Dbd 6th Anniversary Megathread

The 6th anniversary broadcast will soon begin! This thread is dedicated to players inputting their real-time reactions during the broadcast.


Go!

Comments

  • Bots have been added! Finally!

  • Streamer mode 🤔

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    any prestige changes? Like not losing inventory? I don't wanna lose the 90 bloody party streamers on my p1 jake

    If I remember correctly you get to keep all of your items and you're also allowed to prestige way past tier 3. Once you prestige someone you unlock their teachables in the other bloodwebs. I'm not sure if that's an auto unlock or if you still have to find them though.

  • btw if you guys wanna go reading

    Six years, we’ve been in The Fog. It’s surreal to reflect on those early days, where the playable characters totalled to four Survivors and three Killers. Considering the size of today’s roster – which has officially welcomed newcomers The Dredge and Haddie Kaur – it might be hard to imagine a time where the perk pool wasn’t quite so deep.
    Another year of Dead by Daylight has come and gone, and we can’t wait to show you everything coming to the game in Year 7. As you might have seen during our Anniversary broadcast, we intend on bringing several new Quality of Life features into the game.


    Since we first announced a Memento Mori rework during last year’s Anniversary Broadcast, the Design Team has been prototyping and playtesting several different options. Today, we are thrilled to share details on an exciting change to the mori system, tentatively slated for release later this year.
    As you might know, Dead by Daylight’s META (most effective tools available) has been an ongoing topic of discussion for some time. Since the arrival of our SBMM system (skill-based matchmaking, also commonly referred to as “MMR/Matchmaking Rating”) we have heard concerns about an absence of variety within matches, with perk repetition often cited as a primary grievance.

    these are kinda massive id reccommend it summary is gonna be massive

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2955488#Comment_2955488

    ...I was really buying their analysis of high level perk usage before they said Self-Care was a common perk in high MMR. Because what? Self-Care is ubiquitous at low level play, but in high level play, it's secondary levels of common at best. CoH is far more common than Self-Care.

    The Self-Care usage may be due to different regions having different metas maybe? Or maybe the MMR cap is very low and easy to reach. Otherwise I also can not really think why Self-Care would be one of the most common perks at high MMR. Unless maybe they accidently tracked how often Survivors are healing themselves, and it's counting self-heals from medkits / Circle Of Healing as Self-Care?

    Overall, unbelievably promising first segment. A little worried about how the perk overhaul will go, but equally excited; mostly I'm hoping it focuses more on buffing undertuned perks than nerfing everything that's good.

    (Some) nerfs are likely needed, otherwise there is a real risk of powercreep. If you want to see what powercreep can do to a game look at Hearthstone or Guild Wars 2.

    🦆🦂

    I hope you're right about CoH erroneously counting as Self-Care. Otherwise, Self-Care just doesn't make any sense unless this is pre-CoH data. CoH is a better Self-Care that sacrifices a little startup time for a ton more utility. I used to see Self-Care at higher levels on occasion, but now it's almost purely CoH.

    I very much agree with nerfs being needed - some perks are just too good at what they do - but of the top perks they brought up, I don't personally believe that many of them need a nerf at all. At least half? Not BBQ, not Corrupt, not Self Care, not BT, not Unbreakable. Meanwhile, the reason many perks go unused is because they simply don't do anything worthwhile, or they're paler reflections of another perk that does its job better. Forty perks makes it look like they plan on doing both, but I do hope they're not going to try and completely trash the existing meta in hopes that people will start running Solidarity and Rookie Spirit - especially without taking a good look at why it's meta. Like, if BT gets destroyed but there's no equal pushback to hard camping, problems are going to crop up really quickly.

  • GIGXLM3G - 100,000 BP

  • new code GIGXLM3G for 100k BP

  • DBD ATTACK ON TITAN CROSSOVER NO WAYYYYYYYYYYY


    (cosmetics only tho)

  • Attack on Titan oh wow

  • @Slowpeach said:

    Yeah... if they nerf BBQ because it gets used too much that's classic 'management' decision. Looking at stats and numbers and not understanding the reason for them.

    I wouldn't use BBQ if it wasn't for the BP boost. Honestly for We're gunna live forever and BBQ their boosts should just be default anyway.

    SO much this. BBQ's aura reading only benefits a handful of my killers, and even then I'd probably replace it with FOR if I could. I use it for the BP.

    A few raised my eyebrows, but a lot of this is very positive. I especially like the loadouts, the queue incentive (this is such a big deal to me, as I play at odd times of day) and the addition of bots (finally I can learn a new killer without getting my face caved in).

  • I really was not expecting my favorite anime to have a crossover, what

  • Huh. Not an AoT fan, but it fits pretty damn well in DBD. I'll be pretty interested to see what outfits we get, though like with CryptTV, it's almost sad that we couldn't get a full chapter out of it, because there's definitely promise in the concept.

  • THE WHEEZE I GOT FROM SEEING AOT HOLY ######### HAHAHA

  • oh ok nvm, that's just for cosmetics. I was afraid they would make a whole aot chapter


  • Screenshot (854).png

    What alternate universe are we in?

  • image.png

    FOr Oni

    Why am I so excited for this I'm not even into anime what

  • Screenshot_20220517-131604_YouTube.jpg

    New legendary for Oni!

  • like this

    image.png image.png image.png

    zarina oni dwight in that order

  • yassss Haddie

  • Ah.

    What I'm most curious about is...well, *scale*.

    As cool as the idea of tromping around the map as a massive creature, I'm not sure how that would play out mechanically. Especially indoors XD.

  • image.png

    SHE LOOKS SO GOOD

  • This is my kind of killer!

  • Ooh, the Dredge looks like it's going to have really wild cosmetic options. I rather like that - feels like the art department might have the opportunity to go nuts with this one in a way beyond what we've seen with the other killers.

    Absolutely love the new survivor, oh my god, I've been avoiding spoilers as best I can and this reveal was worth it

  • I just realised she has piebaldism. That's so cool.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Ooh, the Dredge looks like it's going to have really wild cosmetic options. I rather like that - feels like the art department might have the opportunity to go nuts with this one in a way beyond what we've seen with the other killers.

    Absolutely love the new survivor, oh my god, I've been avoiding spoilers as best I can and this reveal was worth it

    A bit sad - the name made me think we'd finally be getting a plant based killer.

    Still, those mechanics sound nutty.

  • OMG right ok so new realm is a patchwork of memories type of place so they can go back to it with other characters so there's a chance for All-Kill map

  • Wheezing at the acknowledgement that healing in this game is just really good backrubs

  • That Artist mask looked pretty well, Artist might finally be getting a good head cosmetic that isn't a recolor

  • I wonder if the reskins to the killer shack have anything to do with that brightly glowing shack bug a month or so back.

    A little disappointed that there won't be unlocks for every single character, but the glimpse of the cosmetics we got look really intricate and I look forward to collecting them! Need that Huntress mask yesterday. And I tend to play a friendly killer when there's cakes flying, so I'm prepared to bring a boombox some sweet Mixtape tunes with Legion while I grab these pedestals.

    That Haddie outfit looks lit.

  • PLEASE GIVE US OPEN HANDED IN THE SHRINE

  • Holy #########, is the dating sim real or am I just really high right now

  • On my way to romance Wraith

  • "...how thirsty they are for... um... new background and stories about our characters."

    Yeah, that's one way to explain the community. Holy ######### I've entered the wrong timeline. This is blursed. I'm horrified and I can't wait to see where this trainwreck is going.

  • hm. Can't say that I'm surprised, tbh.

  • trapper and wraith in the dating sim my gay ass won

  • Watching Cote in his Hawaiian shirt talking about the Dating Sim is like watching a dad try to talk about sex to his teenage kid for the first time. He looks kind of uncomfortable but he's trying to be a good parent. 😄

  • If the unique charm for owning Hooked On You isn't "bonk, go to horny jail", I'm going to be very disappointed. God, I still can't wrap my mind around the world I'm living in. I hate that I'm going to buy this.

    What was that pan-out on Cote's feet

  • The Mathieu Côté feet close up 😐️

  • I don't understand how unlocking perks with prestige works.


    So I have to get trapper to level 50 three times in order to have the good versions of his perks? I can't get the max level of a perk unless I buy it three times on the shrine? Is that 6000 shards then? I just don't understand how this is less grindy than before.

  • That's a wrap! Solid anniversary.

  • Pretty great stream overall and the way they did the dating sim announcement was hilarious. I actually feel really excited for once thanks to the meta perk patch. I really didn't think they would ever do something like this.

1 2 3