For pro-Deathslinger nerf people...

What do you think of fps games? CoD? CS:GO? In those games, when you aim, it's instant. When that happens, and the other player dies, it's considered skillful. And you can disagree with that, but many more people are gonna be disagreeing with you, seeing as you're accusing them of having zero skill when they're getting loads of kills, and you're claiming you could easily do what they're doing, no matter if they're way more experienced than you or not.

So why is it different in this game? I'll tell you why: because your minds have been altered to where if there's something that survivors don't have counterplay against at all times, even when they messed up and/or the killer played it right, it shouldn't be in the game. Being a killer main, or even maining Deathslinger, doesn't make your approval of the nerf valid. You either don't care for him because you don't play him, or you did play him and overestimated his strength and downplayed his skill ceiling to an outrageous degree. And if those aren't the case, then tell me why!

I know this is old news, the nerf, but I care so much that I never stopped fighting it, and never let it be normalized. You see the same with Hillbilly and Freddy players; they still haven't forgotten either. I have been longing for old Deathslinger again, and I still haven't seen anything convincing me that he needed to be nerfed in the first place.

Comments

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905213#Comment_2905213

    So, we're going to glide past everything in that message about killer viability or the current state of Deathslinger, because none of that is even slightly relevant to the point at hand. I agree that he currently needs work since the nerfs, while justified, weren't offset well enough and he feels clunky to play. No arguments there.

    So, moving on: Survivors did have input in the chase, except for when he decided to employ the ADS fake quickscope tactic. In those scenarios, even when you're lucky enough to actually have something to break line of sight (which isn't a guarantee), you basically have two options; run straight and thus be an incredibly easy target, or juke side to side and thus lose distance, allowing him to catch up for an M1. That's bad design. Both of your major options will lead to getting hit, and your only hope is for the Deathslinger to miss.

    Did that make him OP? God no, he was a weak killer before and he's a weak killer now- his strength hasn't even changed that much, he just feels awful now. But what it did make him was unhealthy.

    None of this is a defence of his current state, but we gain nothing from pretending that there weren't serious, real issues to be corrected with how he was before. Survivors need agency in the chase, and Deathslinger denied that agency- not in the situational way, like how some killers can engineer specific situations where a survivor can't avoid getting hit, but in the sense that all he required was to be in chase and he could guarantee a hit.

    Yes, it required skill, but there are more things that matter in game balance than whether something requires skill. You weren't outplaying your opponent when you used the ADS fake quickscope tactic, because your opponent didn't have any input in the situation.

    Couldnt they have just applied an ms penalty dropping the gun? It not rocket science.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905229#Comment_2905229

    Couldnt they have just applied an ms penalty dropping the gun? It not rocket science.

    Of course they could have, among a million other changes that would've been better than what we got. At no point in this thread have I actually defended his current state. But your suggestion agrees with my actual point, which is that there was something wrong that warranted fixing.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2903144#Comment_2903144

    I think that slinger and spirit needed to be nerfed. Also DS, object, COH needed it and dead hard and iron will still do.

    I dont think iron will is needing of a nerf

  • There's no comparison needed. Anyone who thinks deathslinger needed to be made less powerful is out of touch with reality. Watch Diablo_97 vs Otz's swf (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vBSv7zPGw). He gets one kill even though he missed like 2 shots the entire game as PRE NERF slinger.

    And otz's SWF isn't even world class or using mean stuff vs a tournament level player bringing sweat perks and addons.


    Now if you want to argue that deathslinger needed a redesign, sure, instant scope felt pretty bad to vs. But he didn't need to be -weaker-

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905236#Comment_2905236

    I didnt want him to be "condemned to a sorry weak state", I do want you to drop the act tho

    They could of easily made his power more interactable for both sides while keeping viable, after all the stronger killers have powers that allow outplays and mindgames for both sides.

    Don't fix what isn't broken. His power was interactable for both sides. The survivors can literally deny him a down by moving while chained behind an obstacle so the chain breaks. They can also predict that he's not gonna shoot, he's gonna shoot, or a mix-up of that. They might predict wrong, but that's where the killer has the advantage as he should.

    The reason the strongest killers are the strongest is because they haven't been nerfed to have unnecessarily weak powers like Deathslinger did. After all this time, you still don't understand these devs. If they 'rework' a killer, they're gonna nerf them. If they nerf them, they're gonna nerf them hard. If they nerf a killer hard, they're now unviable, never to return to viability again.

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905228#Comment_2905228

    Nurse Blink from 10m away = enough time to react. Slinger quickscoping from 10m = no reaction time at all. This is common sense, complaining that it got removed is a waste of time.

    But that is what you're saying, if you'll actually talk about my argument. If a killer is OP and needs to be nerfed, they get lumped into an "OP killer" category with the others, naturally. So you, and everyone else who was fine with this nerf, are saying that Deathslinger needed a nerf as much as Nurse and Blight do, because "It doesn't matter what tier the killer is. If they have something 'OP', it needs to be nerfed."

    And I am gonna keep complaining about this nerf, because I do not agree with these fake statistics y'all keep regurgitating at me. How is the power unreactable? How? If you're running walls tightly to break los, like on a farm map where there's TLs and jungle gyms, and you realize he's catching up to you, instead of hugging the next corner the same way, you dodge his shot which he wants to take because it's the first opportunity he had to actually shoot you. If he misses, he loses distance, has to reload, and the chase resets. If he's super patient and doesn't shoot at the first opportunity, he'll catch up to you and still hit you there probably, but isn't patience a part of killer skill?

    Again, all your statistics and examples keep emphasizing that the survivors "just can't do anything", but they feature no practicality nor the idea that survivors can think outside the box. I've just shown you an example at how the killer has to not only be efficient with his movement and his cutting-off capability, but then also has to make a read on what the survivor's gonna do, after being patient, just to get 1 hit. And killers need to get sub-20 second chases against efficient teams. Please don't tell that I'm "cherry picking" with my above example either, because all survivors and maps are capable of what I've described.

    That's the best argument I've had so far. If it means nothing to you, I'm at a loss.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905225#Comment_2905225

    Whatever dude, anything to cope the fact that you're probably bad with him.

    It's funny, really, because I was so good with him before his nerf, getting injures and down so quick, that I started experimenting with using Dying Light. DYING. LIGHT. Who uses that perk unless they're super confident with their killer? I lost some of those matches, but I did win some.

    Now that he's nerfed and I'm not doing as well with him as I was before, suddenly I guess I'm just a really bad Deathslinger, right? You guys crack me up.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905236#Comment_2905236

    Legion just got his fatique reverted from 4->3 seconds after 3 years. April 2019 was when he got changed. Given at the pace that dev change things, You'll probably need to wait like minimum 2 years for deathslinger to get changes/revert.

    "If there's no mindgames for the killer, especially since the community nerfs any killer that does have mindgames, does survivor really take that much skill?"

    I think we both know answer to that question.

    It's mostly game knowledge, memorization, and execution. Very little on-the-fly or mindgamey type plays are required, which are the things that require skill.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902762#Comment_2902762

    To be fair you could make the same argument with huntress.

    They could make the same argument with literally any killer. "Oh, you're in a chase and you played well and BOOM, you hit the survivor. How is that fair, since they couldn't dodge?"

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905132#Comment_2905132

    Yes that why survivors vault faster and can use pallets as periods of respite to get greater distance. Also he has a damn range limit of a measely 18 meters with a snapable chain. But still people moaned and complained till his key selling point was butchered. Even then his gun has pathetic muzzle velocity. I reckon the derringer in hunt has more speed.

    I ve run the best huntresses and slingers and i can tell you every action they take that buys you time is time i exploited to get distance i always pathed in directions that left me antoher loop close by and avoided structures i know they have an advantage at. Whenever i was caught they either spent several gens worth of time chasing or i messed up my pathing.

    Also lets drop the act we all know 90% of the players here wanted slinger to get gutted and had zero to no interest in actually helping him. Not a single hint of a suggestion on what to do with him crossed there mind. How to compensate slinger and make him fun still to play was never anyones goal. If it was basic ideas like a charged exposed shot, multiple rounds in the chamber, extended range, faster muzzle velocity. Basic simple ideas. But no apprently the dbd community dosent believe in patches that give and take theyd rather see a killer or survivor gutted. Unforgiveable and frankly disgusting that people look at those changes and think it was still a good patch.

    They don't want to learn counterplay. That's why they're so happy for nerfs, because they go from playing easy mode to even easier mode. They literally complain about have to pre-drop pallets against Freddy, Clown, and even Wraith, all of which had BS nerfs. Maybe don't try to be greedy and push through the killer's anti-loop, get hit, and then complain that the killer being OP is why you got hit. They don't want to take the safe option of dropping the pallet because it uses up their "valuable resource" which they have a ton of in any given map, and 5 gens can be done before the killer's even broken through 60% of them. And for sure, these people have zero care for this killer or the people who play him. As long as he's weak enough to where they're not losing to him, they're more than happy with how he is.

  • It's just annoying that I can't hear a survivors who's running in front of me injured, and if I lose him at any point, he's gone or gets loads of distance on me. And because it annoys me and I don't like to deal with it, it needs a nerf. That's the Deathslinger nerf mentality being applied to something else.

  • @Flimflam said:

    There's no comparison needed. Anyone who thinks deathslinger needed to be made less powerful is out of touch with reality. Watch Diablo_97 vs Otz's swf (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vBSv7zPGw). He gets one kill even though he missed like 2 shots the entire game as PRE NERF slinger.

    And otz's SWF isn't even world class or using mean stuff vs a tournament level player bringing sweat perks and addons.

    Now if you want to argue that deathslinger needed a redesign, sure, instant scope felt pretty bad to vs. But he didn't need to be -weaker-

    If it felt bad to vs, that's good. It's reflective of strength. Nurse, Clown, Freddy, Leatherface, Trapper, Sadako, all feel bad to vs, but do I complain about them until they get nerfed? No, because I actually recognize how weak they are, something that none of these clowns did when saying that Deathslinger was "problematic but not OP". It's doublespeak for "He's OP."

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905986#Comment_2905986

    Lol, you were so good with him you changed one of your 4 slowdown perks to another perk, so amazing.

    Wait you unironically are saying dying light is good or new slinger is good? I actually wanna understand this, maybe I missread.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906444#Comment_2906444

    Nah, he's saying he used to be so good on old Slinger he even used Dying Light once, but knowing this guy here on the forums he's probably one of those who runs 4 slowdown perks every match.

    I did run 4 slowdown perks, because I believed they were necessary if you wanted to win, which most killers in the community agree with. I've recently realized that regression perks are pointless because they only work against bad teams that give you loads of downs, and that guaranteed delay like Corrupt/Deadlock/No Way Out is the way. Alternate between hooking 2 people and nobody else to play around DS, so that you can get 1 or 2 out before the end, then make your 4th perk NOED so you can get 1 or 2 more kills, which they can only prevent from activating if they do all the totems. The kills aren't guaranteed; that's all on how well the survivors play. But the time your perks buy you is guaranteed. I have not deviated from this build basically since Artist came out, because if I do I will not be prepared for those high efficiency teams and will lose to them. Even with the build I still lose a bunch, but it's the best I've got. You don't seem to have any understanding of how dire it is for killers at top level, since you're making light of people who run 4 slowdown perks, which isn't even enough anymore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906444#Comment_2906444

    Nah, he's saying he used to be so good on old Slinger he even used Dying Light once, but knowing this guy here on the forums he's probably one of those who runs 4 slowdown perks every match.

    Get a load of this guy, running slowdown perks on the killer with the worst 1v4 in the game, what a noob am I right?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905986#Comment_2905986

    Lol, you were so good with him you changed one of your 4 slowdown perks to another perk, so amazing.

    Feeling some real 'big brain, no shame' energy from this post.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905325#Comment_2905325

    But that is what you're saying, if you'll actually talk about my argument. If a killer is OP and needs to be nerfed, they get lumped into an "OP killer" category with the others, naturally. So you, and everyone else who was fine with this nerf, are saying that Deathslinger needed a nerf as much as Nurse and Blight do, because "It doesn't matter what tier the killer is. If they have something 'OP', it needs to be nerfed."

    And I am gonna keep complaining about this nerf, because I do not agree with these fake statistics y'all keep regurgitating at me. How is the power unreactable? How? If you're running walls tightly to break los, like on a farm map where there's TLs and jungle gyms, and you realize he's catching up to you, instead of hugging the next corner the same way, you dodge his shot which he wants to take because it's the first opportunity he had to actually shoot you. If he misses, he loses distance, has to reload, and the chase resets. If he's super patient and doesn't shoot at the first opportunity, he'll catch up to you and still hit you there probably, but isn't patience a part of killer skill?

    Again, all your statistics and examples keep emphasizing that the survivors "just can't do anything", but they feature no practicality nor the idea that survivors can think outside the box. I've just shown you an example at how the killer has to not only be efficient with his movement and his cutting-off capability, but then also has to make a read on what the survivor's gonna do, after being patient, just to get 1 hit. And killers need to get sub-20 second chases against efficient teams. Please don't tell that I'm "cherry picking" with my above example either, because all survivors and maps are capable of what I've described.

    That's the best argument I've had so far. If it means nothing to you, I'm at a loss.

    Its not about opinion here. Its a fact that quickscoping had no counterplay. Deyning facts just shows what kind of mentality you have.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905307#Comment_2905307

    Don't fix what isn't broken. His power was interactable for both sides. The survivors can literally deny him a down by moving while chained behind an obstacle so the chain breaks. They can also predict that he's not gonna shoot, he's gonna shoot, or a mix-up of that. They might predict wrong, but that's where the killer has the advantage as he should.

    The reason the strongest killers are the strongest is because they haven't been nerfed to have unnecessarily weak powers like Deathslinger did. After all this time, you still don't understand these devs. If they 'rework' a killer, they're gonna nerf them. If they nerf them, they're gonna nerf them hard. If they nerf a killer hard, they're now unviable, never to return to viability again.

    Dont fix what wasnt broken? His power was unhealthy design. Encouraging boring tactics for both parties involved ensuring that each side had the least amount of interaction possible

    Also please stop acting like killers are getting nothing but nerfs. Theyve literally never been in a better state and weve been getting pretty viable killers for years now, with the weakest one probably being Onryo, and even then she has probably one of if not the best map traversal abilities in the game

    99.99% of games I play killer and I lose, its because I could of done something better or because I was genuinely outplayed

    Not because this game is super unbalanced, but because Im a human who makes mistakes and verse other humans who some times have a higher functioning brain than mine

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2905985#Comment_2905985

    Its not about opinion here. Its a fact that quickscoping had no counterplay. Deyning facts just shows what kind of mentality you have.

    a lot things don’t have counterplay, should we just start nerfing swf? Iron will? Ds? 99 gates?

  • @Tryharder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2906630#Comment_2906630

    a lot things don’t have counterplay, should we just start nerfing swf? Iron will? Ds? 99 gates?

    Maybe you need to learn how to counter things like swf, ironwill and DS. Its everything but not impossible.

1 2 3 ›