Is this bannable?
Was playing survivor and had a clown put me in the basement and then body block the stair way so no one could unhook me? I would love for the devs to answer this question because this shouldn't be able to happen. How is that fair? I recorded the match and have evidence if you would like to see it. Also, the killer was from China using a VPN and they were super laggy then bragging about 4k. Should that be allowed as well? I would just like to know if that is considered fair gameplay?
Comments
No. What they're doing is essentially camping, which is not against the rules.
No, they were body blocking the stairs leading down into the basement so no one can PHYSICALLY get into it. I don't care about being camped but I would like an opportunity to actually play the game.
U sure it wasn’t mr leatherface? He’s known to live down there
Lol
I contacted mr face and asked why camp. he sent me this as his official answer....

Umm someone’s gonna die vs all 4 there none hooked blocking just for the sake of it.
Also everyone else can still work on gens so it’s not hostage...
He hangs out in there cuz ppl are mean to him...
Also, no one was hooked? His first line says he was hooked...
The Killer doesn't have to allow for an unhook. Survivors using flashlights when Killers pick up other Survivors also prevent gameplay mechanics (carrying and hooking).
Your comparison of flashlight saves (which require timing and an intended mechanic) and standing in the path of a player to prevent ANOTHER intended gameplay mechanic, is ludicrous.
If they dont have to allow an unhook, why did they patch out face camping?
Camping is also an intended mechanic, as is bodyblocking. What's not an intended mechanic is Survivors being able to ignore the Killer's presence.
If they were not from China using a laggy VPN then I probably wouldn't have gone down.
The reason being the clown is simply in essense doing the same as the old facecamping by completely preventing the unhook, you will still die and if the others were smart they would do gens and get out, the game is still progressing so its not bannable.
The only thing bannable is blocking someone in the basement or in a corner so they cannot get out which is holding them hostage, it also has to be done for a prolonged period of time, blocking to run out BT or the pig making sure your head explodes does not count, basically if you can die it's ok if you are stuck with no way to progress the game it's not.
No, as long as the match progresses and will eventually come to an end, it's not bannable.
He simply made sure that you die and since that is some serious dedication, I am sure that he had his reasons to do so. It's scummy but some survivors are simply asking for such treatments.
no but its just dickish
I mean holding the game hostage is. Blocking the stairs with unhooked survivors downstairs is bannable because the survivors in the basement can't do anything other than;
1) Wait for the killer to hit them
2) Disconnect.
So yeah that's not fair. However in this case the game isn't being held hostage as...
1) The other 3 survivors are free to rush gens and leave
2) The person on the hook will be sacrificed soon anyway.
I have to admit, I've done this once or twice before but only to extremely toxic survivors.
It's no different to survviors bodyblocking the hook. Survivors can moan all they want about how its toxic and holding the game hostage, well then as killer I'm meant to hook people, them standing in the way of the hook is also holding the game hostage and toxic? Oh no thats fine apparantly. Double standards as always.
I feel like survivors brought this on themselves when bodyblocking hooks became a thing. In any other game neither would exist but with DBD the devs let almost anything become "a legit strategy". It's annoying.
camping is fine you have looping fair is fair
You got Leatherfaced!
If they are body blocking the stairs and not moving/letting you leave whatsoever, that counts as holding the game hostage and can be bannable.
Not if the Survivor is hooked and will die eventually while all the others swarm around like buzzards, or if the Killer is waiting for BT to go away. Then it's just smart.
If someone is hooked in the basement, then a timer is ticking down and it snot holding the game hostage
I was talking about if they trap you down there and you can't leave. But yeah, It's smart to keep the others out.
Well, that's not the situation described in the OP. You should be more specific, or else the mods will get swarmed with false reports.
Oops.
To clarify: Keeping people out is camping, because the killer is just standing there to prevent an unhook. Camping is not bannable. In a minute or two, you'll bleed out and be sacrificed.
If you were in the basement and not hooked, that would be different. That would mean that the killer is holding the game hostage.
By your logic, if a killer body blocking a unhook is unfair and should be bannable what about survivors preventing a kill by body blocking a hit by the exit? The pendulum swings both ways man. I'm not trying to troll you but these are things to think about when you play only-survivor or only-killer.
Source: I'm one of the guys doing the banning.
Pretty good source!
I wasn't saying they should be outright banned. I was asking for clarification. Also saw a comment about how he must have wanted me dead but he basically facecamped the first person he downed (I was the second). Think he was just a jerk.
So is it cool for me to hold up a killer falling through grim pantry while we do all gens, THEN let him out? It's not an infinite game if we choose to finally allow intended gameplay, right?