Some positivity!

How did you come up with forum name or name you use while playing dbd?

(Sorry if in wrong place)

My name is Jaymie, and when I was young I used to know all of the songs by tenacious d, specifically jack black's parts, he goes by Jables. Eventually irl friends started calling me Jaybles, VaJaybles or VaJayballs (which was my og gt and was reported and removed because...well... Balls)

I'd love to hear your stories

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • My forum name was supposed to be my steam name but I made a typo and realized it too late....so now my steam name is my forum name.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I’m not good at coming up with usernames so I just use my real name lol.

    It’s 🔥 tho

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    My real name is Johnny and I have a special love for the X-Men. 😊

    Fellow X-men fan. Who are your favorites?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I created a fictional character named Karu to bully myself into being a better person and to help me cope with severe mental health issues as a kid ✨

    I'm still here so, clearly it worked.

    My steam name is slightly more fun- some variation of "Bruno's Boywife" or "Bruno's Special Sock" or the like. Basically I have an obsession with Bruno Bangnyfe.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5I90IQRLFF5Y/img-20220307-211043.jpg

    I can't blame myself though because look at him 🏳️‍🌈

    That's actually genius, especially for a kid. Color me impressed

  • @VaJaybles said:

    How did you come up with forum name or name you use while playing dbd?

    (Sorry if in wrong place)

    My name is Jaymie, and when I was young I used to know all of the songs by tenacious d, specifically jack black's parts, he goes by Jables. Eventually irl friends started calling me Jaybles, VaJaybles or VaJayballs (which was my og gt and was reported and removed because...well... Balls)

    I'd love to hear your stories

    Well “deKlaw” was a name my friends gave me in highschool. They knew I was a fan of a basketball player with the nickname “the klaw” so they switched it up. The “04” part is actually the date I was born. A lot of people assume that was the year I was born but nah just the date. Very lame story haha

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870660#Comment_2870660

    That's actually genius, especially for a kid. Color me impressed

    You call it genius, I call it desperate, but whatever works works lol

    (still gotta simp for Bruno tho 😩😩)

  • I just have to say, I'm so glad I made this thread. I love reading every single response

  • @Majin151 said:

    I just combined two things from my favorite series majin(dbz) and 151(my favorite pokemon's dex number)

    Mew your favorite?

  • @VaJaybles said:

    I just have to say, I'm so glad I made this thread. I love reading every single response

    It’s a great one!

  • Nice to meet another X-men fan 😄

    and oh gosh, too many to list. 🤣

    I’ll give you my top 3

    1. Jean Grey
    2. Psylocke
    3. Gambit

    As you can tell I am a big fan of telepaths lol

    What about you?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871210#Comment_2871210

    Nice to meet another X-men fan 😄

    and oh gosh, too many to list. 🤣

    I’ll give you my top 3

    1. Jean Grey
    2. Psylocke
    3. Gambit

    As you can tell I am a big fan of telepaths lol

    What about you?

    How can you be a fan of telepaths and forget about my favorite one😔. I’m kidding but for me my top 5

    1.Wolverine

    2. professor x

    3 rouge

    4 Emma frost

    and 5 is Jean grey

    the team is so Fire and all the characters are awesome

  • Yep they've been my favorite since the first movie

    giphy (2).gif


  • Eh it is too simple lol. I like yours better ;).

  • I played Space Orks and Eldar in Warhammer 40k in the early days of the internet. Before the WWW existed, I was using the name Jester Warphead on BBS's and newsgroups. That's a reference to each army, the Eldar's heavy gunners are called Death Jesters and when an Ork psyker (a Weirdboy) goes insane it's called a Warphead.

    Over the years, it just became Warphead. It's also embedded in my UPC tattoo. I'm old, I've been Warphead online for more than 30 years.

  • I came up with my name "rupture" in the late 90s at the start of Quake specifically when Quakeworld became big. I had previously been using the name HellRaZoR and the name was very popular in various spellings at the time because of the movies I think one came out in 96 or so. So I was seeking a simple name that was very uncommon. I grabbed a dictionary and opened it up and skimmed my finger down a page and stopped. I happened to open to the R's and my finger was over rupture.

    At the time I'd never seen anyone with that name so I took it. Since then i've ran into a few others with the name. Even back in the quakeworld days there was a player on Evil Geniuses named rupture who was very good at quake.

    I locked in my twitch username "rupture" back in 2010 when it was still justin.tv since I get asked frequently how I got such a simple name without doing weird spelling or numbers etc. That is why. I just got in early.

  • My name is based off of my custom Fallout character named Laurel (Who was originally name Laurelle), who I used in each game I've played.

    She was originally named Laurelle when I first started playing Fallout 4 (The first Fallout game I've played), but I shortened it to Laurel when I used her in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So when I went to make my forum name I thought of the original name I had for Laurel, but just removed the L. Hence, my name: Aurelle.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/315986/some-positivity

    Well “deKlaw” was a name my friends gave me in highschool. They knew I was a fan of a basketball player with the nickname “the klaw” so they switched it up. The “04” part is actually the date I was born. A lot of people assume that was the year I was born but nah just the date. Very lame story haha

    You said date and I still assumed year lmao instantly was like "Dang I'm old"

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871212#Comment_2871212

    You call it genius, I call it desperate, but whatever works works lol

    (still gotta simp for Bruno tho 😩😩)

    People do impressive things in times of desperation, like the mom who lifted a car off her son; for a kid to realize they are having mental health issues and create a safe way to express/save themselves is very smart (Especially when mental health isn't really addressed in kids, at least not when I was one) Don't hate me but idk Bruno, he is cute af though

  • It’s is a cool Pokémon I loved the first movie. Some of my favorites are garchomp Salamance gydrados. Legendaries are like reshiram arceus and rayquaza

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871213#Comment_2871213

    You said date and I still assumed year lmao instantly was like "Dang I'm old"

    Haha yeah people think its the year

  • @Shaped said:

    Always liked Myers but Shape was taken so I became Shaped.

    Wait Shape was taken?! Have they ever posted because I have only seen you

  • @_RupTurE_ said:

    I came up with my name "rupture" in the late 90s at the start of Quake specifically when Quakeworld became big. I had previously been using the name HellRaZoR and the name was very popular in various spellings at the time because of the movies I think one came out in 96 or so. So I was seeking a simple name that was very uncommon. I grabbed a dictionary and opened it up and skimmed my finger down a page and stopped. I happened to open to the R's and my finger was over rupture.

    At the time I'd never seen anyone with that name so I took it. Since then i've ran into a few others with the name. Even back in the quakeworld days there was a player on Evil Geniuses named rupture who was very good at quake.

    I locked in my twitch username "rupture" back in 2010 when it was still justin.tv since I get asked frequently how I got such a simple name without doing weird spelling or numbers etc. That is why. I just got in early.

    Wait. I played with you. Did you by chance cosplay as bill like within the last month?

  • @Aurelle said:

    My name is based off of my custom Fallout character named Laurel (Who was originally name Laurelle), who I used in each game I've played.

    She was originally named Laurelle when I first started playing Fallout 4 (The first Fallout game I've played), but I shortened it to Laurel when I used her in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. So when I went to make my forum name I thought of the original name I had for Laurel, but just removed the L. Hence, my name: Aurelle.

    Everyone gives me a hard time because fallout 4 was the first I played too, and fell in love, so went back and played the others too. I love that style of game I forget what it called (bioshock does it well too) Anyways I love that your name came from a character you created

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870507#Comment_2870507

    Wait Shape was taken?! Have they ever posted because I have only seen you

    I remember trying to register as that name and it was unavailable which didn't surprised me since it is a killer's name.

  • Initials and bday. Pretty boring. 😂

  • @bm33 said:

    Initials and bday. Pretty boring. 😂

    See I thought maybe you enjoyed bming lol

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871710#Comment_2871710

    Everyone gives me a hard time because fallout 4 was the first I played too, and fell in love, so went back and played the others too. I love that style of game I forget what it called (bioshock does it well too) Anyways I love that your name came from a character you created

    Thank you. And yeah, Fallout 4 gets a bad rep because it's not like the older games and the main story line is kind of bland, but I still found it fun, especially the Far Harbor and Nuka World DLCs. Plus it's what made me want to go and try the older games and their DLCs too, so that's also why I love the game.

  • I didn't realize bm stood for something else so oops. 😂 Funny thing is I don't teabag at killers and I don't stand around hitting someone on a hook, I don't see the point. I even told my swf teammate to knock it off when I saw him do it.

  • My name used to be Doc Holliday (after the real cowboy, but mainly because Tombstone was an excellent film). I started making YouTube content and realized that having my name as Doc Holliday made me impossible to find, as you'd just see "facts about Doc Holliday" vids or clips from Tombstone if you tried to look me up.


    Then I started playing Resident Evil Resistance and absolutely loved the character Daniel Fabron. So I came up with DocFabron. Easier to find on YouTube and I still get to show my love for Doc Holliday and Daniel!

  • I used to main Plague in 2019. I liked the name so I sticked to it I guess.

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871667#Comment_2871667

    Wait. I played with you. Did you by chance cosplay as bill like within the last month?

    Yeah we did I remembered your name as well. It was a pretty decent game if I recall. I cosplay as Bill every Saturday. I've been doing it for ~3 years now.

  • Well originally it was my Xbox Live Gamertag but even before that, when I was in high school waaay back in 2006 I was doing vocals in a local Hardcore band and one of our songs were called "We Write Beatdowns, Not Breakdowns" but for sake of space on our setlists, I would shorten it to xBEATDOWNSx since it also led directly into a cover track we did live (and because I was then and still am straight edge). So I just took the name. I may not use it for my gt anymore but I use it for damn near everything else.

  • @_RupTurE_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2871759#Comment_2871759

    Yeah we did I remembered your name as well. It was a pretty decent game if I recall. I cosplay as Bill every Saturday. I've been doing it for ~3 years now.

    Yes! It was an intense endgame on macmillan against a wraith and you were trapped in a locker.

  • My name is a present of a hacker, I'm from console, so I should pay to change again. But I like it

  • @Pukenplag said:

    I used to main Plague in 2019. I liked the name so I sticked to it I guess.

    I get a kick out of your name. I don't know why but Puken Plag just sounds amusing to me.

  • @mr7ba_bk_ said:

    My name is a present of a hacker, I'm from console, so I should pay to change again. But I like it

    What do you mean? I need details lil

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2872119#Comment_2872119

    Yes! It was an intense endgame on macmillan against a wraith and you were trapped in a locker.

    Yea I remember that! I had used a pebble to save someone then deception on the shack locker and he didn't know which locker i was in but just stood there blocking 1 door. That was an epic game!

  • neb, from nebby, which was a pokemon from pokemon sun and moon (first game I bought day 1 release). Oddly enough people think my real name is Ben because it's neb but backwards.

1 2 ›