Boil Over just forced me to JUMP at the basement stairs!

After I got my first down in a match, right beside the shack, I tried to take Mikaela to the basement. Boil Over made me waste a little more than I should while going to the door, but then I started going down the stairs, directly from the top to avoid falling from a height. But then...

I "jumped". While she wiggled and I tried to walk straight, I was suddenly propelled forward, into the air, and then fell a short distance down the stairs. This apparently gave her the 25% bonus wiggle, because she escaped about 2 seconds later, much sooner than she should.

Beside the Boil Over nerf, this bug has to be prevented too. Even with the nerf, this bug has the potential to screw killers many times. And I'm not going to lie: After that happened I just disconected. I simply refused to keep playing a match after losing so much pressure at the early game due to a bug. It angried me that much.

By the way, I already reported the bug, but I really needed to vent this and I believe the subject is in other players' interests.

Comments

  • New Meta slug and camp.

  • I'm sorry you experienced this, but I have to admit I'm giggling at the thought of someone taking a few extra second to make sure they went down the stairs oriented correctly only for them to be thrust forward on them anyway.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    New Meta slug and camp.

    "New".

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    New Meta slug and camp.

    It's not new meta. It was always there.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    I'm sorry you experienced this, but I have to admit I'm giggling at the thought of someone taking a few extra second to make sure they went down the stairs oriented correctly only for them to be thrust forward on them anyway.

    Well, the way you describe it actually sounds like a comedy movie scene. I guess we can call it "Falling off the stairs - DBD Edition".

  • It's not really a bug, wel outside off that the only thing that's great about boil overs "great" height is how exagurated it is.

    What probably happened is that you were going down the stairs sideways and boil over jerked you forward.

    Now i know that's a real frustrating thing to happen in thas match but looking on the bright side you now found a way to not only counter the swaying of boil over but use it to your advantage.

    Turn your body with the sways and boil over will help you reach a hook faster. And once you get used to it, a lot faster.

    "The only mistakes you can make are the ones you don't learn from"

    -Sun Tzu, probably

  • They need to spoil the boil a bit more

  • Okay, but what you're forgetting is that Mikaela is a witch, so maybe forcing you to jump down the stairs and activate Boil Over was her spell.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    New Meta slug and camp.

    Funny thing about that I did that on a ttv because they were a 4 man swf and they had boil over, ds ,borrowed time and breakout and one of them brought an offering to take us to my most hated map(backwater swamp) and they wanted to save the one guy off hook


    And funny thing they blocked and reported me(my friend informed me that there was a vod of the match I was in and checked it out) and I found it funny how they insulted me calling me a terrible pig player(got adept with her), a bad killer and my favorite quote this person must main twins(I don't own twins but the few matches I have gone against twins were fun as they just threw Victor out and I found it fun to play dodge the gremlin)



    Like you made my game unfun and you could've escaped at any time so I just found it appropriate to have you bleedout next to a 99 gate lmao


    Also just incase the ttv ever sees this having Jumpscares pop up on your streams and vods are a dick thing to have as a gimmick also don't result to insults and reports when you lose

  • @Malkhrim said:

    After I got my first down in a match, right beside the shack, I tried to take Mikaela to the basement. Boil Over made me waste a little more than I should while going to the door, but then I started going down the stairs, directly from the top to avoid falling from a height. But then...

    I "jumped". While she wiggled and I tried to walk straight, I was suddenly propelled forward, into the air, and then fell a short distance down the stairs. This apparently gave her the 25% bonus wiggle, because she escaped about 2 seconds later, much sooner than she should.

    Beside the Boil Over nerf, this bug has to be prevented too. Even with the nerf, this bug has the potential to screw killers many times. And I'm not going to lie: After that happened I just disconected. I simply refused to keep playing a match after losing so much pressure at the early game due to a bug. It angried me that much.

    By the way, I already reported the bug, but I really needed to vent this and I believe the subject is in other players' interests.

    I had this happen to me coming down the stairs inside the Thomson house. I was shoved forward down about 3 stairs and it activated the 25%. I didn't fall off the stairs I moved forward without falling snd then fell about 3 stairs .