I seriously want matchmaking fixed now

I try lowering my MMR nothing I will do anything to just do that nope it's all high skill SWF like playing killer isn't fun at this point now.

Comments

  • That's the problem with not balancing for high MMR. Most the high MMR killers quit because of the imbalance and then that lack of high MMR killers causes those high MMR survivors to trickle down as they sit in queue times and then get placed with lower and lower MMR killers.

    So by balancing around low MMR they actually end up hurting low MMR because the problem trickles down.

    This is why you balance top down, not bottom up.

  • @jamally093 said:

    I try lowering my MMR nothing I will do anything to just do that nope it's all high skill SWF like playing killer isn't fun at this point now.

    Demands won't get you anywhere in the forums or in life. Keep that in mind. We all suffer sweetie, not just you.

  • The MMR need to be touched again ASAP, I've never lost so many times in a row like these days, not even in the ranks system times, I'm constinousily being placed against better players than me even after severar defeats (killer). I think the problem is that they decreased the MMR cap, a lot of very good players are placed against average ones and they steamroll and it is aggravated by the narrowed difference of points they implemented.

    The last changes only benefict the very good players (maybe only around 5-10% of the player base).

  • I highly doubt youre playing against high skill SWF. Not with your "skill".

  • I know quite a few people that just hook all the survivors twice, and then let escape just to avoid getting into higher mmr. They say they get more BP this way, more diverse matches, and still feels like winning / playing a decent game. Especially everyone is happy in the end game screen.

    Ngl it sounds like a good idea and a much better Killer experience.

  • The game just isn't fun anymore. Too many people are bad at hiding/playing early and late in the game and run terrible perks and killers tunnel right off hooks every game. BT isn't the most used perk.

    Back to Elden Ring, Evil Dead, and wait for Texas Chainsaw. Maybe some old classic games.

  • BHVR put themselves in a pickle with how they've handled MMR and matchmaking.

    There's no incentive to have a higher MMR. There's no reason to grind to get to that point if you aren't already there. The games aren't even harder most of the time once you are at that point. So you have a more competitive player with higher killer MMR who can't be bothered to play because what's the point? I'm bored 90% of the time, challenged 10% of the time, but there's no reward for it. I love the sweatiest matches possible, but I rarely get them. A high MMR player probably doesn't need BP. You have to give players at the top an incentive to play.

    The last time I had more than 1 escape was day 3 of the matchmaking test. I want the tougher games that people complain about and rarely log on for killer because I never get them. And then players like OP get way overmatched when top end killers sit out due to boredom.

  • MMR is horrible for high level killers. These killers leave or decrease their MMR. These killers are up against weaker SoloQs. These SoloQs are getting slaughtered. These SoloQs stop playing or find a SWF. These new SWFs go up in MMR.

    Start the loop again.

  • @IamFran said:

    The MMR need to be touched again ASAP, I've never lost so many times in a row like these days, not even in the ranks system times, I'm constinousily being placed against better players than me even after severar defeats (killer). I think the problem is that they decreased the MMR cap, a lot of very good players are placed against average ones and they steamroll and it is aggravated by the narrowed difference of points they implemented.

    The last changes only benefict the very good players (maybe only around 5-10% of the player base).

    That's exactly what they wanted. Easier matches for higher level players. They even said it.

  • I thought matchmaking is completely random and MMR is just an excuse to deny killers changing in the lobby

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2947266#Comment_2947266

    That's exactly what they wanted. Easier matches for higher level players. They even said it.

    But maybe they didn't expect to be so hard for average players, when they check the data and see the average players losing so many matches (most of the playerbase) maybe they change it again by increasing the MMR cap.

  • So, now that YOU get serious about it, they will surly fix it soon.

  • My killer games seem fine for the most part. I don't mind challenging matches, I'm not bothered if I don't "win" with 3 or 4k's every time. I don't have any real complaints about it.

  • @jamally093 said:

    I try lowering my MMR nothing I will do anything to just do that nope it's all high skill SWF like playing killer isn't fun at this point now.

    Because true SWFs die on purpose to also stay low MMR with you bro ;)

    The OG way was troll and bully killer all match then jump in a locker and DC LOL

  • 1) They don't care.

    2) Even if they cared, this is the DBD dev team. They couldn't write a Sudoku software that didn't have weird game crashing bugs like writing a 3 in the top right corner leading to memory overflow.

  • id like to buy a comma please, alex.

  • I'm only just starting out... well a bit more then a few weeks ago but still less then 80 hours. I generally try to be nice, especially to obviously newer players like myself because I almost didn't continue playing after my first few experiences which I think was when they were experimenting with MMR.

    The problem I have is with matchmaking is the wild swings it has. As the easiest example, I play Legion against one group and they all split up and know I'm coming with Frenzy WAY before they could possibly know that unless they are on comms which I suspect many are in this case, which is fine of course, survive with friends isn't an issue I care about.

    On the other hand, the very next game I'm matched with people who don't mend from deep wound and easily allow me to chain 4 hits and the instadown and then 3 of them are on the ground. I then feel bad about killing them because the tutorial does such a crappy job at explaining this stuff to people. Either way feels bad, especially for someone who tries to make the game fun for others. I don't care about winning, I just want everyone to have a relatively good time.

    I was sort of hoping that the fact I was merciful and let people escape when I totally shouldn't would negatively effect my MMR. Turns out? No.

  • I wanna see how many people are actually high MMR because if we go by this forum every single person here is high mrr lmao

  • @InvadeGames said:

    I wanna see how many people are actually high MMR because if we go by this forum every single person here is high mrr lmao

    If I'm high MMR, the system is broke. I'm still garbage. I miss so many swings, I fall for stupid stuff I know I shouldn't. I still don't know the maps but I'm getting there.

  • It can only match you with who is currently playing. This game is so old it is not so common to come across new players regardless of your MMR.

  • I have the opposite problem i more often that not get matched with brand new players despite my many thousands of hours, i understand MM is complicated but surely they can keep brand new players separated from players with years of experience separated, it makes for bad games for all concerned, when i was a new player back in 2018 i had a blast learning the game for the most part with my fellow new players