As a killer, I hate NOED and wish it was removed.
I know what you was thinking, how typical someone says as killer nerf this killer perk but hear me out it's not what you think.
So as survivor I dont really care for NOED, admittedly its abit annoying now due to MMR being escapes only so if I'm hooked near noed etc. I'm "bad" but it doesnt hinder my fun or annoy me game wise.
As killer I never use NOED, think I did for a tome challenge near the first tome but other than that I dont care for it. I would rather have other perks to extend the game or ones that are more fun.
The reason I actually hate it is data, I'm sure across all MMR brackets NOED is increasing the kill count. Even if noed just gets 1extra kill when it's used (can be 1-4 though). So why is this bad? Well it misleads data and might result in certain killers not getting the love they deserve, and in the end I want all killers to be decent not only to play as but also to verse. Versing a mixture of killers is what makes survivor fun imo
Comments
I think it probably increases kill rates more at the lower skill brackets than it does at the higher ones. But I agree it does skew the data a bit and I hate the perk. I don't use it as killer either, at all.
I use it on occasion when I run endgame builds
Same. It is bad designed perk.
I think noed is good design. It puts all your eggs in one basket for a reward if you pressure survivors enough so they don't do totems, or punish them for rushing gens before doing totems. Its along the lines of a perk like ds, bt, or unbreakable where the survivors have the respect it and play around it or get punished. If survivors can have this kind of perk killers should also have them simple as.
Noed feels like I put no effort into actually downing people in the endgame especially a insta down with the speed boost just always felt cheap in my opinion
I wouldn't mind if it got removed because it skewed kill rates. I would mind it if it got removed because Survivors cried about it
It's a fair argument.
But you're about to be called a survivor main by someone. Just sayin'.
It's effective at all mmr brackets. It's one of the best perks in the game. It just requires a certain macro strategy to extract max value.
The question to ask isn't "is NOED increasing kill rates", it's "is NOED increasing kill rates more than other good perks?" All good perks should in principle increase the average kill rate. A good slow down perk for instance gives the killer more time to kill people so their kill rate should be higher on average when they use it. Or for example if Make Your Choice or Haunted Grounds usage leads to snowball in the early game and increases the chance of a 4 kill with no gens done versus a 2 kill with the gates open then those also are increasing the kill rates.
It's not at all clear that NOED actually increases kill rates more than other perks. It's quite possible that using NOED, for instance, hurts the killer in the early and mid game enough that their average kill rate is still the same because they're getting fewer 3 kills and 4 kills using NOED compared to if they used a perk that helped them sooner in the match.
I haven't actually seen any data indicating NOED is overperforming other perks in this regard. And indeed, if it were actually doing so, it probably would have been nerfed by now. The fact it isn't nerfed to me implies the data is showing NOED isn't having a disproportionate impact on kill rate averages versus other good perks. But that's just a guess on my part, there's obviously no public data either way on it.
P.S. I rarely use NOED personally, but that's more of a playstyle preference. I like using perks that help me in the early and midgame more than the end game typically. I think the only killer I currently have NOED equipped on is Hag and that's just because I'm running an all Hex build on her for fun. 🙂
NOED is love. NOED is life. xD
This
I know I SHOULDN'T feel like it was a cheap down. Survivors could have done bones if they didn't want to risk NOED but it feels cheap.
If I'm having a bad night, I still will put it on a M1 killer but I do feel a little bad when I got a good match against not jerk survivors and NOED kicks on. I've let people go in those situations and I still don't really understand why I feel that way...
Well from my experience, obviously cant speak for everyone but the killers usually do really bad, it is often used on weaker killers (as in tiers) but iv still versed many killers who play them far better than the NOED users.
Noed is just 1 perk, these killers still have 3 perks to use and with those 3 perks they get so very little done in a match and it's only till NOED do they get more downs, hooks or even a kill.
I also feel people that just hard tunnel one person (which you'll eventually get) and then use NOED to get the next person.
While all perks help I feel noed is too impactful and definitely increases the data on kills too much. Even when the killer player isnt all that great, iv seen killers go from a 1k in game to a 4k due to slugging with NOED.
Like I said I dont mind versing the perk, just dont like what it does stat wise. Even just confirming 1 kill due to NOED will impact the stats. Let's just say in theory NOED gives 1k regardless, that makes so many games go from 0-1, 1-2, 2-3 and that's impactful when looking at overall stats especially when noed is more common on those weaker killers.
Rancor is an issue stat wise as well but no one uses it as its abit more limited compared to noed
I don't see any reason to remove those things as they are really... um, mediocre.
The devs purposely mislead you with the data, that's why they show global kill rates instead of breaking it down by MMR. They know exactly what's going on they're just not telling you, removing NOED isn't going to suddenly result in killer buffs, because they've never had any intention of addressing killer balance in the first place.
As someone who plays both sides, NOED definitely isnt strong imo but i do agree that it should be changed in some ways to make it a bit stronger BUT also fun and fair for BOTH sides.
No but Shrek is
People have been complaining about the perk for years and the devs have said it's fine currently and is used by quite a few on the balance team if it does get hit it won't be because of survivor players.
I wouldn´t mind if it were removed.
As a survivor, I hate Dead Hard and wish it was removed.
It's fairest of all perks and even little more tilted toward survivor's fun in this state, so some buffs is nice to have.