The only thing worse than camping and tunneling

Is having a teammate who is a complete dick.

Just played with a Kate who ran No Mither and Boil Over (which is not in itself a bad thing). Got downed almost immediately and tried to kill herself on hook. I wish I let her because for the rest of the match, she proceeded to go in and out of lockers activating the killers Iron Maiden, never worked on a gen, never unhooked anyone who was hooked, or anything.

It ended up just being myself and the Kate at the end of the match. The killer hooked me first of course and the Kate proceeded to grab but not unhook me until I died on hook. Why are people like this in this game? Like... what's the point

Comments

  • Bastards.jpg

    Dr Cox was a wise man

  • That's really the only thing worse than camping and tunneling, two validated tactics?

    • Not hacking?
    • Not hostage taking?
    • Not stretched res?

    Yikes.

  • @foxsansbox said:

    That's really the only thing worse than camping and tunneling, two validated tactics?

    • Not hacking?
    • Not hostage taking?
    • Not stretched res?

    Yikes.

    I mean as far as standard gameplay goes.

    I haven't had a hacker in over 3 years, games are hardly ever taken hostage and honestly i would say the survivors are the only one truly capable of being held hostage. A killer can eventually catch a survivor if they aren't bad at the game so there's no true hostage holding there. I don't even know what stretched res is tbh shrug

  • What’s wrong with camping/tunneling? They’re strategies with pros and cons.

  • Yeah as a killer i try to aim for players who dont help out, or sandbag. They are dirty. We do usually notice but cant always punish them for it. Accept maybe take the throttle off the others and go looking for them.

  • dc-ing as well (either side)

  • I thought you were gonna be balanced and say 'Slamming 5 gens in less than 5 minutes". You know, the survivor equivalent of try-harding.

  • I would say the one thing worse then camping and tunneling is t-bagging and BM at the exit gates, but hey, we all like different flavors.

  • @Wesu said:

    I thought you were gonna be balanced and say 'Slamming 5 gens in less than 5 minutes". You know, the survivor equivalent of try-harding.

    Nah because nothing triggers me more in this game than my own teammates tbh. I'm mostly unphased by all the bs killers do at this point but when it's my own teammates who ruin the game, I go full tilt

  • Yeah the Boil Over fiasco is resulting in some really crappy team mates.

    Had a Steve in Grim Pantry running it + Flip Flop and he did absolutely nothing else all game. He went into one of the structures upper floor and all of us picked him up at least once. We did all the gens, had 2 survivors on hooks, he opens the gates and immediately runs out. Didn't even try to help even though one of them was hooked right by him and the Killer was chasing me.

    But hey, according to Behaviour, he's the skilled one, and the two that died deserve their MMR to drop.

  • ever gone against technician squads? they all run that perk and intentionally fail skill checks on gens to quickly lower their progress to 0. it sucks.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    Yeah the Boil Over fiasco is resulting in some really crappy team mates.

    Had a Steve in Grim Pantry running it + Flip Flop and he did absolutely nothing else all game. He went into one of the structures upper floor and all of us picked him up at least once. We did all the gens, had 2 survivors on hooks, he opens the gates and immediately runs out. Didn't even try to help even though one of them was hooked right by him and the Killer was chasing me.

    But hey, according to Behaviour, he's the skilled one, and the two that died deserve their MMR to drop.

    If the high MMR is full of trash like them, going to lower MMR gonna be better for most survivors.

  • I clicked on this hoping to find a new strategy to anger survivors. Albeit, I do sometimes purposely exploit the fact that they have a bad teammate so that they get more titled. I almost feel bad about it. This David kept farming them off hook and I just let him... They lost the will to play. It was kind of awkward.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I clicked on this hoping to find a new strategy to anger survivors. Albeit, I do sometimes purposely exploit the fact that they have a bad teammate so that they get more titled. I almost feel bad about it. This David kept farming them off hook and I just let him... They lost the will to play. It was kind of awkward.

    I was gonna say your comments bring me life, but I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what you want since I'm a survivor main. So your comments bring me death and misery :)