Styptic agent
If its properly used there is no counterplay to it and its even worse then dead hard change my mind
It should make atleast the survivor broken after he got hit by it, there is 0 downside to this addon beside you losing your brown ######### medkit.
For those really big brain ppl out there saying "just wait 8 sec". If you use the agent in a loop there is no way to wait, the survivor will reach the pallet or window again before the time fades away, thats what I mean with "there is no counterplay to it if you use it properly".
I just encountered a sweaty 4 man swf abusing that ######### with 4 of them, sure thing this doesnt happen to often but there is no reason to keep it in cuz it still CAN be abused.
Comments
I think 8 seconds is a lot to wait. This would be the hypothetical time to counterplay it.
ye but you can reach a tile or pallet in time if you use it properly thats my point.
yes, and because of that I think the 8 seconds could be shortened a bit.
Hm tbh I dont think so, I personaly use it to get mostly out of very stick situations like getting out of the basement alive if my guy doesnt has BT or maybe make a run to the gate. I wouldnt even mind if someone does that to me in my killer games honestly, but what the survivors did to me in my case is, every time when I was about to down them they used the styptic and made it to the pallet again which extended and basicly reset the chase again so I was kinda forced to leave only for this to repeat 3 more times and till then all gens where done with me getting 1 single hook.
So ye I think its bettter to nerf the aspect of ppl abusing it like that instead of nerfing it flat out even for casual playes, thats atleast my take to it obviously.
People call it 'Bottled Time'
Tbh the only thing I don't like about it is you can use up most of your medkit and then use the styptic. I think you should have to have enough charges left for a full heal to be able to use it. You can still bring it on your crappy brown medkit if you want but then you don't get anything else from it.
So something that does what it does is actaally abuse as long as its something survivors use? Its onetime use and its a purple addon. Use franklins if youre scared of medkits.
I do agree it's super powerful, I love to use it myself, but since you only got one hook that team obviously knew what they were doing and how / when to use it and were a swf so I do not think styptic was the sole reason they won.
Also it's one time use per trial, unlike some bs killer add ons that you get to use the entire game.
Agree it wasnt the sole reason I lost, I have to say that I couldve done things better in this game, however it was the biggest reason, because they delayed my first hook from the second gen to when the gates where open. You should know what a big difference is getting a hook before the first 3 gens pop, especially if you play perks like pop, pain resonance etc. So ye, I would argue that the styptic was here the clear carry here in this case, especially since it was used multiple times from all survivors. The 1 use per trial was already enough since keep in mind, getting 1 extra hit can mean ALOT in higher level dbd.
Ye true thing is I was using yellow addons ;(
thank you for that amazing tip I bet you must be a great teacher
Expensive, difficult to get reliably in the web, and single use. I wouldn't be upset if there was a requirement added to make it so that you had to heal for x amount of time before it could be used, but I don't believe it is overpowered or overtuned in its current state.
Survivors can have nice things too, you know? Considering how many killers either have powers or add-ons that expose you, a counter to that in the form of a styptic seems fair, even if it's still extremely situational and not always practical for use.
Kinda funny how ppl find arguments like this but then say alchemists ring is absolutely busted and has no counterplay. Not implaying anything that you said something like this but yes I agree, my point here is that in THAT particular scenario it is too strong just like alchemists ring is, both deserve a nerf.
Blight has some of the best add-ons in the game, as far as killer powers go. I could make arguments for nerfing almost every single one of his add-ons, but why? The game will never be in a balanced state. Survivors having styptic agents is perfectly alright, they're a single-use item, which is vastly different from how killer add-ons work. Survivors don't know what the match is going to be like ahead of time, so bringing a one-off item like a styptic could prove a monumental waste. I personally would like to see more of it, not going to lie. It's refreshing to see good survivor gameplay when someone takes a hit, applies a styptic, and then another one to body-block a hook effectively, I love to see those kinds of plays as a killer. It's vastly more entertaining (and challenging) than rolling over 4 potatoes with little effort.
I generally don't understand how people let their emotions rise because they got outplayed, killers and survivors alike. Good sportsmanship includes acknowledging your opponents skill, and taking the L gracefully. I see very little of this in DBD as of late. I also don't subscribe to the argument that "It takes no skill to press M2". Sure, anyone can apply a styptic, but to make the styptic count for something, yeah, good luck. Sure it can be used to prolong a chase slightly, however I don't think that's the best way of using them. There's nothing more clutch than being injured during the EGC, and making it past a killer because I still had a styptic, or saving someone from deathhook with a well-timed bodyblock.
I think you get the wrong picture here. I dont mind if someone uses stuff pretty smart and outplayed me with that. But here is the point ... "outplayed", there is nothing about outplaying someone if your opponent literally cannot do anything against your "play". That is the only thing I am complaining about, sure I dont mind that styptic is a very nishe addon, but it doesnt justify having a moment where you will gain 100% benefit out of it withotu any downside. That is my only point, I never said nerf survivors, nerf swf or anyting alike.