Why are Nurse and Blight so common yet Spirit isn’t?

At least in my experience. Nurse and Blight are way too common in my games but I have seen only 13 Spirits since her nerf 6 months ago (yes I have counted). I don’t get it when Spirit is arguably in the same tier as they are. Also Spirit feels very fun and rewarding to play (I am not trying to say that Nurse and Blight aren’t to others, I’m just talking about Spirit).

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902277#Comment_2902277

    She's "S" tier base kit. (With good perks I mean)

    I'm talking to you about using teacup.

    She really isn't...like at all. All survivors need is basic tile knowledge and suddenly shes B tier. She can close gaps and maybe end some chases quicker than other killers but her extremely punishing cool down mixed with survivors knowing everything about her makes her a solid high B tier killer. Will stomp out decent and below survivors if shes great but struggles immensely against Great or meta survivors.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902276#Comment_2902276

    Kick the pallet and then phase after them. You gotta stop acting like you should be able to mind game every single pallet that easily.

    Your phase is most likely on cooldown by then and most maps have enough pallets by the time you're done kicking and starting your phase they've reached the next pallet.

  • Blight=Fun

    Spirit=A chore to play, especially against iron will

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902281#Comment_2902281

    Your phase is most likely on cooldown by then and most maps have enough pallets by the time you're done kicking and starting your phase they've reached the next pallet.

    Alright well again if it’s such an issue for you then as @Tr1nity said, use the Teacup. Uchiwa is also a good choice.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902279#Comment_2902279

    She really isn't...like at all. All survivors need is basic tile knowledge and suddenly shes B tier. She can close gaps and maybe end some chases quicker than other killers but her extremely punishing cool down mixed with survivors knowing everything about her makes her a solid high B tier killer. Will stomp out decent and below survivors if shes great but struggles immensely against Great or meta survivors.

    If everyone is using meta perks Spirit will have a good advantage. 3k's are what I usually get when I play spirit.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Blight=Fun

    Spirit=A chore to play, especially against iron will

    Blight in every single game is so annoying though. I don’t really find Blight as fun as I used to. I don’t think his base power needs a nerf though.

  • Well i d probably say that both nurse and blight have more exciting weird variations in terms of builds and power. A lot of spirit meme addons straight dont work. At least nurse and blight jankier addons have some edge case uses.

    Spirit lives in that zone of high skill for solid performance while blight and nurse have high skill for incredible power. Im sorry to break it to ya but if your gonna have such a high skill floor you better have an equivalent payoff otherwise make the killer easier to play.

    Im sure there are those out there who will say nurse blight op pls nerf but the reality of this consistent undercutting of killer skill expresion is clearly impacted the games veterans. How many of dbds old guard has worn away with time. Sure you can argue some of that was natural but I can tell you nerfing every killer with an ounce of skill expression isnt helping. So cut it out!

  • @Zarathos said:

    Well i d probably say that both nurse and blight have more exciting weird variations in terms of builds and power. A lot of spirit meme addons straight dont work. At least nurse and blight jankier addons have some edge case uses.

    Spirit lives in that zone of high skill for solid performance while blight and nurse have high skill for incredible power. Im sorry to break it to ya but if your gonna have such a high skill floor you better have an equivalent payoff otherwise make the killer easier to play.

    Im sure there are those out there who will say nurse blight op pls nerf but the reality of this consistent undercutting of killer skill expresion is clearly impacted the games veterans. How many of dbds old guard has worn away with time. Sure you can argue some of that was natural but I can tell you nerfing every killer with an ounce of skill expression isnt helping. So cut it out!

    A lot of her gimmicky add ons are way more useful than you claim. Senko Hanabi and Wakizashi Saya are prime examples of add ons that have their uses but actually have their own unique learning curve. Nurse and Blight don't have add ons like that.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901975#Comment_2901975

    ""Gutted" would imply they completely nerfed her power even though it's exactly the same on a mechanical level"

    No, it's not. The mechanic was completely changed. The change doesn't have to literally be on the killer, it can be on how the survivors play against her which in turn does affect how she has to play.

    "Survivors just have an actual way to respond to it now."

    They did before, most were just not good at critically thinking how.

    "She still moves faster than them, she still can't be looped as easily as other killers can and the information survivors get isn't 100% perfect - it's vague enough for it to be fair imo."

    Speed is literally all she has now. She can be looped very easily and yes the information they get is 100% unless you're literally playing without headphones. There is zero vagueness to it whatsoever.

    There was only guessing on both sides until the Survivor was injured (then it was guessing on one side only) until the changes were made to Stridor and Spirit.

    If this is your idea of critical thinking, there isn't really much to say.

    The only reliable things to do in a competitive environment before the changes were pre-dropping every single pallet with distance/guessing and getting lucky.

    A comp player actually showed this and in no way shape or form was it feasible or would have contributed to winning in a non comp game of DBD.

    I can however agree that the changes may have been taken a little too far as she does seem fairly weak now compared to her former self.

    The changes that were made to her were absolutely needed, to say she was "gutted" is a complete farce.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902294#Comment_2902294

    A lot of her gimmicky add ons are way more useful than you claim. Senko Hanabi and Wakizashi Saya are prime examples of add ons that have their uses but actually have their own unique learning curve. Nurse and Blight don't have add ons like that.

    This is some serious cope how the hell are you catching anyone with the wakasashi zaya and the senk hanabi dosent even block pallets only vaults. In comparison blights got alchemist tome, ring and the various compounds. Nurse has range add ons and an additional blink. I dont get how we can see such a significant decline in spirit and immediatly assume no fire here just a case of needing git gud.

    Again all the while vetrans of dbd uninstall with every subsequent patch that further kills higher level killer variety with severly overreaching nerfs and introducing basic risk free counterplay. Most games with a shred of common sense tries to look out for its long time fans not dbd tho.

  • NGL I never thought I'd agree with you, because spirit used to be and somewhat still is one of my least favorite killers to play and go against, but I kinda miss seeing them as often. I actually do play against spirits regularly - a few times week, it's so much significantly less since the nerf.

    It's sorta strange seeing a lot of people saying she got ruined completely by the nerf but I think she is still solidly in S tier shrugs

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901985#Comment_2901985

    There was only guessing on both sides until the Survivor was injured (then it was guessing on one side only) until the changes were made to Stridor and Spirit.

    If this is your idea of critical thinking, there isn't really much to say.

    The only reliable things to do in a competitive environment before the changes were pre-dropping every single pallet with distance/guessing and getting lucky.

    A comp player actually showed this and in no way shape or form was it feasible or would have contributed to winning in a non comp game of DBD.

    I can however agree that the changes may have been taken a little too far as she does seem fairly weak now compared to her former self.

    The changes that were made to her were absolutely needed, to say she was "gutted" is a complete farce.

    "There was only guessing on both sides until the Survivor was injured (then it was guessing on one side only) until the changes were made to Stridor and Spirit.

    If this is your idea of critical thinking, there isn't really much to say."

    It was only guessing on survivor if you were playing badly and didn't know what you're doing. The irony in mentioning critical thinking.

    "The only reliable things to do in a competitive environment before the changes were pre-dropping every single pallet with distance/guessing and getting lucky."

    No it wasn't if you actually watched them. Also, pallets are counter play. They aren't the only way though.

    "A comp player actually showed this and in no way shape or form was it feasible or would have contributed to winning in a non comp game of DBD."

    If you watched the video he actually proved the complete opposite.

    "The changes that were made to her were absolutely needed, to say she was "gutted" is a complete farce."

    In a high mmr/comp setting no, it isn't a farce.

  • I still play her religiously but I think its a little bit disigenuous ( I speak spanish this word is misspelled 100%) to say that she works just as fine against good survivors, ill say you can use the audio cue sort of like a red stain to mindgame, but at certain point if a survivor has good headphones and is good at the game those midgames will do nothing.

    The only way you will catch them is in a dead zone or with a pokos hit through windows/pallets, even if you get a good phase wich a good survivor will have to mess up horribly to let you do they can just dh and dunk on you, still she is no legion or sadako per say so she is still above many killers.

  • @squbax said:

    I still play her religiously but I think its a little bit disigenuous ( I speak spanish this word is misspelled 100%) to say that she works just as fine against good survivors, ill say you can use the audio cue sort of like a red stain to mindgame, but at certain point if a survivor has good headphones and is good at the game those midgames will do nothing.

    The only way you will catch them is in a dead zone or with a pokos hit through windows/pallets, even if you get a good phase wich a good survivor will have to mess up horribly to let you do they can just dh and dunk on you, still she is no legion or sadako per say so she is still above many killers.

    Slightly off topic but I really need to ask

    What is a 'Pokos' hit? Like what does it mean?

  • I dropped her after the stridor nerf, sadly iron will has become meta and when I try to play spirit there are almost always atleast 2 iron will gamers there, making my power completely useless and I have to catch them with either luck while phasing and guessing or catch up to them while being slower than other killers and M1 normally

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902339#Comment_2902339

    Slightly off topic but I really need to ask

    What is a 'Pokos' hit? Like what does it mean?

    It's basically a term for those laggy or weird hits that even you as a killer highly doubt should have landed.

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902340#Comment_2902340

    It's basically a term for those laggy or weird hits that even you as a killer highly doubt should have landed.

    Ohh right, those kind of hits

    I get it now.

    Many thanks!

  • Because she isn't S tier anymore even if a handfull of streamer/youtubers say she is. It doesn't translate into reality and wins like Blight/Nurse so she isn't common now.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902352#Comment_2902352

    Ohh right, those kind of hits

    I get it now.

    Many thanks!

    Forgot to also inform, some people too refer to pokos hits as those hots that you land by the tip of the weapon.

  • @squbax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902356#Comment_2902356

    Forgot to also inform, some people too refer to pokos hits as those hots that you land by the tip of the weapon.

    Like those hits where you see the killer fully swing at you, it doesn't look like it'll connect and after a very small delay you get hit?

    God I hate those sometimes

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902364#Comment_2902364

    Like those hits where you see the killer fully swing at you, it doesn't look like it'll connect and after a very small delay you get hit?

    God I hate those sometimes

    Pokos may refer to weird hits, its like tunneling, it became such a broad term in which each person gives their own definition really.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    She used to be brain dead easy. Now she takes a bit of effort. Add to that I don't think very many people enjoy playing as her, they just liked winning.

    I mean she still takes infinitely less effort than Blight or Nurse. Sorry, but as much as survivors hate those two characters, they really aren't very pick up and play and master in a game or two.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902209#Comment_2902209

    I play her all the time and do well with her even against good survivors. I know she’s good because of my experience. If you don’t play her, your input won’t be that valid. Not trying to be mean when I say it but it’s true.

    And yet you give your opinion on Nurse (who you are clearly clueless about) all the time.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902239#Comment_2902239

    And yet you give your opinion on Nurse (who you are clearly clueless about) all the time.

    What's your opinion on Nurse?

    Give evidence, please.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901943#Comment_2901943

    I mean she still takes infinitely less effort than Blight or Nurse. Sorry, but as much as survivors hate those two characters, they really aren't very pick up and play and master in a game or two.

    Is there a meta perk that hardcore counters Blight and Nurse? No.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902239#Comment_2902239

    And yet you give your opinion on Nurse (who you are clearly clueless about) all the time.

    I go against her at least once a day (if I’m playing that day). Try again.

  • Spirit Is too easy to counter, she just another pubstomp killer that rekt noobs and get stomp by any survivor with a brain. They shouldn’t have nerfed her, the only reason she was strong and fun because she was truly invisible now she got a directional sound and iron will got buffed. It’s safe to say we can’t have actual invisible killers without giving them a directional lullaby or any info that give survivors a free head start.

    I don’t really understand when people say she not braindead any more, she was never braindead to use she literally can’t see people meanwhile survivors can tell where she at and literally just walk away because iron will take skill. But I rather see and actually chase survivors with any other killer than flipping a coin every chase with spirit

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902373#Comment_2902373

    Is there a meta perk that hardcore counters Blight and Nurse? No.

    I mean...

    Dead Hard, kinda?

    I think Iron Will is also really good against Nurse since she can't track you through walls as easily.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901943#Comment_2901943

    I mean she still takes infinitely less effort than Blight or Nurse. Sorry, but as much as survivors hate those two characters, they really aren't very pick up and play and master in a game or two.

    I'm aware. What i meant was I think it was a combination of Spirit now taking effort and my suspicion that her play style was never actually popular. Blight can be fun for just goofing around and strong if time is put in.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902394#Comment_2902394

    I mean...

    Dead Hard, kinda?

    I think Iron Will is also really good against Nurse since she can't track you through walls as easily.

    Dead Hard is actually a requirement against a decent Blight and Nurse or else you die. Also about Iron Will against Nurse, if she plays correctly (playing reaction game and not prediction game) then it’s really not that strong against her.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902397#Comment_2902397

    Dead Hard is actually a requirement against a decent Blight and Nurse or else you die. Also about Iron Will against Nurse, if she plays correctly (playing reaction game and not prediction game) then it’s really not that strong against her.

    Oh no i don't disagree, you're totally right

    It's just I think DH counters their ability, that's why it's needed if you get me

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902376#Comment_2902376

    I go against her at least once a day (if I’m playing that day). Try again.

    Right, and i have over 1000 hours with her. You shouldn’t be talking about her. Lol

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902400#Comment_2902400

    Oh no i don't disagree, you're totally right

    It's just I think DH counters their ability, that's why it's needed if you get me

    Yeah I guess.

  • My opinion is that more killers should be like nurse. She creates the opportunity for mindgames while other killers can literally do nothing except hope to catch 1 and camp against a good team. In competitive play (which shows what is possible when people learn the game) she averages 2k and is clearly not this “game breaking” character that everyone claims her to be.

    I hate to be the “back in my day” guy, but games used to incentivize you to play and improve at the game. The devs and the majority of survivors on here seem to think it’s ok to balance the game around people who are too entitled to learn.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902282#Comment_2902282

    If everyone is using meta perks Spirit will have a good advantage. 3k's are what I usually get when I play spirit.

    And I would assume from that that the survivors you are going against are not optimal. Either that you're a god at the game.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902283#Comment_2902283

    Alright well again if it’s such an issue for you then as @Tr1nity said, use the Teacup. Uchiwa is also a good choice.

    "Don't fix balancing or acknowledge her problems just run an iridescent add-on." C'mon dude you're a spirit main just acknowledge shes not the best I know its genuinely difficult especially when you love the killer but you gotta do it.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902395#Comment_2902395

    Right, and i have over 1000 hours with her. You shouldn’t be talking about her. Lol

    You know what maybe you’re right. I really let my Spirit emotions get the best of me (once again) in this thread. Idk I guess I just want to show why she’s such a fun killer to everyone but I get argumentative when someone says she’s weak and/or not fun even though I don’t need to.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902287#Comment_2902287

    "Don't fix balancing or acknowledge her problems just run an iridescent add-on." C'mon dude you're a spirit main just acknowledge shes not the best I know its genuinely difficult especially when you love the killer but you gotta do it.

    It’s just my opinion and personal experience. I think she’s fun and strong. If you think she’s weak then that’s fine.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902408#Comment_2902408

    You know what maybe you’re right. I really let my Spirit emotions get the best of me (once again) in this thread. Idk I guess I just want to show why she’s such a fun killer to everyone but I get argumentative when someone says she’s weak and/or not fun even though I don’t need to.

    I mean fun is subjective. You can’t really convince someone that something is fun

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902440#Comment_2902440

    I mean fun is subjective. You can’t really convince someone that something is fun

    I know and sometimes I have a hard time accepting that. I guess I just want people to experience the same enjoyment I get when playing her but always forget that I can’t speak for everyone’s preferences, if that makes sense.

  • Nurse and Blight are stronger, so they're more popular, especially at high MMR.

    Demogorgon is more fun

  • Because while spirit can certainly hold up, blight and nurse are still arguably one step above

    Personally i prefer blight nurse over spirit any day of the week, because i like the satisfaction involved when pulling off a really skilled blink or getting some nice bump logic, but im also a die hard hillbilly main so i cant speak for everyone.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901919#Comment_2901919

    It’s fine if you don’t find her fun but don’t act like she’s not a good killer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901921#Comment_2901921

    You know she has two add ons that counter pallet camping right? Even if she didn’t, she can still manage it by simple pressing space bar and catching up with great speed.

    Tell me one thing she can do that other killers can't do better. They certainly don't have to blind themselves to hit survivors, do they?

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901925#Comment_2901925

    Tell me one thing she can do that other killers can't do better. They certainly don't have to blind themselves to hit survivors, do they?

    I don't know anything about Spirit but I'll tell you a cool fact about Demogorgon:

    Demogorgon's Shred is the fastest Power in the game, as it increases the Demogorgon's speed to 460%, or 18.4 Meters

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902510#Comment_2902510

    I don't know anything about Spirit but I'll tell you a cool fact about Demogorgon:

    Demogorgon's Shred is the fastest Power in the game, as it increases the Demogorgon's speed to 460%, or 18.4 Meters

    Depends on if you count projectiles (Trickster is faster than Huntress/Deathslinger who are equal), and Victor’s pounce.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2901925#Comment_2901925

    Tell me one thing she can do that other killers can't do better. They certainly don't have to blind themselves to hit survivors, do they?

    They can’t move at great speed without turn restrictions and also is still practically invisible.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902510#Comment_2902510

    They can’t move at great speed without turn restrictions and also is still practically invisible.

    Her speed makes up for her being 110% and her slow startup animation. 115% killers have a net gain on her in terms of speed and chase time.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902514#Comment_2902514

    Depends on if you count projectiles (Trickster is faster than Huntress/Deathslinger who are equal), and Victor’s pounce.

    Victor counts as a projectile for some reason, and no, I'm not counting projectiles, as they don't increase the Killer's movement speed

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2902525#Comment_2902525

    Her speed makes up for her being 110% and her slow startup animation. 115% killers have a net gain on her in terms of speed and chase time.

    But are those killers invisible?

  • Invisibility is nothing in this game. Wraith and Sadako are invisible and are some of the worst killers in the game.

1 2 3 4