Maps with powerful main buildings should at least have the shack weakened
This is something i've been thinking about recently and i'm really convinced it's not a bad idea, a map doesn't need to have two or more powerful buildings.
I believe that many maps manage to maintain the proposal but other maps do not. First let's talk about how it all started, BREAKABLE WALLS.
BREAKABLE WALLS can be a bit controversial as many people like it and some people don't. I personally believe that behaviour was right to introduce breakable walls in the game because it made it possible to break many loops in old maps that were very strong, but it was wrong to put them in maps that were not necessary like gideon and autohaven realms where there is only one breakable wall and there are some maps too that they don't make any difference because there are a lot of powerful buildings.
So let's talk about some maps that manage to keep this demand. DEAD DAWG SALOON is a perfect example where there are two very strong structures: the saloon and the shack, but at least one of them can be weakened to make things fairer.
here is a list of maps that can do this:
DEAD DAWG SALOON
COAL TOWER
COWSHED
ORMOND
CROTUS PRENN
All these maps contain very strong structures but one of them can be weakened, some maps mentioned are survivor sided, yes, but they are due to other factors, but if we consider my proposal it works very well.
///////////////////////////////////////////////
Now let's talk about maps that can't keep up this demand :
BADHAM ( which has 3 strong structures by the way, the school, house of pain and shack)
EYRIE OF CROWS
BOTH SWAMPS
MOTHER'S DWELLING
SUFFOCATION PIT
all these maps contain a powerful main structure, some of them have breakable walls but even if you break it's still a strong loop like BADHAM and EYRIE, not to mention the shack still exists on these maps.
so that's why i'm suggesting that each map has only one strong structure. it's ok for a map to have a main structure and shack, but at least one of them should be weakended.
I'm also saying this because there are maps that only have the shack like: SHELTER WOODS and ROTTEN FIELD and even so the survivors can deal with them.
my idea won't solve every problem related to maps but at least it's a start.
Comments
Honestly, the breakable wall makes shack a bit too weak, and when basement spawns there, it is a bit crazy. I would rather they just adjusted maps individually to address what the specific issue is with it. Badham is an exception where this is basically needed to try and mitigate that mess of a map.
Honestly badham can use a weaker shack. You forgot to mention the 2 story house which usually loops into something else.
Fun fact, to compensate for having a Breakable Wall, the shack of Saloon is larger than the rest.
Most of these powerful buildings are honestly fine. The only one that gives me an aneurysm is Eyrie of Crows. I refuse to believe that the devs weren't high on something when they were making this map. For real, this map is literally old Ormond all over again.
ALL Killer Shacks on every map should have the Breakable Wall that Dead Dawg does.
It is very stupid that a place called the KILLER SHACK is a strongly survivor sided structure.
I actually just got flashbacks to having the two-story house leading into two loops, leading directly into shack, leading into house of pain. I felt so bad for that killer.
I still abused it, of course. I had a daily and by golly I wanted it.
Yeah, or the stupid Shack on Dead Dawg should be changed so it is more in line with all the other Shacks. If you cannot run Shack as a Killer, this is a you-problem.
You could make that "you-problem" argument for anything, as it doesn't mean anything.
There's a difference between "can't run shack" and "this building literally called the Killer shack is survivor sided for some reason".
Why should a structure called "KIiller shack" have a god pallet?
I think the killer shack needs to be weaker in general.