BT and BBQ is among the perks on the chopping block

I know people sometimes body block with BT which was kind of a problem but both of those perks i kinda consider pretty innocent.

What are your thoughts on those 2? Are those somehow more annoying/ powerful than i realized? Is BT considered a 2nd chance perk?

Comments

  • Borrowed time is becoming a base mechanic for survivors, so it needs reworked regardless.


    Barbecue is mostly just used for the BP. No idea why they do not know that, but whatever. Very little will change unless they nerf the BP gain, and even if they do, the grind reduction makes BBQ less relevant anyways.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Borrowed time is becoming a base mechanic for survivors, so it needs reworked regardless.

    Barbecue is mostly just used for the BP. No idea why they do not know that, but whatever. Very little will change unless they nerf the BP gain, and even if they do, the grind reduction makes BBQ less relevant anyways.

    Did we get a confirmation on base mechanic changes? Pretty neat if we did. Are they moving corrupt to base as well? That would be amazing <3

  • I am still wondering what perks will be given to replace their basekit inclusion

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957496#Comment_2957496

    Did we get a confirmation on base mechanic changes? Pretty neat if we did. Are they moving corrupt to base as well? That would be amazing <3

    They said in the Anniversary Stream that alongside the Perk-Reworks there will be some small basekit changes. We can pretty much confirm that something against camping will become basekit from a previous Q&A. (But it does not mean it will 100% come like this)

    But for the rest, no idea yet if and what will change.

  • I wouldn’t be surprised if they just remove the BP bonus from BBQ and then leave it alone. At first I was thinking “please don’t remove the points it’s not an OP perk” but the more I think about it, the progression rework makes that less important anyways. And the aura reading is not overpowered at all.

  • Give us more perks that affect BP gains for specific actions like ending chases quickly, using powers effectively, or survivor support actions like team heals. Encourage good gameplay by bribing us. More options would mean more perk variety.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if they just remove the BP bonus from BBQ and then leave it alone. At first I was thinking “please don’t remove the points it’s not an OP perk” but the more I think about it, the progression rework makes that less important anyways. And the aura reading is not overpowered at all.

    IMO with the massive grind reduction the Bonus-BP can easily be removed. Bringing a Killer vom P0 to P3 and getting all their Perks on every other Killer is a huge improvement. Same for Survivors (even if it is a bit sad that I have 0 reason now to play any other Survivor than my Main).

    And my biggest gripe with BBQ was always that it should be an incentive to not tunnel or camp, but even if the Killer does that, they still get double BPs.

    However, if they remove the BP-Bonus from BBQ, they would probably also remove it from WGLF and then they would probably need to give it another effect. Like, only Aura Read for BBQ is still ok (not great, but also not weak), but Speed Increase while healing people on the ground is a bit lackluster.

  • @ColonGlock said:

    Give us more perks that affect BP gains for specific actions like ending chases quickly, using powers effectively, or survivor support actions like team heals. Encourage good gameplay by bribing us. More options would mean more perk variety.

    I would 100% run a 4 bp gain perks build on pretty much all my games lol

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2957550#Comment_2957550

    IMO with the massive grind reduction the Bonus-BP can easily be removed. Bringing a Killer vom P0 to P3 and getting all their Perks on every other Killer is a huge improvement. Same for Survivors (even if it is a bit sad that I have 0 reason now to play any other Survivor than my Main).

    And my biggest gripe with BBQ was always that it should be an incentive to not tunnel or camp, but even if the Killer does that, they still get double BPs.

    However, if they remove the BP-Bonus from BBQ, they would probably also remove it from WGLF and then they would probably need to give it another effect. Like, only Aura Read for BBQ is still ok (not great, but also not weak), but Speed Increase while healing people on the ground is a bit lackluster.

    I don’t even think WGLF would be that bad without the bonus points, but definitely more niche than BBQ’s effect since you need the killer to slug in order to use it. So yeah, it could maybe use something else, not sure what would be best tbh. But we’ll see what they end up doing with BBQ.

  • There’s not a single killer perk that too strong. Gen slowdown perks are stacked coz gen speeds are way too fast. Survivor perks like dead hard, circle of healing and prove thyself need major changes.

  • @Yippiekiyah said:

    There’s not a single killer perk that too strong. Gen slowdown perks are stacked coz gen speeds are way too fast. Survivor perks like dead hard, circle of healing and prove thyself need major changes.

    Yeah, you cannot expect to get the Survivor-Meta nuked and the Killer-Meta staying untouched.

    Killrates are still not low at all. If you would cut down chases by nerfing Survivor-Perks, Slowdown-Perks would need to go.

  • I don't care what they do to any survivor perk as long as some loadouts allow for aggressive and fun plays. I want games to be eventful, and if I can achieve MVP status by my own doing and not completely by luck or RNG, I'll be fine.