The Nemesis tentacle strike infection change

I find it absolutely asinine to infect a survivor and they get distance with a free sprint burst. The current iteration is flawed. I believe if you get a survivor infected they should lose a health state while getting infected or lose the speed burst while getting infected.

Comments

  • The Devs thought about this and decided against it. And IMO for an ability which makes Pallets and Windows unsafe, it is alright to have a drawback.

  • Make it still not damage them on the infection hit but at least remove the sprint burst attached. The killer already gets a locked hit animation time.

  • Yeah, probably doesn't need the sprint burst after it though

  • Survivors get a speed burst when hit, but the tentacle can't interrupt actions

    Absolutely ridiculous

  • I'd rather have it so that once a survivor is contaminated, the zombies are drawn to them. Kind of like bees to honey. The zombie AI is trash 95% of the time. I have maybe 10 hits and 3 downs, one of them being an afk person. Most of the time they get stuck on ######### or just stand in the same place for an entire game.

  • Nemesis has one of the best anti-loops ever. He is eating pallets like breakfast. If you are infected, pallets and vaults are not safe anymore. 3rd health state is annoying, i know but he is alright.

  • The longer I play Nemesis, the more I dislike the idea of removing the Infection SB.

  • @Pulsar said:

    The longer I play Nemesis, the more I dislike the idea of removing the Infection SB.

    Those were exactly my thoughts when I played a lot of Nemesis back then when he was released. Played him way more than just P3-50 all Perks, because I had a lot of fun playing him.

    But IMO they could think about removing the Speed Boost when being infected by a Zombie. Because sometimes the Nemesis-Player decides to not use the Tentacle and just goes for M1s to avoid giving the Survivor the Speed Boost, however, if they run into a Zombie on purpose, they will get the distance.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974662#Comment_2974662

    Those were exactly my thoughts when I played a lot of Nemesis back then when he was released. Played him way more than just P3-50 all Perks, because I had a lot of fun playing him.

    But IMO they could think about removing the Speed Boost when being infected by a Zombie. Because sometimes the Nemesis-Player decides to not use the Tentacle and just goes for M1s to avoid giving the Survivor the Speed Boost, however, if they run into a Zombie on purpose, they will get the distance.

    I would counter-offer with we keep the speed boost but fix the Zombies getting stuck on objects.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974662#Comment_2974662

    Those were exactly my thoughts when I played a lot of Nemesis back then when he was released. Played him way more than just P3-50 all Perks, because I had a lot of fun playing him.

    But IMO they could think about removing the Speed Boost when being infected by a Zombie. Because sometimes the Nemesis-Player decides to not use the Tentacle and just goes for M1s to avoid giving the Survivor the Speed Boost, however, if they run into a Zombie on purpose, they will get the distance.

    This is good QoL change for my boy. He deserves some better add-ons too. But mostly i think he is alright killer (even zombies are so stupid and stucks around).

  • That's not a good idea

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974713#Comment_2974713

    I would counter-offer with we keep the speed boost but fix the Zombies getting stuck on objects.

    Honestly, Zombies are such a strange thing. When I play Nemesis, the first thing they do is go to the corner of the Map. When I play Survivor, it feels like there are at least 4 Zombies running around, with one of them spawning next to the first Gen I am doing.

    But most of the time I ignore the Zombies when playing Nemesis, I just use them for tiering up, once this is done, I am fine with them doing anything.

    @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974713#Comment_2974713

    This is good QoL change for my boy. He deserves some better add-ons too. But mostly i think he is alright killer (even zombies are so stupid and stucks around).

    Yeah, some Add-Ons can be changed. I am only using the Infection Rate-Add-Ons most of the time.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974717#Comment_2974717

    Honestly, Zombies are such a strange thing. When I play Nemesis, the first thing they do is go to the corner of the Map. When I play Survivor, it feels like there are at least 4 Zombies running around, with one of them spawning next to the first Gen I am doing.

    But most of the time I ignore the Zombies when playing Nemesis, I just use them for tiering up, once this is done, I am fine with them doing anything.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974718#Comment_2974718

    Yeah, some Add-Ons can be changed. I am only using the Infection Rate-Add-Ons most of the time.

    They're just soooooo inconsistent.

    I'd rather they be either consistently bad or consistently good so we can balance around that instead of this weird limbo where BHVR seems to think that Zombie add-ons are good.

  • @Impailer said:

    I find it absolutely asinine to infect a survivor and they get distance with a free sprint burst. The current iteration is flawed. I believe if you get a survivor infected they should lose a health state while getting infected or lose the speed burst while getting infected.

    I think that at least they shouldnt get any sprint burst.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974722#Comment_2974722

    They're just soooooo inconsistent.

    I'd rather they be either consistently bad or consistently good so we can balance around that instead of this weird limbo where BHVR seems to think that Zombie add-ons are good.

    Or better yet, delete the Zombies and make Contamination actually threatening

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974723#Comment_2974723

    Or better yet, delete the Zombies and make Contamination actually threatening

    I really love zombies, at least as idea. But they are so useless. If they fix Zombie AI and makes them useful, i would love Nemesis more. He is already my fav killer.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974723#Comment_2974723

    Or better yet, delete the Zombies and make Contamination actually threatening

    Contamination is threatening.

    Get Infected, now pallets and loops are pretty unsafe.

    Jungle gyms, L-T's, regular gyms are all unsafe 50/50's now.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974727#Comment_2974727

    Contamination is threatening.

    Get Infected, now pallets and loops are pretty unsafe.

    Jungle gyms, L-T's, regular gyms are all unsafe 50/50's now.

    I'm talking about it doing something outside of chases, and having infinite T-Virus Cures.


    With the way Nemesis' Tentacle Strike currently works, I don't see this working, but if the devs ever reworked Nemesis, they hould 100% remove his Zombies, make Contamination threatening in the 1v4 aspect and give him some kind of antiloop that doesn't require the Survivors to be contaminated to work

  • Remove zombies. Give a single shot rocket launcher which deals a health state if Nemesis hits close enough say within 0.3 meters.

    Increase the hindered on tentacle to one second as a start and see how it goes from there.

  • The zombie ai is bad for a reason if you improved them and made them competent it would make them overwhelming and arguably way worse then a nemsis slaping you for a health state. These are the kinda posts i know are gonna look awful 3 years from now when they inevitably improve the zombie ai and everyone starts whinging how there is no counterplay.

    Take the speed boost off the tentacle attack at least. Being able to get so much distance is a huge problem for nemsis. By having 3 health states be the default nemsis is encouraged to tunnel which is bad design. I d sooner take a nerf to the tentacles start up and an actual injure infection on hit. (Make it so you can't down the survivor with the tentacle unless there infected). Its brazenly dumb to leave nemsis as is. He losses to sheer number of health states he has to go through has zero mobility and has terrible add ons.

    Hes such an undercooked killer its pathetic. The fact hes based on one of the most famous icons of horror video games is a disgrace shame on this hack design.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2974722#Comment_2974722

    They're just soooooo inconsistent.

    I'd rather they be either consistently bad or consistently good so we can balance around that instead of this weird limbo where BHVR seems to think that Zombie add-ons are good.

    Yesterday my zombie got stuck in the middle of rotten fields. No obstacles, nothing just standard still half the match in the corn until i purposely went there and reset it :|

  • Yesterday The zombies Face camped two gens shack and a hook 1 scouted a pallet ,it was great. Some times they suck but they always do funny stuff however if I kill them it's like they get angry at me and won't help.

    The speed boost never bothered me.

  • Nemesis is fine. The only reason he hasn't been nerfed yet is specifically because of this interaction. That is extremely good, he can fly under the radar by players who do not want that drawback despite how ludicrously powerful he is (relative to other killers, anyway).

  • Nemesis is actually really good. He doesn't need any changes. You get tentacle hits at places you otherwise wouldn't; the speed boost balances this out.

  • I think the speed boost should stay since it adds a small amount of delay to an otherwise pretty oppressive chasing power

  • There is a point where you're kinda forced into endgame builds with Nemo precisely because of the additional health state survivors have and the consequently extended chase times in the earlier stages of a match. Though, eventually a combination of mutation III and no more vaccines will make survivors drop fairly quickly if they're not pretty good at playing very safe. The question is when that stage is reached; against survivors who don't know how to deal with Nemo and/or don't have much experience in chase in general it usually happens fairly early; usually shortly before or after the first gen is done. Against survivors who know how to deal with Nemo and know how to play it safe, it usually happens during egc - if at all. Only way, imho, to avoid the latter scenario consistently is a very heavy slow down build and/or the few really good add-ons he has. Having to follow a certain meta to make a killer viable ... isn't something I'm a fan of. Maybe a middle ground between entirely removing the speed boost (that's op, considering his anti-loop potential in the mid to late stages of a match) and not removing it at all could be to greatly reduce the speed boost during mutation I only.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Nemesis has one of the best anti-loops ever. He is eating pallets like breakfast. If you are infected, pallets and vaults are not safe anymore. 3rd health state is annoying, i know but he is alright.

    Only 2 heath state if you use fist but the testacle is very good antiloop so it would be overpowered if 2 hits would be enough.

  • @Zarathos said:

    The zombie ai is bad for a reason if you improved them and made them competent it would make them overwhelming and arguably way worse then a nemsis slaping you for a health state. These are the kinda posts i know are gonna look awful 3 years from now when they inevitably improve the zombie ai and everyone starts whinging how there is no counterplay.

    Take the speed boost off the tentacle attack at least. Being able to get so much distance is a huge problem for nemsis. By having 3 health states be the default nemsis is encouraged to tunnel which is bad design. I d sooner take a nerf to the tentacles start up and an actual injure infection on hit. (Make it so you can't down the survivor with the tentacle unless there infected). Its brazenly dumb to leave nemsis as is. He losses to sheer number of health states he has to go through has zero mobility and has terrible add ons.

    Hes such an undercooked killer its pathetic. The fact hes based on one of the most famous icons of horror video games is a disgrace shame on this hack design.

    It's strange how BHVR would put in AI and make them intentionally awful. Why put in something that isn't going to work? I'd honestly trade them out for better add-ons. Licker tongue for example only adds .2 seconds of hinder, change that to .5 or something. Currently, it's honestly negligible considering the cool down time of tentacle strike. Pyramid Head has add-ons that increase his M2 attack distance, so that would be nice to have also.