If you have an Nvidia card, it's stupid easy to activate Shadowplay and record a few games. Otherwise - OBS is free and very easy to use.
Extremely curious to watch some of your gameplay, as if you're 4king literally every game on killers you barely play without smurfing down your MMR or something, you may have discovered a style that not even the best players in the world have and you'll probably revolutionize how DbD is played.
I'll keep an eye out.
If ur still up I can stream now, as for streaming it might not work because this game eats too much CPU and despite recording on GPU you still lag on CPU since a CPU still manages what the GPU does
My experience last night was definitely different from yours, but consistent with what I saw before the last MMR tests. I literally went from a 4-person sweaty SWF squad playing Doctor -- full-on sabo, body-blocking, med-kits with a syringe for the insta-heal mid-chase, 4 Dead Hards, BT's, Boons, etc. -- to a group that sent me to Lery's playing fake-pallet Freddy who were so out-of-their-league that I literally had to dial back to keep everyone from dying at 5 gens before the game had even started (the Doctor match ended a 4K, I gave a mercy hatch to someone in the Freddy match -- at 5 gens).
Two killers who I do equally well as -- I might have better results overall as Freddy, actually -- and my opponents couldn't have been more diverse. The only consistency in those two matches -- and the ones I had all night -- was the pretty much immediate lobby I got in every game. As you said, hopefully whatever they tweak in the future with SBMM fixes these type of situations -- I expect to go against the first group of players, but I felt genuinely bad for that second group.
Pls stop, no joke I'm actually jealous, I know I could get destroyed by super coordinated survivors, but that's literally the best material for improvement
If ur still up I can stream now, as for streaming it might not work because this game eats too much CPU and despite recording on GPU you still lag on CPU since a CPU still manages what the GPU does
Pls stop, no joke I'm actually jealous, I know I could get destroyed by super coordinated survivors, but that's literally the best material for improvement
On my way out - but maybe just record and upload to YouTube?
If ur still up I can stream now, as for streaming it might not work because this game eats too much CPU and despite recording on GPU you still lag on CPU since a CPU still manages what the GPU does
Pls stop, no joke I'm actually jealous, I know I could get destroyed by super coordinated survivors, but that's literally the best material for improvement
No argument there. I know how to play against those type of teams and be successful against them, but it took losing to them first and learning from the experience to get to that point. Losing is usually the best teacher.
Absolutely. This is why new Killers don't start at the minimum rating; we expect your experience with the game as a whole to transfer over.
Is it true that killers share a base level of MMR? In other words, does my nurse, who has my highest mmr, in any way impact my rating with a new killer?
Brother, I actually... just recorded some footage for you, just need to edit it and add some effects if I figure out how......
No editing needed. Just upload like...5 consecutive games, of you - on Trapper - 4king. Please take care to show opponent account names so I can check hours.
No editing needed. Just upload like...5 consecutive games, of you - on Trapper - 4king. Please take care to show opponent account names so I can check hours.
The video is ready, and uploaded, it only has 2 games with 2 different killers to show the skill difference,
but I could do 5 games on one killer, perhaps even today.
Okay, I just watched this. Keep in mind that's this isn't what I asked for, and doesn't prove what you claimed (you can easily 4k top MMR survivors every game on Trapper, and that anyone who can't is bad).
But...let's take a look.
Game 1: Evidently a somewhat experienced Nurse derping around with quite new survivors. You didn't show the endgame screen (mind snapping a picture of that and popping it into this thread?) but they're all base skin, not even trying to juke you and just holding W mostly.
Game 2: A much better game, Survivors are a bit more skilled, but still don't seem to have any idea how to loop effectively (that David was...painful to watch). Out of interest - how many hours do you have? Because you're Pig build doesn't make sense to me at all and (not trying to be nasty here) you also look rather new.
Conclusion: You're either smurfing your MMR down between games or are somewhat new yourself. You're facing evidently very new survivors (all of them are using base skins, even when they are trying to build meta they have no idea what they are doing - I'm confident that I could have run you better and I'm a terrible survivor). But at the end of the day, while this was a fun watch, it's again - it's not what I asked for, and doesn't prove or disprove your assertion regarding Trapper.
Okay, I just watched this. Keep in mind that's this isn't what I asked for, and doesn't prove what you claimed (you can easily 4k top MMR survivors every game on Trapper, and that anyone who can't is bad).
But...let's take a look.
Game 1: Evidently a somewhat experienced Nurse derping around with quite new survivors. You didn't show the endgame screen (mind snapping a picture of that and popping it into this thread?) but they're all base skin, not even trying to juke you and just holding W mostly.
Game 2: A much better game, Survivors are a bit more skilled, but still don't seem to have any idea how to loop effectively (that David was...painful to watch). Out of interest - how many hours do you have? Because you're Pig build doesn't make sense to me at all and (not trying to be nasty here) you also look rather new.
Conclusion: You're either smurfing your MMR down between games or are somewhat new yourself. You're facing evidently very new survivors (all of them are using base skins, even when they are trying to build meta they have no idea what they are doing - I'm confident that I could have run you better and I'm a terrible survivor). But at the end of the day, while this was a fun watch, it's again - it's not what I asked for, and doesn't prove or disprove your assertion regarding Trapper.
Wait, hold on I never said that I can 4k everytime on top MMR, are you crazy?
Also what do you mean I look rather new? What kind of statement is that? I have roughly 1000 hours and I'm not that desperate to bring op perks every single game..
And again, as for the Trapper, I never said anything about 4king top MMR,
I said that I always get potato survivors and 4k every game, and that it's not fun..
Wait, hold on I never said that I can 4k everytime on top MMR, are you crazy?
Also what do you mean I look rather new? What kind of statement is that? I have roughly 1000 hours and I'm not that desperate to bring op perks every single game..
And again, as for the Trapper, I never said anything about 4king top MMR,
I said that I always get potato survivors and 4k every game, and that it's not fun..
Yeah, something doesn't add up here.
You've got 1000 hours and are still crouching around the map as Pig, running both Thana and Devour (why? That's not a non meta build, that's a build with an anti-synergy). You don't even have all the perks unlocked at tier 3, and you own maybe half the killers in the game. I've got less hours than you do and I've got every single killer barring Billy and Twins to 50, with almost every perk unlocked on them and that's with a ton of BP dumped into survivors to unlock perks.
The survivors you're facing are exponentially worse than the survivors I face which is also odd. Either MMR is bugged for you, or there's something else going on here.
Again - not trying to be a jerk, but are you dropping your MMR purposefully? Do you mostly play on survivor or something? Does the game sit open for extended periods, adding to your hours? Because...this doesn't look like the gameplay of a 1000 hour veteran killer at all, either in terms of your play or the survivors you are facing (seriously, all base skins and they don't even have full T3 perks).
If you don't mind me asking, what's your Steam profile called? I'm finding a John Wick, but it doesn't have any DbD played recently. Just trying to get to the bottom of this little mystery.
You've got 1000 hours and are still crouching around the map as Pig, running both Thana and Devour (why? That's not a non meta build, that's a build with an anti-synergy). You don't even have all the perks unlocked at tier 3, and you own maybe half the killers in the game. I've got less hours than you do and I've got every single killer barring Billy and Twins to 50, with almost every perk unlocked on them and that's with a ton of BP dumped into survivors to unlock perks.
The survivors you're facing are exponentially worse than the survivors I face which is also odd. Either MMR is bugged for you, or there's something else going on here.
Again - not trying to be a jerk, but are you dropping your MMR purposefully? Do you mostly play on survivor or something? Does the game sit open for extended periods, adding to your hours? Because...this doesn't look like the gameplay of a 1000 hour veteran killer at all, either in terms of your play or the survivors you are facing (seriously, all base skins and they don't even have full T3 perks).
If you don't mind me asking, what's your Steam profile called? I'm finding a John Wick, but it doesn't have any DbD played recently. Just trying to get to the bottom of this little mystery.
Brother just because you don't understand the deep machinations of my plays or builds doesn't mean that I'm bad,
I never purpusefuly dropped my rating, I barely have the game open on passively, I have all characters on level 50 just not P3,
also my profile is a sensible info, what you will find there is my profile, 1000hours on DBD over 100 on Apex, bunch of achievments, Rank1 achievment that they changed to Iredescent
Brother just because you don't understand the deep machinations of my plays or builds doesn't mean that I'm bad,
I never purpusefuly dropped my rating, I barely have the game open on passively, I have all characters on level 50 just not P3,
also my profile is a sensible info, what you will find there is my profile, 1000hours on DBD over 100 on Apex, bunch of achievments, Rank1 achievment that they changed to Iredescent
Okay. As I said, I'm not calling you bad.
I'm saying that this doesn't look like a 1000 hour account and thus something isn't adding up here.
You absolutely do not have all characters to 50. Which made me suspect that maybe you play a lot of survivor...but:
Your Devotion is only at 13/2.
Now, here's mine.
And my hours played (obviously discounting the 100 or so I have on console):
In reality, it's probably closer to 500-600, as I tend to forget the game open in the background while doing other things.
Do you see why this is odd to me?
EDIT: Could it be that you've overestimated your own hours here or made a simple mistake? Do you play a ton of survivor?
That would explain quite a lot about what I'm observing. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk - I'm just trying to figure out why we are having such a vastly different experience, if you really do have 1000 hours in the game.
In reality, it's probably closer to 500-600, as I tend to forget the game open in the background while doing other things.
Do you see why this is odd to me?
EDIT: Could it be that you've overestimated your own hours here or made a simple mistake? Do you play a ton of survivor?
That would explain quite a lot about what I'm observing. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk - I'm just trying to figure out why we are having such a vastly different experience, if you really do have 1000 hours in the game.
My friend, back in 2016 2017, there was no Shop, there was no Iredescent Shards or Auric Cells, and there wasn't any player level or divotion levels.
Yes, I'm aware that there was no devotion pre 2018. Did people not get Devotion retroactively though? I honestly don't know, let me make a separate thread and ask.
Thing is - yeah. That would be mystery solved.
If you took an extended break, then you're pretty much coming back to new player MMR - which means that yes, you'll dominate your first 5-10 matches until the SBMM system figures out where to place you.
Hell, I experienced this after taking a break for a few months.
Once your MMR stabilizes, you'll see substantially stronger opponents all of a sudden.
EDIT: Yep, everyone started at zero. I think that's mystery solved.
i tried a lot of new killers in the last months and my experience was good except for only a few matches. I mean the general balancing problems that Dbd has stay the same but i faced much weaker survivors with killers like Trapper, Legion or Hag (played all of them for the first time).
Yes, I'm aware that there was no devotion pre 2018. Did people not get Devotion retroactively though? I honestly don't know, let me make a separate thread and ask.
Thing is - yeah. That would be mystery solved.
If you took an extended break, then you're pretty much coming back to new player MMR - which means that yes, you'll dominate your first 5-10 matches until the SBMM system figures out where to place you.
Hell, I experienced this after taking a break for a few months.
Once your MMR stabilizes, you'll see substantially stronger opponents all of a sudden.
EDIT: Yep, everyone started at zero. I think that's mystery solved.
Oh yeah, only months break? Tose are rookie numbers :D
By the way, I played 6 killer games and secured 4k 3 times, AND I was recording,
1 Trapper and 5 Trickster games, I encountered some really strong loopers and arguably toxic survivors too.. (in game)
And thank you, now I know, that it's actually not that many games before you face good survivors.
i tried a lot of new killers in the last months and my experience was good except for only a few matches. I mean the general balancing problems that Dbd has stay the same but i faced much weaker survivors with killers like Trapper, Legion or Hag (played all of them for the first time).
Oh yeah, but thanks to StarLost, I actually started to face tremendously harder survivors..
This is the other issue, and hopefully with the upcoming MMR tweaks it'll be fixed.
The problem is that:
When a lobby dodge occurs, the system grabs the next available person with little rhyme or reason. I think that this is what causes the weirdness in prime time games.
The system does seem to prioritize queue time over match quality, or at least it used to.
That said...something seems to have been changed since the MMR testing. I've had much longer queues on killer but, especially last night, far closer games. Didn't have a single one where I felt completely outclassed or was paired up against potatoes.
Which is kinda off setting. I mean, when you want to learn a new killer like Nurse or Pinhead. Which are obviously very hard. They shouldn't take the mmr of your best killer, which could be Bubba, but plays so differently on all levels.
Losing 50 matches in a row, just to even out the mmr, won't incentivize people to learn new killers. They'll just stick to their main.
Which is kinda off setting. I mean, when you want to learn a new killer like Nurse or Pinhead. Which are obviously very hard. They shouldn't take the mmr of your best killer, which could be Bubba, but plays so differently on all levels.
Losing 50 matches in a row, just to even out the mmr, won't incentivize people to learn new killers. They'll just stick to their main.
do people still forget the fact that every killer is just M1 killer just with a different trick?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If ur still up I can stream now, as for streaming it might not work because this game eats too much CPU and despite recording on GPU you still lag on CPU since a CPU still manages what the GPU does
Pls stop, no joke I'm actually jealous, I know I could get destroyed by super coordinated survivors, but that's literally the best material for improvement
On my way out - but maybe just record and upload to YouTube?
Brother, I actually... just recorded some footage for you, just need to edit it and add some effects if I figure out how......
I'm sure people would appreciate unedited matches, a few in a row uncut, if you're trying to prove a point.
No argument there. I know how to play against those type of teams and be successful against them, but it took losing to them first and learning from the experience to get to that point. Losing is usually the best teacher.
Edited as in adding text so it isn't just a dbd gameplay because there's no voice just game
That's my bad!
Hope it all goes well.
MMR takes into account 80% of your biggest killers MMR so it doesn't matter anyway, you'll go against good people regardless.
For me it don´t make a big difference which killer i play.
I am somewhat mid tier but my killer games still tend to swing from 0 to 100 and back.
Is it true that killers share a base level of MMR? In other words, does my nurse, who has my highest mmr, in any way impact my rating with a new killer?
No editing needed. Just upload like...5 consecutive games, of you - on Trapper - 4king. Please take care to show opponent account names so I can check hours.
The video is ready, and uploaded, it only has 2 games with 2 different killers to show the skill difference,
but I could do 5 games on one killer, perhaps even today.
I'll take a look. Got a link?
No. Survivors deserve to eat nurse and blight 9/10 games if they are good.
ofc they are
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSYMN6jaTM"
Okay, I just watched this. Keep in mind that's this isn't what I asked for, and doesn't prove what you claimed (you can easily 4k top MMR survivors every game on Trapper, and that anyone who can't is bad).
But...let's take a look.
Game 1: Evidently a somewhat experienced Nurse derping around with quite new survivors. You didn't show the endgame screen (mind snapping a picture of that and popping it into this thread?) but they're all base skin, not even trying to juke you and just holding W mostly.
Game 2: A much better game, Survivors are a bit more skilled, but still don't seem to have any idea how to loop effectively (that David was...painful to watch). Out of interest - how many hours do you have? Because you're Pig build doesn't make sense to me at all and (not trying to be nasty here) you also look rather new.
Conclusion: You're either smurfing your MMR down between games or are somewhat new yourself. You're facing evidently very new survivors (all of them are using base skins, even when they are trying to build meta they have no idea what they are doing - I'm confident that I could have run you better and I'm a terrible survivor). But at the end of the day, while this was a fun watch, it's again - it's not what I asked for, and doesn't prove or disprove your assertion regarding Trapper.
Wait, hold on I never said that I can 4k everytime on top MMR, are you crazy?
Also what do you mean I look rather new? What kind of statement is that? I have roughly 1000 hours and I'm not that desperate to bring op perks every single game..
And again, as for the Trapper, I never said anything about 4king top MMR,
I said that I always get potato survivors and 4k every game, and that it's not fun..
Yeah, something doesn't add up here.
You've got 1000 hours and are still crouching around the map as Pig, running both Thana and Devour (why? That's not a non meta build, that's a build with an anti-synergy). You don't even have all the perks unlocked at tier 3, and you own maybe half the killers in the game. I've got less hours than you do and I've got every single killer barring Billy and Twins to 50, with almost every perk unlocked on them and that's with a ton of BP dumped into survivors to unlock perks.
The survivors you're facing are exponentially worse than the survivors I face which is also odd. Either MMR is bugged for you, or there's something else going on here.
Again - not trying to be a jerk, but are you dropping your MMR purposefully? Do you mostly play on survivor or something? Does the game sit open for extended periods, adding to your hours? Because...this doesn't look like the gameplay of a 1000 hour veteran killer at all, either in terms of your play or the survivors you are facing (seriously, all base skins and they don't even have full T3 perks).
If you don't mind me asking, what's your Steam profile called? I'm finding a John Wick, but it doesn't have any DbD played recently. Just trying to get to the bottom of this little mystery.
Brother just because you don't understand the deep machinations of my plays or builds doesn't mean that I'm bad,
I never purpusefuly dropped my rating, I barely have the game open on passively, I have all characters on level 50 just not P3,
also my profile is a sensible info, what you will find there is my profile, 1000hours on DBD over 100 on Apex, bunch of achievments, Rank1 achievment that they changed to Iredescent
Okay. As I said, I'm not calling you bad.
I'm saying that this doesn't look like a 1000 hour account and thus something isn't adding up here.
You absolutely do not have all characters to 50. Which made me suspect that maybe you play a lot of survivor...but:
Your Devotion is only at 13/2.
Now, here's mine.
And my hours played (obviously discounting the 100 or so I have on console):
In reality, it's probably closer to 500-600, as I tend to forget the game open in the background while doing other things.
Do you see why this is odd to me?
EDIT: Could it be that you've overestimated your own hours here or made a simple mistake? Do you play a ton of survivor?
That would explain quite a lot about what I'm observing. Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk - I'm just trying to figure out why we are having such a vastly different experience, if you really do have 1000 hours in the game.
My friend, back in 2016 2017, there was no Shop, there was no Iredescent Shards or Auric Cells, and there wasn't any player level or divotion levels.
Ah...I think I see what might have happened here.
Did you play a lot in the very early days, then take an extended break until recently?
That would certainly explain the difference between our Devotion levels, if not the difference between what we've unlocked.
It would also explain why your MMR is lower.
maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiLtlP0opbw&t=110sLook, no divotion, I even timestamped it.
Yes, I'm aware that there was no devotion pre 2018. Did people not get Devotion retroactively though? I honestly don't know, let me make a separate thread and ask.
Thing is - yeah. That would be mystery solved.
If you took an extended break, then you're pretty much coming back to new player MMR - which means that yes, you'll dominate your first 5-10 matches until the SBMM system figures out where to place you.
Hell, I experienced this after taking a break for a few months.
Once your MMR stabilizes, you'll see substantially stronger opponents all of a sudden.
EDIT: Yep, everyone started at zero. I think that's mystery solved.
i tried a lot of new killers in the last months and my experience was good except for only a few matches. I mean the general balancing problems that Dbd has stay the same but i faced much weaker survivors with killers like Trapper, Legion or Hag (played all of them for the first time).
Oh yeah, only months break? Tose are rookie numbers :D
By the way, I played 6 killer games and secured 4k 3 times, AND I was recording,
1 Trapper and 5 Trickster games, I encountered some really strong loopers and arguably toxic survivors too.. (in game)
And thank you, now I know, that it's actually not that many games before you face good survivors.
Oh yeah, but thanks to StarLost, I actually started to face tremendously harder survivors..
Which is kinda off setting. I mean, when you want to learn a new killer like Nurse or Pinhead. Which are obviously very hard. They shouldn't take the mmr of your best killer, which could be Bubba, but plays so differently on all levels.
Losing 50 matches in a row, just to even out the mmr, won't incentivize people to learn new killers. They'll just stick to their main.
do people still forget the fact that every killer is just M1 killer just with a different trick?
So in your eyes, Nurse and Bubba are basically the same?
if you don't use their powers
But the game is about using their powers. Since the powers are so different, they have an impact on the tactics and how to play.
You're telling me Nurse, a Killer that is slower than Survivors, plays exactly like Bubba
ok that was a bad example,
Nurse is like extended lunge M1 killer
But she isn't an M1 Killer, she can't get M1s
Oh really? what does she do after her blink than?
So we are counting Powers now?
Always has been, Nurse short blink is extended lunge M1,
Bubba chainsaw is really long slower lunge that can instadown or break pallets....
etc.