Did all gens solo and died while 3 trolls escaped and I gained no progress
It's funny how the game doesn't reward you for doing gens I literally got no help played with 3 survivors they kept running and trolling the killer so I took the chance and kept doing gens solo he never chased me since he was busy downing and hooking the other 3 , I finished them and as I went for the gate he downed me with noed on the hook someone quickly grabbed me with no borrowed time since the killer camped I got downed and the other 3 survivors escaped and I literally did all the gens solo super boring but I wanted to climb .. and guess what I had +0 progress . The next game I said ######### it I just looped the killer a bit and healed 2 survivors and did unhook 2 and died but only did 1 gen with someone then surprisingly I got a +1 and a lot of blood points 30k or more I think but the 5 gens match I got the lowest amount of bloodpoints too around 10k while everyone had 27k so what's the point of doing gens if you want to rank up solo queue sucks no one wants to do gens every match I'm the only one doing them
Comments
So the other's literally distracted the Killer the entire match and then smartly left when NOED was in play?
Those are decent teammates, they didn't just kill themselves on first hook.
nope they did no gens just trolling the killer they all had 1st hook states but did 0 gens without me they won't do any gens but when someone unhooks you in front of a face camping killer that's not cool basically the killer wants at least 1 kill by camping me with noed and they went to open the gate while I was hooked and ran away so that's it I ain't doing any gens any more I'll just run around the whole match till someone finishes the gens
So because you're teammates were good at running the Killer, you've decided to throw your matches.
That's some solid logic.
running the killer? that's just trolling people are bored and want to ######### around I just earned 2 pip easily by doing nothing so that's easier looks like ... My complain is that people doings gens don't get pip and high blood points in that situation the killer will get 4 kills since no one did gens and just ran around mindlessly I did my best to finish the gens but got no rewards for it
What exactly are you trying to climb- your Grade or MMR? I’m guessing your grade since you referenced the +1. Keep in mind that only affects your grade. Remember there are emblems at the end of the match, which contribute to pipping (+1), and doing gens raise only your Lightbringer emblem. There is a cap to that so you can not “+1” off of gens alone. Same goes for the other emblems. You capped that Lightbringer emblem probably before you got to the fifth gen.
The reason why you pipped the second game was due to you being in chase, saving/healing, & doing a gen- you contributed to all of your emblems, giving you more points overall. That’s how the system was designed- it discourages players from not participating, if they want to “level up.”
Sometimes this forums are tough to work with. Pulsar is a veteran ex-player who knows fully well what you mean, but sometimes people like to twist words a bit. Yes, you could spin the tale like this, that this three kept the killer busy, but I would bet my left arm (not confident enough to go for the right, but hey) that they were a SWF bully squad that had no interest in the proper game, but just wanted to torment the killer as much as possible and then usually kill themselves on hook once on of their number dies. Or if not and you speak out to them in the post game chat you just get stuff like "lol what? why take it so serious? Its just a gaaaame and we are just having fun. lulz"
BUT @BadZilla you might actually have the wrong impression about the MMR system, like so many. You mentioned making "no progess"? Thats nonsense. I am not sure if you gained 2 pips or not, but it sounds like it, and thats the only progress that matters.
Grades (that you need pips for) and MMR (an invisible score that many people apparently know so much about that they can speculate about their number) are two different systems. One is used for bragging rights, a few achievments and getting bloodpoints at the 13th each month, when they reset, and the other is used for matchmaking, but often does nothing due to queue length and player (killer) numbers. I mean, what do you have to gain from raising your MMR up in the air? You will get more tough opponents, more sweaty opponents, more SWF bully squads that know the game so well that this is the only fun they can gleen from it, etc. so the highest possible MMR isnt even something to strive for, especially since its an invisible number and you cant even brag about to be amoung the "x-amount of best players hurdur!".
The only thing were MMR truly matters is the lowest reaches of it, knows as MMR-Hell for survivors. Down there you are on your own, your teammates know nothing, no one comes for saves and sweaty NOED Wraith lord over their fiefdoms of terrified peasant, themselves being prisoners to this lands because every time they tried to assault their neighbors, any experienced survivor will repell their weak tactics.
But alas, you seem to have left MMR-Hell long ago, so rejoice! And dont think too much about invisible numbers. One thing that the MMR system does halfway right (sometimes .. maybe) is giving you more non-sweaty games if you dont sweat it too much yourself. I once was (maybe) in high MMR, because I sweated each and every game, gave it my all and tried to get as many survivors as possible! But after a while my gaming experience really suffered because of it. You know tha tales: each game felt like the finals in the dbd worldchampionship, only super coordinated SWF sweat squads or super-coordinated SWF bully squads, no quarters given, no querters expected. After a while it kinda broke me and I relaxed my games. I still got a lot of wins, but most of the time I give the last one the hatch. For me this keeps my MMR a little bit lower (not too much though since its the last kill), it nearly always gives you a positive response in the post game chat and a fuzzy feeling when they thank you and in case of a super sweaty squad I just let one of them loop me for three minutes, then open the doors myself and be off to a new game.
not mmr I want to get more bloodpoints before the reset but how many objectives you need to pip up ?
Pulsar isn’t a Veteran Ex-player, he is the goat
The goat ex-player? :>
Nope just the goat
Oh well, I won't argue that.
Running the killer takes way more skill then staying on a gen just because they didnt help you they knew they didnt need to since you were popping them it was actually the smart play on their part. Remember there are 4 different emblems 3 of which usually entail running the killer and only one for just doing gens
Perhaps.
Why should you get more BP for doing gens? It's arguably the least skillful part of the game.
I can't tell if your complaint is that you want better teammates or that you want to be rewarded for doing gens.
I think we both know what he means. Those guys were most likely just trolling the killer and had no intentions of playing the game normally. This guy had to do all of the gens himself because they refused to.
Meh he shouldve joined them and learned a few things
He shouldn't be forced to.
That's not the point tho let's say I did my part it's as important , I got no pip , much much less bloodpoints and no one helped me and they got more bloodpoints and pip progress than I did my golden rule is usually do 2 gens if no one does anything then it's not worth it but when I decided let's do them alone I need to get certain rank to get more bloodpoints I ended up not winning I only needed 1 pip to progress lol which is weird but knowing that gen points gets maxed quickly let's say I did 2 then ran away to play with the killer too no one will do the remaining gens that's all
correct they literally just kept hovering around him and didn't care about gens at all I thought they were distracting him and maybe someone else is doing another gen but with certain perk seeing their auras they just keep farming hooks and running the killer for fun no one decided to do any gens but the game didn't reward me for doing them and rewarded their playstyle instead , this is just 1 case I usually get survivors that get downed 1 min in or do no gens any way and die
well in my case I needed 1 pip so badly but in their case they didn't care it was unfair for me to try to win solo but get less BP and Pip than them
from my humble 2 months experience no one touches gens the majority of games are that way but when I play killer everyone gen rushes
If i may ask tho how did the killer find you if they were distracting him this whole time?
If your teammate is bad, let them die.
Don't help them, it's that easy.
It isn’t possible to play optimally every single time, people will make mistakes. So you’re saying that they should be left on the hook?
I mean, if you don't want to help them, you really shouldn't.
That's better for your own mental health.
Well I did the right thing , didn't think of disconnecting and it's a waste of time to do nothing