Dear BHVR would it kill you to write down changes to powers in the patch notes??

I just realized that they shadow buffed pyramid head.

You can now use the punishment of the damned downstairs. It was known that you can only use them on slight ways up, like 1-2 steps of stairs but not higher. And if it goes down then the power would stop immidiatly and not go further. Now you can use it on basement stairs for example. Just happened to me. (Has been disproven, take a look to the other examples)

Or oni can now freely turn the camera while you are in your demon strike animation. Usually you could turn but at a very slow rate, you had to flick your mouse across the room, now its pretty easy without any problems.

Something thats older but still worth mentioning, when Nemesis came out you HAD to stand right infront and face the pallet to destroy it, now you can just hit it with most angles from the sides and destroy them, that also came a patch later.

I mean I think its pretty cool but its just weird that things like this are not beeing mentioned at all, why?

Comments

  • It has always been like this, you should probably remove the post lol.

  • @razberrypizza said:

    It has always been like this, you should probably remove the post lol.

    Even Otzdarva mentioned this on his Pyramid head guide. I also myself tried it back then when I tried learning pyramid head and it never worked, it got always cut.

  • Huh, interesting.

    I’d reword your title to be less accusatory, instead pose a question: “Was The Executioner’s Power Changed?”

    Mention how you noted the new functionality, and see if you get a bite.

  • @AnObserver said:

    Huh, interesting.

    I’d reword your title to be less accusatory, instead pose a question: “Was The Executioner’s Power Changed?”

    Mention how you noted the new functionality, and see if you get a bite.

    Well it isnt only about pyramid head, I also mentioned oni, nemesis and there are also more things I can mention if requested, these are just SOME examples of how often things get changed without mentioning. Its not like it just started, it has been like this for years.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747789#Comment_2747789

    Well it isnt only about pyramid head, I also mentioned oni, nemesis and there are also more things I can mention if requested, these are just SOME examples of how often things get changed without mentioning. Its not like it just started, it has been like this for years.

    Right, but are you just venting? Or are you actually interested in figuring out what changed and why?

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747789#Comment_2747789

    Well it isnt only about pyramid head, I also mentioned oni, nemesis and there are also more things I can mention if requested, these are just SOME examples of how often things get changed without mentioning. Its not like it just started, it has been like this for years.

    The title is obnoxious and your first example is wrong, ph has always been able to do that lol, same with the nemesis example and i dont remember if they ever changed onis curve, but my point still stands.

  • As far as I know, you could always use it downstairs but not the upstairs

  • @razberrypizza said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747790#Comment_2747790

    The title is obnoxious and your first example is wrong, ph has always been able to do that lol, same with the nemesis example and i dont remember if they ever changed onis curve, but my point still stands.

    Its your word against my word lel my point also still stands.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    As far as I know, you could always use it downstairs but not the upstairs

    I am also not entirely sure about the pyramid head thing but I do remember clearly trying that and it didnt work twice at all. Might also been just buggy. However I still brought more examples idk why everyone just focuses on 1 single thing xD

  • "And if it goes down then the power would stop immidiatly and not go further"

    This has absolutely been in the game since day 1. I mentioned it in a guide I made for him back in May 2021, and I've known about it for even longer.

    There was no buff to his power that I'm aware of through my own games recently. He's always been able to go down something, provided it isn't too steep and you begin the power on a flat surface instead of already on the slope.

    I cannot comment on the other two as I don't play those killers, but you're absolutely wrong about this one.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    "And if it goes down then the power would stop immidiatly and not go further"

    This has absolutely been in the game since day 1. I mentioned it in a guide I made for him back in May 2021, and I've known about it for even longer.

    There was no buff to his power that I'm aware of through my own games recently. He's always been able to go down something, provided it isn't too steep and you begin the power on a flat surface instead of already on the slope.

    I cannot comment on the other two as I don't play those killers, but you're absolutely wrong about this one.

    Aight seems like many ppl say that, even though it was weird that it didnt work for me in 2 occasions, lets call it a bug. But again, I mentioned 2 other things aswell, its not ONLY about pyramid head.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747827#Comment_2747827

    Aight seems like many ppl say that, even though it was weird that it didnt work for me in 2 occasions, lets call it a bug. But again, I mentioned 2 other things aswell, its not ONLY about pyramid head.

    Hey best friend read the last sentence of my comment thanks x

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747829#Comment_2747829

    Hey best friend read the last sentence of my comment thanks x

    My bad I am blind lul sry

  • A quick question, cuz this also happened to me, in the library at midwich, you know the ramp to downstairs where a totem spawns often right next to it? I also wasnt able to use the punishment there, it happened aswell for me that it just stopped when I tried to hit a survivors there. My question is if there is any way to maybe make it more reliable to hit on ways like that cuz seems like I am having trouble on ramps down like that since it also didnt work for me on basement stairs.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747834#Comment_2747834

    A quick question, cuz this also happened to me, in the library at midwich, you know the ramp to downstairs where a totem spawns often right next to it? I also wasnt able to use the punishment there, it happened aswell for me that it just stopped when I tried to hit a survivors there. My question is if there is any way to maybe make it more reliable to hit on ways like that cuz seems like I am having trouble on ramps down like that since it also didnt work for me on basement stairs.

    Okay essentially, you can guarantee it goes down any slope (so not, like, the side of a hill or something) by aiming your camera directly down it, as off to the side will mess it up. Stand a step or so back from the edge of the ledge and then let it go, as being too close to the start of the stairs will mean nothing happens. The general rule I've used for a while is that you want at least 1 trail segment to fully spawn before it goes down for it to actually go down.

    I'd get video footage for you bit I woke up 15 minutes ago and gotta get out the house very soon

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747835#Comment_2747835

    Okay essentially, you can guarantee it goes down any slope (so not, like, the side of a hill or something) by aiming your camera directly down it, as off to the side will mess it up. Stand a step or so back from the edge of the ledge and then let it go, as being too close to the start of the stairs will mean nothing happens. The general rule I've used for a while is that you want at least 1 trail segment to fully spawn before it goes down for it to actually go down.

    I'd get video footage for you bit I woke up 15 minutes ago and gotta get out the house very soon

    Oh I see I mean this makes sense, then I was just too close already to the stairs and therefore nothing happened, well thats good to know, thanks for that! Ye would be cool to see footage, thanks in advance.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    "And if it goes down then the power would stop immidiatly and not go further"

    This has absolutely been in the game since day 1. I mentioned it in a guide I made for him back in May 2021, and I've known about it for even longer.

    There was no buff to his power that I'm aware of through my own games recently. He's always been able to go down something, provided it isn't too steep and you begin the power on a flat surface instead of already on the slope.

    I cannot comment on the other two as I don't play those killers, but you're absolutely wrong about this one.

    You make guides? I never knew

  • I have one and I'm working on remaking it when it gets a year old to account for new perks (not that I think it'll change much tbf).

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747928#Comment_2747928

    I have one and I'm working on remaking it when it gets a year old to account for new perks (not that I think it'll change much tbf).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251317/a-quick-lesson-on-how-to-play-pyramid-head-properly

    Sweet thanks

  • I feel like this conversation is pretty popular at bhvr.


    "Does it work?"

    "Well kind o..."

    "Send it. Kinda means it can be fixed and I'm sure you'll have it done by then."

    Si...

    "Send it.

    ...gh

    "Okay."

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747782#Comment_2747782

    Even Otzdarva mentioned this on his Pyramid head guide.

    yes. You cant do it. Something has been changed. Legend

  • Apologies for the bump but here's some proof that you can, in fact, go down slopes:

    https://youtu.be/deBZ_K8DOBU

    Both of these were from 2 games I literally just had

    and this is why range add-ons are my favourite

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Apologies for the bump but here's some proof that you can, in fact, go down slopes:

    https://youtu.be/deBZ_K8DOBU

    Both of these were from 2 games I literally just had

    and this is why range add-ons are my favourite

    Range Addons are his ONLY addons. Everything else is complete trash with zero noticeable, useful in-game effects.

    It's why his whole collection needs a massive overhaul (and has needed one since he came out, a year and a half ago)

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2749014#Comment_2749014

    Range Addons are his ONLY addons. Everything else is complete trash with zero noticeable, useful in-game effects.

    It's why his whole collection needs a massive overhaul (and has needed one since he came out, a year and a half ago)

    his duration add-ons are nice with the way i play, though.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2747805#Comment_2747805

    I am also not entirely sure about the pyramid head thing but I do remember clearly trying that and it didnt work twice at all. Might also been just buggy. However I still brought more examples idk why everyone just focuses on 1 single thing xD

    It's just buggy sometimes it works on stairs and other times it dosnt. I think every set of stsirs has a buggy zone that acts like the basement stairs and nullifies Big Daddy's trail.

  • I had a pyramid head try to put a trail on the basement steps like a day or two ago disappeared after a few seconds

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Apologies for the bump but here's some proof that you can, in fact, go down slopes:

    https://youtu.be/deBZ_K8DOBU

    Both of these were from 2 games I literally just had

    and this is why range add-ons are my favourite

    Ye I tested this myself in a custom and I can confirm that when you are too close at the stairs then the power stops, you have to stand abit further away and then it will follow the stairs.