Give us a way to play as old Freddy

I’ll never understand Freddy’s rework, such a unique killer turned into a generic one who places snares that slow down survivors and fake pallets, i mean whats more simple and generic than that?

The current Freddy is boring to play as and against, his power doesnt make any sense; so why you didn’t gave us at least the chance to switch back to the old one

Comments

  • Old Freddy doesn't exist anymore. I sincerely doubt they'd recreate old Freddy, especially since they have to have permission to make changes to licensed killers. Also, Old Freddy was created over 4 years ago. In today's meta with boon perks, I don't see old Freddy standing a chance. But then again, we'll never know since he's never coming back.

    Not to mention with how troublesome spaghetti code is, having 1 killer with 2 completely different powers that you somehow are supposed to switch between, is likely to cause a myriad of issues.

  • I miss old freddy, he was fun.

  • I, for one, would be totally ok with replacing current Freddy with the original. Plus or minus a few tweaks. Current Freddy is incredibly boring and has horrific add-ons.

  • That they should. Oh, they really, REALLY should.

    You know, that was the reason I first joined the Forums. One month after his rework, I desperately came here to see if there was a way to bring him back. Naive, I know, but it seemed like a good idea back then.

    I've been trying ever since.

    I am not going to lie to ya, my friend, this journey is painful sometimes:

    Effort.png

    More than it should be.

    But I refuse to give up until my mission is accomplished. And seeing people like you always brings a smile to my face.

    You are doing something important.

    Never forget that.

    @Tr1nity said:

    @GeneralV your up.

    Thank you for mentioning me, my friends.

  • Would be cool if it was coded properly hell could be like playing against 2 different killers

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    I miss old freddy, he was fun.

    @GoshJosh said:

    I, for one, would be totally ok with replacing current Freddy with the original. Plus or minus a few tweaks. Current Freddy is incredibly boring and has horrific add-ons.

    Ily <3

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Would be cool if it was coded properly hell could be like playing against 2 different killers

    It would be fantastic! A pity BHVR doesn't listen, or we would have such feature available by now.

  • @_Oxy_ said:

    I’ll never understand Freddy’s rework, such a unique killer turned into a generic one who places snares that slow down survivors and fake pallets, i mean whats more simple and generic than that?

    The current Freddy is boring to play as and against, his power doesnt make any sense; so why you didn’t gave us at least the chance to switch back to the old one

    Welcome to the forums...I'd be surprised if you actually have played old Freddy.

  • @GeneralV said:

    That they should. Oh, they really, REALLY should.

    You know, that was the reason I first joined the Forums. One month after his rework, I desperately came here to see if there was a way to bring him back. Naive, I know, but it seemed like a good idea back then.

    I've been trying ever since.

    I am not going to lie to ya, my friend, this journey is painful sometimes:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MNH0N3MDI4Y9/effort.png

    More than it should be.

    But I refuse to give up until my mission is accomplished. And seeing people like you always brings a smile to my face.

    You are doing something important.

    Never forget that.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771337#Comment_2771337

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771345#Comment_2771345

    Thank you for mentioning me, my friends.

    I actually wanted to tag you as well but it seemed rather redundant when two others already have 😒

  • @Sepex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771369#Comment_2771369

    I actually wanted to tag you as well but it seemed rather redundant when two others already have 😒

    Its all good, matey! I thank you for remembering.

    You'll get a chance soon!

  • I first played dbd in December of 2020, so I never got the chance to experience old Freddy. I did however experienced a lot of Forever Freddy's..... what a nightmare that was....literally. They changed his add-ons and nerfed Undying and honestly, i couldn't be more happy if that means I no longer had to face a Freddy with so many slow down perks. Now when I go against a Freddy, I don't mind as much, but I don't exactly feel joy going up against him. This is Freddy Kruger, and yet he's as boring as stale bread. I would honestly love to have an experience with the Og Freddy.