Can We Get Official Notice When They Abandon Giving Out Leatherface Shards?

Despite the issue not being solved they've already removed their banner from the site and it's clear they're gearing up to sweep the issue under the rug like Hawkins BP (BTW they deleted a post of mine earlier for simply mentioning the comparison).

I would prefer they openly state when they stop attempting to do it so we have something concrete to show people the next time there is a compensation due and they tell us to 'just keep waiting'. As I didn't get Hawkins BP or my shards, I'm sure I can fully expect BHVR to do a pretty good job next time too.

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • I don't expect to ever get them. Would be nice to just not remove items next time if they can't do the compensation roll out right. And things have also been confusing due to mixed answers between devs/mods and the support team

  • BTW they deleted a post of mine earlier for simply mentioning the comparison

    and you are sure there was nothing else in the post that warranted the removal?

    also I don’t know why the forum disclaimer disappeared, but this was posted just a few hours ago:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1488618170772779009?s=21


    @SunsetSherbet said:

    I wouldn't expect to ever get them. Maybe next time behavior shouldn't randomly remove items from players.

    Good thing they haven’t done such a thing then.

  • @Mooks said:

    BTW they deleted a post of mine earlier for simply mentioning the comparison

    and you are sure there was nothing else in the post that warranted the removal?

    also I don’t know why the forum disclaimer disappeared, but this was posted just a few hours ago:

    https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1488618170772779009?s=21

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786618#Comment_2786618

    Good thing they haven’t done such a thing then.

    Next time please do it right or don't do it at all.

  • They are working on a solution, they tweeted about it a few hours ago:

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1488618170772779009


  • What did I do wrong? Do you expect me to know when you edit your post?

    also they still had a valid reason to remove the masks and they didn’t even need to provide a ‚compensation‘ at all.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786626#Comment_2786626

    What did I do wrong? Do you expect me to know when you edit your post?

    also they still had a valid reason to remove the masks and they didn’t even need to provide a ‚compensation‘ at all.

    And customers have a valid reason to be angry. Don't try to hand wave the devs failure. You act like this to your customers, expect to keep losing more players. Goin for -40% next month.

  • I think the best thing to do would be to give a full round of 6K shards to everyone, just to be safe.

    I mean, I already got mine, but you have to sure, right?

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786632#Comment_2786632

    And customers have a valid reason to be angry. Don't try to hand wave the devs failure. You act like this to your customers, expect to keep losing more players. Goin for -40% next month.

    i still don’t get what I did wrong?


    and be angry if you need to be. But don’t be unreasonable in your feedback if you want to be heard.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I think the best thing to do would be to give a full round of 6K shards to everyone, just to be safe.

    I mean, I already got mine, but you have to sure, right?

    See, the issue with that then is people who were never supposed to get shards in the first place end up getting even more, which isnt fair to the people who had been patiently waiting for their shards, there'd still be an imbalance to level out to be fair to everyone

  • Yeah I never got my appropriate Hawkins compensation and I'm still pissed

  • @Dionysus42 said:

    Despite the issue not being solved they've already removed their banner from the site and it's clear they're gearing up to sweep the issue under the rug like Hawkins BP (BTW they deleted a post of mine earlier for simply mentioning the comparison).

    I would prefer they openly state when they stop attempting to do it so we have something concrete to show people the next time there is a compensation due and they tell us to 'just keep waiting'. As I didn't get Hawkins BP or my shards, I'm sure I can fully expect BHVR to do a pretty good job next time too.

    If the post removed is the one I'm thinking of it was probably removed for the wrong tone lol. Just had a discussion with Rizz and they do not like usage of certain words because of implications. I don't really agree but whatever.

    Anyway, at this point the community probably should get additional shards for the devs completely failing to give out any in the first place.

  • @Real_RUBB3R said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786642#Comment_2786642

    See, the issue with that then is people who were never supposed to get shards in the first place end up getting even more, which isnt fair to the people who had been patiently waiting for their shards, there'd still be an imbalance to level out to be fair to everyone

    Clearly.

    I wasn't being serious.

  • We are not abandoning "giving out the shards" at all.

    The banner message was removed from the forums to be updated and as I had finished work prior to the update yesterday, then I did them immediately when I started work today - no hidden agenda, no trying to hide things (as you can see from our Twitter posts on the subject).

    We are sorry that this issue has occurred and it's being addressed, we fully intend that all our players receive their shards for having played as Leatherface, as we initially advised.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Yeah I never got my appropriate Hawkins compensation and I'm still pissed

    Shards are worth way more imo because they take so long to grind. 6,000 shards is 50+ hours of playtime while you can gain 1 million BP in 2-3 hours of playing killer. That’s why everyone is pissed off about not receiving them.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2786687#Comment_2786687

    Shards are worth way more imo because they take so long to grind. 6,000 shards is 50+ hours of playtime while you can gain 1 million BP in 2-3 hours of playing killer. That’s why everyone is pissed off about not receiving them.

    I had 150 on Blight alone.

  • I just want my shards but at this point I don't think I will get any

  • I wanted to buy Corrupt Intervention from last week's shrine, but I didn't get the 6K.