it comes to NOED vs Dead Hard?

    You don't like the answer of "cleanse totems" because god forbid you have to go into a match with the basic assumption that every killer has NOED and you have to go out of your way (just bait out Dead Hard) to cleanse totems.

    Do you not like it when you outplay a killer and they pull the rug out from under you at the end of the game with NOED that spawns on a well hidden Totem? And they're able to get kills they wouldn't have otherwise? Yeah, well that's literally what Dead Hard is for. You escape a hit that the killer earned by catching up to you or outplaying you.

    So if you want NOED out of the game, it can take Dead Hard with it.

  • @Viskod said:

    You survivors who bemoan the idea that just cleansing totems is what you should do to stop NOED do see the hypocrisy going on when it comes to NOED vs Dead Hard?

    You don't like the answer of "cleanse totems" because god forbid you have to go into a match with the basic assumption that every killer has NOED and you have to go out of your way (just bait out Dead Hard) to cleanse totems.

    Do you not like it when you outplay a killer and they pull the rug out from under you at the end of the game with NOED that spawns on a well hidden Totem? And they're able to get kills they wouldn't have otherwise? Yeah, well that's literally what Dead Hard is for. You escape a hit that the killer earned by catching up to you or outplaying you.

    So if you want NOED out of the game, it can take Dead Hard with it.

    I think everyone would take that trade

  • Something I always wonder, does anyone posting these "delete X from the game" threads honestly expect the X to actually be deleted?

  • Lol yes, remove 2 perks because that’s the answer to everything according to some of you.

    Lets make other perks meta so you can once again revisit the same “remove x-y-x” cycle. 🙄

  • COH? Yes delete delete delete delete that perk.

    I'll take a DH nerf after nurse range add ons get nerfed and when Adren vial and c33 get nerfed.

  • Ah, more of the never ending cycle of crying about perks, maps, and the other side in general. So reassuring that some things don't change.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You mean, Killers will move to the next Perks to complain?

    This was very funny because it kind of rhymes. Lmso 🤣

  • So were just going to trade in one meta for another that's all every single game on this earth has a meta even if its a speed meta or an order meta every single game has one soooo people need to get over there being a meta.

  • If BT is straight-up removed, there will be a huge drop in survivor MMR. That perlk usually translates to a 3rd life stage or several seconds more in a chase.

    Way fewer survivors will be able to handle the arguably more powerful Sprint Burst.


    I'm curious to see what BHVR will do to it.

  • @ResidentEvilSafeRoom said:

    Killers will return to the game once these perks are removed from the game. There is no rework that will make them any less obnoxious. Get rid of them ASAP!

    bro survivor q is like instant.. DbD has enough killers.. and why do u want to remove content?

  • I don't get why people hate COH so much? It was already nerfed once, and killers now have a perk to counter it. People say to survivors about NoED "just do bones", can't the same be said for Boons now? Even if you don't want to waste a perk slot on Shattered Hope, a Boon can be snuffed in a matter of like 2 seconds. There is a clear and easy counter to CoH, which is the argument killers constantly use about NOED and other Hex perks. I'm sorry, but I just don't see the issue! Boons are essentially the survivor equivalent of Hex's: strong perks with a big pay-off, but you run the risk of losing it.

    I agree old DH was OP, but we'll have to wait and see what the rework brings and whether it's a nerf or a buff.