Would basekit Bond be op/broken?

I'm considering the plans about closing the gap between SWF and solo survivors, what are you thoughts?

We all know one of the advantages of SWF is the ability to pinpoint where everyone is.

Knowing where everyone is (Bond effects), what are they doing (new HUD actions) and which perks they are using (with the implemention of a HUD sharing all the perks) is a HUGE improvement to solo survivors without buffing SWF in my opinion.

Comments

  • no, provided killers at base are buffed to compensate. massively shortening the information gap will not fix all the solo issues, but making it so you dont need to balance for 3 different groups, and instead just 2, will help immensely long-term imho.


    just buff killers at the same time pls

  • No, we don't need any perk to make base-kit. They are fine. But...


    Solo survivors needs buffs. HUD changes will be good. Solo survivors should have info like SWF teams. And solo survivors should not need to use Small Game for totem counter. Just add Totem Counter to survivor's hud. That's all.

  • No if anything it will lead to more sandbagging most likely.

  • I think a better option would instead of giving survivors an outright aura of nearby teammates, they should get a subtle, well, "aura" of the direction and distance of their teammates map wide. Maybe 3 HUD arrows that change size and color depending on distance, health state?

  • If Bond were base kit, I'd use more toolboxes and less med kites

  • Bond is my go to perk, every build. YOu want it, use it, no freebies.

  • It wouldn't necessarily be that much help, considering it only shows nearby survivors and it's really knowing what survivors are doing the other side of the map that's more important.

    In terms of boosting the SoloQ, a more effective strategy would be to do what Identity V has in place. They show what action a survivor is doing by their icon. At least you get an idea of what the others are doing.

  • @Clevite said:

    Bond is my go to perk, every build. YOu want it, use it, no freebies.

    A personal build of minethat I enjoy is Bond, Windows and Open Handed. The amount of sandbagging I've detected and avoided is too darn high

    I'm actually concerned about OTHERS having Bond; it's a dangerous power to let a Meg know which gen you are working on XD

  • It's definitely needed, SWFs have it out of the box already.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763784#Comment_2763784

    A personal build of minethat I enjoy is Bond, Windows and Open Handed. The amount of sandbagging I've detected and avoided is too darn high

    I'm actually concerned about OTHERS having Bond; it's a dangerous power to let a Meg know which gen you are working on XD

    I so agree!!

  • I don't know about overpowered, but it would definitely be giving survivors an additional bit of power that they don't really need. A lack of intel adds challenge to the game, and I think it's fair that players have some challenges to deal with. Matches shouldn't just be made easier in the name of closing the gap between SWF and Solo.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    I don't know about overpowered, but it would definitely be giving survivors an additional bit of power that they don't really need. A lack of intel adds challenge to the game, and I think it's fair that players have some challenges to deal with. Matches shouldn't just be made easier in the name of closing the gap between SWF and Solo.

    But if solo has to deal with the challenge and SWF does not surely that’s an issue that needs to be solved?

  • @GiveMeBoops said:

    They don't want to give kindred basekit, so there is not that much info for new survivors and you would want Bond?

    I can get behind survivor aura Kindred, but definetly not Bond. Mainly because that would be buff for SWF too.

    Location sharing between SWF is not that easy. You usually don't do this during chase. Bond for everyone would make protection hits so easy and you would never bring killer to your friends unless you want to.

    what do you mean not that easy? every map has hallmark buildings and generalized layouts that calling your position is super easy even in a chase.

    Example I'll use Growning store house.

    -Shack

    -Main building, running infinity window

    -MB top left T-L

    -MB Top-right T-L

    -MB Bottom-right T-L

    -Far bottom Jungle gym

    -Center long-wall

    -Far right T-L

    -T-L by shack.

    some swf might use different systems, like instead of using hallmarks, they'll use clock system instead. they'll know what places are... because they understand how the map looks like.

    image.png


    image.png


    So when people say base-kit bond buffs 4 man swf, it does not because they already can communications thanks to Discord. Kindred can be base-kit but it need to be nerfed. the consistent 16 meter aura reading around hook would need to be 5 second aura reading. This again speaks to again some of advantages of SWF. When a killer hooks a survivor, suppose they see a person on generator from BBQ. A solo player wouldn't know that killer is approaching their location but SWF can tell the general direction that a killer is moving after performing a hook action. This gives survivor who is on generator the ability to hide or make large distances and have pre-planned routing for loops. This is why kindred gives some aura reading after a hook though consistent aura reading in 16 meters is unrealistic amount of information.

    I would say that information perks for survivor are like Solo-Q tax perk slot tax perks. SWF get it for free, solo-queue survivors get -1 perk slot. Its not that you cannot play without these perks, its that your at heavy disadvantage in term of time efficiency by not using them. Some players do not equip them so they end up playing a lot worse as a result.

    A killer comparison to this is pre-buffed Wraith. Wraith always had purple windstorm, it made wraith a lot stronger. People that played wraith always used purple windstorm, but not everyone used it. Those that did not use it were at heavy disadvantage when using wraith's power. Now purple windstorm is base-kit ability to Wraith, So wraith in general performs better and get played more as a result of purple windstorm being base-kit.

    Its similar type of logic when it comes to information perks and whole swf aspect. there can be still information perks that enhance information aspect, but part of should be base-kit. Wraith still has windstorm, he can go even faster, but for most part, its base-kit in comparison to its old version. Kindred can still be a perk, It will give permanent 16 meter aura reading around hook, but global aura reading can be base-kit with 5 second aura reading of the killer would be base-kit if kindred was used as the perk to bridge gap in regards to information

    you can have base-kit bond, but equipping bond itself gives global aura reading for example. Obviously a perk like Empathy would need to be reworked than there is a bunch of other information perks that nobody uses like blood pact ever since its PTB nerf, Jeff Aftercare, Nancy's better together because bond and kindred far surpass those perks.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764814#Comment_2764814

    But if solo has to deal with the challenge and SWF does not surely that’s an issue that needs to be solved?

    In my opinion, you should just use different perks when you solo than when you swf, that's what I do. When I swf, I can rely on my friends to come and heal me when I need healing, so I don't run perks that focus on healing. If I'm solo queueing and I can't rely on my teammates to heal me when I need it, I bring healing perks or a medkit. There are already perks in the game that help close this gap by giving you intel and self-sustainability, so you should use those resources.

  • As a Bond enjoyer, I'd love to see it basekit, but I don't think it will be happening.

    It wouldn't be OP, it would place solo Q closer to SWF.

  • Nope. I wish they would do it but for some weird reason they won't.

  • Bond is my essential cannot live without it perk. It would be awesome to have it as base kit.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764823#Comment_2764823

    In my opinion, you should just use different perks when you solo than when you swf, that's what I do. When I swf, I can rely on my friends to come and heal me when I need healing, so I don't run perks that focus on healing. If I'm solo queueing and I can't rely on my teammates to heal me when I need it, I bring healing perks or a medkit. There are already perks in the game that help close this gap by giving you intel and self-sustainability, so you should use those resources.

    I do use those resource. In fact I have to build entirely around the fact I play solo queue

    Bond for info on teammates

    BT for camping killers

    DS for farming teammates/ tunnelling killers

    Dectective’s hunch for finding hex totems

    Having to use 3/4 perks just to make solo fun is not good

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764838#Comment_2764838

    I do use those resource. In fact I have to build entirely around the fact I play solo queue

    Bond for info on teammates

    BT for camping killers

    DS for farming teammates/ tunnelling killers

    Dectective’s hunch for finding hex totems

    Having to use 3/4 perks just to make solo fun is not good

    You don't have to run 3/4 perks based on the fact that you're solo queueing. Really all you need is a good medkit and kindred, and the rest you can do whatever you want with.

    Knowing exactly where your teammates are when you're already close to them is only really a big deal in indoor maps.

    Instead of trying to go for saves against camping killers, just do gens. Camping killers thrive when you try to be overly altruistic instead of doing gens.

    Being able to find totems is something that becomes easier with playtime. With enough hours, you'll eventually memorize where that majority of the totem spawns are and from there you can have a relatively easy time finding hex totems.

    DS is good for when you're actually being tunneled yeah, but if you're being tunneled hard, then the killer definitely isn't focusing on gens, which is gonna come back to bite them anyways.

  • I think it would be a tad much.

    Even swf would be stronger with how easy bond makes bodyblocks. Straight up seeing where everyone is around you is better then calling it out

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764913#Comment_2764913

    You don't have to run 3/4 perks based on the fact that you're solo queueing. Really all you need is a good medkit and kindred, and the rest you can do whatever you want with.

    Knowing exactly where your teammates are when you're already close to them is only really a big deal in indoor maps.

    Instead of trying to go for saves against camping killers, just do gens. Camping killers thrive when you try to be overly altruistic instead of doing gens.

    Being able to find totems is something that becomes easier with playtime. With enough hours, you'll eventually memorize where that majority of the totem spawns are and from there you can have a relatively easy time finding hex totems.

    DS is good for when you're actually being tunneled yeah, but if you're being tunneled hard, then the killer definitely isn't focusing on gens, which is gonna come back to bite them anyways.

    I said 3/4 since BT could be switched out. Detectives hunch is needed to an extent because I don’t have time to search all locations. Especially on some maps if I do the killer will gain massive pressure since I’m not on gens. Bond an DS are necessary though from my experience (or any teammate aura perk really) because I can’t trust my team to protect me after unhook or doing gens well

  • I don't find this necessary.

    Even swf don't know where each other are located down to the aura.

    It's why many people use Bond even in swf.

  • @psionic said:

    I'm considering the plans about closing the gap between SWF and solo survivors, what are you thoughts?

    We all know one of the advantages of SWF is the ability to pinpoint where everyone is.

    Knowing where everyone is (Bond effects), what are they doing (new HUD actions) and which perks they are using (with the implemention of a HUD sharing all the perks) is a HUGE improvement to solo survivors without buffing SWF in my opinion.

    For solo q, not so much (they already have so much disavantage for them). For swf, yes, it would make them even more op (they can't always inform their exact position and this would make so they don't even have to worry about it, just concentrating on more important information).

  • @Clevite said:

    Bond is my go to perk, every build. YOu want it, use it, no freebies.

    That's right. Solos need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2763784#Comment_2763784

    That's right. Solos need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps

    All I play is solo, it is a great perk!

  • @GiveMeBoops said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2764836#Comment_2764836

    This works when you play with same players over and over again.

    But if you want to play with random players on official discord for example, most of them just can't do that. Most players can't even talk while being in chase, because they need to focus on that chase.

    I already consider SWF being really easy and this would make it worse.

    I want to see their system of what action is which survivor is doing. I really don't wanna have game give me all information, where I basically don't have to think about anything. That's just boring for me.

    "This works when you play with same players over and over again."

    Survivors have moments of down time where there are not many mindgames really going on during the chase. I mean suppose one of the many jungle gyms that can spawn on growning storehouse. The killer has to break the pallet meaning that the survivor will be making distance as normal killer kick pallet break is very slow. I refer to this part of the chase as the "Shift+W" part of the chase.

    this part of chase is same for just about everyone so I don't see how calling out the position is difficult at all. I imagine official discord is just filled with a bunch of new... player so to speak. Obviously new players need to take time to learn the game. New survivors can't really understand this because they do not know layout of the map.

    I am talking about players that decent at the game and have enough time in the game they know what killer powers do and the maps, not brand new players.

    Survivor is not the most complex role. I don't think information suddenly makes you good at looping killers or make you suddenly have amazing teamplay. It just enables to have option to make better plays. I'm sure new system that they're implementing will help but I'm not entirely convinced that it will bridge gap that much.

    For example, If i see the icon that 3 people are on generators as teammate, I still do not know what generator they are on so there is still chance that as I loop a killer for example, I might bring the killer to one of the generators that my teammate is working on. With bond, that never happens, you will always be able to loop killers away from your team. Suppose they make healing icon for when other survivors heal, you still won't know where they are healing. With bond or kindred, you just see their aura. with SWF, they just optimize this automatically. that's why they're so fast at the objective. these are just some of examples of why I think it will not really bridge gap that much.