Bring back Father’s Glasses

The fact this was the Iri add on on Spirit that BHVR decided to remove over Mother-Daughter Ring is baffling. I barely used Father’s Glasses but I never thought it was unfair as it still offered play from the survivor and killer (I know it was prenerf Spirit but that’s not the point).

Main reason I want it back is because it helps players that have a hard time hearing. I want Spirit to be a killer that’s playable for everyone as I understand she’s not the easiest to pick up.

Comments

  • Honestly it might be good as a replacement for Dried Cherry Blossom, I think.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Honestly it might be good as a replacement for Dried Cherry Blossom, I think.

    I agree. DCB is a bit bs especially with MDR.

  • I don't know why it was removed in the first place, to be honest. There was nothing wrong with it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314631/bring-back-father-s-glasses

    Yeap. As I've told you before. I'm one of those people.

    I dont play spirit. Because I need to blast the audio + increase it with programs. And even then. Chase music drowns it out. And I can't hear survivors anyways.

    I’d actually love an add on that let’s you see survivors for a glimpse while survivors can see a glimpse of you as a trade off. I feel that can help people like that as well.

  • @Aurelle said:

    I don't know why it was removed in the first place, to be honest. There was nothing wrong with it.

    Agreed

  • I would concur. Father's Glasses were a fun addon on, and like I you I rarely used them. Ofcourse when combined with MDR they were similiar to cherry blossom combo now, you could track so easily at higher speeds.

    But, I think the point that it would assist others that have hearing issues is a great idea. And it wouldn't be as powerful with the new directional ques.

  • Yeah i agree. I have no hearing problems but it was a fun addon with sloppy and bloodhound to have a alternative to her usual gameplay. The fact they removed it but kept mothers yeah is stupid to me.

  • @Clevite said:

    I would concur. Father's Glasses were a fun addon on, and like I you I rarely used them. Ofcourse when combined with MDR they were similiar to cherry blossom combo now, you could track so easily at higher speeds.

    But, I think the point that is would assist others that have hearing issues is a great idea. And it wouldn't be as powerful with the new directional ques.

    Definitely agree. Nerf MDR, move FG down a few rarities and it will be more than fair.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Yeah i agree. I have no hearing problems but it was a fun addon with sloppy and bloodhound to have a alternative to her usual gameplay. The fact they removed it but kept mothers yeah is stupid to me.

    Oh man with Sloppy it was so great.

  • Honestly, if they have no plans fixing Iron Will breathing issues, at least they could make the blood marks basekit to Spirit

  • @psionic said:

    Honestly, if they have no plans fixing Iron Will breathing issues, at least they could make the blood marks basekit to Spirit

    Somehow I’m doubting they’re going to fix Iron Will. BHVR is obsessed with that perk for some reason.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854722#Comment_2854722

    Somehow I’m doubting they’re going to fix Iron Will. BHVR is obsessed with that perk for some reason.

    Have they buffed it or smth?

  • They just won’t do anything about it. Iron Will is a problem in itself.

  • I wish to have her green shoes back as well. I want extra speed without using mother daughter ring

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    I wish to have her green shoes back as well. I want extra speed without using mother daughter ring

    Muddy Sports Day Cap is still pretty decent.

  • It´s pretty baffling that they kept the Cap over the Shoes.

  • I don't know why this add-on removed. It was good and fair.

  • @Chadku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854772#Comment_2854772

    It´s pretty baffling that they kept the Cap over the Shoes.

    Can I ask why? They both did the same thing while Dirty Uwibaki did it better.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854835#Comment_2854835

    Can I ask why? They both did the same thing while Dirty Uwibaki did it better.

    I meant the shoes are protecting her bare, broken feet meanwhile the cap is just hiding her troll hair.

  • Please explain to me how you think this was a fair addon when it removed the most important counterplay to her, which is not leaving scratchmarks. It's literally like dried cherry blossom: gives away for free the survivors position?

  • Father's glasses were hilarious when paired with bloodhound. You could tell exactly where the survivor was

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    Father's glasses were hilarious when paired with bloodhound. You could tell exactly where the survivor was

    Exactly. "Never thought it was unfair" - ridiculous

  • @egg_ said:

    Please explain to me how you think this was a fair addon when it removed the most important counterplay to her, which is not leaving scratchmarks. It's literally like dried cherry blossom: gives away for free the survivors position?

    Difference between Dried Cherry Blossom and Father’s Glasses: one shows exactly where a survivor is, the other shows where a survivor was.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855053#Comment_2855053

    Difference between Dried Cherry Blossom and Father’s Glasses: one shows exactly where a survivor is, the other shows where a survivor was.

    Blood trails, especially with haemorrhage, are very frequent and even if you unphased where the survivor was you'd be in lunge range

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855062#Comment_2855062

    Blood trails, especially with haemorrhage, are very frequent and even if you unphased where the survivor was you'd be in lunge range

    Blood, just like scratch marks, are inconsistent and kind of fade in. You still had to use your brain but it made it easier for people that have hearing issues.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855067#Comment_2855067

    Blood, just like scratch marks, are inconsistent and kind of fade in. You still had to use your brain but it made it easier for people that have hearing issues.

    Yes, and anyone who doesn't have hearing issues would be able to play her in the uncounterable way she was before the nerf

    Honestly I find it ironic that you call nurse broken because she ignores mechanics leaving survivors with little to no counterplay, but then want back an addon that leaves survivors with, guess what, little to no counterplay. It was ultra rare, that doesn't change it was an extremely unfair addon. Same as cherry blossom mind me. I don't know what was in the devs minds when they removed father's glasses just to add back father's glasses on steroids

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855069#Comment_2855069

    Yes, and anyone who doesn't have hearing issues would be able to play her in the uncounterable way she was before the nerf

    Honestly I find it ironic that you call nurse broken because she ignores mechanics leaving survivors with little to no counterplay, but then want back an addon that leaves survivors with, guess what, little to no counterplay. It was ultra rare, that doesn't change it was an extremely unfair addon. Same as cherry blossom mind me. I don't know what was in the devs minds when they removed father's glasses just to add back father's glasses on steroids

    The add on wasn’t the problem, it was Spirit not giving information. Now she has directional audio so she should still have counterplay even with the add on now than before.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855084#Comment_2855084

    The add on wasn’t the problem, it was Spirit not giving information. Now she has directional audio so she should still have counterplay even with the add on now than before.

    Directional audio doesn't help against an invisible thing that moves almost twice as fast than you. You know where she kinda is but if she's close enough all that matters is reaction time and readnig what the opponent is going to do. If one side has all the information about where the opponent is (aka the blood), then there's no counterplay

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855098#Comment_2855098

    Directional audio doesn't help against an invisible thing that moves almost twice as fast than you. You know where she kinda is but if she's close enough all that matters is reaction time and readnig what the opponent is going to do. If one side has all the information about where the opponent is (aka the blood), then there's no counterplay

    But survivors are also invisible to Spirit so your point?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855179#Comment_2855179

    But survivors are also invisible to Spirit so your point?

    My point is that while survivors have a generic idea of where the killer is, spirit knows exactly where they are thanks to the blood pool.

    Consider the situation of the short loop: the Spirit while phasing could clearly see what side of the pallet the survivor is camping, of he's camping the pallet at all, just by waiting for a blood pool. And considering how frequent the blood pools are, it's not like she's going to "waste" phase time. She will know exactly what to do and where to go, while the survivor will just have a generic directional audio of something double his speed moving

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855185#Comment_2855185

    My point is that while survivors have a generic idea of where the killer is, spirit knows exactly where they are thanks to the blood pool.

    Consider the situation of the short loop: the Spirit while phasing could clearly see what side of the pallet the survivor is camping, of he's camping the pallet at all, just by waiting for a blood pool. And considering how frequent the blood pools are, it's not like she's going to "waste" phase time. She will know exactly what to do and where to go, while the survivor will just have a generic directional audio of something double his speed moving

    That is 100% a survivor’s fault if they’re camping a pallet against Spirit so I have no idea why you’re bringing that up. Again, Father’s Glasses doesn’t help with that anyway because again, it comes on a delay and doesn’t show where the survivor currently is rather it shows where they WERE. There’s a huge difference there.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2855192#Comment_2855192

    That is 100% a survivor’s fault if they’re camping a pallet against Spirit so I have no idea why you’re bringing that up. Again, Father’s Glasses doesn’t help with that anyway because again, it comes on a delay and doesn’t show where the survivor currently is rather it shows where they WERE. There’s a huge difference there.

    I said "if they're camping it at all", because you get that information too. They might just be walking around the loop, but you would know it, because you'd see the blood but not the scratch marks. And as I said earlier, the delay is negligible, you could unphase right were the last drop of blood dropped and still be in lunge range

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    Father's glasses were hilarious when paired with bloodhound. You could tell exactly where the survivor was

    Bloodhound didn't do anything. Blood naturally glowed in the spirit world.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2854692#Comment_2854692

    Yeap. I've said over and over again. It was a fair enough add on. That helped people with hearing issues like me

    Agreed. Idk why they got rid of it. But to be fair, it was hanzel and gretel blood size breadcrumbs to where a survivor was.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/314631/bring-back-father-s-glasses

    Yeap. As I've told you before. I'm one of those people.

    I dont play spirit. Because I need to blast the audio + increase it with programs. And even then. Chase music drowns it out. And I can't hear survivors anyways.

    I find a headset is all I need when playing spirit, I can hear survivors breathe and walk in the room next to me before I even see them. This has not only upped my spirit gameplay, but also immensely improved my skill with other killers. Audio is such an underrated way to find people. I don't even need to see the generator, sound alone tells me the progress and if someone is working on it, saving me time, especially on maps like the game or midwich. It also helps with tracking, I've gotten so many downs while being blinded just going after the sound and swinging, people called me out for it, which I find pretty funny. Iron Will is almost a must-have perk if you're playing against someone who's immersed in the aural dimension of the game, otherwise they'll be found so fast.

  • I'm honestly impressed by people who use DCB and MDR at same time, they can utilize small circle of 4m radius with 9.8m movement speed and call it "bs".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How about delete spirit

    Why?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How about delete spirit

    Yes