Dead Hard - When Will This Perk Get Nerfed?

New to the forums but I had to make an account to post this.

I'm someone who plays regularly as both survivors and killers - not the best but not the worst with either and quite impartial when it comes to both camps.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but Dead Hard has got to be the most overused, overpowering and broken perk in the game. I'm sure you could maybe say the same about 1-2 perks but, in my opinion, this is it.

While I like the idea of Dead Hard - basically being able to duck a hit in the last second, I say the perk is broken because it removes any skill associated with using it. If anything, it promotes being bad at using it as that's when you get the most out of it and what makes the perk be so overpowering - having a hit connect yet not doing any damage because the survivor activated it too late (whether on purpose or not) and therefore 1. it defeats the purpose of the perk (i.e. ducking a hit as you're basically TAKING a hit) and 2. the perk is overpowering and takes no skill to use (I'm saying this having tried it out - it's very easy to get away with not being injured by a hit if you trigger it late).

I just had a game where I landed 5 legit hits and none of them did any damage because of how this perk is being used these days.

Again, being impartial to killer and survivor, I think survivors do have an advantage overall but perks like Dead Hard make it even more obvious and ruin the overall balance of the game so I hope this will be nerfed to the point where Dead Hard should only do one thing - duck a hit if used properly. If you trigger it late, then you should take damage.

Comments

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759490#Comment_2759490

    I started playing killer again recently and the amount of times I won just due to Ruin, Undying, and Devour is disgusting. Using Dead Hard as a survivor doesn't automatically win games for you but those hex perks can completely win a game for a killer.

    Hex Perks can be taken completely out of a game. Dead Hard cannot. They don't really equate. Make Dead Hard a Boon, and then you can compare its effects to those of Ruin, Undying, or Devour. High risk, high reward, and the ability for Survivors to remove the Perk completely from play.

  • @Mringasa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759494#Comment_2759494

    Hex Perks can be taken completely out of a game. Dead Hard cannot. They don't really equate. Make Dead Hard a Boon, and then you can compare its effects to those of Ruin, Undying, or Devour. High risk, high reward, and the ability for Survivors to remove the Perk completely from play.

    Yeah but with hex perks even though they can go fairly quickly as long as you used them it was worth it. If I just regress 1 or 2 gens with Ruin and then it gets cleansed it was so worth using. There's also the fact that the survivors have to spend time actually cleansing the totems which is adding to time that survivors aren't on gens, the only downside to hexes is that you have to use a lot of them but it's still worth using. The effect of them is felt throughout the entire game, not just when they're up.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759013#Comment_2759013

    Nerf dead hard (which I agree with) and you will see sprint burst and lithe be used more. They will get asked to be nerfed to if this happened

    Definetly, just look at forums. Everybody finds something to nerf.

    But it is still going to easier to counter SB/Lithe then DH itself :)

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759490#Comment_2759490

    I started playing killer again recently and the amount of times I won just due to Ruin, Undying, and Devour is disgusting. Using Dead Hard as a survivor doesn't automatically win games for you but those hex perks can completely win a game for a killer.

    It is in that particular MMR, where survivors dont know what hex totems are. Quite bizarre that they are up for more then a minute.

  • as a minor nerf, it would be nice if a survivor couldn’t DH through bear traps. It doesn’t make sense and Trapper needs all the help he can get.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759031#Comment_2759031

    You have to ask yourself, do perks like Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, NOED require skill? These powerful perks simply work automatically and tilts the game massively in favor of the killer for simply playing the game normally.

    At least Dead Hard requires precise timing to use properly. Although it is not difficult to use, in some cases it does require a lot of experience of knowing when to use it.

    As someone else said earlier, saying "what about this perk then" basically concedes the initial point that I made. Also, as I highlighted, yes, perks like Ruin for example also don't require skill but they are not even close to how strong and OP Dead Hard is and they can be taken out of the game quite easily when DH cannot. I really don't get this comparison, these perks are not even in the same realm.

    Also, DH requires 0 skill - well at least the current iteration does not because even of you mistimed the activation of DH, you will be able to take a hit and not take damage and that's what makes it OP and defeats the purpose of the actual perk which has an emphasis on DUCKING the hit, not being late with it so you can take a hit.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759490#Comment_2759490

    I started playing killer again recently and the amount of times I won just due to Ruin, Undying, and Devour is disgusting. Using Dead Hard as a survivor doesn't automatically win games for you but those hex perks can completely win a game for a killer.

    22

  • @Smuk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759438#Comment_2759438

    Definetly, just look at forums. Everybody finds something to nerf.

    But it is still going to easier to counter SB/Lithe then DH itself :)

    Big time!

  • @Journeywalker said:

    as a minor nerf, it would be nice if a survivor couldn’t DH through bear traps. It doesn’t make sense and Trapper needs all the help he can get.

    Yeah, once again this perk negates several killers' powers, it's just dumb obvious how OP it is.

  • Nah but like the fact that you slide off of it is kind of bullshit, get rid of them Iframes

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759490#Comment_2759490

    I started playing killer again recently and the amount of times I won just due to Ruin, Undying, and Devour is disgusting. Using Dead Hard as a survivor doesn't automatically win games for you but those hex perks can completely win a game for a killer.

    That's either a lie or you're playing against complete beginners all the time (which I doubt) . Hexes don't usually last more than a couple of minutes and the more hex perks you use as a killer, the more you put yourself at a disadvantage. DH not only requires 0 skill but it's OP and cannot be removed from a game unlike a hex perk. Make DH a boon perk and we can at least compare them from this point of view and even then, boons are more OP than hexes as hexes can be destroyed completely yet boons can always be enabled again, there's no denying that survivors have most of the advantages in this game.

  • @Bigbawi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759494#Comment_2759494

    That's either a lie or you're playing against complete beginners all the time (which I doubt) . Hexes don't usually last more than a couple of minutes and the more hex perks you use as a killer, the more you put yourself at a disadvantage. DH not only requires 0 skill but it's OP and cannot be removed from a game unlike a hex perk. Make DH a boon perk and we can at least compare them from this point of view and even then, boons are more OP than hexes as hexes can be destroyed completely yet boons can always be enabled again, there's no denying that survivors have most of the advantages in this game.

    Yeah yeah, Ruin, Undying, and Devour Hope are bad and Dead Hard is good. Makes sense.

  • @GannTM said:

    Don't worry, I heard the devs are planning on working on it, but it might take until September of 2027 until it reaches live.

    Yeah it may take a while the the key rework did but it needs to happen as the perk has become a real problem. I remember when old Ruin was being used in over 80% of matches by killers so they decided it needed to be nerfed/reworked. When I play killer I am shocked when a survivor doesn't have DH these days.

    Not sure how it would be reworked but obviously it needs to be looked at and if it isn't survivor queues are going to be even more horrible than they are now.

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    There's a lot of perks that require no skill to use. Ruin, Undying, Endfury, Sprint Burst, Inner Healing, PGTW, NOED, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Brutal Strength, Agitation, the list goes on.

    In fact almost every single perk in the game doesn't require any skill to use, despite it's strength. I don't consider getting a down as a killer a skill, it's just natural progression of the game.

    Until they start making perks that pop up math problems before you can use them, there's little to be done in the way of any perks requiring any amount of skill to use them.

    So applying pressure on multiple gens to make ruin work doesn't require skill...

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2759201#Comment_2759201

    Oh I dont need to, I run this perk on my every build and id know if it was buffed, which it wasnt recently at all.

    Its immune to stridor,so they buff Iron Will and nerf spirit some months later...all part or the plan...

  • This content has been removed.
  • I've said this a few times before, many people play for the one on one interaction in game, especially people who have played the game for many years. Dead hard is one of the strongest chase perks because it's an amazing chase extender and allows people to make up for their mistake (most of the time). If this perk was to get significantly reworked or nerfed, I feel like LOADS of people will stop playing, knowing that they won't be able to have even longer chases, therefore I feel dead hard will never be significantly changed for that exact reason.

1 2 ›