Survivors CAN'T get new meta Perks

I've seen a lot of recent complaints about Survivors not getting any new meta Perks, which is 100% understandable, Killers have been getting more and more good Perks, and a lot of Survivor Perks just aren't good and aren't getting buffed either.

What my issue with these complaints is, is that there CAN'T be any new meta Perks added.

Why?

Because for there to be new meta Perks, they'd need to be better than the current meta Perks, which means they'd be straight up broken and overpowered, or easily abuseable. It happened with Boil Over and it happened with Circle Of Healing.


If Survivors wanted new meta Perks, they'd have to accept that most of their meta would need to be nerfed slightly to be on the level of most Perks, along with buffing some of the weaker Perks to find a middle ground

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896153#Comment_2896153

    Became the Killer meta is generally balanced, unlike the Survivor meta? The Survivor meta is made out of second chances, the Killer meta is made out of Perks that make the game longer so Generators don't get finished in 5 minutes

    The survivor meta is totaly fine. But unless killers youre forced to run perks cause the game is awfully flawed towards killer gameplay. Ah what would be the outcry if killers had to sacrifice 3 perkslots for "survivor strategies". They would cry a river and announce the game is unplayable. Instead they still justify their abuse of gameflaws and still not acknowledge how bad theyre instead.

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896158#Comment_2896158

    The survivor meta is totaly fine. But unless killers youre forced to run perks cause the game is awfully flawed towards killer gameplay. Ah what would be the outcry if killers had to sacrifice 3 perkslots for "survivor strategies". They would cry a river and announce the game is unplayable. Instead they still justify their abuse of gameflaws and still not acknowledge how bad theyre instead.

    Killers have to sacrifice 3 Perk Slots for Survivors.


    Corrupt Intervention or Lethal Pursuer for the early game, which every Killer struggles

    Hex: Ruin for slowdown

    Hex: Undying so Ruin can do anything


    Or


    Corrupt Intervention/Lethal Pursuer

    Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance for slowdown

    Dead Man's Switch for slowdown


    Or


    Corrupt Intervention/Lethal Pursuer

    Pop Goes The Weasel for slowdown

    Call Of Brine for slowdown


    I could go on, there's quite a few slowdown Perks and combos.


    Survivors have to sacrifice 2 Perk Slots Max, those being DS and BT. Every other Perk slot is free

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895928#Comment_2895928

    What’s there not to understand? People have different skill levels and abilities.

    The problem with only thinking about yourself in SoloQ is that you’re more than likely going to get hatch most of the time and hatch doesn’t count as a “win”. So unless you are already high up you’re going to be stuck in low MMR for a long time.

    Being higher MMR doesn't mean I will get good teammates. Usually just means tryhard killers (which is not a problem) with potato teammates (which is a problem)

    Only SWF ensures you get a team around skill level in this game. Even back at rank 1 it didn't mean your team was necessarily going to be that good. On average a rank 1 killer was going to be way more skilled than a rank 1 survivor, because the rank 1 killer has to outplay 4 different people every match and to get there requires just as much knowledge as the rank 1 survivor and then some.

    Thus, I don't care about my survivor MMR in the slightest. All I care about is surviving really.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896109#Comment_2896109

    PR+DMS is only a problem if Survivors don't know how to counter it.

    Get off the Generator before a Survivor gets hooked, and then get back on it.

    Pentimento isn't really underrated. It requires Survivors to cleanse Totems for it to work, which most of them don't, thanks to the new Boon Perks.

    Sure, it works with other Perks, but it's only useful when you run 2/3 Perks along with it, which is a whole build, just for Pentimento to work

    Idk if Pentimento is really “underrated”, I think people just don’t use it much because as you said it requires you to use other perks to go with it. But with the right perks and the right killer it’s absolutely disgusting.

    I use it on plague with thana, thrill, and plaything. Survivors don’t bless because COH is mostly worthless against her, so they either have to deal with pentimento (and spend forever doing totems anyway because thrill and thana stack) or be oblivious all game against a killer that can either have a power as strong as corrupt purge or have you injured all game because you decided not to cleanse.

    @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896076#Comment_2896076

    I said slowdown/stalling perks. I don't have much of a problem with noed tbh. Actually I wouldn't have a problem with it at all of it wasn't for slowdown perks that make it almost impossible to "do bones" and finish all the gens too, if the killer has any idea of what they're doing. Ah yeah, that counterplay you mentioned doesn't work much because there are some spawns that you simply won't come across while doing gens only)

    Anyway my biggest problem right now as a single perk is DMS, but overall it's how well stalling perks synergize together, especially PR + DMS (-15% + up to 45 seconds = 55% gen progress)/Pop (-15 + (-25)%). Luckily, people are seriously underestimating how strong pentimento is too, because other than the 30% slowdown, there's the passive slowdown of having to cleanse twice totems (finding them + going to them). If someone gets hooked close to the rekindled totem, that's a free ticket to camping, and survivors don't even have the option of "doing gens" anymore as a single gen now requires ~120 seconds to complete.

    Basically, slowdown perks by themselves aren't even that strong/they're ok. But put together they're just too strong

    I don’t think there’s any 1 slowdown which is a problem but stacking some of them can get a bit ridiculous I agree. I don’t even have much of an issue with ruin/undying/tinkerer because that strategy is mostly dependent on the totems and tinkerer is far less effective once they’re gone, but having PR and pop remove 40% gen progression per hook is kinda nuts. At the same time though toolboxes and prove thyself are also an issue and ideally I’d like to see base regression made a bit better + the early game revisited, and then nerf slowdown perks and toolboxes/prove all at the same time.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896128#Comment_2896128

    Idk if Pentimento is really “underrated”, I think people just don’t use it much because as you said it requires you to use other perks to go with it. But with the right perks and the right killer it’s absolutely disgusting.

    I use it on plague with thana, thrill, and plaything. Survivors don’t bless because COH is mostly worthless against her, so they either have to deal with pentimento (and spend forever doing totems anyway because thrill and thana stack) or be oblivious all game against a killer that can either have a power as strong as corrupt purge or have you injured all game because you decided not to cleanse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896109#Comment_2896109

    I don’t think there’s any 1 slowdown which is a problem but stacking some of them can get a bit ridiculous I agree. I don’t even have much of an issue with ruin/undying/tinkerer because that strategy is mostly dependent on the totems and tinkerer is far less effective once they’re gone, but having PR and pop remove 40% gen progression per hook is kinda nuts. At the same time though toolboxes and prove thyself are also an issue and ideally I’d like to see base regression made a bit better + the early game revisited, and then nerf slowdown perks and toolboxes/prove all at the same time.

    Interesting plague build, I might try it removing thrill for bbq or corrupt

    Regarding the rest, yeah that's what I said. As single perks they're ok, but stacked is just insane

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896076#Comment_2896076

    I said slowdown/stalling perks. I don't have much of a problem with noed tbh. Actually I wouldn't have a problem with it at all of it wasn't for slowdown perks that make it almost impossible to "do bones" and finish all the gens too, if the killer has any idea of what they're doing. Ah yeah, that counterplay you mentioned doesn't work much because there are some spawns that you simply won't come across while doing gens only)

    Anyway my biggest problem right now as a single perk is DMS, but overall it's how well stalling perks synergize together, especially PR + DMS (-15% + up to 45 seconds = 55% gen progress)/Pop (-15 + (-25)%). Luckily, people are seriously underestimating how strong pentimento is too, because other than the 30% slowdown, there's the passive slowdown of having to cleanse twice totems (finding them + going to them). If someone gets hooked close to the rekindled totem, that's a free ticket to camping, and survivors don't even have the option of "doing gens" anymore as a single gen now requires ~120 seconds to complete.

    Basically, slowdown perks by themselves aren't even that strong/they're ok. But put together they're just too strong

    Blocked Gens don't regress

    So that's only 15% lost for 45 seconds... and neither side can touch that Gen (and yes I would've lowered the timer to 30 seconds)

    PR plus Pop would equal out to 40% loss of progress (if it works out)

    Also remember that the game is 1 V 4 so slowdown is almost necessary... and the same for synergies

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896109#Comment_2896109

    Blocked Gens don't regress

    So that's only 15% lost for 45 seconds... and neither side can touch that Gen (and yes I would've lowered the timer to 30 seconds)

    PR plus Pop would equal out to 40% loss of progress (if it works out)

    Also remember that the game is 1 V 4 so slowdown is almost necessary... and the same for synergies

    Thanks, I didn't know blocked gens didn't regress, I started playing yesterday /s

    A blocked gen cannot be worked on either. So you waste 45 seconds, which amount to 56% of the progress of a gen.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Except DS and BT, they can nuke survivor meta. I don't mind.

    Those perks needed for have chance win, sad but true.

    I think the devs need to start buffing survivor perks that are weak but not make them OP.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896325#Comment_2896325

    Thanks, I didn't know blocked gens didn't regress, I started playing yesterday /s

    A blocked gen cannot be worked on either. So you waste 45 seconds, which amount to 56% of the progress of a gen.

    True... but also the Killer can't kick it... So think of it as a win-win (cause you only lost 15%.. .while yes you can't work on it for the duration there should be other Gens to work on... and a save that should happen... The PR/DMS only works on the Gen with the most progressed Gen... unless someone else lets go of another Gen)

    Also I think that the time does need to be lowered for it's effect

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895917#Comment_2895917

    I think the devs need to start buffing survivor perks that are weak but not make them OP.

    Devs need to continue buffing all perks. Number tweaks if they can't rework the perk at the time. Just put 1-2 buffed perks per update instead of waiting to do a set of 8 at a time.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I'd really like to see a perk added that better addresses the issue of face camping. Heck, buff Kinship and I'd use it more. I feel like if they did that it could be partially meta but not broken hopefully. Either way I want something to help make face camping not feel so awful.

    Surprised the devs haven't tried buffing kinship to work on other survivors as well as yourself. That way if you have kinship and you get within 16 meters of a hooked survivor, their hook timer is paused as well. Would be pretty game-changing.

  • It’s very difficult to give survivors new meta perks without making them OP as the current meta perks are already incredibly strong. You’re left with three major options:

    1) Introduce perks which are as strong as the current meta, which either won’t be used or will be used in conjunction, making the meta even more overbearing for the majority of the killer roster

    2) Introduce perks which are more powerful than the current meta - power creep

    3) Nerf the meta in order to replace it

  • Survivors need perks that actually help in a trial. And without nerfing those that might actually be used, such as Circle of Healing and Lucky Break.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Survivors need perks that actually help in a trial. And without nerfing those that might actually be used, such as Circle of Healing and Lucky Break.

    Survivor meta is already strong, new perks can not change it.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Survivors need perks that actually help in a trial. And without nerfing those that might actually be used, such as Circle of Healing and Lucky Break.

    It's an honor having you comment on one of my posts.


    Yes, Survivors should have Perks that help them in a Trial. Problem is, is that they wouldn't be used often, because they would be weaker than the current meta. At the same time, they can't be meta, because they'd have to be as strong as the current meta, or even stronger which would be way too strong

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896612#Comment_2896612

    Survivor meta is already strong, new perks can not change it.

    If more perks were really good then more variety. I've hardly seen anyone use Dark Theory. A negligible speed boost in a small area that the killer can easy snuff is not good.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896618#Comment_2896618

    If more perks were really good then more variety. I've hardly seen anyone use Dark Theory. A negligible speed boost in a small area that the killer can easy snuff is not good.

    Boons are garbage, except CoH. Agreed. But we have some good perks like Vigil, WoO, Lithe, Spine Chill etc and i am seeing this perks so rare. All of them good perks but survivor meta is so strong, nobody uses other perks.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2896224#Comment_2896224

    Interesting plague build, I might try it removing thrill for bbq or corrupt

    Regarding the rest, yeah that's what I said. As single perks they're ok, but stacked is just insane

    Yeah corrupt helps for early game slowdown which is pretty much the one thing this build doesn’t have. You need a good start or it falls apart fast.

  • You can literally win every game with CoH atm so no, there's no need for new meta perks.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/318571/survivors-cant-get-new-meta-perks

    This guy gets it.

    Survivor Mains act like Killers get AMAZING new perks every patch. Listen, just because Killers use new perks does not meant they are meta. It means they are not chained to the same six perks. You could ban TWENTY perks that I could not use as a Killer, and I'd still put together a fun build.

    Ban just five perks for Survivors - Dead Hard, Borrowed Time, Iron Will, Decisive Strike, and Unbreakable - and watch the entire Survivor Main community have an absolutely freaking meltdown.

    I wouldn't mind those perks getting banned, I just don't really want to deal with Jane basically enjoying getting injured

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895914#Comment_2895914

    I wonder if people who complain about this alleged "killers getting the best new perks all the time" even understand this game's perk system for killers. It's the exact same thing as the survivor perk system: You have to unequip a good perk to equip another. Killers don't get to stack additional good perks on top of their 4 perk slots, which is what these people make it sound like. And these perks we're getting are way worse than they make them out to be. "More new gen defence?!" Yes, but who uses Eruption? "More new Exposed perks?!" Yes, but who uses Starstruck?

    Starstruck Nurse on Midwich is nightmare fuel. Especially if that woman has Tinkerer's. I've been abused by this and have some Nurse PTSD

1 2 ›