Hurry up and change survivor win condition.
You are punishing people for being found last for no reason. This is a team game since SWF is in it. So treat it as such, and have the "win" be based off how many escape, and not individual, you got NOED camped at the end of the match so down you go while 3 others escape.
I have started going down on purpose if i am found at 1 or 2 gens just to make sure i am not the last one on the hook when the final gen is done, because i am sick of running the killer last and then getting punished for it.
0 escape = max mmr points for killer
1 escape = + mmr but not max
2 escape = draw
3 escape = - mmr
4 escape = maximum - mmr.
Is this so hard? It would help distribute survivors throughout the ranks as well.
Comments
I just ignore mmr and treat it as it doesn't exist for surv. If I feel like sacrificing I do it. Either for teammates or giving the killer a kill.
And I honestly feel better playing like that instead of focusing on escapes all the time. Suprisingly I still get decent teammates pretty often. I didn't play for a while tho but I did the same thing before the break so things should have changed by now. I don't notice any difference in teammates I get unless I play during the day/night.
Can't ignore it in solo q. Your team mates make it impossible to win.
Scott jund made a video about it before he left for elden ring. He is stuck in low mmr and can't get out without swf.
I played solo since 2018. Except odd game with friends here and there.
I understand it can be tough but I personally have much better experience than before for some reason.
I am mostly satisfied if I don't play surv at early evening eu.
Because you have decent survivor mmr and team mates.
I rarely ever played survivor beyond daily's and have only started to play it more after mmr came out because killer is insufferable. This means i started at low mmr and it just got worse and worse as i learned to play survivor. Obviously the killer would tunnel and camp me because i was the "weak link". Now i am stuck here, even if i run the killer for 3 minutes.
The game occasionally throws me some good survivors because a 3 man was looking for a solo, and guess what? we win with a low hook count. Then i get thrown to the wolves again the next game and get Blendette crouching at the edge of the map for no reason.
Looks like i had a stroke while writing this.
Ever since mmr was added I definitely feel like teammates have become more selfish due to the mmr rank ups from escapes
If we’re thinking of the same Scott video, he didn’t say he was stuck in low MMR; rather, that he ends up there due to always being altruistic no matter what - even against the likes of a face camping Bubba. For him, the daring/suicidal altruism is more fun than escaping just for himself. He also expressed that it must suck for the killers he faces too, because his MMR has no real bearing on his actual skill.
I don’t care for MMR as much as the next DbD player, but wanted to clarify that.
Yeah, teammates now just leave me stranded too as a solo all the time since MMR. When I see they had BT, weren’t on death hook, and even had unused DS (!), it just makes me all the more frustrated. Though I don’t see the reason why people would want higher MMR? As we both recognize, it doesn’t equate to higher skilled/good teammates, nor does it come with any rewards at all. But it sure brings sweatier opponents! I just wanna escape to get the 5k BP and, well, it’s the objective… lol.
They literally set the win conditions to be only kills/escapes after two years of working on the system and telling us that it wasn't based on kills/escapes alone.
And their reasoning was that there's too many nuances in gameplay to be captured, while already having the previous system (emblems) looking at a lot of variables, despite all its flaws that could've been ironed out.
I'm not disputing your argument in the OP. I'm just saying, given the precedents, definitely don't keep your hopes up.
I think it should be a mix of "did you survive?" As well as how many teammates survived. How do you like this?
Everyone lives=max points
You and two others=very high points
You and one other=high points
Only you=moderate points
Everyone except you=low points
You and 1 other dies= no points
You and 2 others die=lose points
4k=lose a lot of points.
You have 5 ways of winning vs 3 where you lose points.. no
Survivors need to learn to lose and get use to it. Your idea still promotes being selfish and banging out gens asap with minimal interaction with the killer. My idea and they way idv does it promotes the team to protect each other and get as many out as possible.
Well, if it doesn't mix the two you get a scenario where it doesn't value your ability to survive. I think your survival should hold more weight than that of your teammates but not to a point of just your survival like it is now. If you die it shouldn't reward much if it all but if only you survive it shouldn't be a big win.
So is MMR actually possible to look at?
If it's only for matchmaking it doesn't all that well.
Get tough games but win or at least 2k and then get matched with what feels like beginners.
Possibly because of the imbalance between the amount of killers/survivors maybe.
Agreed, mmr allows weak survivors to fail upwards.
The old emblem system forced survivors to play well to earn rank. It taught you the game through trail and error.
Punishing bad gamellay by de-pipping a player for dying fast, farming hooks or playing stealthy.
This new surviving meta only incentives swf/players who are weak to avoid helping the team win as a whole. The one thing the old emblem system was attempting to enforce.
I used think, "there isn't enough points on the map for everyone to pip. I'll take this hook for some team altruism points"
With todays meta, I kill myself when I notice that my team is playing selfishly.
Thanks mmr
That's the point. Your singular ability to survive doesn't matter. It's your teams ability to survive and what you do to help each other and get as many out as you can that matters.
This could be you distracting the killer all game while the other 3 do gens and escape, or you running in to take hits and get clutch saves during end game etc.
If someone is on death hook then it is more beneficial for you to run in and body block the killer, even go down and force them to hit you twice. Than it is for you to sit on a gen and ignore it like the current system promotes.
To determine whether someone's ratings to improve or drop it needs hard facts of data to look at. That's why I think a system based off your survival number of teammates survived should be used. You can't pop gens while being the distraction. You're saying that if the killer ping pongs, kills one of those people, ignores your attempts to take a late chase and you finish the last gen while one person dies you're putting it as "you failed to save your teammate, that's bad for your skill rating." Killers can, will and should ignore one survivor. They need to hook someone to get someone else off the gen. "Hook 4 survivors once, then 4 a second time and have hooks 9-12 be your kills is just not viable. If the killer does not spread hook states around to no more than 3 survivors they will not consistently do well. Killers need to aim for their first kill being at about hook number 7. Plain and simple and both mains and occasional killer players know this.
3 escaped and you and the dead survivor got a rank up. I don't see your issue
YOU had an issue with it. You don't see measuring a win based on did you and others survive
Again based on what you said... If the killer ping pongs and ignores you but 3 people still got out while only managing a single kill, all survivors gain rank because 3 escaped. How is that telling you that you failed exactly?
If he kills 2 people then nobody moves. The game was a draw.
If he kills 3 then you did fail. Even if you get the hatch.
Well hatch escapes are neutral currently and I have no problem with that as it is. If you get out the gate but your teammates all died well you're one person who made it and I see it as a squeaker of success and should grant minimally.
Nope. Perhaps you get slightly less negative mmr than the ones that died. But you and your team failed and you should not gain mmr.