I Have Solved the Nurse Disparity

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Deathslinger gets nerfed, I say "Duck it." Determine which killer is most punishing once mastered since my baby was taken from me, settle on Nurse. Blight was a close second but bouncy-boy just doesn't appease me aesthetically or canonically.

Does not go well. Get spanked. Get spanked many times.

Obviously, this must be the Nurse learning curve everyone talks about. I stay the course. Which, FYI, was about 50 hours. Continue to improve. Don't always 4k but win so consistently now that I find myself sad when I don't find some sweaty boys to practice with.

I legit can't find the sweaty boys. They've been nowhere to be found. Find survivors just rolling over and dying for the dumbest of reasons.

Go, "Hmm." Hop on a game of Deathslinger. Get world's sweatiest boys. Come to a conclusion:

Nurse <-> Survivor relationship is unique. Like Blight <-> Survivor relationship. Also like Yvone Strahovsky <-> My Dreams.

So every game I'm spanked I get what, 30 chases? I get duped by a clever LOS play maybe ten times? The number doesn't matter and that's the point. Each survivor gets some approximation of a fourth of what I get. That's the difference. I play Nurse all the time. What survivors play against Nurse as frequently? Some survivors are so far behind they feel Nurse is unapproachable and they give up. Lordy, I have been traumatized by the DC spam to the point that I pity hatch almost every game. Anytime they encounter a nurse it is that asymmetrical exposure to the killer that almost guarantees the killer they're facing is going to poo-poo on them.

So, TLDR, Nurse players get magnitudes more exposure to the relationship than any individual survivor. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

True TLDR, git gud.

Comments

  • yeah lots of people dc against nurse.

    kinda like how if u stare at a survivor on first hook for about 20 seconds as bubba theres a 60% chance they'll just immediately kill themselves.

  • Nah im pretty sure nurse is pretty easy but requires a good pc to play smoothly and not a lot of people have those.


    Used to get hard frame drops/ lag a good amount of time when i blink on my last pc. Now that i have a new one every game is a breeze while im just chilling.

    Im sure there are survivors that can run me for 5 gens still but im not getting those in pubs and mmr is capped anyway.

    Nurse is genuinely easy if you have a good rig but since the vast majority of players dont have that she is unlikely to be a problem.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Nah im pretty sure nurse is pretty easy but requires a good pc to play smoothly and not a lot of people have those.

    Used to get hard frame drops/ lag a good amount of time when i blink on my last pc. Now that i have a new one every game is a breeze while im just chilling.

    Im sure there are survivors that can run me for 5 gens still but im not getting those in pubs and mmr is capped anyway.

    Nurse is genuinely easy if you have a good rig but since the vast majority of players dont have that she is unlikely to be a problem.

    And of course, you also have your 'Fresh Take' people who think she's easy as pie and it was something else all along. I did not forget about them when I was writing my novella. I just don't give a hoot about that opinion.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953263#Comment_2953263

    And of course, you also have your 'Fresh Take' people who think she's easy as pie and it was something else all along. I did not forget about them when I was writing my novella. I just don't give a hoot about that opinion.

    I mean compared to artist or blight, she might as well be bubba. Hell she is easier than twins and i say that as a nurse main

  • Pretty much. Survivors aren't exposed to Nurse very often, let alone good ones, and her chase mechanics are unique. It leads players to conclude that she's OP because she "ignores" mechanics you shouldn't be attempting against her in the first place.

    It's a mechanics heavy chase where your goal is to buy 60-80 seconds by the time you get hooked. It's a fantastic Nurse run if you've done that. But people think they should be able to no-hit run every killer, not to mention the fact that none of these players do that to any other killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pretty much. Survivors aren't exposed to Nurse very often, let alone good ones, and her chase mechanics are unique. It leads players to conclude that she's OP because she "ignores" mechanics you shouldn't be attempting against her in the first place.

    It's a mechanics heavy chase where your goal is to buy 60-80 seconds by the time you get hooked. It's a fantastic Nurse run if you've done that. But people think they should be able to no-hit run every killer, not to mention the fact that none of these players do that to any other killer.

    It's the misinformation that drives me looney. At the time of writing this there are several other Nurse threads in the top 4 pages and they're just loaded with people making ######### up. It's okay to feel like the Nurse learning curve is unfair. It's frontloaded for the killer and backlogged for the survivors so there is definitely an issue.

    But - How can these fools learn if all they do is DC and suicide on hook when they have a bad game. I sincerely hope I have not reached the peak of current MMR and this is all the survivors have to offer.

    Edit: BTW that audio setup is the tits footsteps aren't a problem anymore 😁

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953274#Comment_2953274

    It's the misinformation that drives me looney. At the time of writing this there are several other Nurse threads in the top 4 pages and they're just loaded with people making ######### up. It's okay to feel like the Nurse learning curve is unfair. It's frontloaded for the killer and backlogged for the survivors so there is definitely an issue.

    But - How can these fools learn if all they do is DC and suicide on hook when they have a bad game. I sincerely hope I have not reached the peak of current MMR and this is all the survivors have to offer.

    Edit: BTW that audio setup is the tits footsteps aren't a problem anymore 😁

    The misinformation is hard to combat. The last people players want to hear from on counterplay are the people who actually play the killer, which is odd. Players assume perfect Nurse play at all times and average survivor play at all times.

    As far as matchmaking...yeah, there aren't many good players out there. You're going to have to play comp or do 1v1s with comp players if you want a consistent challenge on Nurse. Public matches aren't it.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    Ladies and Gentlemen,

    Deathslinger gets nerfed, I say "Duck it." Determine which killer is most punishing once mastered since my baby was taken from me, settle on Nurse. Blight was a close second but bouncy-boy just doesn't appease me aesthetically or canonically.

    Does not go well. Get spanked. Get spanked many times.

    Obviously, this must be the Nurse learning curve everyone talks about. I stay the course. Which, FYI, was about 50 hours. Continue to improve. Don't always 4k but win so consistently now that I find myself sad when I don't find some sweaty boys to practice with.

    I legit can't find the sweaty boys. They've been nowhere to be found. Find survivors just rolling over and dying for the dumbest of reasons.

    Go, "Hmm." Hop on a game of Deathslinger. Get world's sweatiest boys. Come to a conclusion:

    Nurse <-> Survivor relationship is unique. Like Blight <-> Survivor relationship. Also like Yvone Strahovsky <-> My Dreams.

    So every game I'm spanked I get what, 30 chases? I get duped by a clever LOS play maybe ten times? The number doesn't matter and that's the point. Each survivor gets some approximation of a fourth of what I get. That's the difference. I play Nurse all the time. What survivors play against Nurse as frequently? Some survivors are so far behind they feel Nurse is unapproachable and they give up. Lordy, I have been traumatized by the DC spam to the point that I pity hatch almost every game. Anytime they encounter a nurse it is that asymmetrical exposure to the killer that almost guarantees the killer they're facing is going to poo-poo on them.

    So, TLDR, Nurse players get magnitudes more exposure to the relationship than any individual survivor. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

    True TLDR, git gud.

    Usually, the most difficult survivors are found between 20:00 and 22:00 (EU). You need to have won several games for this, as you did.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953267#Comment_2953267

    I mean compared to artist or blight, she might as well be bubba. Hell she is easier than twins and i say that as a nurse main

    That’s a misleading statement. Nurse is “easier” in the sense that she has a far better chance of mindgaming and downing than other killers. Twins are only harder in the sense that it is literally impossible to win in some situations. That’s more game limitation and artificial difficulty.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    Nah im pretty sure nurse is pretty easy but requires a good pc to play smoothly and not a lot of people have those.

    Used to get hard frame drops/ lag a good amount of time when i blink on my last pc. Now that i have a new one every game is a breeze while im just chilling.

    Im sure there are survivors that can run me for 5 gens still but im not getting those in pubs and mmr is capped anyway.

    Nurse is genuinely easy if you have a good rig but since the vast majority of players dont have that she is unlikely to be a problem.

    I don't think nurse is easy by any means, but I agree she's definitely far more difficult to play if your game isn't smooth. I tried to learn her a long while ago, it was a bit laggy and difficult but I made some progress, then the RE chapter happened and i literally can't play her anymore bc my PC can't run DBD anywhere close to smoothly (or run it at all some days..) Every time I blink my frames drop, my screen freezes for half a second and my PC dies a little inside.

    @foxsansbox said:

    Ladies and Gentlemen,

    Deathslinger gets nerfed, I say "Duck it." Determine which killer is most punishing once mastered since my baby was taken from me, settle on Nurse. Blight was a close second but bouncy-boy just doesn't appease me aesthetically or canonically.

    Does not go well. Get spanked. Get spanked many times.

    Obviously, this must be the Nurse learning curve everyone talks about. I stay the course. Which, FYI, was about 50 hours. Continue to improve. Don't always 4k but win so consistently now that I find myself sad when I don't find some sweaty boys to practice with.

    I legit can't find the sweaty boys. They've been nowhere to be found. Find survivors just rolling over and dying for the dumbest of reasons.

    Go, "Hmm." Hop on a game of Deathslinger. Get world's sweatiest boys. Come to a conclusion:

    Nurse <-> Survivor relationship is unique. Like Blight <-> Survivor relationship. Also like Yvone Strahovsky <-> My Dreams.

    So every game I'm spanked I get what, 30 chases? I get duped by a clever LOS play maybe ten times? The number doesn't matter and that's the point. Each survivor gets some approximation of a fourth of what I get. That's the difference. I play Nurse all the time. What survivors play against Nurse as frequently? Some survivors are so far behind they feel Nurse is unapproachable and they give up. Lordy, I have been traumatized by the DC spam to the point that I pity hatch almost every game. Anytime they encounter a nurse it is that asymmetrical exposure to the killer that almost guarantees the killer they're facing is going to poo-poo on them.

    So, TLDR, Nurse players get magnitudes more exposure to the relationship than any individual survivor. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

    True TLDR, git gud.

    Also it disheartens me to hear about Nurses being fed DCs for breakfast, lunch and dinner, she's by far my favorite killer to go against, even when they're so good we all die within two minutes. It's a bit sad bc you don't get to be chased much but it's always impressive to witness (and the game ends quicker than the DC penalty so what's the point of DCing, really?)

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953267#Comment_2953267

    I mean compared to artist or blight, she might as well be bubba. Hell she is easier than twins and i say that as a nurse main

    Shes easy if you have the ability to read/predict survivors and mind game. These skills apply to all killers, not just her. So any killer main that has been playing for a while could pick her up and do pretty well. Obviously, there is the skill that is knowing how long your blink will go, and pulling off precise blinks. This, however, is quite easy compared to killers that require a lot of mechanical skill and not as much game sense. Like huntress, blight, and hillbilly. These killers' kits still benefit from good gamesense, just not as much as nurse.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953269#Comment_2953269

    Shes easy if you have the ability to read/predict survivors and mind game. These skills apply to all killers, not just her. So any killer main that has been playing for a while could pick her up and do pretty well. Obviously, there is the skill that is knowing how long your blink will go, and pulling off precise blinks. This, however, is quite easy compared to killers that require a lot of mechanical skill and not as much game sense. Like huntress, blight, and hillbilly. These killers' kits still benefit from good gamesense, just not as much as nurse.

    When someone drops into a thread like this to dismiss the premise with the idea that a "Hard to play character is easy." - That person is not well-intentioned. He's just looking to flex a little.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954022#Comment_2954022

    When someone drops into a thread like this to dismiss the premise with the idea that a "Hard to play character is easy." - That person is not well-intentioned. He's just looking to flex a little.

    Do you guys genuinely think nurse is harder than blight or artist. Or hell do you think she is harder than billy? Are you guys serious or are you trolling? Sure she is harder to learn than a basic m1 killer but there are killers in game that are far harder than nurse. Compared to those killers, nurse is far easier.

    Just because she is insanely good doesnt mean you need an insane amount of skill to play her. According to OP they became pretty good at her in 50 hours, thats less than 1 week of play. Do you think that merits calling her hard? Are you all insane?

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954064#Comment_2954064

    Do you guys genuinely think nurse is harder than blight or artist. Or hell do you think she is harder than billy? Are you guys serious or are you trolling? Sure she is harder to learn than a basic m1 killer but there are killers in game that are far harder than nurse. Compared to those killers, nurse is far easier.

    Just because she is insanely good doesnt mean you need an insane amount of skill to play her. According to OP they became pretty good at her in 50 hours, thats less than 1 week of play. Do you think that merits calling her hard? Are you all insane?

    You are conflating and missing the point entirely - which is exactly why your responses look like some weak flex.

    Sure, there are plenty of killers who are hard to play, but they are not meaningfully harder. As it has been pointed out several times across many, many threads - most of us agree Blight and Billy (Thanks to his chainsaw nonsense) are somewhere up their with Nurse in terms of difficulty. Positions on the ladder are really negligible at that point.

    However, we don't act delusional and call Nurse easy. That wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread is Nurse's interaction with survivors is more unique than Billy's or Blights or Artists, and that is absolutely true. That, coupled with her learning curve, presents a unique scenario. Problem?

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954070#Comment_2954070

    You are conflating and missing the point entirely - which is exactly why your responses look like some weak flex.

    Sure, there are plenty of killers who are hard to play, but they are not meaningfully harder. As it has been pointed out several times across many, many threads - most of us agree Blight and Billy (Thanks to his chainsaw nonsense) are somewhere up their with Nurse in terms of difficulty. Positions on the ladder are really negligible at that point.

    However, we don't act delusional and call Nurse easy. That wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread is Nurse's interaction with survivors is more unique than Billy's or Blights or Artists, and that is absolutely true. That, coupled with her learning curve, presents a unique scenario. Problem?

    As some one who tried all of the mentioned characters Nurse genuinely and sincerely feels way easier. Blight even without tricks like hug techs is imo times harder than nurse.

    Landing a snipe with artist feels harder than literally any and all things nurse can possibly do. It feels nonbrainer to me that artists skill ceiling is miles above nurses.

    Hell even with killers like twins there are so many things to consider when playing with 2 characters, the spatial awareness required to reorient yourself quickly and use both Victor and Charlotte from different angles in a single chase. The decision making behind when to play those 2 together and when to keep them seperated. Not even getting into all the trick shots with victor that to me seems way harder than nurses blinks.

    I am not flexing when i say i genuinely think nurse is way easier than those killers. And to me it feels like you guys are stroking your egos by insisting she is as hard as those killers. I am not saying she is on the same level as trapper, she is definitely more skill intensive but cmon guys ... she is no blight ffs.

  • I haven't seen a nurse for like 3 weeks or more what's happening?

  • One day nurse mains will stop circlejerking around the idea that she's sooooooo difficult to play bruh trust me

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954080#Comment_2954080

    As some one who tried all of the mentioned characters Nurse genuinely and sincerely feels way easier. Blight even without tricks like hug techs is imo times harder than nurse.

    Landing a snipe with artist feels harder than literally any and all things nurse can possibly do. It feels nonbrainer to me that artists skill ceiling is miles above nurses.

    Hell even with killers like twins there are so many things to consider when playing with 2 characters, the spatial awareness required to reorient yourself quickly and use both Victor and Charlotte from different angles in a single chase. The decision making behind when to play those 2 together and when to keep them seperated. Not even getting into all the trick shots with victor that to me seems way harder than nurses blinks.

    I am not flexing when i say i genuinely think nurse is way easier than those killers. And to me it feels like you guys are stroking your egos by insisting she is as hard as those killers. I am not saying she is on the same level as trapper, she is definitely more skill intensive but cmon guys ... she is no blight ffs.

    Again, this thread is not about who is the most difficult to play. It's irrelevant.

    And also wrong, but mostly irrelevant.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954096#Comment_2954096

    Again, this thread is not about who is the most difficult to play. It's irrelevant.

    And also wrong, but mostly irrelevant.

    Alright let me leave you to your circlejerk, have a good time.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954113#Comment_2954113

    Alright let me leave you to your circlejerk, have a good time.

    There was one other poster besides myself before you commented in what, based on your continued off-topicness, I can only assume is an attempt to derail the thread, because you're still on about an imaginary circle-jerk. You do you.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954064#Comment_2954064

    Do you guys genuinely think nurse is harder than blight or artist. Or hell do you think she is harder than billy? Are you guys serious or are you trolling? Sure she is harder to learn than a basic m1 killer but there are killers in game that are far harder than nurse. Compared to those killers, nurse is far easier.

    Just because she is insanely good doesnt mean you need an insane amount of skill to play her. According to OP they became pretty good at her in 50 hours, thats less than 1 week of play. Do you think that merits calling her hard? Are you all insane?

    Blight and Billy are debatable, but she's absolutely more difficult than the Artist. I feel like a broken record, but matchmaking is terrible coupled with the fact that most survivors are really bad at Nurse chases. It might take 50-100 hrs just to run into a player who understands Nurse chase mechanics. Her difficulty scales with the survivors more than other killers because she's less affected by maps. There's a massive skill gap in survivor play between average survivors and great survivors when it comes to Nurse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pretty much. Survivors aren't exposed to Nurse very often, let alone good ones, and her chase mechanics are unique. It leads players to conclude that she's OP because she "ignores" mechanics you shouldn't be attempting against her in the first place.

    It's a mechanics heavy chase where your goal is to buy 60-80 seconds by the time you get hooked. It's a fantastic Nurse run if you've done that. But people think they should be able to no-hit run every killer, not to mention the fact that none of these players do that to any other killer.

    the "no-hit run" argument is my most "#########" when people dc against my Trickster. "You just eventually get downed by him" - like as opposed to never go doing to a killer chasing you? What game are these ppl playing?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pretty much. Survivors aren't exposed to Nurse very often, let alone good ones, and her chase mechanics are unique. It leads players to conclude that she's OP because she "ignores" mechanics you shouldn't be attempting against her in the first place.

    It's a mechanics heavy chase where your goal is to buy 60-80 seconds by the time you get hooked. It's a fantastic Nurse run if you've done that. But people think they should be able to no-hit run every killer, not to mention the fact that none of these players do that to any other killer.

    I always seen her as more of a psychological killer.

    Well, there IS a ton of mechanics, but at the end ofthe day they all feel worthless if one side makes the incorrect read.

  • @skylerbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2953274#Comment_2953274

    the "no-hit run" argument is my most "#########" when people dc against my Trickster. "You just eventually get downed by him" - like as opposed to never go doing to a killer chasing you? What game are these ppl playing?

    Trickster's power does need a nerf, or a change at the very least. His power is so oppressive in chase theres hardly anything you can do. You can dodge huntress hatchets, pyramid head punishment, deathslinger harpoon, pinhead chains, nurse blinks, etc. He is the only ranged killer (with the exception of plague) who's power you cannot dodge. Plague is less of a problem because she can not down you with vile purge.

  • It's as you said.


    Survivors, especially the barely average ones, tend to be discouraged or rage-quit when facing a Nurse. I guess it's a question of character.

    During my ~2.5k hours, I've versed plenty of good survivors very skilled in driving me mad. But even that kind gets spanked from time to time. In the chat they then brand you a "God" Nurse. Cute but wrong.


    One hypothesis I have for the legend of the God Nurse is that something akin to the survivorship bias applies. Every relatively skilled Nurse player knows (s)he has good games, bad games and, sometimes, great games. The survivors versing the Nurse when she gets all the right predictions and never misses a blink do not seem to realize this is not how her normal games are going*.

    They know though they verse plenty of Nurses they can beat quite easily but, they think, just not that godly one. They are wrong of course. They should think "not this time".

    Of course a survivor versing a Nurse above his skill level will almost always lose, but could say it's not to be expected?


    For everyone thinking the Nurse is not really hard to use and that survivors are basically dead meat : play her. Try to win streaks of games. You may, at first. I guarantee you it won't last, not unless you've already got thousands of hours on her. You'll still get something from the experiment though. Once you start getting your ethereal backside handed to you by good survivors, you'll understand how to verse her more consistently.


    *) I'm not saying I don't win often against good survivors, I'm just saying I don't win too often and when I do it's often by a hair or the result of taking advantage of a critical mistake from the survivors.

  • @drsoontm said:

    It's as you said.

    Survivors, especially the barely average ones, tend to be discouraged or rage-quit when facing a Nurse. I guess it's a question of character.

    During my ~2.5k hours, I've versed plenty of good survivors very skilled in driving me mad. But even that kind gets spanked from time to time. In the chat they then brand you a "God" Nurse. Cute but wrong.

    One hypothesis I have for the legend of the God Nurse is that something akin to the survivorship bias applies. Every relatively skilled Nurse player knows (s)he has good games, bad games and, sometimes, great games. The survivors versing the Nurse when she gets all the right predictions and never misses a blink do not seem to realize this is not how her normal games are going*.

    They know though they verse plenty of Nurses they can beat quite easily but, they think, just not that godly one. They are wrong of course. They should think "not this time".

    Of course a survivor versing a Nurse above his skill level will almost always lose, but could say it's not to be expected?

    For everyone thinking the Nurse is not really hard to use and that survivors are basically dead meat : play her. Try to win streaks of games. You may, at first. I guarantee you it won't last, not unless you've already got thousands of hours on her. You'll still get something from the experiment though. Once you start getting your ethereal backside handed to you by good survivors, you'll understand how to verse her more consistently.

    *) I'm not saying I don't win often against good survivors, I'm just saying I don't win too often and when I do it's often by a hair or the result of taking advantage of a critical mistake from the survivors.

    That's a good point about the skill discrepancy. If I have ~4k hrs and 25k blink attacks landed, I should be demolishing players with <1000 hrs, and I do. That's normal. The game would have zero depth if relatively new players could keep up with an experienced vet. They shouldn't be matched with me in the first place.

    If I get a lobby like last night with a 6.5k hr, 3.5k, 4k, and 2k hr survivor, the game is typically a whole lot closer. They actually got all the gens done and I ended up with a 3k.

    The matchmaking for top end players needs desperate attention. People interpret these matchmaking failures as killer power issues when they shouldn't have been in that killer's lobby in the first place.

  • @hatchetChugger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2954346#Comment_2954346

    Trickster's power does need a nerf, or a change at the very least. His power is so oppressive in chase theres hardly anything you can do. You can dodge huntress hatchets, pyramid head punishment, deathslinger harpoon, pinhead chains, nurse blinks, etc. He is the only ranged killer (with the exception of plague) who's power you cannot dodge. Plague is less of a problem because she can not down you with vile purge.

    Its not about dodging him, it's about not putting yourself in the position to begin with. He has a lullaby that gives you time to get to the nearest structure. I am constantly going against squads that are mostly at structures before I can even get to them because the pre-run when they hear my lullaby. It's how you're meant to counter him.