Surv's Grunts of Pain VS Breathing Sound (IRON WILL BUG)

Background: When a survivor is in the HEALTHY STATE, they make a breathing sound. This sound is louder when while they are running. Survivors also make 'Grunts of Exertion' when falling from a great height, this can be suppressed by the perk BALANCED LANDING.


The Problem: The perk IRON-WILL says " Grunts of pain caused by injuries are suppressed by 100%". this description is inaccurate as not only does it suppress their grunts of pain but also removes the breathing sound while they are running.

Comments

  • Honestly I don't think this is a bug because when a character is injured they don't make breathing noises. I think they simply never added the breathing noise to a survivor who are injured. I think they just need to add it but have never bothered

  • Yes, it has been bugged for 4 years.

  • @DriplordDrew said:

    Honestly I don't think this is a bug because when a character is injured they don't make breathing noises. I think they simply never added the breathing noise to a survivor who are injured. I think they just need to add it but have never bothered

    There is breathing sounds as proven by david. You can hear his rapid breathing sometimes while injured and running and specifically doesn't sound like a "grunt of pain".

  • For the love of all that is holy please fix this. Iron Will is ridiculous because of this issue

  • Iron Will needs to apply when a survivor is slugged.

  • @Killmaster said:

    Iron Will needs to apply when a survivor is slugged.

    Even as a joke post this would make it so annoying to go against as proven many times for when the silent slug bug came back.

  • @Killmaster said:

    Iron Will needs to apply when a survivor is slugged.

    No, thanks. Iron Will doesn't need another buff.

  • people have said "its bugged" for a long time, but where have the devs stated this is not working as intended. The description being slightly misleading does not necessarily mean its working incorrectly.

  • @Killmaster said:

    Iron Will needs to apply when a survivor is slugged.

    I mean, it already does 75% of the time because of the silent slug bug

  • I think people should file tickets addressing this specific issue... I personally use Iron Will because I can't stand hearing my character grunt and complaint and I don't want to feel like I'm exploiting it.

  • @adirgeforthedead said:

    I think people should file tickets addressing this specific issue... I personally use Iron Will because I can't stand hearing my character grunt and complaint and I don't want to feel like I'm exploiting it.

    Don't feel bad when your character does not have breathing sounds when killers exploiting Blight (Hug techs and flicks) that they're NOT intended. Confirmed by former DbD Dev and Blight designer.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    people have said "its bugged" for a long time, but where have the devs stated this is not working as intended. The description being slightly misleading does not necessarily mean its working incorrectly.

    A long time ago they said it was bugged. Then over time it became a feature like most bugs they don't fix.