I feel like the priority of changing addons is kinda weird, or random?

I mean I do totally get the point of mikaels eye and marvins blood nerf (both yellow addons for nemi-chan), they where totally overused and the nerf is totally understandable and right.

However we do have literally addons which are useless for some killers, why does it take so long to get them changed?

Here a list so maybe BHVR knows about their existence:

Oni:

Renjiros Bloody gloves - You lose literally your own power in trade of a aura reading? Scuffed scratched mirror myers?

Nurse:

Dull bracelet - No reason to have 3 blood point farm addons, having the white nit comb is enough

Anxious gasp - No reason to have 3 blood point farm addons

Legion:

Franks mixtape - Outdated addon, doesnt really work nor makes sense to use

Susies Mixtape, Never sleep pills, Friendship bracelet - Having a bigger killer instinct range is useless, you cannot reach a survivor who is at the edge of your TR anyway if they just hold w

Deep wound study - Should I even say something about that?

Fuming Mixtape - Bruh just use discordence lul, maybe okey as a purple but not iri

Nerfslinger:

Hellshire Iron - that other iri addon that probably half of the community doesnt even know of its existance, you get undetactable while you reel a survivor, dafuq?

Huntress:

Soldier's Puttee - maybe good for daily farming noed huntress players at bronze grades but not for a normal huntress with more than 5 braincells.


Thats all I can think of, if you have other suggestions let me know but I am pretty sure I covered the most.

These addons dont offer any kind of fun, unique and interesting gameplay, they are just simply useless and are just a blood web filler.

Comments

  • Hey, I actually like Renrijo's Bloody Glove. It's not as hard to get Blood Orbs as you make it out to be and it's super fun. Personally I think it's Oni's other iri that's derpy (though it's less so with this current patch, it's still not a very helpful effect unless you lose people a lot.)

    I could not agree more with Nurse's overdose of meme addons needing to be corrected, though. Also, Hellshire Iron is so... bizarre. Like I guess it's possible to do weird hit and runs... if teams clump together... with a 110... when I could honestly just bring Tinkerer and get more use out of that.

    Legion has so many useless and outdated addons - I maintain hope that the fabled Legion overhaul will put at least the purples to bed. But Fuming Mixtape is weird. They ported over one of Wraith's iris, but Wraith's activates his power outside of chase for the most part. It's his map traversal hunting state, so seeing what gens are being worked on is really good for him. Legion doesn't traverse the map using their power, they use it in chase or to harass several people at once, so the information is much less useful and probably not even what they're paying attention to when they have the power active. If they try to use it like Wraith and turn on their power to see that someone is working on that gen across the map, by the time they reach the gen, their power is out and on cooldown when they most need it.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Hey, I actually like Renrijo's Bloody Glove. It's not as hard to get Blood Orbs as you make it out to be and it's super fun. Personally I think it's Oni's other iri that's derpy (though it's less so with this current patch, it's still not a very helpful effect unless you lose people a lot.)

    I could not agree more with Nurse's overdose of meme addons needing to be corrected, though. Also, Hellshire Iron is so... bizarre. Like I guess it's possible to do weird hit and runs... if teams clump together... with a 110... when I could honestly just bring Tinkerer and get more use out of that.

    Legion has so many useless and outdated addons - I maintain hope that the fabled Legion overhaul will put at least the purples to bed. But Fuming Mixtape is weird. They ported over one of Wraith's iris, but Wraith's activates his power outside of chase for the most part. It's his map traversal hunting state, so seeing what gens are being worked on is really good for him. Legion doesn't traverse the map using their power, they use it in chase or to harass several people at once, so the information is much less useful and probably not even what they're paying attention to when they have the power active. If they try to use it like Wraith and turn on their power to see that someone is working on that gen across the map, by the time they reach the gen, their power is out and on cooldown when they most need it.

    In lower or casual games the bloody glove can be okey but if you play against rather decent survivors you will just nerf yourself as a whole but ye I also hope for the best with Legion.

  • The one group of add-ons I really wish they'd revamp are the ones which put the killer at a handicap in exchange for making certain scoring events higher. I really dislike using Bloodpoints as a balancing mechanism, I think it's much better to have the benefit be something that actually impacts the match itself rather than be currency to spend between matches.

    For example, Trapper's Padded Jaws makes the traps not injure survivors and the benefit is the traps score double points. They should replace that score increase with some decent in-game effect, like maybe the Padded Jaws traps reset themselves over time or Trapper can carry more of them or even something unique like he can get traps out of lockers and the oldest trap disappears from the map. Basically any strong benefit that makes up for the Padded Jaws handicap.

  • @dugman said:

    The one group of add-ons I really wish they'd revamp are the ones which put the killer at a handicap in exchange for making certain scoring events higher. I really dislike using Bloodpoints as a balancing mechanism, I think it's much better to have the benefit be something that actually impacts the match itself rather than be currency to spend between matches.

    For example, Trapper's Padded Jaws makes the traps not injure survivors and the benefit is the traps score double points. They should replace that score increase with some decent in-game effect, like maybe the Padded Jaws traps reset themselves over time or Trapper can carry more of them or even something unique like he can get traps out of lockers and the oldest trap disappears from the map. Basically any strong benefit that makes up for the Padded Jaws handicap.

    Ye true, we can hope that these addons may get reworked after they "fixed" the grinding.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771482#Comment_2771482

    Ye true, we can hope that these addons may get reworked after they "fixed" the grinding.

    Which brings up another point - all these add-ons aren't even giving you very much if anything in terms of extra bloodpoints because they're all limited by the category caps of 8k per category in the match. So if you're Trapper, for instance, and you're having a good game, you probably are already close to or at the max 8k for the Deviousness category which the trap events are under, so doubling those scoring events is giving you no extra bloodpoints. Similarly if you play really badly you might not even get any trap events at all, and double nothing is still nothing! So that Padded Jaws add-on only actually gets you extra bloodpoints when you happen to have kind of a mediocre game where you scored maybe 4k in the Devious category and got a few trap events, in which case you got a few hundred or maybe even a thousand or two extra.

    So even if you're hard up for bloodpoints, these add-ons are still terrible investments. You're better off just taking a standard add-on that actually directly helps you win the match versus putting yourself at a handicap during the match in the hopes that maybe, if you're lucky, this add-on makes up for some of the points the handicap cost you.

  • @dugman said:

    The one group of add-ons I really wish they'd revamp are the ones which put the killer at a handicap in exchange for making certain scoring events higher. I really dislike using Bloodpoints as a balancing mechanism, I think it's much better to have the benefit be something that actually impacts the match itself rather than be currency to spend between matches.

    For example, Trapper's Padded Jaws makes the traps not injure survivors and the benefit is the traps score double points. They should replace that score increase with some decent in-game effect, like maybe the Padded Jaws traps reset themselves over time or Trapper can carry more of them or even something unique like he can get traps out of lockers and the oldest trap disappears from the map. Basically any strong benefit that makes up for the Padded Jaws handicap.

    I'm not quite sure why the meme addons exist. You hit the nail on the head when you outlined how the bonus bloodpoints typically don't matter because they don't climb above the cap and most killers don't struggle to max Deviousness in a normal, moderately successful match. It wouldn't have been good compensation anyway, but without it, they're just straight nerfs. And it's a very rare situation where these addons even pay back their 3000 BP cost, so... they're just straight nerfs.

    The only meme addon I really like is Prayer Tablet Fragment because it enables a different playstyle - it actually gives you some power back in exchange for taking some away. I wish that was the model more of these worked on. And Party Bottle, but that's not a nerf, it's just entertaining.

    Though I have seen some meme builds before that capitalized on Padded Jaws, The Beast - Soot, and Speed Limiter (Bubba - on Billy, it's a horrific handicap, but on Bubba it's not that bad.) I don't quite remember what the others conferred - Wraith was something with Distressing and TR perks - but I know Padded Jaws could be used to farm STBFL because survivors are still trapped even after you hit them and you get two health states instead of one.

    So a couple of these do have foundations to work with if it comes to revamping them. I cannot for the life of me imagine a situation where you'd get any benefit out of running stuff like White Nit Comb or Kid's Drawing, though.

    Unfortunately, we've had these addons on killers as recent as Pinhead and Trickster, so the design behind these apparently isn't considered outdated.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771482#Comment_2771482

    I'm not quite sure why the meme addons exist. You hit the nail on the head when you outlined how the bonus bloodpoints typically don't matter because they don't climb above the cap and most killers don't struggle to max Deviousness in a normal, moderately successful match. It wouldn't have been good compensation anyway, but without it, they're just straight nerfs. And it's a very rare situation where these addons even pay back their 3000 BP cost, so... they're just straight nerfs.

    The only meme addon I really like is Prayer Tablet Fragment because it enables a different playstyle - it actually gives you some power back in exchange for taking some away. I wish that was the model more of these worked on. And Party Bottle, but that's not a nerf, it's just entertaining.

    Though I have seen some meme builds before that capitalized on Padded Jaws, The Beast - Soot, and Speed Limiter (Bubba - on Billy, it's a horrific handicap, but on Bubba it's not that bad.) I don't quite remember what the others conferred - Wraith was something with Distressing and TR perks - but I know Padded Jaws could be used to farm STBFL because survivors are still trapped even after you hit them and you get two health states instead of one.

    So a couple of these do have foundations to work with if it comes to revamping them. I cannot for the life of me imagine a situation where you'd get any benefit out of running stuff like White Nit Comb or Kid's Drawing, though.

    Unfortunately, we've had these addons on killers as recent as Pinhead and Trickster, so the design behind these apparently isn't considered outdated.

    I think the only "event gives more bloodpoints" add-ons I've used at all recently just for the heck of it was the Clown's Party Bottle which makes it so that if you hit a survivor with the bottle you get some bonus bloodpoints and a bunch of party streamers appear. It's basically totally harmless, the bloodpoint bonus is very minor and the effect is just cosmetic, but seeing streamers is good for a laugh I guess? πŸ™‚

    Other than that I can't think of any of these I'd even want to use at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hellshire Iron got reworked because his terror radius got increased, which would have the original version more powerful.

    They didn't even try to see if it worked though. They just nerfed it out the gate.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771532#Comment_2771532

    I think the only "event gives more bloodpoints" add-ons I've used at all recently just for the heck of it was the Clown's Party Bottle which makes it so that if you hit a survivor with the bottle you get some bonus bloodpoints and a bunch of party streamers appear. It's basically totally harmless, the bloodpoint bonus is very minor and the effect is just cosmetic, but seeing streamers is good for a laugh I guess? πŸ™‚

    Other than that I can't think of any of these I'd even want to use at all.

    Hey weird question but is the pop noise for party bottles super delayed for you? For me the pop noise plays like a third of a second after the bottles land. I can't figure out if it's latency or design.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I mean I do totally get the point of mikaels eye and marvins blood nerf (both yellow addons for nemi-chan), they where totally overused and the nerf is totally understandable and right.

    However we do have literally addons which are useless for some killers, why does it take so long to get them changed?

    Here a list so maybe BHVR knows about their existence:

    Oni:

    Renjiros Bloody gloves - You lose literally your own power in trade of a aura reading? Scuffed scratched mirror myers?

    Nurse:

    Dull bracelet - No reason to have 3 blood point farm addons, having the white nit comb is enough

    Anxious gasp - No reason to have 3 blood point farm addons

    Legion:

    Franks mixtape - Outdated addon, doesnt really work nor makes sense to use

    Susies Mixtape, Never sleep pills, Friendship bracelet - Having a bigger killer instinct range is useless, you cannot reach a survivor who is at the edge of your TR anyway if they just hold w

    Deep wound study - Should I even say something about that?

    Fuming Mixtape - Bruh just use discordence lul, maybe okey as a purple but not iri

    Nerfslinger:

    Hellshire Iron - that other iri addon that probably half of the community doesnt even know of its existance, you get undetactable while you reel a survivor, dafuq?

    Huntress:

    Soldier's Puttee - maybe good for daily farming noed huntress players at bronze grades but not for a normal huntress with more than 5 braincells.

    Thats all I can think of, if you have other suggestions let me know but I am pretty sure I covered the most.

    These addons dont offer any kind of fun, unique and interesting gameplay, they are just simply useless and are just a blood web filler.

    Agree, it seems to me like they are just mucking around with addons for no inheret reason instead of fixing actaul either more problematic addons or fixing greater issues in the game. Likewise for perks..

  • I've started playing with Legions increase killer instinct range and i'm starting to think they are among the best addons for legion.

    You quickly learn what you can and can't make in frenzy and the amount of information you get is crazy

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I've started playing with Legions increase killer instinct range and i'm starting to think they are among the best addons for legion.

    You quickly learn what you can and can't make in frenzy and the amount of information you get is crazy

    what do you get out of the information as a m1 killer without a power? Half of the time you see the survivors anyway running around, its not really hard to find survivors.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771542#Comment_2771542

    Hey weird question but is the pop noise for party bottles super delayed for you? For me the pop noise plays like a third of a second after the bottles land. I can't figure out if it's latency or design.

    I don’t remember off-hand? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772000#Comment_2772000

    what do you get out of the information as a m1 killer without a power? Half of the time you see the survivors anyway running around, its not really hard to find survivors.

    Knowing what direction is coming from for a save allows you to cut them off forcing someone else to stop working on a gen to go get them. If you didn't have that information you would have just been patrolling gens allowing them to get the save for free.

    Information is legions power. A lot of people just misplay him by becoming a m1 killer once everybody is injured and never pressing m2 again.

    Watch redgaminggears 30 days of Legion video. He explains really well how information can win matches

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772091#Comment_2772091

    Knowing what direction is coming from for a save allows you to cut them off forcing someone else to stop working on a gen to go get them. If you didn't have that information you would have just been patrolling gens allowing them to get the save for free.

    Information is legions power. A lot of people just misplay him by becoming a m1 killer once everybody is injured and never pressing m2 again.

    Watch redgaminggears 30 days of Legion video. He explains really well how information can win matches

    You are abit exaggerating. Either you play against survivor who cannot loop a m1 killer or dont have basic understandings of the game or you are simply trying to ignore the fact that survivors can still make a save like that if they want. There are perks like borrow, ds, dead hard and now circle of healing, if you commit for that chase then yes another survovor has to go off a gen and save, and? You act like this would stop the entire game and stall it for min. Its a thing of 30sec to run from a other side of the map and heal up, meanwhile you just managed to injure the person with your frenzy and run behind them with your knife trying and praying for blood lust.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772229#Comment_2772229

    You are abit exaggerating. Either you play against survivor who cannot loop a m1 killer or dont have basic understandings of the game or you are simply trying to ignore the fact that survivors can still make a save like that if they want. There are perks like borrow, ds, dead hard and now circle of healing, if you commit for that chase then yes another survovor has to go off a gen and save, and? You act like this would stop the entire game and stall it for min. Its a thing of 30sec to run from a other side of the map and heal up, meanwhile you just managed to injure the person with your frenzy and run behind them with your knife trying and praying for blood lust.

    And i think you are exaggerating if you think that m1 killers are completly helpless. It's not impossible to score a m1 hit if you pick your chases carefully.

    But i'm not going down this rabbithole again. I'll agree to disagree

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774544#Comment_2774544

    And i think you are exaggerating if you think that m1 killers are completly helpless. It's not impossible to score a m1 hit if you pick your chases carefully.

    But i'm not going down this rabbithole again. I'll agree to disagree

    not saying its impossible, it depends on the survivors there. If you get sweaty tryhards then yes its basicly impossible and just really unfun, if you get casuals then legion is fine and I understand your point of view there, however I for my part get for some reason a lot more tryhards since MMR came out so thats why I have this point of view currently.

  • I wish to raise the issue of all of Pyramid Head's add-ons.

  • It's probably chosen through the same process as everything else, a dartboard.