Double BP should be default, yet....
Yet you don't even give us double BP events anymore?
The last ones were like what? 1.5 bloodrush ones? And even those are like 2 to 3 times in a year.... Why?
How is it normal for someone who has thousands of hours still be grinding?
100k login BP is like 2 matches as killer. Why would I care about 10k0 bp when it barely cover 3 bloodwebs because they're cluttered with useless garbage like fog and luck offerings?
Comments
2000 hours here, i do not have all killers and still the killers i have do not have all the perks 😂.
Yes the amount of grinding in DbD is the worst in the game industry. I do not even understand how it is possible legally.
It should be default.
5000+ hours here and I'm still grinding away to get everyone p3 with all perks.
It should have been made default multiple chapters ago.
With every new release it just gets worse and worse.
You would max everything with 1000 hours in any online game. But in DbD, even 5000 hours players still have problem with grind? It's shame, they still did not rework grind system.
Coming in 2025
But that would be a bandaid fix. /s
It's OK, every 3 months it gets worse. With each chapter the grind grows and grows, and new players look at the game and go, holy cow $200 and gotta grind for chances at perks.... one day they have to address as it grows exponentially every chapter.
I’m more devastated that they won’t add more BP+ perks like BBQ. How many years do I need to be chained to a perk because I’d like to actually experience all aspects and build opportunities in a Killer kit? It doesn’t need to stack, slap that extra 100% on more god damn perks. Hell, No Way Out functions EXACTLY like BBQ when it comes to building stacks, at least put it on that, Jesus Christ.
Even if you made double BP baseline, although nobody would complain about it, it would not work as a long term solution by itself.
Nothing scares BHVR more than players having access to all the perks and add ons they actually want. Otherwise we wouldn't still have this ridiculous grind after 6 freaking years.
BHVR announced that the grind will be addressed, but like every other past change there doesn’t seem to be any urgency on their part. Meanwhile, players continue to leave the game month after month and new players aren’t coming in to replace them because the grind is far too overwhelming.
Its the perk Tier should be removed, not double BP gain.
You earn 18.000 BP, you use it to get Items/Addon/Offering for the next match (With the maximum possible is 25.000BP)
Earn double BP would make people only use high rarity addon/item.
Sure but they already said they're not thinking about removing tiers.
I don’t think BHVR has nefarious reasons for the grind. Like everything else, it’s a business decision for them. They believe a grueling grind will lead to players playing more hours which leads to higher likelihood of spending money on cosmetics and DLC. In my opinion they’ve gone a bit too far the the point where the grind is actually damaging their revenue in the long run because they’re turning away a lot of prospective new players.
If I were to start playing the game now I would have quit. And so did a lot of new people who brought to the game, because the grind is a disease to new players.
All the grind is doing is telling new players to not even bother, if they already know they will have to spend thousands and thousands of hours in the game.
They can also just half the cost of bloodweb purchases
They are probably thinking along the lines of "if BP gains were increased and players got all perks on their characters faster, they'd leave the game sooner".
Which is kinda where I am at since I mainly play Claudette, I have all the perks I want on her and I'm at the point where I'm playing less and less (used to be 15-20 matches a day down to 2-3 matches) because there really is nothing to work towards to. I don't care about getting to higher MMR, I hit my skill ceiling a long time ago (I will forever be bad), the free rift has slim pickings when it comes to cosmetics and when it comes to people who play one character like me, it gets slimmer.
I'd like to see how many players play more than 1-3 characters on average.
BTW, not disagreeing, the blood web needs to be reworked, useless items and add-ons should be purged, survivors need to be able to earn more blood points during a match, especially when they get camped and tunneled (not like they have the opportunity to earn points in different categories when the killer is on their butt) and the BP limit should be removed or increased to a billion.
I don't think it's nefarious or anything like that. It just often takes multiple years to respond to glaring issues for whatever reason. Kind of wild.
My guess is that a lot of stuff is being kept back for the Anniversary, as this is generally DbD's 'boom' period.
I agree, but from the perspective of the developers, they want to keep bonus BP multiplier events rare to make them feel special.
I'm very curious to see what's announced as their solution to the grind. Even something as simple as removing the completely useless items and offerings from the blood web could really help, honestly.
Yeah, this one. I don't really wanna see 4 iridescents every game.
I actually tell me friends not to bother to pick this game up, because they'd be too far behind in terms of perks due to the massive grind. And believe me, I'd love to play with my real friends. But it's like recommending a ######### friend for a job, my name is on the line. I don't want to recommend bad products to friends.
Earn double BP would make people only use high rarity addon/item.
That's pretty much how it is already. Nobody even bothers using a bad add-on because killers are already ballanced around their best add-ons so anything else would be gimping yourself even further.
Thats why it should not double BP, so instead of using 2 Green, Killer use 2 Iri every game.
Same to survivor, BNP & Ranger Syringe. The game become boring.
Thats the easiest way to fix the grind, simply cut down 66%. I dont know why it doesnt sound optimal to them. I wonder how they're going to fix the grind.
We are on the 23rd chapter and still gain the same amount of bloodpoints as 6 years ago when there were only 3 killers and 4 survivors.
As someone who plays all of the killers, and who likes to play most of the survivors at any given time (and who has everyone to Level 50, with about half of the survivors prestiged) -- the grind is exhausting, for lack of a better word. And I play a LOT.
I grinded out the survivors I have at Prestige 3 now during last year's anniversary event, and I'll probably do more this year. I have NO killers prestiged, since there really isn't any incentive. I usually wear special cosmetics anyway, so even for the survivors, it's not a big deal, and for killers, there's really no incentive, since I have so many add-ons on some of them that I have no reason to toss them away for a bloody outfit I'll never see and never have equipped.
I have all of the perks on maybe 3 or 4 survivors, only one of which is Prestige 3. The others I got to Prestige 3 are missing tons of perks, but at least I've been lucky enough to get builds I can run on everyone. I have all of the perks on maybe 10-11 of the killers, but there are some I play with loadouts nothing close to what I'd like, and with barely any add-ons worth running. The cost of putting BP into ALL of these characters, survivor and killer, to get everything unlocked is crazy.
I've been playing since right after Chains of Hate released (2 years). I can't even begin to fathom what the grind would be for someone picking up the game now. It definitely would be a huge turn-off to a lot of people, I imagine.
I wouldn't say it needs to be always on. A consistent number of 2x bp events would be nice. Like for a week after each mid chapter and chapter releases.
I think survivors should share items,offering
all perks and Tier for said perks you got from 1 to 50 before P1ing them should stay on that survivor/killer.
also killer should share offering but not add on DUH I know
also like an opinion to sell useless offering,items and addon maybe for half price