Cheaters are literally advertising cheating bots on Twitch

Is this what this game become,how is this even allowed?

I know this game isn't perfect,but the lenght some people are going to make this game as miserable as possible and ruin it is just sad.

Comments

  • So you can report them, cause its not allowed. Stop telling lies.

  • Definitely report them. Even a perfect dev team would need to get reports, after all.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Definitely report them. Even a perfect dev team would need to get reports, after all.

    I'm honestly tired of making reports,this will only ban 1 cheater,but there are so many,they need a better anticheat that automatically detects people tampering with the game.

  • @jesterkind said:

    Definitely report them. Even a perfect dev team would need to get reports, after all.

    Spirit AI bots have been in this game for over a year, there have been reddit threads abbout this for a long time, like OVER A YEAR.

    Its all over their twitter, they are aware of the bots, because DBD content creators have bgeen making videos for a long time about this.

    It baffles me how people think the devs are not aware of this,... more striking is that nothing has been acknowledged.

    but they are most certainly aware

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886623#Comment_2886623

    I'm honestly tired of making reports,this will only ban 1 cheater,but there are so many,they need a better anticheat that automatically detects people tampering with the game.

    That'd be the ideal, but it'll only last so long until people build a 12 foot ladder, so to speak.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886630#Comment_2886630

    That'd be the ideal, but it'll only last so long until people build a 12 foot ladder, so to speak.

    I've played other video games and the cheating wasn't this bad.

    Its really starting to get to the point where you rather play something else than deal with cheaters so often.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886623#Comment_2886623

    Spirit AI bots have been in this game for over a year, there have been reddit threads abbout this for a long time, like OVER A YEAR.

    Its all over their twitter, they are aware of the bots, because DBD content creators have bgeen making videos for a long time about this.

    It baffles me how people think the devs are not aware of this,... more striking is that nothing has been acknowledged.

    but they are most certainly aware

    Not that they're not aware of the problem, but that they need direction to who specifically is doing it.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886631#Comment_2886631

    Not that they're not aware of the problem, but that they need direction to who specifically is doing it.

    I didn't play dbd these past few days because I dont wanna waste my time dealing with hackers and cheating bots.

    They need to adress it sooner rather than later.

  • I don't know what anyone expected. BHVR seems to have no desire to do anything about it (besides make their players fill out more paperwork to report someone than getting a mortgage).

    So sellers are going to make bank as long as they can until BHVR finally realizes that maybe they need to finally try anything to fix it or the game is bled dry and dies.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I don't know what anyone expected. BHVR seems to have no desire to do anything about it (besides make their players fill out more paperwork to report someone than getting a mortgage).

    So sellers are going to make bank as long as they can until BHVR finally realizes that maybe they need to finally try anything to fix it or the game is bled dry and dies.

    This is money BHVR loses going somewhere else while slowly killing the game.

    Its their only game,I dont think they afford to let it die.

  • @Tiufal said:

    So you can report them, cause its not allowed. Stop telling lies.

    Uhm... i don´t know how to tell you. But he isn´t lying.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I don't know what anyone expected. BHVR seems to have no desire to do anything about it (besides make their players fill out more paperwork to report someone than getting a mortgage).

    So sellers are going to make bank as long as they can until BHVR finally realizes that maybe they need to finally try anything to fix it or the game is bled dry and dies.

    I stopped filling out those reports, once they took longer than my matches.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886641#Comment_2886641

    This is money BHVR loses going somewhere else while slowly killing the game.

    Its their only game,I dont think they afford to let it die.

    You'd think BHVR would understand that short term losses to build an anti-cheating system or something is better than the long term losses of their game dying because their player base gets tired of cheaters but...well...*gestures to everything*

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886641#Comment_2886641

    I stopped filling out those reports, once they took longer than my matches.

    Exactly,its not worth wasting your time,its BHVR job to deal with hackers not ours.

    Sure I fill a report when there's a subtle cheater,but obvious cheats not being detectable?Come on.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886641#Comment_2886641

    I stopped filling out those reports, once they took longer than my matches.

    Same. While Xbox Series X has some handy recording/sharing stuff, it's absolutely baffling me that anyone would ever have to leave the game to another device to do a report. I have to cut the clip, upload the clip to the internet, go onto my computer, fill out the paperwork, figure out how to get my clip from where it uploaded to BHVR, hope I filled it all out right (I can't copy/paste, I'm reporting on an entirely different device since I can't do this from my Xbox), and then submit it and hope BHVR took action.

    I'm done wasting 20 minutes of my life policing BHVRs game.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886649#Comment_2886649

    Exactly,its not worth wasting your time,its BHVR job to deal with hackers not ours.

    Sure I fill a report when there's a subtle cheater,but obvious cheats not being detectable?Come on.

    Subtle ones should be easy to detect too.

    The game running on the server and an the 5 playing computers has the perks, addons, positions, state, of every player. Checking a player is doing something he isn't supposed to do is pretty easy and could be checked at all time by any of these five. The server could immediately kick/ban a player sending impossible data to the game. (Assuming that data is encrypted and cannot be spoofed easily like a basic clear UDP message).

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886655#Comment_2886655

    Subtle ones should be easy to detect too.

    The game running on the server and an the 5 playing computers has the perks, addons, positions, state, of every player. Checking a player is doing something he isn't supposed to do is pretty easy and could be checked at all time by any of these five. The server could immediately kick/ban a player sending impossible data to the game. (Assuming that data is encrypted and cannot be spoofed easily like a basic clear UDP message).

    I agree,there is no excuse for them not detecting blatant cheaters.

  • @Tiufal said:

    So you can report them, cause its not allowed. Stop telling lies.

    How is what he said a lie? Anyone who has been around for more than a week knows it's true.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886649#Comment_2886649

    Exactly,its not worth wasting your time,its BHVR job to deal with hackers not ours.

    Sure I fill a report when there's a subtle cheater,but obvious cheats not being detectable?Come on.

    I hoped that dedicated servers would allow the devs to track everything that happens during a match. But i was wrong.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886655#Comment_2886655

    I hoped that dedicated servers would allow the devs to track everything that happens during a match. But i was wrong.

    I agree,nothing has changed.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886649#Comment_2886649

    Same. While Xbox Series X has some handy recording/sharing stuff, it's absolutely baffling me that anyone would ever have to leave the game to another device to do a report. I have to cut the clip, upload the clip to the internet, go onto my computer, fill out the paperwork, figure out how to get my clip from where it uploaded to BHVR, hope I filled it all out right (I can't copy/paste, I'm reporting on an entirely different device since I can't do this from my Xbox), and then submit it and hope BHVR took action.

    I'm done wasting 20 minutes of my life policing BHVRs game.

    Exactly! Reporting is so complicated. On Steam i have to copy paste the cheaters ID64, and also my own (why?). But before this, i need to search a page that converts the ID. Then of course upload the video capture on youtube, because everything thats bigger than 10mb won´t get accepted as upload. And all this in the hope that the cheater (or whatever the reportable issue was) gets banned. Since i´ll never know if or what happend.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886661#Comment_2886661

    Exactly! Reporting is so complicated. On Steam i have to copy paste the cheaters ID64, and also my own (why?). But before this, i need to search a page that converts the ID. Then of course upload the video capture on youtube, because everything thats bigger than 10mb won´t get accepted as upload. And all this in the hope that the cheater (or whatever the reportable issue was) gets banned. Since i´ll never know if or what happend.

    Yeah,I dont wanna go through that everytime I want to report a cheater when there's so many.

    Why BHVR cant understand cheaters are bad for the game and need to take them seriously

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886631#Comment_2886631

    Not that they're not aware of the problem, but that they need direction to who specifically is doing it.

    Or, now this is a long reach - fix the backend to not allow them to use their coding to run bots?

    Banning individual bot account will not fix the problem at all.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886638#Comment_2886638

    Or, now this is a long reach - fix the backend to not allow them to use their coding to run bots?

    Banning individual bot account will not fix the problem at all.

    Sure, but people are always going to find ways around that. Even if BHVR had a perfect tactic to deal with hackers and bots right now, they'd still need reliable reports from players to keep on top of the problem. I'm not saying that they're doing as much as they can, I'm saying that you'd need to report no matter what.

    A better criticism would be that the report system is very clumsy, which it is. That needs fixing too, just as much as anything else.

  • This is literally a Twitch issue that they're not taking the channels down.

  • Guess I won’t be finishing my Rift for the first time, thanks to having no desire to play with a cheater + bot pandemic. Thanks BHVR!

    Mobile used to have a severe cheating problem, but I now have more regular cheaters in the base game than mobile (once every couple hundred matches or so). Telling.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886690#Comment_2886690

    Sure, but people are always going to find ways around that. Even if BHVR had a perfect tactic to deal with hackers and bots right now, they'd still need reliable reports from players to keep on top of the problem. I'm not saying that they're doing as much as they can, I'm saying that you'd need to report no matter what.

    A better criticism would be that the report system is very clumsy, which it is. That needs fixing too, just as much as anything else.

    I stopped making videos, uploading vids to youtube etc years and years ago. Its a waste of time imo. As others mention above, you literally can spend over 20+ minutes even trying to get it uploaded. Its not my job to ban cheaters nor waste 30 minutes a day reporting things and you never know the outcome. I log on to play a game with my maybe 45 minutes at night to play, not gonna be a jannie

    Why did I stop reporting? Because back when the broken maps allowed people to go to places of map killer couldnt hit them, I got a couple people banned, including a streamer on twitch.... guess what? They unbanned everyone that Saturday and created "soft bans" in the old days they actually banned people. Its honestly not worth my time

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886702#Comment_2886702

    I stopped making videos, uploading vids to youtube etc years and years ago. Its a waste of time imo. As others mention above, you literally can spend over 20+ minutes even trying to get it uploaded. Its not my job to ban cheaters nor waste 30 minutes a day reporting things and you never know the outcome. I log on to play a game with my maybe 45 minutes at night to play, not gonna be a jannie

    Why did I stop reporting? Because back when the broken maps allowed people to go to places of map killer couldnt hit them, I got a couple people banned, including a streamer on twitch.... guess what? They unbanned everyone that Saturday and created "soft bans" in the old days they actually banned people. Its honestly not worth my time

    Yes, the report system sucks. The perfect solution, however, isn't for them to "fix hacking" and everyone gets to rest on their laurels, it's for the report system to be less awful to use.

    If you care about hacking being fixed and that fix then maintained for longer than a week, you're still going to need to report even in the most perfect possible outcome.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886649#Comment_2886649

    I stopped when a blatant hacker said on the endgame chat he wanted us to report him so he could get to 200 account bans. At this point I just stopped wasting my time. It's not my job to fix this.

    Wow...

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886712#Comment_2886712

    Yes, the report system sucks. The perfect solution, however, isn't for them to "fix hacking" and everyone gets to rest on their laurels, it's for the report system to be less awful to use.

    If you care about hacking being fixed and that fix then maintained for longer than a week, you're still going to need to report even in the most perfect possible outcome.


    It is most certainly on them to "fix the hacking" with or without a single report from me or anyone.

    People can argue about it all day, but I don't have to report anything in the end it is their product/service and without "fixing the hacking" it will be their problem no matter how good or bad the report function works.

    Not to mention, the bots use fast changing names that uses symbols and stuff, it can be almost impossible to even get their ID, it masks their username and then changes it on steam while they are playing

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886717#Comment_2886717

    It is most certainly on them to "fix the hacking" with or without a single report from me or anyone.

    People can argue about it all day, but I don't have to report anything in the end it is their product/service and without "fixing the hacking" it will be their problem no matter how good or bad the report function works.

    Not to mention, the bots use fast changing names that uses symbols and stuff, it can be almost impossible to even get their ID, it masks their username and then changes it on steam while they are playing

    Yes, of course it's on them to actually develop and implement the fix, but maintaining it requires knowing how people are circumventing it, and that's information they'll get at least partially from player reports.

  • Welp it’s a good thing I’ve been considering uninstalling DBD very soon.

  • @GannTM said:

    Welp it’s a good thing I’ve been considering uninstalling DBD very soon.

    I dont blame you,its sad coming back just to quit so soon.

    But its the sad state this game is in.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886649#Comment_2886649

    I stopped when a blatant hacker said on the endgame chat he wanted us to report him so he could get to 200 account bans. At this point I just stopped wasting my time. It's not my job to fix this.

    We need game replay, we need easier tools to report these stains.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886621#Comment_2886621

    Uhm... i don´t know how to tell you. But he isn´t lying.

    @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886621#Comment_2886621

    How is what he said a lie? Anyone who has been around for more than a week knows it's true.

    Hes telling that it would be allowed by asking how it is allowed. Simple as that. Its a lie, cause its not allowed.

  • Yeah I have just been watching one play, their account just got banned (again) though lol...

    But they just set up another account and are right back to it and Twitch doesn't seem to do anything about it. I realise bot matches are permitted on Twitch but I would think it would not be the case if that bot is the result of manipulating code with the intention to exploit it

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    Yeah I have just been watching one play, their account just got banned (again) though lol...

    But they just set up another account and are right back to it and Twitch doesn't seem to do anything about it. I realise bot matches are permitted on Twitch but I would think it would not be the case if that bot is the result of manipulating code with the intention to exploit it

    Twitch is not the same as it used to be. Just google they just unbanned that Narcissa person, and what they did was far worse than a bot.

    Unbanned like nothing happened.

  • I assume they still haven't addressed this publicly?

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2886816#Comment_2886816

    Twitch is not the same as it used to be. Just google they just unbanned that Narcissa person, and what they did was far worse than a bot.

    Unbanned like nothing happened.

    Oh I totally agree, I have quite a few friends who are streamers and I used to support them a lot but giving any money to Twitch hurts my soul. I can't say too much here but there are shall we say 'ideological' agendas with the way Twitch is run that make me despise the platform more and more.