Don't you love Dead Hard?

You injure the survivor fair and square and then they mess up and your perfect huntress hatchet snipe gets dead hard or your perfect nurse blink gets dead hard and then the survivor gets to another safe loop?

Such a skilful perk!

Comments

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    After my last game against DH, I'm seriously considering being done.

    On swamp and the guy is on the second floor (the one with about 5,000 GD windows). Spent way too long chasing him (which granted that's on me) as he just loops and loops and loops through those windows. Goes downstairs and uses the pallets when I finally tag him. Loop loop loop some more and I finally mind game him on pallet #4 and I have him dead to rights...

    Presses E to fix his mistake

    All that time. All that work. All those gens popping as I FINALLY catch the bastard...

    Presses E to fix his mistake

    Just...piss off DH. I'm so over you that I might finally be smart enough to dump the game permanently after that.

    Evidently linking my old post makes the "body 1 character too short" so here's more words so that I have more than one character in the body

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857074#Comment_2857074

    Evidently linking my old post makes the "body 1 character too short" so here's more words so that I have more than one character in the body

    You could've literally typed "E" and then you wouldn't have got the error message

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857691#Comment_2857691

    You could've literally typed "E" and then you wouldn't have got the error message

    True but where's the fun in that? :D

  • I had a game where I lost the whole game cause I’m not joking one person, ONE PERSON used dead hard I lost all my pressure.

  • There are no safe loops against Nurse. Against any other killer, Dead hard is BS. With nurse, its just another blink away.

  • Dont you love POP? Just hitting spacebar to make 20s worth survivor time nullified. Such a skillfull perk!

  • @Tiufal said:

    Dont you love POP? Just hitting spacebar to make 20s worth survivor time nullified. Such a skillfull perk!

    Yeah it's amazing because you have to hook a survivor so it's limited use unlike dead hard!

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857827#Comment_2857827

    Yeah it's amazing because you have to hook a survivor so it's limited use unlike dead hard!

    12 hooks = 12 chases = 12 pop = 12 DHs. I dont see the issue. Show me those survivors that use dh more than once in a chase.

  • I agree but is it really a mistake if they know they have dead hard?

  • I actually like sprint burst and lithe better tbh.

  • I'm fine with DH strictly because I know changes to this perk are coming. No problem it being a strong perk but it needs to be toned down since 90% of the survivor playerbase uses it.

  • I don't personally have an issue with Dead Hard. In fact, it's one of the more interactive exhaustion perks for the killer, since you can try to zone them away from a window/pallet by swinging at a certain time.

    I don't know why people make a huge fuss over there being "nothing you can do" against Dead Hard when used for distance. Sure, there are scenarios where a survivor will make it to a pallet or window, but the same goes for most other exhaustion perks. There's nothing you can do against Sprint Burst, Lithe or Balanced Landing, they end up with a bunch of distance gained on you regardless of what you do.

    I do hope that if they do end up changing it, that it doesn't get nerfed out of the meta. I would hate to have to consistently face 4 good survivors with distance-based exhaustions (ESPECIALLY Sprint Burst, god help you if you get 4 SB). Dead Hard is just way more fun to go against, despite how frustrating it can be at times.

  • No fun allowed here, it's dbd, lol

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857827#Comment_2857827

    Yeah it's amazing because you have to hook a survivor so it's limited use unlike dead hard!

    They meant to say when you camp to get your stacks.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2857074#Comment_2857074

    Evidently linking my old post makes the "body 1 character too short" so here's more words so that I have more than one character in the body

    Hello, due to a rule contained within VanillaForums' hosting, sending a file or image without any text to follow will result in an error message, stating that the body must be more than one character long, in order to comply with said rules, I have placed filler text in order to meet the required character quota. Thank you for understanding

  • Yes, I love DH as a console player. It works everytime. What I love even more is perfectly thrown huntress hatchets that are so perfectly timed they hit you after you're deep behind cover and give the killer a free, totally deserved injured state. Just one of the many things I love about this game.

  • @MilManson said:

    You injure the survivor fair and square and then they mess up and your perfect huntress hatchet snipe gets dead hard or your perfect nurse blink gets dead hard and then the survivor gets to another safe loop?

    Such a skilful perk!

    Not only do I love DH, I love multiple Cheating of Healing in my games too. Or as I like to call it, Circle of Protection: Killers 🙄

  • image.png

    "Perfectly thrown huntress hatchets"

  • They can nerf Dead Hard when they nerf Nurse too. Dead Hard is almost needed against her.

  • @GannTM said:

    They can nerf Dead Hard when they nerf Nurse too. Dead Hard is almost needed against her.

    Since they buffed her lunge, DH is almost useless against her specifically.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2907799#Comment_2907799

    Since they buffed her lunge, DH is almost useless against her specifically.

    True

  • Could of been worse, huntress and nurse arent the worst killers to be playing verse DH

    (Link all basic attack killers and add a crying emoji)

  • Dead Hard is sucha crutch perk

    Hate to go against it and to use it...

    Why should it be fair to fix your mistake by pressing 1 button?


    And I'm happy I use Overcome instead. Gives me so much more value than DH and it's not quite as annoying to go against. Same for SB.