How Much Faster Can Legion Catch Up?

Now that we know Legion will get a 5% movement speed bonus in the PTB, how much faster will Legion be able to catch up to fleeing Survivors?

This change is obviously meant to increase Legion's potential of chaining hits in Feral Frenzy. The issue is that most Survivors run as soon as they hear Legion coming and there's little chance of catching up, even with Duration add-ons. On maps like The Game, it doesn't make much difference but on maps like Aazarov's or Swamp, running instantly often puts Survivors out of reach.

Considering all that, I'm wondering how much of a difference 5% will make.

Comments

  • I feel duration was what was needed to change. The few times I play Legion, duration add ons feel almost needed.

  • So now Legion has a "Blighted Crow" aspect to his kit.

    Seems Neato, but feels...insignificant? Idk, I dont really prioritize chain hits a whole lot tbh.

    I'll appreciate the speed for bodyblocking scenarios though, any buff to Legion bodyblocking is much appreciated.

  • i'm guessing we'll get speed add-ons and they'll basically be the crow/rat of legion mains in that they won't know how to use other addons

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    5.2 x 10 = 52 - 40 (4 x 10)

    Now that we see this, what does it mean? Well, 5.2m/s for 10 seconds is 52 meters. Survivors move at 4m/s, and we're going to assume they're running away from The Legion during their 10 seconds of Frenzy.

    5.2m/s = 12 meters

    5.4m/s = 14 meters

    5.6m/s = 16 meters

    5.8m/s = 18 meters

    6m/s = 20 meters

    Survivors must be further than the shown range in order to outrun The Legion's Feral Frenzy. This is assuming no add-ons are used, and no perks that further increase movement speed are equipped.

    I think the question is do you think that's enough?

    Obviously, we know that Legion massacre's weaker Survivors that group together but most players know to split up if it's a Legion.

    I'm wondering if the 5% is going to make a difference. In my own personal experience, it's often extremely difficult to get the 2nd hit but substantially less difficult to get the 3rd and 4th hits.

    I'm asking this because I would rather have more of that possible 20% boost on the first hit (say 10%) and then not have a bonus on the last hit.

  • Legion need add-on movement speed like hillbilly and spirit.

    20220329_071025.gif 20220329_071110.gif


  • @Pulsar said:

    Now that we know Legion will get a 5% movement speed bonus in the PTB, how much faster will Legion be able to catch up to fleeing Survivors?

    This change is obviously meant to increase Legion's potential of chaining hits in Feral Frenzy. The issue is that most Survivors run as soon as they hear Legion coming and there's little chance of catching up, even with Duration add-ons. On maps like The Game, it doesn't make much difference but on maps like Aazarov's or Swamp, running instantly often puts Survivors out of reach.

    Considering all that, I'm wondering how much of a difference 5% will make.

    So if I'm understanding it correctly, its a 5 percent movement speed increase for every survivor you hit with feral frensy?

  • We'll just have to wait and see... If anyone plays Legion

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    We'll just have to wait and see... If anyone plays Legion

    ?? They're pretty popular

  • Yea I get it the new things will be tested... But for how long and with everything?

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872390#Comment_2872390

    Yea I get it the new things will be tested... But for how long and with everything?

    Even now being the worst Killer Leg is pretty popular

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872396#Comment_2872396

    Even now being the worst Killer Leg is pretty popular

    I know but how long will players play the new Legion... and how long will the Survivors want to face the new Legion

    That's all I am saying

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872396#Comment_2872396

    Even now being the worst Killer Leg is pretty popular

    he was never worst to begin with. He just was not good because he has no gameplay at safe loops like most m1 killers. The skill behind feral frenzy is being able to estimate distances between duration+lunge. Without duration add-ons, the distance is about 12 meters between each survivor, so effectively, survivor need to be very close to each other to chains hit, but with duration add-ons, that increases to around 15 meters or so. The effective travel distance is more like 40-60 meters but this is hard to say because both survivors and the killer are moving.

    Fun fact: Legion used to move at 125% when he was released and there used to be a green add-on called Susie mixtape that increased his movement speed by 10%. Yellow add-on was 5% but I do not remember the name.

    Most of legion changes are just reverts nerfed from 3 years ago.

    4->3 second is revert. it used to be 3 second

    m/s increase per hit is revert to old add-ons they weakened, i.e Susie mixtape

    The major buff they're getting is that legion can down people in 5 hits. The issue is that survivor can just camp pallets and stun him when he is at his 4th hit therefore denying the mechanic altogether.

    They're also nerfing his cooldown add-on: Cold Dirt & Joey mixtape. Just very safe changes overall.

    At least they're not as safe as Ghostface changes which are ultra-safe to the point that no one will even notice what changed.

    Oh well, All that is left to do is await PTB.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    We'll just have to wait and see... If anyone plays Legion

    Legion is one of the most played killer, even now. People loves their design (include me).

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872397#Comment_2872397

    he was never worst to begin with. He just was not good because he has no gameplay at safe loops like most m1 killers. The skill behind feral frenzy is being able to estimate distances between duration+lunge. Without duration add-ons, the distance is about 12 meters between each survivor, so effectively, survivor need to be very close to each other to chains hit, but with duration add-ons, that increases to around 15 meters or so. The effective travel distance is more like 40-60 meters but this is hard to say because both survivors and the killer are moving.

    Fun fact: Legion used to move at 125% when he was released and there used to be a green add-on called Susie mixtape that increased his movement speed by 10%. Yellow add-on was 5% but I do not remember the name.

    Most of legion changes are just reverts nerfed from 3 years ago.

    4->3 second is revert. it used to be 3 second

    m/s increase per hit is revert to old add-ons they weakened, i.e Susie mixtape

    The major buff they're getting is that legion can down people in 5 hits. The issue is that survivor can just camp pallets and stun him when he is at his 4th hit therefore denying the mechanic altogether.

    They're also nerfing his cooldown add-on: Cold Dirt & Joey mixtape. Just very safe changes overall.

    At least they're not as safe as Ghostface changes which are ultra-safe to the point that no one will even notice what changed.

    Oh well, All that is left to do is await PTB.

    You're thinking of the No-Sleep Pills, btw

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872397#Comment_2872397

    he was never worst to begin with. He just was not good because he has no gameplay at safe loops like most m1 killers. The skill behind feral frenzy is being able to estimate distances between duration+lunge. Without duration add-ons, the distance is about 12 meters between each survivor, so effectively, survivor need to be very close to each other to chains hit, but with duration add-ons, that increases to around 15 meters or so. The effective travel distance is more like 40-60 meters but this is hard to say because both survivors and the killer are moving.

    Fun fact: Legion used to move at 125% when he was released and there used to be a green add-on called Susie mixtape that increased his movement speed by 10%. Yellow add-on was 5% but I do not remember the name.

    Most of legion changes are just reverts nerfed from 3 years ago.

    4->3 second is revert. it used to be 3 second

    m/s increase per hit is revert to old add-ons they weakened, i.e Susie mixtape

    The major buff they're getting is that legion can down people in 5 hits. The issue is that survivor can just camp pallets and stun him when he is at his 4th hit therefore denying the mechanic altogether.

    They're also nerfing his cooldown add-on: Cold Dirt & Joey mixtape. Just very safe changes overall.

    At least they're not as safe as Ghostface changes which are ultra-safe to the point that no one will even notice what changed.

    Oh well, All that is left to do is await PTB.

    Legion at first used to move at 132%, then in patch 2.7.0 it got reduced to 125%, after a while it got changed to 130%.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872774#Comment_2872774

    Legion at first used to move at 132%, then in patch 2.7.0 it got reduced to 125%, after a while it got changed to 130%.

    really? I thought it was 125% than they weakened 120, than reverted it but changed his special attack->basic attack removing stbfl and sloppy butcher. Its not even revert than. Its just straight-worse. moving at 142% was on first hit is better than scaling m/s.

    Either way, I remember running mural sketch book and susie tape back in the day with sloppy butcher & thanophobia. I also remember playing m&a+stbfl with cold dirt+joey tape. that was a funny build. The days where legion actually had builds. I guess you could say legion changes are also pretty safe.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872389#Comment_2872389

    Legion is one of the most played killer, even now. People loves their design (include me).

    I know it's been said already...

  • Well, I think they'll still need at least one duration addon to chain a hit to the second survivor. After the second hit though, it should be a solid chance of getting a third on most maps, and the fourth should be almost guaranteed. That is, if it's still a 10sec duration at base and assuming they don't stun you outta Frenzy. This is based on using Play With Your Food a tonne on them, the boost definitely helps, but if they're spread out (as they should be against legion) then duration addons are still gonna be needed. Amount of times I've gotten a chain hit as my power runs out mid swing even with a 5% boost and Sketch Book.

    Some maps I imagine will still be almost impossible to chain hits on against any semi-decent team. That being maps that take substantial time to traverse, or have other issues, like RPD, the corn maps, and red forest for some examples.

    So, to answer the question of if the boost is enough... I think so. Might not sound like it from what I said above, but I actually think their frenzy will be in a good spot for chaining hits, while not being a situation of survivors having no choice, but to take the hit even if they play well. That is bearing in mind we still have PWYF as well as depending on if the duration and the addons to modify it are the same/similar. It'll just be a matter of making some maps less obnoxious for the more basic killers.


    Personally though, I'm just hoping they stop losing their power on basic attacks at some point-

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872397#Comment_2872397

    I know but how long will players play the new Legion... and how long will the Survivors want to face the new Legion

    That's all I am saying

    For however long Legion gets skins lol.

    I always come back for the sick skins.