Gen regression perk design flaw
I've been thinking about the way Gen regression are lately and have found a huge design flaw imo and it's the fact that they design them as if they are going to be used with other regression perks. This leads to single regression perks been practically useless aside from ruin which you still normal run in a combo. The next problem is that you can run multiple Gen regression perks so they have to be balanced as if they are going to be. Then you have the 4 perk limit which means that in most cases you have to dedicate half your build to have decent Gen regression. Behavior said they had no plans to limit perks but if we aren't getting any base regression I think they should limit Gen regression to 1 perk and balance them accordingly.
Comments
Ruin is actually pretty useless against competent survivors. It is a noob stomper. Nothing more. Not even worth stacking it with other regression. If anything, the true meta is blocking. Survivors are too efficient for regression to have an impact and in scenarios where it did have an impact, you would have destroyed them without it.
In other words, who cares? Let regression perks be weird gimmicks for bad killers.
I agree competent survivors will just work through it. It's good on mobile killer or on small maps when you can apply gen pressure. I run CI,DL, NWO,BBQ at normally. That's the thing is it was limited to 1 they could make it strong because it would be the only one you can bring.
The day they balance maps to not have 80 meters of distance per gen is the day they can look at regression.
I think we have a better chance of looming at regression at this point.
Gen regression is mostly garbage because the 1-frame gentap exists and the devs will never fix it.
Same. I don't like Ruin or any hex totems. They are removing so fast. I loved passive-slowdown meta more.
PR + DMS + Corrupt + Deadlock. And sometimes removing Corrupt for No Way Out. I loved to use this build on my all killers. I can focus on chases more while generators are blocking.
I haven't tried the new DMS yet. I've been finding it hard to play killer even after a break. A lot of survivors w keying way before I get there making it either take like 20 seconds to start a chase at a tile of there choosing or go find someone else. And then baby's I feel bad for stomping.
Well, pop alone could give 240 secs regress. Probably killers want 2.400, but I think it’s ok now
The problem with pop is alot of times you have to out of your way to get value and/or give a huge head start to a chase. The regression its self isn't bad it's more the time sink to get value before the timer runs out.
You gotta remember that tracking and chasing are elements killers can control. Slowing gen progress isn't. The killer can't chase 4 survivors. Killers have a time limit controlled by survivors. If they run a few stall perks then it's to deal with what they can't control.