No One Escapes Death
Also known as "I'm gonna need an 'oh ######### button' because I'm a bad killer main" lol All jokes aside, this perk is EVERYWHERE. Hell, I even see Leather Face and Billy mains running this perk.
Although it's not really surprising anymore because every killer runs it, can us survivors at least get one of two:
1) A totem counter so everyone can know how many totems are left to cleanse.
2) The exposed notification when NOED activates, rather than upon first down. It really sucks when you've won the entire match and body a hit for a hurt survivor only to get surprised with NOED. Then everyone else escapes without you because they're scared of getting insta-downed. The perk should be titled "One Person Won't Escape Death!" with an Arthur fist as the icon lol
Comments
I DO cleanse totems so don’t assume because it only makes you look worse. You know what they say about people who assume everything...
I cleanse any totem I see, it depends on your teammates as well because you may not find every single totem on the map by yourself.
Generators are the ONLY priority survivors NEED to do to win the match. So trying to escape is somehow lazy now?
My stance hasn’t changed and I said what I said and meant exactly what I said. DS and NOED rewards bad gameplay. If you allow all the generators to get done then why should you get an insta-down?
I’m not telling you to adapt to DS because it is rewarding bad gameplay. Don’t tell me to adapt to NOED when it also rewards bad gameplay on the killers part. I can easily adapt to any perk or add-on if need be but some are just plain out annoying.
yes the gens are the priority but totems as I described, are secondary obj and skip that is being lazy. If you don't agree I won't even care for how stubborn your answer was.
I'm done since I can't have a discussion with someone who won't so stick to your idea.
You know what they say about people who never change their mind right? :^)
Why would I change my stance on NOED when it is the killers JOB to keep gens on lock and not allow the exit gates to be powered and when the survivors actually do their objective by fixing gens they get punished for it? DS punishes the killer for doing his job by downing a survivor and NOED punishes survivors for doing their job by fixing gens. People are also saying that NOED should be in the killers BASE KIT. That is just ridiculous. People just want easy matches. If you can’t handle Rank 1 then derank to a lower rank.
Totems are not a priority for escaping, point blank period. Sure it is a wise decision to cleanse them but you don’t need to cleanse them to win the match.
I still believe that DS and NOED should both be removed entirely.
My profile name doesn’t mean anything. So what f I’m a Meg main? I “assume” you are a Feng main by your profile picture...but what did I say about assuming? 🤷🏼♂️
To be honest, I don't see the problem with Hex: No one escapes death, BUT I would like to see a Totem Counter. Maybe due the Map-Item. Thats some kind of idea I would like to see.
Regardless it's a fair and unbiased point of view. I also see that once again my good friends @Wolf74 and @Malakir are triggered by the mere suggestion of nerfing something killer related
and this isn't just an occasional thing... its 3/5 matches easily.
and I can honestly understand camping toxic survivors, its the only time I can condone such a thing... but I am far from a toxic player, I'm not even good enough to annoy them with loops.
I'm the stealthy one that just hopes to go unnoticed.
also, 18s isn't that big of a deal except that its NOT just 18s. there's additional time to be considered when you are looking for the totems and dealing with traps or nearby killers.
I’ll agree on the Adrenaline part although I’m guilty of using it because it’s such a good perk. I love Adrenaline and it has gotten me out of multiple situations. I wouldn’t say it is an OP perk but it is a very powerful end game perk.
I’m not screaming for killer nerfs or survivor nerfs like A LOT of people do. Certain killers need reworks for sure, but competent players don’t need the game to hold their hand throughout the entire round like some people do. Just seeing the back and forth crying for nerfs is getting old and is nothing but a meme at this point.
Survivors all bring d-strike and adrenaline so killers all bring NOED.
Killers all bring NOED so survivors all bring d-strike and adrenaline.
Its like one side cant stop bringing certain perks because the other side wont. So if they went they'd all have to go at once.
Having said that, I feel NOED is the counter to 4 x adrenaline. I don't mind those two as much because they're end game perks. At least with noed chances are I've had a good game and earned some points even if I don't get to escape. Same for adrenaline, if 3-4 of those pop I was never going to win the game anyway.
Decisive I feel is the problem as its the one perk that actually disrupts the game during the generator stage. It also pretty much guarentees someone an escape once the exit gates are open.
All I did was state how DS and NOED give bad players a second chance at either killing or surviving. NOED gets a bad rep simply because if there are 4 survivors left and one gets hit and hooked the killer will more than likely camp to ensure a kill (only thing they really can do) and safety pip. NOED is just as much of a crutch perk as DS is.
It’s my own opinion. I even said that people can disagree if they want, it’s fine with me. I’m just not changing my opinion because you disagreed with me. It’s cool if you disagree and we can have a discussion because that’s what the fourms are for but then you wanna point fingers and say that I have enflated ego because I believe NOED and DS should be removed entirely.
Just because I’m not a “killer main” it automatically gives me a bad rep. If I changed my name to “NurseMain98” I wouldn’t get HALF the crap I do because people assume all survivor mains are entitled. I look for balance in the game. It is asymmetrical of course but it cannot give the power role TOO much power or the game would be unplayable. The game was balanced to have 2 escapes and 2 sacrifices. The killer is not entitled to a 4K anymore than the survivor is entitled to an escape.
Trust me...there are people on the fourms that are way more stubborn than me that have way more ridiculous ideas on game play changes.
My problem with NOED is that too many killers rely on it to help them win. It's always the killers that are really bad, where survivors take 10 minutes to do a gen and they got 1 hook and smacked a few people, that have NOED. It's a crutch.
Which is exactly what DS is too. I don't mind it so much for the obsession, because you can play around it most of the time. But when 3 or 4 survivors have it it's completely game breaking. Heck it's borderline game breaking at 1 use, and worst part is you have no idea who else has it and since they don't use it right away it has more potential to screw you over at a crucial moment.
The way I look at it... NOED needs a tell. If you cleanse a dull totem and the killer has ANY totem perk in play you get the little triangle Hex icon, but not a notification of what Hex it is until you officially trigger it. Survivors then can do a single dull totem, see a Hex is in play, and by the course of the game eliminate all other Hexs to KNOW it will be a NOED and to plan accordingly. This makes it less of a crutch tactic for bad killers since they won't usually get the surprise on someone. Plus it would do what killers what, which is slow the game as survivors will take time to do totems.
DS should only be available to the obsession, and the size of the skill check increases with each instance in the group (to give some benefit to having more than 1 DS). Too many survivors rely on this to escape, the only one who even NEEDS this is the obsession because there are 2 perks that say "kill this person ASAP". If you want to be an obsession so bad then put on another perk or take the chance you go in with 1 less perk. Maybe to be fairer to solo players, give a notification to all survivors in the lobby if one of them is using an obsession perk. That way you can swap to something else if you see others might be using it.
When an hex get destroyed everybody knows, which is dumb per se. I receive a ton of info that I don't need as survivor.
You shouldn't be notified about everything, beside that I won't touch totems right now since the spawns are awful. If totems where decently hidden so people could use other hexes besides ruin and noed, and the first last for 30s on average, then I might agree on certain degree. I'd rather run devour hope if I have to choose. Its way more fun, the killer get stronger over the course of the game but can be counted as well. The problem is most of the time I cleanse totems and notice that guy had devour noed and ruin and none of them activated. It feels cheap especially when I spawn into them
About DS yeah, if was obsession only I won't even change the perk itself. Maybe tweak some numbers but that's it. Would be OK, like in the lobby only survivor see the DS icon over the head of the user and accordingly change their setup.
Doc relies on stretching the game out, building madness and NOED is a solid part of my build with him. It doesn't just reward bad killers, it rewards solid play for end game builds.
I mostly play survivor. I don't think NOED is an issue.
Cleanse totems. If the gates are open, GTFO of there. Stop trying to save everyone.
maybe, each totem is given the name Perk Killer, for counter perks
Please remove this perk from the game.
As a killer you feel you are at a disadvantage if you don't pick it and as a survivor it feels really unfair not to say "infuriating" when the killer hasn't been able to kill a single survivor throughout the match and suddenly with noed they are able to turn the whole thing around.
I don't care if rank ones who think it is super easy to avoid. I'm forever stuck in the mid ranks and this thing is a plague for "solo queuers" like me.
If they remove ds and flashlights I am fine with it.
Break the totems. If the killer is as bad as you say, then you should have no problem breaking the totems.
And start the game with one survivor on hook.
Git gud please
If Noed is so uber balanced and fair then Survivors need their own totem called:
"Everyone Escapes Match"
And when the inevitable complaints come from Killers direct them to Noed, which does essentially the same thing in reverse so by their own reasoning Noed shouldn't be in game. Ironically they defuse their own argument XD
Nice necro, because we need more Noed threads, right?
So, this guy is asking that the devs implement a simple system to make the cleansing of totems easier and he is not asking for a rework, yet he receives tremendous backlash from everyone?
This forum is killer biased as heck
@Theluckyboi cleansing totems is already easy, the thing I’ve always wanted is a totem UI counter on small game if they really wanna cleanse totems.
The forum is "killersided", because the game itself is "survivorsided".
That's why so many killer player lash out at bad ideas.
Survivor asking for survivor buffs in a survivorsided game is simple doomed to created a backlash for logical reasons. :P
Small game.