BHVR: Can we get an update on Dead Hard
Since CoH nerf has went through, it seems like the next survivor perk to nerf is Dead Hard. Can the forums get some information on what the developers are thinking about Dead Hard?
Since CoH nerf has went through, it seems like the next survivor perk to nerf is Dead Hard. Can the forums get some information on what the developers are thinking about Dead Hard?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
CoH nerf didnt go through just yet, we are still waiting for the Midchapter update. (And frankly, it’s not the nerf it needed anyways).
On Dead Hard, they have recently (for BHVRs standards at least) confirmed they will review it. I think the earliest we can expect anything is Midchapter after the anniversary. And they probably won’t share any details before that (this was an exception when reworking OoO - and I actually hoped they would do it more often that way)
"Yes, we looked at it"
Earlier i wrote this post since there lots of people crying about Dead Hard in forum and twitter:
In many posts perhaps main killers crying about Dead Hard, here as well as on twitter. I m playing killers and i dont have any problems with it. Yes its strong perk but still i always try to bait survivor to use it. Yes its strong perk but as well killers have strong perks and not talking about adons. And what ll happen after ? If all survivors would be using sprint burst, it would be good for u guys? Always survivor ll use some exhaustion perks. Many times playing M1 killer against sprint burst players is even worse, not talking when survivors do 99 sprint burst etc.
I m playing always as solo survivor. And many killers can do bait survivor to use dead hard and make mistake. Yes i m using dead hard, but definitely against some killers like Nurse and Blight i do want to have dead hard and still loosing against good players, i m just solo survivor tho. I do meet many nurses and blights, lets say first nerf their adons and then lets talk about dead hard. As i m saying, i m not having problems with survivors using dead hard, i do play killers and most i have been playing just M1 killers. And lately great nurses players using just range adons, those r so nasty adons, omega blinks etc. U dont have too much time as survivor to make any decision ...
Now everybody talking about nerfing survivors perks, but why there is not talk about nerfing strong killers, like nurse and blight? Their addons? Now nurses range adons r so OP. Now since MMR was changed i m playing often against nurses, strong players. I do want to have Dead Hard., and nurses with range adons who knows how to blink dead hard is not helpful often.
What is OP are swf survivors. Or maybe solo que survivors need buff, sorry, my opinion, or swf survivors need to be nerfed.
Weren't they planning on nerfing the distance?
...
Guys if they ll kill Dead Hard, most player ll use sprint burst. I have been playing ghostface against 3 survivors with sprint burst and one survivor had overcome. Those guys did 99 sprint burst, it was annoying game. I could not have chance against them.
Killers has meta perks and adons, survivors has meta perks and items. There is talk about nerfing survivors perks. When i play killer i do have problems just against SWF teams with thousands of hours. Against very good solo survivors i can play very well.
I am hoping both of these are true, I'm kinda waiting on it so I can hop on and play a bunch of basic killers again and hopefully verse them too
With how efficient survivors are these days and how fast the game ends, Dead Hard is just way too overpowered for how long it can extend chases
No, I think that’s just a very popular community suggestion.
they haven’t said, what aspect of the perk they are gonna review.
I just hope it gets a nerf that isn't a slap on the wrist and doesn't kill the the Perk either
I'm hoping so all these nerf dead hard topics will stop😀
Killers will just be asking for nerfs on the next survivor perk they don't like, so it won't stop the nerf topics.
However, I think both survivors and killers want an update on what's happening from the developers on Dead Hard.
Tell us something BHVR, if it's being actively looked at or if it's on the back-burner or if it's even a concern.
That's another reason I hope something is said so we can see what the next hot nerf topic is.
At the very least I'd like them to focus on fixing the "not as designed" issue that's cropped up when they changed validation so now DH basically "eats" a killer's power. Classic example Nemmy not breaking a downed pallet with the tentacle when the survivor DH's away.
And COH hasn't had an effective nerf since go-live, dropping the self-heal speed by 2 seconds is a joke and the altruistic heals are still at warp-speed.
Reworking OoO? I haven’t see any OoO since the “rework” that makes OoO a killer perk
They shadownerfed validation. If DH was considered fine pre-validation in the stats, now that we are in a similar situation, then they'll most likely come out saying they looked at the numbers and it's not overperferming. I already made a discussion about it.
I think it would be nice if BHVR gave us some type of update on it, just so we knew what was happening with it. There's way-way to many forum posts to not give players an update on the status of it.
What data are the developers seeing on Dead Hard? The developers can see if Dead Hard is increasing escape rates at the highest MMR as compared to the other exhaustion perks.
We know there's not going to be nothing in this mid-chapter.
There's bound to be a Q&A some time down the line and the question will surely come up. And that's where I feel they'll say that it doesn't increase escapes from around 50% at high mmr (maybe because it's against only Nurses and Blights). Same at lower mmr brackets (because survivors just dh into a wall).
Just a prediction.
I doubt it will ever be changed. We’ll keep getting the usual ”we’re looking at it” answer in Q&A. Devs know that any nerfs to DH will upset a huge portion of the player base and probably lose a lot of players. Seems like they prefer a continued slow loss of killer players than a mass exodus of survivor players.
Dead Hard is probably a lose/lose situation for BHVR.
You don't do anything with Dead Hard and killer-players are unhappy.
You nerf Dead Hard, you upset a massive amount of survivors and then you make killer-players happy. Then you make killer-players very upset with all the killer-nerfs you have to introduce.
No need to introduce killer nerfs, DH could be deleted and survivors would still be OP.
It will get nerfed the question is if in our lifetime?
"A small price to pay for salvation"...
You have to view everything about this game through the eyes of the developers. The developers have stated numerous times that the game is balanced based on their 2k/2e goal.
Since Dead Hard is being used in about 50% of matches, then if Dead Hard is increasing survivor win-rates, then survivor win rates will go down. Since the developers want a 2k/2e balance, the developers would need to then nerf killers.
You can't remove a perk used in 50% of matches and that is increasing survivor win rates without introducing a massive imbalance in the game.
This is the truth.
The fact that it's used by around 50% of the survivor player base and that survivors are so dependent on it shows that it is the single worst perk in the game. It is the epitome of terrible game design.
I have seen it occasionally. Does it make it still a killer perk? Have you seen it being used on killers? What does that even mean?
The rework was great, the perk is now in a great position. It can’t be abused anymore and there are better perks (like DH) that are being used instead.