Will Nurse,Blight,Spirit be top meta forever?

Ever since these killers got released,they always been at the top,will this ever change?

I would like to see periodical meta changes and other killers take the spot of S tier ones with buffs and nerfs.It would keep the game somewhat fresh.

if I had to pick 3 killers to take their place,that would be Clown,Hillbilly and Deathslinger.

What killers you would like to see at the top instead of these 3?

Comments

  • Yet you said they fly on every map yessir

  • @GannTM said:

    Spirit must always be top! :)))

    Omggg I missed you! 🤗

  • but did I say gen speeds weren’t fine???

  • Oh if you agree that they're not fine then sorry for the confusion but if you disagree then ######### jk lol

  • *Hits pipe* Alright fellas now hear me out... What if gens COULD fly. 🤯

  • Something being meta isn't inherently problematic. Nurse/Blight/Spirit are all well-designed and well-balanced (outside of specific add-ons like Alchemist Ring or whatever). It makes no sense to kick them down just for being meta when they are the three best designed and balanced killers in the game.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2832974#Comment_2832974

    Maybe you should make things clearer next time, to avoid confusion.

    Since I didn't put any words into your mouth. Just responded to what you wrote.

    Honestly I didn't think it was all too confusing to begin with, OP asked a question and I answered it, but then again these are the forums where everyone wants to make everything an argument even if it means blatantly misinterpreting someone else's comment.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833007#Comment_2833007

    Maps as in maps. It's no secret most maps are huge and too safe.

    Gen speeds are fine though. If you're getting downs. Your creating pressure and making them get off gens and you have plenty of time.

    The problem is actually getting downs and getting hits for pressure. It's a map thing. Not a gen thing.

    Yep I get quick downs and still lose gens. If I need gen defence maybe gen speed isn't fine? Lol

  • Probably because survivors spawn on gens so yeah they’re likely to pop early.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833143#Comment_2833143

    Probably because survivors spawn on gens so yeah they’re likely to pop early.

    Even if they don't spawn next to them, they can go to one and hold a button. The point is the objective is simple and lazy so they go fast. Also, tiles and perks make it even worse plus holding w

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Honestly there could be. These killers are only the meta because their basekit and addons allow them to be; if they got gutted but others were massively buffed instead then ofc there could be different meta killers.

    I honestly don’t consider Spirit meta because I barely see her.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833011#Comment_2833011

    If you genuinely believe gen speeds are fine.... care to buy some of these magic beans 😂😂😂😂

    My apologies, I tend to forget that not everyone on the Forums can hold an actual conversation.

    I will press the matter no further.

    @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833011#Comment_2833011

    Okay but is it fun for killer to chase a survivor at a strong loop and not be able to catch them? You only think about survivors fun lmfao. I mentioned dead hard as an example. Not every killer has to have map mobility but people complain for buffs and that they're weak? You don't have to agree with me but know that thinking like that will hurt the game

    Looping is fun, and you are always able to catch them. It is your task to mindgame and adapt your playstyle depending on the map and available tiles.

    I play both sides, btw.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833016#Comment_2833016

    My apologies, I tend to forget that not everyone on the Forums can hold an actual conversation.

    I will press the matter no further.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833032#Comment_2833032

    Looping is fun, and you are always able to catch them. It is your task to mindgame and adapt your playstyle depending on the map and available tiles.

    I play both sides, btw.

    Not true nope lmao. Looping may be fun for survivor but the killer is getting stressed. Knowing the map won't do much when the survivors also know it lmao. How about they fix gen speed, tiles and the game will be more fun? More killers every game? No? Lol

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Nah. Spirit is awful now.

    How so?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833005#Comment_2833005

    Honestly I didn't think it was all too confusing to begin with, OP asked a question and I answered it, but then again these are the forums where everyone wants to make everything an argument even if it means blatantly misinterpreting someone else's comment.

    Come on. OP just talked about some nerfs and you started about gutting the killers.

    No one talked about gutting before you. Don't act surprised if that leads to a discussion or if it can be misinterpreted.

    Anyway, since a discussion was never your intention, this kinda got pointless. Wouldn't you agree?

  • Spirits? Haven't see more than 10 after the Stridor nerf.

    Also Blights, watch them to go down if they nerf Alch Ring or when they remove the not intented "Hug tech" exploits.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833000#Comment_2833000

    Minus MDR and DCB, I agree with you in regards to Spirit.

    If you mean the addons then i somewhat agree. I really enjoy playing spirit but i never use her strongest addons. I never played with the ring and also never used the addon that gives you killer instinct when within 4 meters (is that the DCB btw?). I almost always run yellow or brown addons on her because that's more of a challenge in my opinion. The ring and the other addon have a downside tho (no scratchmarks) but when you combine these 2 addons i agree that it can be really strong.

    But with Blight for example, his alchemist ring addon is one of the strongest addons in the game (in my opinion). It's really really strong and have no downside. I think spirits addons are not OP because they have a downside and spirit is also not as strong as blight (in my opinion).

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2832877#Comment_2832877

    I honestly don’t consider Spirit meta because I barely see her.

    Because you play NA, yes.

  • @DatFastBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2832968#Comment_2832968

    Clearly you don’t know anything about blight. I’m sorry but using those « abusable techs » you call are risky to pull off, are well known by the community, and easy to predict. Bump logic secure hits, techs only makes hits happen as much as the survivor will allow them to happen, and if you miss you go into cooldown and have to wait for your tokens to regenerate

    Short and direct answer.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uWXbd_Uc0


    You aren't supposed to do that with him and thats all. Abusing exploits is not called skill.

    As far as spirit is gone now, blight will be the same, as i said, if they fix his exploits and busted addons.

  • Hug tech is completely and evenly counterable and adds skill-intensive mindgame depth to the chase for both sides. It should be kept regardless.

  • Nurse - yes. Unless she loses her ability to go through walls, then she'll always be top tier.

    Blight - he might drop a little if they nerf his add-ons, but he'll still be a very high tier killer.

    Spirit - pretty much. Even the nerf she got hasn't stopped her from being a killing machine.

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    Nurse - yes. Unless she loses her ability to go through walls, then she'll always be top tier.

    Blight - he might drop a little if they nerf his add-ons, but he'll still be a very high tier killer.

    Spirit - pretty much. Even the nerf she got hasn't stopped her from being a killing machine.

    I don't think spirit is too strong. Yes, some of her addons are really strong but she also have some trash addons. I hope they slightly nerf her strongest addons and buff or rework her really bad ones. After her nerf she has become easier to play against and also harder to play. I don't see as much spirits as before her nerf and you can if you have a good headset you can hear (almost) exactly where she is.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833449#Comment_2833449

    I don't think spirit is too strong. Yes, some of her addons are really strong but she also have some trash addons. I hope they slightly nerf her strongest addons and buff or rework her really bad ones. After her nerf she has become easier to play against and also harder to play. I don't see as much spirits as before her nerf and you can if you have a good headset you can hear (almost) exactly where she is.

    Maybe you’ll come across me if youre in my region :)

  • The day Clown becomes a Top Tier, is also the day I stop playing DBD lmao

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833449#Comment_2833449

    I don't think spirit is too strong. Yes, some of her addons are really strong but she also have some trash addons. I hope they slightly nerf her strongest addons and buff or rework her really bad ones. After her nerf she has become easier to play against and also harder to play. I don't see as much spirits as before her nerf and you can if you have a good headset you can hear (almost) exactly where she is.

    I never said "too strong." Top tier/meta =/= too strong.

    @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833455#Comment_2833455

    Maybe you’ll come across me if youre in my region :)

    Welcome back, #1 Spirit Enjoyer.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833455#Comment_2833455

    Maybe you’ll come across me if youre in my region :)

    I mostly play killer atm but i still play survivor if the queue isn't like 10 min.😂😭

    Im on EU.😄

  • The top tier killers are there due to their travel time time and loop denial. We could get a 4th if sadako proves she can shut down survivors tools but i dont think so. I also feel like Legion couldve been S tier if he was able able to down or his bleed out timer was alot shorter he just doesnt quite hold a candle there so he looses. Twins is one killer ive felt is highly oppressive but takes sooo much practice to play well and is still one of the hardest killers to play as just like blight. Vic just needs a but more help I honestly wish victor could leap automatically to other survivors if they are in close prox but smart players move away from the crowd so it shuts down their exposure.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833458#Comment_2833458

    I mostly play killer atm but i still play survivor if the queue isn't like 10 min.😂😭

    Im on EU.😄

    Well I’m East NA so RIP.

  • @Adaez said:

    Ever since these killers got released,they always been at the top,will this ever change?

    I would like to see periodical meta changes and other killers take the spot of S tier ones with buffs and nerfs.It would keep the game somewhat fresh.

    if I had to pick 3 killers to take their place,that would be Clown,Hillbilly and Deathslinger.

    What killers you would like to see at the top instead of these 3?

    Yes they will always be top, and it will stay that way until some drastic game changing thing is done which won't.

    Personally, I don't see that as a problem. In almost every PvP game, there will always be a "best" thing to do or use, and it very rarely changes unless new things that are even stronger are added, or again, they change the entire game. People also seem to forget the game is almost 6 years old. Sorry you got to the party late lol

    The game would not be fresh and better if Clown or Deathslinger were top tier. There are certain killers that are prepped for top tier gameplay for a reason, and some are not built for it. Unless clown and deathslinger were completely reworked to not be even slightly the same, then maybe. But that won't happen either lol.

    That doesn't mean I don't want to see some weaker killers buffed, but the truth is that some killers won't ever be S tier, let alone A tier, without being incredibly horrible designs. Some killers are already hated and badly designed while still being B or lower tier.

    Please, balance, interactive gameplay, good design, etc are all things that go into the game. Nurse, Spirit, and Blight are top tier because they have an incredibly fast and powerful map presence, with strong map pressure and chase potential from that (which is not only strong but ALSO interactive and skillful for both sides). That is why they are top. Killers that walk and press m2 to get injure don't exactly promote interactive and fun chases, which is why they usually always have big downsides and are always hard stuck mid or lower tier

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833016#Comment_2833016

    My apologies, I tend to forget that not everyone on the Forums can hold an actual conversation.

    I will press the matter no further.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833032#Comment_2833032

    Looping is fun, and you are always able to catch them. It is your task to mindgame and adapt your playstyle depending on the map and available tiles.

    I play both sides, btw.

    Apology accepted.

  • @Adaez said:

    Ever since these killers got released,they always been at the top,will this ever change?

    I would like to see periodical meta changes and other killers take the spot of S tier ones with buffs and nerfs.It would keep the game somewhat fresh.

    if I had to pick 3 killers to take their place,that would be Clown,Hillbilly and Deathslinger.

    What killers you would like to see at the top instead of these 3?

    probably yes....but they are TOP because maps are terrible design. Nurse / Blight / Spirit are the only viable killers at high MMR

  • Nurse will always be at the top because she's broken. Spirit is definitely not top 3 anymore. Blight, I consider not to be on Nurse's level. So basically only Nurse is S tier. Blight is 2nd strongest in A tier, and Spirit I don't know where to place. B tier? C tier? Definitely only A tier with her best pink/purple add-ons.

  • This thread is, in all honesty, a hellhole.

  • Pretty much. Nurse and Spirit basically have powers that if they nerf anymore they plummet to F tier. Nurse is particularly iffy as due to her slower than surivivor status if you increase blink charge time or blink range pretty small amounts will have a huge impact on her as a whole. Spirit is one of the few killers in the game with a HARD counter even if it is in the form of a perk so balancing spirit kinda falls into 2 categories, balancing her around perkless survivors or balancing her around survivors who run iron will as commonly as iron will is run. I would argue spirit is the only killer with a hard counter perk/item where the perk or item is really considered viable and worth the slot. Maybe an arguement could be made for spinechill and myers/gf but compare it to say trapper where he does have a hard counter but lets be real when was the last time you saw someone run a map seriously and not for some cleans every goddamn totem on the map build? Hag and flashlights is a bit simalar but flashlights are generally regarded as pretty bad but at least they see play because most survivors think they are fun. Blight just a lot of people (me included) don't see as a big issue he has counterplay and is pretty fun to play against imo.

    TL;DR

    Nurse nerfs have a risk of making her absolutely terrible due to her movement speed and the very nature of her power will always sound strong

    Spirit blancing around IW vs no IW makes it harder to balance her than most killers

    Blight a lot of people dont see as an issue

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Nurse will always be at the top because she's broken. Spirit is definitely not top 3 anymore. Blight, I consider not to be on Nurse's level. So basically only Nurse is S tier. Blight is 2nd strongest in A tier, and Spirit I don't know where to place. B tier? C tier? Definitely only A tier with her best pink/purple add-ons.

    Spirit is most definitely still top 3.

  • Acredito que a Enfermeira sair do top 1 vai ser ruim para o jogo, pois se os sobreviventes já choram pra ela, imagina se alguém a superar. Mas Spirit e Blight podem sair desse ranking

  • @SuzuKR said:

    Hug tech is completely and evenly counterable and adds skill-intensive mindgame depth to the chase for both sides. It should be kept regardless.

    yeah that’s what I’m saying. It turns the game into a 50/50 most of the time, unless of a free hit for the blight, but it’s high risk high reward be you can go into cd

  • How can you say that? Unless you're using Dried Cherry Blossom/Mother-Daughter Ring? And honestly those add-ons don't need the scratch marks taken away.

  • @GeneralV said:

    This thread is, in all honesty, a hellhole.

    When I made this thread I expected to see who people would like to see as a meta killers in their place.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2833779#Comment_2833779

    How can you say that? Unless you're using Dried Cherry Blossom/Mother-Daughter Ring? And honestly those add-ons don't need the scratch marks taken away.

    You’re talking about the add on combo that promotes lazy gameplay? It isn’t even like the combo boosts her strength that much a couple of tiers up, it’s just there to teach new Spirit players bad habits and rely on the combo too much. So, please don’t encourage people who want to get into Spirit to use those add ons when they’re learning her.

    Base Spirit still moves 176% in her power, is still invisible, and has a long lunge out of her power. She’s still very strong. I play her more than twice as much as any other killer combined trust me.

1 2 ›