Bring back SBMM

Solo Q is unaplayable. I used to escape literally every single game because I was being matched with survivors that know what to do. Ever since they disabled SBMM I have been getting teammates that are beyond terrible.


I have 3000 hours in DbD and I am being matched with people so bad at the game.

Comments

  • You only have that now? I got that throughout my entire DbD career.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    You only have that now? I got that throughout my entire DbD career.

    I used to get good teammates frequently to a point where I memories all of their names. With this terrible matchmaking I am getting random people that cant even run a basic M1 killer for 30 seconds... its ######### stupid.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If you were escaping every single game then SBMM was never working for you.

    yea

  • If they made the matchmaking random I'd get better teammates than current sbmm

  • This is hilarious yall

  • @TheRealOne said:

    Solo Q is unaplayable. I used to escape literally every single game because I was being matched with survivors that know what to do. Ever since they disabled SBMM I have been getting teammates that are beyond terrible.

    I have 3000 hours in DbD and I am being matched with people so bad at the game.

    Stopped reading after 'used to escape literally every single game'

  • @Sepex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320510/bring-back-sbmm

    Stopped reading after 'used to escape literally every single game'

    What am I gonna lose if you stopped reading ? Hahaha

  • Not a darn thing sweetheart ๐Ÿ˜˜

  • Not a darn thing sweetheart ๐Ÿ˜˜

  • I mean, thats also a way to balance for 2 kills / 2 escapes: match 2 good survivors with 2 terrible ones.

    EQPVmn9UUAEUazi.jpg


  • @Tsulan said:

    I mean, thats also a way to balance for 2 kills / 2 escapes: match 2 good survivors with 2 terrible ones.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MTXZH26YU0EI/eqpvmn9uuaeuazi.jpg

    I cant tell you how big killers ego got when they disabled SBMM.

  • @TheRealOne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921529#Comment_2921529

    I cant tell you how big killers ego got when they disabled SBMM.

    But they didn't disabled it.

  • SBMM isn't gone, they just adjusted its variables so that higher-skilled players on both ends had more variety and enjoyment in their games.

    And sometimes, that variety comes with survivors who aren't as seasoned as you and make mistakes, or a killer who might not understand all aspects of the game yet. The best you can do is push on, try to set an example for your team and not get so caught up in how "terrible" they may be. Trust me, you'll enjoy your games way more with that mindset!

  • Amount of hours doesnt equal skill tho i do share your pain. Sometimes its best to run a solo q build or a map with a crystal bead. Provethyself situational awareness borrowed time and deadhard is usually what I run in a solo q. There are probably much better builds but sharing your view point with your team mates is what often helps and not hinders your games.

  • @Tsulan said:

    I mean, thats also a way to balance for 2 kills / 2 escapes: match 2 good survivors with 2 terrible ones.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MTXZH26YU0EI/eqpvmn9uuaeuazi.jpg

    Just this setup is guaranteed 4k for the killer, not a 2k/2e cause 2 people can't carry a game that's intended to be played by 4 survivors.

    I had a game like that the other day. 2 rly bad team mates who couldn't loop the killer for more than 10 seconds against me and a Claudette. The killer realized me and Claudette were the harder targets so he just completely ignored us until Yun and Felix were dead - at 3 gens left. After that we somehow still managed to do 2 gens but that game was just a guaranteed loss for us.

  • seems the change did exactly what it was supposed to do.

  • I stopped playing for ages but recently have been playing matches since they tweaked SBMM and it has been a lot more fun imo. I actually like to have random levels of skill in teams as it makes it more interesting than rolling baby killers every match. If you were escaping all the time previously then clearly something was not right there

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921529#Comment_2921529

    Just this setup is guaranteed 4k for the killer, not a 2k/2e cause 2 people can't carry a game that's intended to be played by 4 survivors.

    I had a game like that the other day. 2 rly bad team mates who couldn't loop the killer for more than 10 seconds against me and a Claudette. The killer realized me and Claudette were the harder targets so he just completely ignored us until Yun and Felix were dead - at 3 gens left. After that we somehow still managed to do 2 gens but that game was just a guaranteed loss for us.

    Game is balanced around 3 SWF at very least

  • @Sepex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320510/bring-back-sbmm

    Stopped reading after 'used to escape literally every single game'

    He escaped via entity picking him up from hook every game.

  • Did they disable the SBMMR? When? link to the news?

    I'm in a break.

  • @IamFran said:

    Did they disable the SBMMR? When? link to the news?

    I'm in a break.

    They didnt. They just tweaked a bit the matchmaking range and cap.

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921529#Comment_2921529

    Just this setup is guaranteed 4k for the killer, not a 2k/2e cause 2 people can't carry a game that's intended to be played by 4 survivors.

    I had a game like that the other day. 2 rly bad team mates who couldn't loop the killer for more than 10 seconds against me and a Claudette. The killer realized me and Claudette were the harder targets so he just completely ignored us until Yun and Felix were dead - at 3 gens left. After that we somehow still managed to do 2 gens but that game was just a guaranteed loss for us.

    Its a way to artificially increase the kill rates and/or let killers have less sweaty matches.

    But this will only last for a short amount of time. Because the mmr will eventually settle to where it used to be before.

    At least until then i have time to test out non meta builds. Which had unforseen side effects so far (killer dcs after i wiggled out on my first down, while 3 gens were done).

  • @TheRealOne said:

    Solo Q is unaplayable. I used to escape literally every single game because I was being matched with survivors that know what to do. Ever since they disabled SBMM I have been getting teammates that are beyond terrible.

    I have 3000 hours in DbD and I am being matched with people so bad at the game.

    Okay...

    • No, you didn't.
    • SBMM wasn't disabled, it was just tweaked to give people at the absolute extremes of MMR slightly more variety.
  • Solo was bad before but it's horrendous right now. 4k hrs and I'm getting default clothing teammates that fail 3 skill checks in a row. Very fun variety. I'll just not queue up for anything other than 4 man SWF on a weeknight

  • @TheRealOne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2921471#Comment_2921471

    I used to get good teammates frequently to a point where I memories all of their names. With this terrible matchmaking I am getting random people that cant even run a basic M1 killer for 30 seconds... its ######### stupid.

    That was me with rank emblem system. I always saw the same awesome players and after a few games and playing well with each other we would become friends. Now Iโ€™m making garbage friends and getting drunk and not trying because they suck and I no longer care

  • Sbmm is still active, they just adjusted some numbers so players on both ends have more varied teams/ experience and quicker ques.

    If you have a need to escape, just find a buddy, not even a full team. There are tons of discord servers just for that.