Grab Validation
Since survivors have pallet and dead hard validation, how come killers don't have grab validation. Grabs are literally impossible because of the ping from dedicated servers. Another example of survivor bias.
Since survivors have pallet and dead hard validation, how come killers don't have grab validation. Grabs are literally impossible because of the ping from dedicated servers. Another example of survivor bias.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
One could hope, never completed almost any of the archive challenges that involved grabs because of it.
Become a friendly killer for one match and farm with the survivors, then just grab them off gens and let them wiggle out again. Rinse, repeat.
I haven't played in months tbh and I'm not reinstalling just for that, plus farming like that is boring as hell.
Farming sucks though.
I'm not knocking anyone for doing it that way but I'm not gonna do it, especially since I haven't played in a few months anyways.
Why would grabs need to be validated when they have no relevant impact on gameplay? Validation is for key mechanics of the game such as dead hard, silly.
They're working on grab validation (involving recoding the mechanic, unlike with Dead Hard when they slapped on the verification check and called it a day). The swing after a failed grab was a temporary fix.
As to how long this will take, Cows only knows, but that's their plan. Unless it's changed without telling us.
The survivors have grab validation, I think that should be reversed. If the killer gets the grab animation, then don't do this stupid auto-swing, just have the killer grab the survivor. Not so hard to do.
If the killers have no grab validation, then they can just tank their own connection and grab people before they even appear on the survivors screen.
What's worse is when you get grab cancelled, the proceeding auto-lunge usually misses
You could put a system where if the killer has 200+ ping then they don't get the grab validation.
I can't count the number of times I got locked in a grab animation, only for the game to go 'Lol, no!' and the Survivor runs away. And most of those would have been hooks that could have swung a game to my favor, so your 'no relevant impact' is factually wrong.
I just get angry when the animation starts grapping the survivor but for some kind of magic the animation stops sometimes you miss the hit...